Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So.. are the old peeps still here?

Go down 
+24
Divinus Fulmen
Chalice
Chosen Zelos
Suikoden
Prochainezo
Rainstorm
Drake
Lloyzerdk
Type-JACK
Dannnnny
rune_devros
DoubleL
Paladin Cecil
Psypher
Abicion
HotFire
TalesofHysteria
Jean
Taiyz
Moontoon
Samaël
Bo Staff Katana
Harbinger
GhostAnime
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GhostAnime

So.. are the old peeps still here? Empty
PostSubject: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMMon Sep 14, 2015 10:58 am

Anyone remember me? =P
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMMon Sep 14, 2015 3:01 pm

Alas, your name doesn't ring any bell in my head Sad Well, I wouldn't consider myself as an "old" member though.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMMon Sep 14, 2015 3:54 pm

I agree with Harbinger, and my situation is similar. I was a member of the old Tales forums as JBG1986, though I wasn't the most active person. I was even a member of the original Reservia, probably as the same name I have now.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMMon Sep 14, 2015 5:52 pm

I remember you from the original ToSF... I think.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMMon Sep 14, 2015 6:15 pm

I remember you :3 Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMMon Sep 14, 2015 9:06 pm

I acknowledge your continued existence from the original forums.
Back to top Go down
GhostAnime

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMMon Sep 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Can't forget Moontoon. Taiyz is familiar. I didn't really post much outside of General Discussions (usually debates) and gaming.
Back to top Go down
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMTue Sep 22, 2015 6:53 pm

I do recognise your username. I'm still here... kind of. I don't post very often!
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMTue Sep 22, 2015 9:11 pm

I joined the official forums shortly before they closed them (under a different username) so I can't remember you but more people making it here from the old forum is a good thing.

How did you find this GhostAnime? Google?

Last edited by TalesofHysteria on Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HotFire

HotFire

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMWed Sep 23, 2015 11:05 am

I remember you! Though you may recognize my old username. I used to go by Abyss Guardian!
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMThu Sep 24, 2015 12:37 pm

I'm kind of here.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Psypher

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMSat Sep 26, 2015 4:09 pm

I remember you!
Back to top Go down
Paladin Cecil

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMSat Oct 03, 2015 9:28 pm

I joined the original forums in February of '07 (with the same name here) and remained there until they closed two years ago.
I wish I knew what caused it. It seemed like it just happened without explanation or warning.

I remember how great that forum was the first year I was there. I got to know a lot of amazing people and was convinced that the Tales series had one of the best fandoms out there (how many other fans have come up with creative names for threads on Pokemon Black & White and Bravely Default?  Smile ).
I really liked how there were a number of fan clubs for individual characters such as Keele, which really gave an example of how much knowledge people there had on the overall series.
It was also fun coming up with new topics to post and reading what people had to say.

I especially enjoyed reading comments on the topics I posted regarding Tales of Legendia's biggest flaw, the Tales Hangman topic and taking requests for questions to ask voice actors from the games that I met at conventions.

I do miss how active the forum was at that time. One thing I don't miss was the direction it would eventually go in.
For more than twelve months, I connected with people there so well and the place really felt like home, but eventually the board unexpectedly turned into a verbal war zone.

I remembered one topic where I posted something that was clearly just my opinion, and I didn't say anything hurtful or offensive toward anyone. But for some reason, about 8 or 10 people started acting like pit vipers and were being as hostile to me as homophobes are towards gays. I won't give any names, but it didn't surprise me that the forum eventually got less active after that, and that kind of behavior was a very likely reason.

And I don't get how or why that happened. The first fifteen months I spent there, the forum was usually positive, yet when I posted a topic where I just expressed frustration for a game not being on a Nintendo console, people acted like I was Steve Bartman at a Cubs game.
For some reason, people there just stopped using common sense. They didn't seem to understand the fact that if someone posts a message or topic that's not of your interest, just don't say anything. There's no reason to lash out over it.
(Although I don't know how it started, I'm thinking that a number of people there were haters to begin with, but there were more active staffers, so they had to be careful about what to say. But eventually most of the mods were rarely around (if at all), they noticed it and felt that they could finally treat others like Charles Manson being released from prison. I don't know if that's the case or not, but to me, it felt like it.)

