Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Page expansion broken on posting page

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

Page expansion broken on posting page Empty
PostSubject: Page expansion broken on posting page   Page expansion broken on posting page 07v2DaMThu Apr 23, 2015 8:19 pm

I noticed the modifications made to the forum to make it expand as you increase the size of the window are actually broken when posting a new topic, replying to an existing one, or editing a post. That is, the /post page specifically. If you expand the window, the page expands infinitely and will not contract when you shrink the window.

Additionally, it will expand the page horizontally even if you're only expanding (or SHRINKING!) the window vertically (i.e. when you put your cursor on the bottom edge of the window and drag either down or up). This scenario is how I  realized the infinite expansion issue exists as it makes it REALLY obvious.

Not really a huge issue, but it's there.

Sorry Tales peeps, even when not working, QA TESTERS GOTTA TEST!

EDIT: This actually happens on ALL pages that have the text editor for posts - for example on the bottom of a thread if you drag the bottom of the browser window up and down the text editor will keep expanding until it reaches the borders of the page, which will then start expanding the page itself. You can even try it on this very page to see it yourself.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

Page expansion broken on posting page Empty
PostSubject: Re: Page expansion broken on posting page   Page expansion broken on posting page 07v2DaMSun Apr 26, 2015 8:00 am

That's really damn neat, actually. This is fun.

You can stop this behaviour immediately just by resizing the editor window once, but I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro

Page expansion broken on posting page
Page 1 of 1