Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies

Go down 
+7
Lewnatic
Hurnyier
DreamSword
Rainstorm
Samaël
Zwei.0
Lloyzerdk
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMSat Feb 15, 2014 6:36 pm

If anything in this guide is wrong, or if any more arte names have been revealed, leave a post and I'll update the list ASAP. A big thanks to Aselia Wiki for all the Arte names.

Will update as screenshots and videos are released.

Note: The names that are in parentheses represent what those artes have been localized as previously, and can help determine if the artes in Xillia will be localized the same way, although it is not guaranteed.

Lloyd
Kaenrekkuu > Blazing Tempest
Shinkuu Senretsuha > Sword Rain: Tempest
Colette
Grand Cross > Grand Cross
Raine
Inspect Magic > Inspect Magic
Sacred Shine > Sacred Light
Fairy Circle > Fairy Circle
Kratos
Shugohoujin > Guardian Field
Shining Bind > Holy Binds
Zelos
Dankuuken > Decisive Slice
Judgment > Judgment
Shining Bind > Holy Binds
Divine Judgment > Divine Judgment
Presea
Raishuuhougeki > Decimating Storm
Shippuuressen > Punishing Gale
Reppa Enshougeki > Infernal Ruin
Hien Messhoujin > Crimson Devastation
Regal
Souryuu Rengadan > Dragon's Talon
Retsuenshuu > Blazing Strike
Hishou Tenshuubu > Heaven Rising
Hienraikyaku > Storm Dance
Garen Zesshuugeki > Fanged Finality

Compound Special Attacks
Gungnir > Gungnir
Innocent Edge > Innocent Edge
Ryuuko Metsugajin > Wyrm Wrath
Fukuin > Gospel
Critical Blade > Critical Blade
Rock Mountain > Rock Pillar
Majoukoufu > Purgatory Seal
Genma Getsueika > Mirage Infliction
Zanma Getsueika > Moonlight Fury
Genma Hienkyaku > Savage Mirage
Zanma Hienkyaku > Savage Fury

Titles
Lloyd
Palmacosta-hakase > Palmacosta Pro
Musou no Mousha > Unrivaled Blade
Colette
Kimi to Osoroi v > Twinsies
Genis
Samuku Nai Yai! > I'm Not Cold!
Raine
Erabareshi Bijou > Chosen Beauty
Kratos
Dai Majin...? > Steel Demon
Sheena
Ryuusei Rider > Star Straddler
Zelos
Altamira Bousouzoku > Altamiran Rider
Presea
Atatakai > Gentle Warmth
Regal
Koushaku > ?

Enemies
Gen'ei Magnius > Shadow Magnius
Gen'ei Forcystus > Shadow Forcystus
Gen'ei Pronyma > Shadow Pronyma
Eiyuu Yuan > Yuan the Hero
Eiyuu Kratos > Kratos the Hero
Eiyuu Mithos > Mithos the Hero

Last edited by Lloyzerdk on Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:38 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMSat Feb 15, 2014 7:54 pm

Lloyzerdk wrote:

Raine
Inspect Magic > ?
Sacred Shine > ?
Fairy Circle > ?

Sacred Shine will probably be "Sacred Light", if they use the old recording:

[quote="Lloyzerdk"]
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMSun Feb 16, 2014 2:29 am

I'm most curious as to whether these artes will be left unvoiced or if they got the original actors back to play them. I remember Zelos's VA mentioning he did lines for something, but I guess we won't know for sure until the game comes out.

It would've been nice if they had dubbed the skits should the VA have returned, but they'd probably lose money on that deal.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMThu Feb 20, 2014 3:07 pm

ToSC got an 8 from IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/20/tales-of-symphonia-chronicles-review

Not bad if I do say so myself.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMFri Feb 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies Tumblr_n1d6r1N4Cs1qdpytgo1_500

I am so confused
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMFri Feb 21, 2014 6:56 pm

I should have realized earlier that you were samriegel on tumblr o_0 and I am also so very confused
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMFri Feb 21, 2014 7:19 pm

It's a title/description that happens before the mystic arte. You youngins might not know this, but that used to be a thing back in ye old Tales times. Eternia did it with a few Mystic Artes.

Last edited by DreamSword on Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMFri Feb 21, 2014 7:30 pm

DreamSword wrote:
It's a title/description that happens before the mystic arte. You youngins might not know this, but that used to be a thing back in ye old Tales times. Eternia did it was a few Mystic Artes.
Wow I'm stupid
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMSun Feb 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Fanatic posted a Mystic Artes exhibition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSgGq_gcHE8&feature=em-uploademail

The quotes are pretty inaudible, but I believe they got the english actors back to dub the MA lines.