I ended up having a series of moments like this and know that other people were victims of it, too.
I just don't get how so many people there within a blink of an eye turned into abusive haters when nothing like that went on when I initially joined.
I admit, some of those discussions were ones I should've walked away from a lot sooner, and eventually started doing.
But the reason why I didn't do that initially was because I remembered how friendly the forum once was and felt that I could negotiate with them.

Although this place hasn't been nearly as active as the old forum at its peak, at least topics aren't being overly bombarded with insane hate speech.
Despite this forum getting fewer posts, I'm glad that it's here because it's still a place for Tales fans to get together and interact.
And some of the stuff that has been posted here reminded me a lot of my best memories at the old forum before it jumped the shark.
I'm glad that people still post here and there are multiple topics that I have enjoyed reading.
Because of this and the positive experiences I did have at the old forum, I plan to remain here and if I end up doing Sac Anime next January, I'll post a topic for question requests for Crispin Freeman, who's a scheduled guest.

Last edited by Paladin Cecil on Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DoubleL

DoubleL

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMSat Oct 03, 2015 9:29 pm

I pass through sometimes. I remember you.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMTue Oct 06, 2015 12:42 am

What ever happened to Conn? And does he still get mad when you use the word "ironic" incorrectly?
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
rune_devros

rune_devros

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMTue Oct 06, 2015 1:24 am

Hi.

I'm still alive. I used to admin TOSF until around 2008 ish when I got too busy with school and went on to become nomadic hopping from forum to forum.

I'm still into Touhou, though I play Kancolle a lot too these days.
Back to top Go down
http://featheredmelody.com
Dannnnny

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMTue Oct 06, 2015 11:26 pm

every 6 months or so the cancer returns

but then quickly goes back into remission
Back to top Go down
Type-JACK

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMSun Oct 11, 2015 10:51 pm

Yo. I remember your username, but I'm afraid that's about it. I think I also joined TOSF in February 2007, like Paladin Cecil up there. Pretty much been a serial lurker for many years, though. Occasionally I get nostalgic and come here.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMMon Oct 12, 2015 12:05 am

It's still pretty upsetting what happened to the old forums. I spent a lot of time there and had a lot of fun. I remember being in the Xillia localization thread when the English version was first announced (can't believe it's already been over three years) and all that drama with Sarah the Black Mage. Good times. I wouldn't mind reading some archived threads.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMMon Oct 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Woah dude you're a young'un
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMMon Oct 12, 2015 8:40 pm

I guess I'm old-ish? maybe? Joined sometime before/after ToW:RM came out in NA which was July '07 so somewhere in and around then, I remember seeing the advertisements for it around being a member/joining (played my first Tales game in spring '06 so definitely after that)

I'm terrible at names so I'm sorry I don't recognize you, I'm sorry! We can be friends now though ^.^
Back to top Go down
Prochainezo

Prochainezo

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMMon Oct 26, 2015 6:32 pm

I used to post a bunch from 2008-ish up until the forums' demise, but I'm not sure if anyone remembers me. My username back on TSF was Acerola/Prochainezo, and I mostly posted on GD, anime, music and VG boards. Kinda happy to see so many familiar faces here.

As a side note, who would I need to PM if I wanted to change my username? I used to bother Lunar back on the official forums, but I'm not sure if he's still here...
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Sakuyashii
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMMon Oct 26, 2015 9:23 pm

Scrubedge wrote:
As a side note, who would I need to PM if I wanted to change my username? I used to bother Lunar back on the official forums, but I'm not sure if he's still here...
What would you want it changed to? :O
Back to top Go down
Chosen Zelos
Spicy Potato
Chosen Zelos

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMTue Oct 27, 2015 4:48 am

I'm here every once in a ha'while. Like now. Can't confirm the future, but for now . . . hi?
Back to top Go down
Prochainezo

Prochainezo

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaMTue Oct 27, 2015 5:30 am

Suikoden wrote:
Scrubedge wrote:
What would you want it changed to? :O

Prochainezo would be good enough. I believe Acerola is taken by my unused account anyway, ahaha. Plus Prochainezo would fit my old Baccano sig/ava set better, so I'd be happy with that.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Sakuyashii
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So.. are the old peeps still here?   So.. are the old peeps still here? 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

So.. are the old peeps still here?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: