Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beautiful snow

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Beautiful snow Empty
PostSubject: Beautiful snow   Beautiful snow 07v2DaMThu Nov 12, 2015 6:05 am

Hey guys, so this is another obtuse "genre" thread.

I really like the look of snowy environments (unless we're talking about boring glacial videogame-y environments, f*** those.) I recently finished Ghost in the Shell: Arise which progresses into winter and looks absolutely gorgeous while doing so. There are plenty of other shows and story arcs that take place and look good in the winter. Episode 3 of Sword Art Online (and I think some parts of Mother's Rosario?,) a story arc in Allison and Lillia, Kanon. In particular these examples combine snowy visuals with some very "warm" scenes as well, whether they involve fire-lit cabins or camaraderie. That's the best.

I'm hoping that you guys know some more shows that have a nice helping of some sublime snowfall, they don't have to be all about or take place in the winter season, but I would like it to be a noteworthy motif. Please warn me if there's depressing romantic drama though, I haven't gotten the urge to sit through one of those since Clannad was airing.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Casey
Anime Girl Advocate
Dr. Casey

Beautiful snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful snow   Beautiful snow 07v2DaMThu Nov 12, 2015 8:12 am

Snow settings a best. Nagi no Asukara's a good example, since the second half takes place entirely in a wintery, snowy landscape.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

Beautiful snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful snow   Beautiful snow 07v2DaMThu Nov 12, 2015 3:20 pm

I too love settings with falling snow! Especially if it's also nighttime. It's just so peaceful somehow.

And yes, Nagi no Asukara is a beautiful anime <3 I think there was snow in Kyoukai no Kanata as well?
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Type-JACK

Beautiful snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful snow   Beautiful snow 07v2DaMMon Dec 14, 2015 3:36 pm

I think there's snow in ef: A Tale of Memories, though that is indeed a dramatic romance. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya is a top example, though probably not a new one. Non Non Biyori has some snow episodes, though infrequent. For atmospheric falling snow, the snow episodes of Mushishi would definitely be at the top. Log Horizon 2's got some snow as well, I think (though it also has the DEENening).

Snow is pretty great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beautiful snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful snow   Beautiful snow 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Beautiful snow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: Anime-
Jump to: