Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fighting Game Alley

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Fighting Game Alley Empty
PostSubject: Fighting Game Alley   Fighting Game Alley 07v2DaMSun Mar 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Thought I'd make a general thread for punchman goodgames.

Anybody get Street Fighter V? Should I start a list of Fighter IDs here so that people on PC can reach out? (Theoretically other games might use a similar ID system in the future because of cross-play on PS4.)

Taiyz
PSN ID: Taiyz_Genesis
[SFV] Fighter ID: Taiyz_Genesis
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Game Alley   Fighting Game Alley 07v2DaMMon Mar 07, 2016 2:22 am

Well I love Smash Bros., but the only one I play online is the N64 game. Heh.

Funny, I prefer fighters that prefer pokes over super-combos, yet I have never really given Street Fighter a serious look. I guess I refuse to sink hundreds of dollars into chasing after the wind of playerbase I'll never be good enough to beat.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Game Alley   Fighting Game Alley 07v2DaMMon Mar 07, 2016 9:07 am

I would argue that, while Smash has 0 barrier to entry, it has the biggest skill level gap between average and competitive play.

Street Fighter V is probably the best Street Fighter for new players just because it doesn't feel like you need prior experience with the franchise, but still feels like a Street Fighter game. However, until this month's big update it is seriously lacking the tools that a retail fighting game should have.

Personally I prefer anime fighters for their freedom of movement though.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Game Alley   Fighting Game Alley 07v2DaMMon Mar 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Well my experience is scattershot and I am fickle.

I like supa-fast games in the Not-SNK-Capcom VS/Arc System Works vein too, but always feel like if I am not running at the commentary-slurring 1000 mph I am playing them wrong, while Street Fighter's being so slow is probably the deterrent I could not verbalize too close to midnight. Super Smash Bros. and Soul Calibur are the two where I feel like the whole spectrum of action is "okay".

With Smash Bros., I guess the question is what you define as "average". Mashing A while waiting for the next item, or having enough of an idea of your opponent fall speed to actually chain hits together?
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Game Alley   Fighting Game Alley 07v2DaMMon Mar 07, 2016 8:14 pm

I really like fighting games, but I have never been able to get in to street fighter. I also don't have a PS4 nor do I play games on the PC. I do have a WiiU and a PS3. My favorite fighting series are Blazblue, Soul Calibur, and Smash.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Game Alley   Fighting Game Alley 07v2DaMMon Mar 07, 2016 9:33 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
With Smash Bros., I guess the question is what you define as "average". Mashing A while waiting for the next item, or having enough of an idea of your opponent fall speed to actually chain hits together?
I qualify it with the same criteria as any other fighter, whether you are just as good as or slightly better than your group of friends/online community assuming that nobody in that circle is tournament-level. I find it unlikely that a group of several people who play the game consistently would be similarly incompetent, but you also need a tournament player to compare to, to judge whether somebody is above "average," so that's why I use it as a good meter-stick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighting Game Alley   Fighting Game Alley 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Fighting Game Alley
Page 1 of 1