Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you believe in God/Yahuwah?

Go down 
+4
BlazingFiddlesticks
Tenshigami
Chosen Zelos
Harbinger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

Do you believe in God/Yahuwah? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God/Yahuwah?   Do you believe in God/Yahuwah? 07v2DaMSat Oct 29, 2016 5:29 pm

I believe in the Flying Spaghetti. (I don't believe in God or supernatural beings. However, if we do happen to meet them, I will be open minded about them, I guess)
Back to top Go down
Chosen Zelos
Spicy Potato
Chosen Zelos

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God/Yahuwah?   Do you believe in God/Yahuwah? 07v2DaMSun Oct 30, 2016 5:55 am

Eh, I'm leaning more towards an agnostic atheist. Or atheist agnostic? I dunno. Basically I don't know what happens when we die, whether everything about us that can be called a "soul" will just cease to be when we are brain dead and we rot in the ground, or if there IS something after death that we just plain cannot fathom and sure as shi* can't pretend to know ... That's why I find the situation with Jesus & Yahweh & Holy Spirits and all that to be highly unlikely. If God is real though, I hope he's like how he is in DarkMatter2525's videos. Cuss he funny~

Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God/Yahuwah?   Do you believe in God/Yahuwah? 07v2DaMSun Oct 30, 2016 10:54 am

I'm a Christian, though I don't parade around telling everyone I meet like some do. It's more something I will usually only say when asked (like right now), or if I find out someone else is one. It's a decision I came to when I accepted my beliefs as my own a few years back, being a Christian because I actually wanted to, rather than simply because it would please family.

I don't want to be the kind of person that throws bibles at people and condemns them, or runs around asking everyone I meet, "Do you know Jesus? Do you know Jesus?" because I was not put on this earth to be obnoxious and/or an asshole. What I believe is between me and God.

Sort of on the flip side of what Zelos said, I would count myself as an agnostic theist. I'm not here to argue with atheists about whether God exists or not. I respect the beliefs of atheists, until the moment they disrespect me for mine. I cannot say that I do not have even the shadow of a doubt that God is real anyway, it's simply what I choose to believe.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God/Yahuwah?   Do you believe in God/Yahuwah? 07v2DaMSun Oct 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Christian here. It is always an interesting question to ask on an anime-themed board!
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God/Yahuwah?   Do you believe in God/Yahuwah? 07v2DaMMon Oct 31, 2016 10:03 am

I grew up in a Christian family, but as an adult I'm not sure anymore. I do feel like I long for something/someone greater to rely on, in hard times.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God/Yahuwah?   Do you believe in God/Yahuwah? 07v2DaMWed Nov 02, 2016 8:35 pm

I was raised in an atheist household and I still hold those same beliefs. Religion simply never was a factor in my life.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God/Yahuwah?   Do you believe in God/Yahuwah? 07v2DaMThu Nov 17, 2016 5:12 am

I'm raised Hindu, but I'm somewhat Agnostic. I have faith of some kind, but its not neatly described by any one thing, its a very personal framework, that changes. I have certain beliefs, but I am also very scientifically minded, I have a picture of how the world works, and its revised when I can actually test it. If I can't test something, I don't say anything about it, I can't say its real, I can't say its not real. I just have my opinions and my feelings, and what my best guess is.

For me God is kind of a personal concept and relationship, its an essence embodied in people. God exists for me not as an objective entity (though God very well could) but as a subjective entity. Somewhat like I read in high school Philosophy about Soren Kiekergaard's view of God. I also do somewhat like Nietzche's take but he can be somewhat over-critical.

While I am not a follower of really either, I find both atheism and religion to be really beautiful at their best, which makes sense, its all people, and at our best we can be astounding.

I love churches, I've had really good experiences. I've had really bad experiences in Hindu temples. What I do think is that I love the concept, a place of thinking, of peace, of non-judgment and all-encompassing compassion, love, and forgiveness. And there are Temples like that and there Churches like that, and there are some that are not. But I feel like that is their epitome and I love them.

I maybe believe in something like a soul, I think consciousness is very interesting. Maybe it is mystifying because we do not know everything yet, but I think the reality of it is and will be really cool, just not in the ways we typically imagine cool things to be cool. Like how black holes are not what most people see them as, but what they actually are, are amazing in and of themselves.

If souls do exist, I do think the concept of the World Soul in Hinduism and Buddhism is enticing. We all come from one, and at the end of whatever cycles, we all return to one, we just splinter off and have some learning to do throughout various things, then kind of like a big thing. I gotta agree with Zelos that whatever is beyond, its something we probably cannot comprehend with our current senses, if there is something beyond the nothing. While I hold this as well as the view that there could be just nothing, doesn't really change how I live. Regardless, I only get this life I am living now this one time and that's it, I am never going to be this person, with these people, at this time, EVER again.

I believe there may be other planes of existence and there may be entities there, whether they are creatorly or overwatcherly I am not sure and am somewhat doubtful. We do think there are very probably other spacial dimensions, we cannot perceive all of reality, only our perspective and what falls into it. There is also maybe a multiverse, but not as fun as science fiction plays it out to be, but still super fun in that its a thing that's here.

I believe in energies, but not so much the 70's style, more like our actions, any actions, of anything, creates the cause and effect we know about. We are always putting something into the world and receiving what other people have put in. Nothing really more than that, but I do think this can have a prominent effect on a person. I do believe in the supernatural as far as, if someone observes something, it exists to the extent they are perceiving it and it has an effect on them. There could be more, there could be less. We can only say what we know and the effects we see, we may not be able to get the full picture of everything that is happening, and I don't think we can be expected to act on anything we do not know.

I think if it turned out we have a higher, guiding power, or spirit guardians, or anything like that, then we probably do have some kind of path tailored to us in life, but we are also very obviously gifted with some form of free will (within our biology as humans and given situational paradigms), and that free will can just come and wreck someone up real good and they can just not achieve what they were meant to, whether it be their own free will or someone else just deciding they weren't in need of living anymore etc. It is kind of how my own belief system is structured.

I think I believe that a lot of the universe is all random, it randomly produced everything that is, formed its rules randomly with what was created and settled in, and we by some amazing coincidence came to be under this formation of matter (a formation that is definitely not unique due to the rules of our universe, the universe is just massive). It's super amazing. And maybe ours, and some others, consciousness got to a point where they can influence the world in more than just our physical actions (though just our physical actions themselves are pretty cool when really looked at as it is).

I also believe my hope is a choice, and its one I make every day. I adore hope, and sometimes its annoying. Its the way I choose to see life and the way I get the most out of it. It drives me, and that works for me, it may not work for everyone.

Sorry so lengthy, I thought as I typed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God/Yahuwah?   Do you believe in God/Yahuwah? 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in God/Yahuwah?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: