Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales anime releases and how they fit in

Go down 
+3
Yume Hanabi
Samaël
Taiyz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Tales anime releases and how they fit in Empty
PostSubject: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaMFri Oct 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Hey guys, I'm just curious if there might've been some Tales anime I might've missed. I'm curious which ones exist, and how they fit in with the game they're based on.

I believe that the Eternia TV series is a spinoff, and I know that the Phantasia OVA is an adaptation...

Did the Symphonia OVA series ever finish? I remember watching the Sylvarant half, but then there was like nothing for months on end and I never knew if they continued it.

The Vesperia movie and the Zesitiria OVA, are these both prequels? Are they the kind that one should watch them before playing the games, or the other way around?
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaMFri Oct 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Symphonia finished, Vesperia's takes place before the game, and Zestiria's is like the first hour of the game.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaMSat Oct 24, 2015 6:13 am

Abyss is a straight adaptation (with some weird changes).

Zestiria will get a full anime series some time next year.
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaMSat Oct 24, 2015 2:51 pm

Oh wow, Abyss completely slipped my mind! I need to finish Symphonia's OVA...

Is the Vesperia movie worth watching before the game, or is it kind of designed to be watched after knowing the game's story/characters more thoroughly?

Also, at which point can I watch the Zesty OVA without spoiling anything? (Just for reference I stopped last night at the first save point outside the forest at the start of the game.)
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaMSat Oct 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Symphonia's was able to breath a bit more post-Slyvarant, and some of UFOTable's interpretive choices turned out great, but by virtue of form it remained hilariously abridged.  (My favorite:
Spoiler:
.) Still really pretty, though.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaMSun Oct 25, 2015 10:48 pm

That's exactly where the Zesty OVA ends Taiyz!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaMSun Oct 25, 2015 11:19 pm

That's actually a pretty natural stopping point. GG Namco Bandai.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaMSun Oct 25, 2015 11:46 pm

Also I totally missed your Vesperia question, I'd say watch it after its designed to be cool knowledge for people who know the characters, PS3 version does have their movie costumes and includes two characters from the movie though, which is pretty cool/ a thing
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaMTue Oct 27, 2015 1:48 am

Are you talking about Patty or some NPCs?
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaMTue Oct 27, 2015 3:39 am

Hisca and Chastel
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaMWed Oct 28, 2015 7:14 am

Yume Hanabi wrote:
Abyss is a straight adaptation (with some weird changes).

Aside from Natalia's hair I don't really remember. Has been a few years since I saw it, I guess, I just forgot some things.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaMMon Nov 02, 2015 11:48 am

They tried to abridge the whole passage ring thing in a way that made little sense when keeping the actual thing wouldn't have been that hard. iirc
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales anime releases and how they fit in   Tales anime releases and how they fit in 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales anime releases and how they fit in
Page 1 of 1