Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]

Go down 
+11
Phaelin
sistaofpeace1
Saeko
Rainstorm
Zwei.0
Txn
Slivendiferious
Emil12345
cutepresea
Jazzeh
Bo Staff Katana
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Mar 30, 2014 7:25 am

Slivendiferious wrote:

I have no recollection of these events.

PS2/PS3 only events. There are some new ones, most of them are for the Tethe'alla party members.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Mar 31, 2014 9:26 am

I just realized my post up there was supposed to say doesn't happen again, whoops xD
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Apr 16, 2014 9:55 am

Also:

If player goes to Palmacosta first:

Palmacosta: Kratos offers to train Lloyd

"Nah, never mind." : Kratos -120
"Please." : Kratos +120

Palmacosta: Genis's test

Get all 3 questions correct : Genis +180
Get 2 questions correct : Genis +60
Get 1 question correct : Genis -60
Get all 3 questions wrong : Genis -180

(Note: Accepting the challenge straight off or declining and then going back and doing it later does not matter.)

House of Salvation: Find Sheena praying

"Speak to her." : no change
"Leave her alone." : Sheena +180

If player goes to Hima first:

Hima: Sophia asks if you are Sheena's friends

"Yes." : Sheena +60
"You've got to be kidding!" : Sheena -60

Hima: Sophia asks you to get Boltzman's Book

"All right." : Colette +180, Genis +120, Kratos +180, Sheena +180
"Okay, but..." : Genis +180, Raine +180, Kratos +60

I don't know. This feels more organized as certain events can only be done at certain places. If you go to Hima you lose the Sheena House of Salvation event. If you go to Palmacosta first you lose the Boltzman's book boost.

Also, which feels more canon? Going to Palmacosta first or going to Hima first?
Back to top Go down
sistaofpeace1

sistaofpeace1

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Apr 20, 2014 5:51 pm

I have a question regarding the Gathering Materials sidequest that occurs after Kratos leaves the party...notably during these affection scenes:

Quote :
Sybak: Talk to the woman about Kratos's movements

"Who cares." : Genis +60, Raine -60, Kratos -60, Sheena +60, Zelos +180, Presea +60, Regal -60
 "Yeah." : Colette +60, Genis -60, Raine +60, Kratos +60, Sheena -60, Zelos -180, Presea -60, Regal +60

Ozette: Talk to woman in inn who mentions Kratos

"I'm concerned about this." : Colette +60, Genis -60, Raine +120, Kratos +180, Sheena -60, Zelos -180, Presea -60, Regal +60
 "It won't do us any good to worry about it." : Colette +60, Genis +60, Raine -60, Kratos -180, Sheena +60, Zelos +180, Presea +60

Meltokio: Find Kratos near the castle

"Yeah, you're right." : Colette +180, Genis +120, Raine +120, Kratos -180, Sheena +180, Zelos +180, Presea +120, Regal +180
 "We can't just ignore it." : Colette +60, Genis -120, Raine +60, Kratos +180, Sheena -60, Zelos -180, Presea -60, Regal +60

My question is, if we say "Who cares" during the first scene, does that prevent the other scenes of the sidequest from triggering? (as well as the very last scene where Zelos is shown speaking to Kratos outside of Altessa's house right after the Flanoir event). I'm going for the Kratos path anyway but I would prefer not to get Zelos down super low, so...

Emil12345 wrote:
Also, which feels more canon? Going to Palmacosta first or going to Hima first?

I would think Palmacosta? I think the party mentions something about having to catch a ferry in Izoold sometime before/during Ossa Trail.
Back to top Go down
Saeko

Saeko

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Apr 20, 2014 9:10 pm

sistaofpeace1 wrote:
My question is, if we say "Who cares" during the first scene, does that prevent the other scenes of the sidequest from triggering? (as well as the very last scene where Zelos is shown speaking to Kratos outside of Altessa's house right after the Flanoir event). I'm going for the Kratos path anyway but I would prefer not to get Zelos down super low, so...

Yes. You have to investigate the first event to activate the sidequest. Zelos is supposed to dislike Lloyd on the Kratos path, I could go on and on about what Zelos' problem with Kratos is but long story short, all the good answers for Kratos will lower Zelos' affection and the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Phaelin

Phaelin

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMFri May 16, 2014 7:35 pm

Hello everyone! I just found these forums. Good to see familiar faces! A few thoughts on items discussed in this topic...

When the Namco forums went down, I reformatted my affection guide and posted it as a GameFAQ here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/561316-tales-of-symphonia/faqs/68566
Although, I still have the BBCode formatted version; if you'd like I can repost it here.

Just as a clarification, on the GCN version at least, Colette only gets the +500 at the start of the game if you do NOT carry affection over. If you use the GRADE shop to carry affection over, then Colette's value as it stood when you beat Mithos in your previous game is simply copied straight off your clear game save. No additions. On the other hand, if you do not buy the "Affection" item from the GRADE shop, then regardless of whether you are starting totally fresh or if you are using a clear game save, Colette will start with 500 affection and everyone else starts at 0.

In my tests (again on the GCN version), the way the Kratos materials gathering scenes work is: You don't have to even see the one in Sybak at all to see the others. In Ozette, you have to SEE the scene to get the Meltokio one, but it doesn't matter which option you pick. In Meltokio, you HAVE to investigate or you won't get the Altessa's House scene. (Note that there are a few mandatory scenes where they bump into Kratos which are not impacted here.)

And finally... Yes, Chronicles does have alterations in affection gains! I cannot yet actually view the save files because they are either encrypted or compressed, so I can't get at the raw data. But Chronicles does appear to have at the very least added new affection changes. For example, I was doing my even affection save on Chronicles and noticed before the first Tower of Salvation that Raine was +120 off from where she should have been. (I was able to verify the exact amount via the fortune teller and skit points.) I had viewed some of the new Chronicles cut scenes such as the books you can read in various places, and the new scene with Linar in Asgard. I am assuming one of those gives Raine a boost (probably the Linar scene) but I have not done extensive tests yet to be sure. Just keep in mind, if you're playing Chronicles, you might get some additional affection boosts sneaking in there if you do any of the new content. (And who knows yet if they changed any values for existing content.) In addition, I did notice on the GCN that getting certain titles boosts affection, but I'd already had a lot of the titles by the time I noticed this, so it could be some of the early titles that you can only get once also boost affection even on the GCN. (For example, Colette's "Klutz" title can only be obtained once. If you already have it--because you carried titles over--you can't view that scene again, and presumably couldn't get the affection boost again if it offered one, although I'm not sure there. Sheena's "Successor" title is one example that gives an affection boost and you can get it again even if you already have it, so it could be that there is no title that gives a boost that you can't obtain multiple times. I just am not 100% certain since it's been a long time since I played a fresh game without carrying titles over...)
Back to top Go down
Naoshi

Naoshi

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMFri May 16, 2014 11:55 pm

It's good to see you again, Phaelin! And thanks for the guide, it's really helpful.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMSat May 17, 2014 12:10 am

Naoshi wrote:
It's good to see you again, Phaelin! And thanks for the guide, it's really helpful.

Naoshi beat me to it. I am happy that you found this place Phaelin. You might or might not remember me fro the old forums. I used to be JBG1986, but I didn't post too much stuff there.
Back to top Go down
Phaelin

Phaelin

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMSun May 18, 2014 8:26 am

Hi! I do remember you, as JBG1986. Smile

One thing I forgot to mention: Just for clarification, affection can go negative. I have save files to prove it. Smile So if you dig someone into a hole, beware it may take them a while to climb back out... (Granted, all of this really applies mostly to the GCN version, as I haven't been able to thoroughly test any of the ports yet.)
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMWed May 21, 2014 3:59 am

Oh, thanks for the message Phaelin. I edited the post as you asked. :3
Back to top Go down
Twinrehz

Twinrehz

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMSat May 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Sorry for barging into the thread like this, but what is the purpose of this affection-system?
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMSat May 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Towards a gameplay-related end? There are some story-related items that I believe go into the Collector's book, and Lloyd and his partner are much more likely to go into overlimit if the other goes down.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMSat May 24, 2014 7:57 pm

Not to mention it affects which character becomes your 8th party member.
Back to top Go down
Twinrehz

Twinrehz

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMSun May 25, 2014 5:55 am

Ok. I don't remember much of ToS, only that if I did a certain thing in that snow-town, I got Kratos back as a party member. I always wondered why he suddenly showed up again at that point.l
Back to top Go down
Phaelin

Phaelin

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMSat May 30, 2015 11:40 am

I don't know if I should post this here or in a new topic, but I finally found the missing affection decision. This can be inserted into the affection values list above:

Palmacosta: Talking to Neil in his office about Dorr
  • "That's all right with me." : Colette +120, Genis +120, Raine +120, Kratos +120, Sheena +120
  • "I can't do that." : Colette -120, Genis -120, Raine -120, Kratos -120, Sheena -120

(Note: Sheena is affected only if she's in the party.)

Go to Neil's office after destroying the Palmacosta Ranch for this scene. It seems the window for doing this is fairly short; the earliest I've been able to get it to trigger is right before entering Luin after its destruction (on normal path). So just destroying the ranch isn't the only requirement; it seems you have to have released 3-4 seals as well. (You can do it while Colette can't speak, even though she has lines if she can talk.)

This decision at last allows one to bump Colette off into "hopeless" range... Cool
Back to top Go down
Phaelin

Phaelin

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Aug 15, 2015 9:03 am

Just for the heck of it, I used process of elimination to narrow down one of the Chronicles-exclusive affection decisions, because I happened to have a save in a good spot. It's not a very major one but I figured I'd post it anyway. Unlike my other affection values, I can't guarantee this one because I figured it out using empirical data rather than by looking directly at the raw value in a save file. I also didn't check whether this affects anyone but Zelos; it seems rather unlikely, but still is not something I tested.

Flanoir: Talking with Zelos near the ice sculptures

• "What? Tell me." : Zelos +120
  • "Weirdo." : no change

If anyone can tell me how to decrypt PS3 saves, I could get more definitive data. Or, if anyone gets the PC version and can send me save files, that'd be great too. Smile

(UPDATE: I do now have access to Chronicles saves, so I have updated the aforementioned FAQ with full data taken from the saves in Chronicles as well as the GCN.)

Last edited by Phaelin on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Apple151

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Mar 07, 2019 4:26 pm

Wow I don't think I ever went in these directions, guess I missed quite a bit!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]   Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware] - Page 2 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Affection Guide [Spoilers Beware]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2