Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Multiplayer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Quickie

Quickie

Multiplayer Empty
PostSubject: Multiplayer   Multiplayer 07v2DaMFri May 29, 2015 2:06 pm

So I plan on getting this game and playing with 2 other players, obviously making 3 in total.  Unfortunately, like the Xillia games, it seems like that's not exactly the optimal choice of play.  But just to make sure I understand everything, I have a few questions:

- I understand that the camera during battle is rather uncooperative sometimes in single player, and even more troublesome in multiplayer.  Is there any decent way of getting around this?  Also, what exactly does the camera focus on? Is it the first controlled player?  Their target?  I'm a bit unclear about it.

- How exactly does the fusion mechanic work? Do you have to link (like Xillia) with one of the spirit characters? For example, if I play a spirit character and another player plays as Sorey, will I have to relinquish control of my character so that we can take advantage of fusion?

- Do 2 human characters have to always be in the party? Is it possible to have 1 human character (like Sorey) and 3 spirit characters in the party?

- From all the gameplay footage I've seen of Zestiria, Sorey has always been in the first slot of the party.  Does this mean that 1st player HAS to play as Sorey?  If I was 1st player, could I play as somebody else, while 2nd or 3rd player plays as Sorey?

I hope some of you can help me out here, and I apologize in advance if these questions were answered elsewhere, but I figured it'd be helpful to have a topic about it for ease of finding answers.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

Multiplayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer 07v2DaMFri May 29, 2015 9:57 pm

1. Always on the first player. Pretty terrible camera especially if there's a wall in the way.

2. The human fuses with the character paired with them in the menu, the one who has control of the fusion is the one who started the fusing, I think, I'll have to check on that.

3. Yes and no.

4. Sorey is always in first slot but player 1 can choose any slot they want to be. IE first player can be who ever is in second slot. I mostly played in the fourth slot when I played the game.
Back to top Go down
WrathOfDaisies

WrathOfDaisies

Multiplayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer 07v2DaMWed Oct 07, 2015 6:38 pm

Hi, I'm just going to take advantage of this old thread, if that's okay, as I have a couple questions about multiplayer, as well. Mostly being, is it worth it? I play with my three siblings, four in total. We've played co-op through Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia and Graces, and just started Xilla 1, but I've heard a lot of negative things about multiplayer in Zestiria. We're fine with three of us watching while one person is in control while running around the field and dungeon, so this is about during battle. Do you think it would be extremely difficult for three other people to play and actually have fun with it? Is there anyway to 'fix' the camera so that it stays still over the field, or anything like that? I would like your opinions on this, as I really want to support the Tales games here in the U.S., but money is a bit of an issue, and if it's really hard to work with....
Anyway, sorry if this is just a repeat, or if I just bothered anyone.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

Multiplayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer 07v2DaMMon Oct 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi WrathOfDaisies,

I haven't personally played yet so I can't answer all your questions, I'm sorry. I do know that there is now way to "fix" the camera, what it does is what it does. It follows player one regardless. So your siblings will unfortunately be offscreen if they are farther away or behind an environment obstacle. I'm not sure how livable it will be, to be perfectly honest, but knowing that information you can maybe judge. Hopefully someone who has used multiplayer can come along to better estimate how four players would work. It would definitely mean that some of the time two people would be sitting out if you wanted to use fusions.
Back to top Go down
WrathOfDaisies

WrathOfDaisies

Multiplayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer 07v2DaMWed Oct 14, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks, Shiv, that helps Smile The camera view can be really annoying if you can't even see which way you're facing, so... probably won't get it at first, but we'll see when we're done with Xillia. Thanks, man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Multiplayer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Multiplayer
Page 1 of 1