And I see Namco made another fail. With the Holy Binds MA, the characters say "Shining Bind" instead of "Holy Binds." Makes you wonder why they changed the name in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Hurnyier

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMTue Feb 25, 2014 8:35 pm

Regal's Hienraikyaku became Storm Dance.
Presea's Shippuuressen became Punishing Gale.
Presea's Raishuuhougeki became Decimating Storm.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMTue Feb 25, 2014 11:11 pm

If it isn't too much trouble, Hurn, could you provide some video evidence to back up those arte changes? It's not that i don't trust you, I just wanna be 100% sure.
Back to top Go down
Hurnyier

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMWed Feb 26, 2014 8:57 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUXKas9eRe8

I just got a quick recording from my phone, so you can see the new artes in action.
Back to top Go down
Lewnatic

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMThu Feb 27, 2014 6:36 pm

I'm really unhappy with how the new voices have been handled. The actors have all done very well, but Namco messed up with the volume and effects. For example, neither Mithos or any of the Summon Spirits have reverb on their new stuff. It really sticks out. Same goes for Raine's Mystic Artes.

SOOOO, being me and all, I ripped the audio files and I'm doing it myself hehehehe. I took Mithos' Shining Bind file, lowered the pitch to make it sound more like him, decreased the speed (I don't know why they insisted on making Arte names so quick. See: Colette), and added reverb. I'll upload a video soon.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMThu Feb 27, 2014 7:07 pm

To be fair, it was going to sound off no matter what they did - most voice recordings are done in the same room with the same audio equipment and as many other factors identical aside from the actor, otherwise some voice recordings will seem "off" compared to others.

When you record new voices 10 years later, you're pretty f***ed in that regard. It's probably impossible to get the same room in the same building as you did 10 years ago, and even if you did something may have happened to the room that changes the acoustics. On top of that it'd be next to impossible to have the exact same audio equipment available. And the voice actors have aged 10 years.

I do agree they should have put more effort into altering what they did to more closely match though. The lack of reverb is surprising, and it shouldn't have been hard to normalize the volume of the new recordings to the old ones.
Back to top Go down
Lewnatic

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMThu Feb 27, 2014 7:16 pm

I don't actually think the 10 years is that noticeable. Not when you're listening to the raw files next to the other ones. Most characters sound like they've stepped right out of a time capsule. I'm particularly impressed with Genis. The one who's missed the mark mostly is probably Jennifer Hale.

Another issue I have with the audio is that some of it is muted in-game. For example, Raine and Sheena's Unison Attack 'Majukoufu / Purgatory Seal' is muted, meaning the voice actors did not record the lines... However this is not the case, I've found the files while I was ripping and I have no idea why they'e not been included. The same goes for Gungnir, the voice files are there but they're not used in the actual game.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMThu Feb 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Ok yeah, this sounds like it was rushed to get it out the door then. The quickly spoken arte names I could also see happening if the director didn't pay attention to the old lines and just had them speak them as if they were artes for the newer, faster-paced Graces f or Xillia.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMSun Mar 02, 2014 11:17 pm

Palmacosta-hakase is Palmacosta Pro
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMMon Mar 03, 2014 4:29 pm

How's the video coming along Lewnatic?
Back to top Go down
Lewnatic

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMTue Mar 04, 2014 4:25 pm

Lloyzerdk wrote:
How's the video coming along Lewnatic?
The audio files are all complete. Presea's was rather annoying because ENG Presea doesn't shout "LET'S END THIS!" whereas JP Presea has a nice big "OWARI DESU!", but with a bit of editing I'm happy with it. ENG Mithos' whiney "Shining Bind!" now sounds identical to the Mithos we all know, I'm most happy with that! I just need to get a capture card sso I can record all I need with the battle voices muted... I was planning on buying one anyway but I'm tight for money at the moment. Unless someone were to record it all for me and drop box me the files or something, it won't be out right away. Some of it will require a second play through too, but I was planning on that anyway.
Back to top Go down
LGameTales

LGameTales

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMFri Mar 07, 2014 1:10 am

Did any of us happen to catch the English name of Magnius's Arcane Strike?

I averted its execution in my game, expecting that I could easily find it online, but, uh... I can't.
Back to top Go down
Lewnatic

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMFri Mar 07, 2014 11:30 am

Well, in his voice files there is 'Searing Edge' and 'Destructive Raid'. One of them is unused though, I believe.
Back to top Go down
LGameTales

LGameTales

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMFri Mar 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Oh, thank you.

It must have been "Destructive Raid" (for Souha Enrenshou); "Searing Edge" must be his unused "Enshouken".
Back to top Go down
TrulyBigHeaded
Literal Pokémon Master
TrulyBigHeaded

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMSun Mar 09, 2014 6:10 pm

So far in my playthrough of Chronicles the new voiced content has been handled TERRIBLY. Raine's Inspect Magic is rather quiet and hard to hear while Colette's Grand Cross may as well be muted, it's THAT quiet. The sound mixing is absolutely atrocious and really sticks out.

Who the hell localised this?
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMSun Mar 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Patches are a wonderful thing - they'll never use any, right?
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaMSun Mar 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Hearing Lloyd's new quotes, it sounds as though Scott Menville's voice got even higher pitched. I recall his Lloyd being deeper than most of his other roles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies   Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Unlocalized Symphonia Artes/Titles/Enemies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next