Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)

Go down 
+13
Rainstorm
Zacewing
Drake
Moontoon
Prinny
Prochainezo
Harbinger
Slivendiferious
Tenshigami
Taiyz
King Cat the Sixth
Falcom
DylDawg
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Apr 06, 2015 8:12 am

Moontoon wrote:
So much happened in the first episode of Owari no Seraph. Personally I would have preferred if all these events could have been split up over atleast 2 more episodes. Hopefully things will slow down? ;w;
I watched the trailer and it/the actors sound(s) like Valvrave...

Is it fun so far?

Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Apr 06, 2015 10:25 am

Wouldn't say fun, but it could be interesting Very Happy Definitely going to watch more.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Apr 06, 2015 10:44 am

Arslan Senki is incredibly awesome so far.

Watched the first episode of Is It Wrong to Build a Harem in a Dungeon and it was surprisingly enjoyable and nowhere near as fanservice-laden as the (real) title suggested. This has gone from a "probably not" to a "will be watching."
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Apr 07, 2015 7:32 am

Taiyz wrote:
Kind of off-topic but I don't think there's a need to make a thread for this...

Are the Gurren Lagann movies worth watching? As far as I know they're just a retelling of the TV series, but I thought there was some new footage. Is anything drastically different? Is it non-canonical?

One of the things that really sucks is that Parallel Works was only released with the LE DVDs, so even if I got the movies on blu-ray I wouldn't get those with it. Also the fact that the movies weren't dubbed is pretty shitty, Aniplex just hasn't treated the series well.
The first movie is almost entirely the same until it reaches episode 12. I don't think it's worth watching the whole thing, but watching the last half hour (guessing) is probably good. The second movie I'd say is worth watching, but the parts already done in the series generally have less impact just because things happen fast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Apr 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
I watched the trailer and it/the actors sound(s) like Valvrave...

Is it fun so far?
It's a pretty generic shounen shit tbh, like Blue Exorcist. Wouldn't say it's amazing, but it's a pretty fun ride with some likable characters.

Blood Blockade Battlefront - Holy shit that animation. Holy shit that art. Holy shit that ost. Holy shit those voice actors. Holy shit that fight scene. Holy shit that production value.

Akira Ishida, you goddamn fabulous man, you. "If you assumed the main character would host the first preview, you're an IIIDIOT!"

The scene direction is really great for this one. Nevermind the action scene and large-red-kanji-of-special-attack-name, which is already inherently badass, what I liked more is the wide shot of the Leo's back when he started to cry. That conveyed the emotion a whole lot better than a close up of his snot.

That finishing blow was also really funny, partly because it's accompanied by Akira Ishida's angry rambling. "HE'S NORMAL!!!" haha.

Didn't expect this to be honest, would give this 9/10 because the setting is very vague still, but Bump of Chicken raised it up to 10. Definitely my must watch this season.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Apr 13, 2015 12:09 am

Holy shit this season.

Arslan Senki (Heroic Legend of Arslan) - Alternative title: Fullmetal Swordsman of the Dawn. In other words it's like if Fullmetal Alchemist, Lord Marksman and Vanadis, and Yona of the Dawn had a baby and it inherited all the awesome out of all 3. Amazing.

Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront) - Alternative title: X-Men In Black. It's got the ridiculousness of Kill la Kill, minus the fanservice, plus people with special powers (X-Men) and a setting somewhat similar to Men In Black where aliens openly walk the streets of (former) New York and EVERYONE ACTS LIKE THIS IS NORMAL. The main character joins this organization that apparently will be doing what they can to keep the alien creatures contained within the fog barrier of the city.

DanMachi (Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?) - Alternative title: Is It Wrong to Build a Harem in a Dungeon? Pretty fun so far, and as I said after the first episode, not nearly as fanservicey as the title implies. I'll just leave this here for the Hestia fans:

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 FTNCGWqSpring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 VYhoSey
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Apr 16, 2015 9:21 am

Damnnn Blood Blockade Battlefront's ending is catchy as hell.

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 Tumblr_nmv0rt9EtZ1ron35qo8_540
Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 Tumblr_nmojwr94Cc1smigzeo1_500
everything's better with awkward group dance

episode 2 is lacking in the action, but holy shit i am lying if i said im not entertained by that werewolf girl chasing blood firecracker accompanied by CATCH ME IF YOU CAN. just so fitting
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Apr 16, 2015 4:15 pm

When the ED of Blood Blockade, I thought it sounded familiar. It's from one of the bands that made a Tiger and Bunny opening.

And, holy yeah the ED, and OP (Bump of Chicken. woot) are fun and amazing.
Back to top Go down
Zacewing

Zacewing

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Apr 18, 2015 2:17 am

Blood Blockade Battlefront >>>>> your fave show this season

Sound! Euphonium is surprisingly not terrible.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Apr 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Zacewing wrote:
Blood Blockade Battlefront >>>>> your fave show this season

Nah.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Apr 19, 2015 1:44 am

Bra. Bump of Chicken OP and "Just having fun" ED. Add in (so far) a show that's just crazy and seems like a wild ride. Def one of the best this season.

I definitely want to see it get a dub. But Zapp would be less funny without his Hijikata voice. hahaha
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Apr 19, 2015 4:25 am

Just because I like the OP doesn't mean I like the anime.
Not really feeling it, really felt like a struggle to get past the first 2 eps, though ep 3 was a bit amusing with the chess thingy I guess.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Apr 20, 2015 10:52 am

Ninja Slayer actually managed to make me laugh, briefly. Likely only the first episode is worth watching just for how intentionally terrible it is.

Yeeart!
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Apr 20, 2015 3:47 pm

I'm definitely going to check out Blood Blockade Battlefront now : 0 I'm super excited for Digimon Tri and the Kyoukai no Kanata movie <3

EDIT: Saw the first two eps of BBB I absolutely love it, I'll be keeping active track of it once I'm done finals

Wish Upon the Pleiades looks like it could be fun but I think I'll wait for more of it to come out before I try it out, same with Euphonium.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Apr 21, 2015 2:24 am

Kiniro S2 = Diabetes

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 Tumblr_nn33cxzzJv1rrr564o1_540
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Apr 22, 2015 11:33 pm

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 5nLvJ4El
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Apr 23, 2015 12:19 am

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 KIlmDyA

MOE
Alice OP
Too much for my heart.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Apr 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Kiniro is going off the rails with the moe and I love it for that. I need to find a gif of Aya doing that sparkly hair thing.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMThu Apr 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Anime of the season.

We have this at least:

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 Tumblr_nn853adU6L1qj1qn2o1_500
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Apr 24, 2015 12:03 am

Currently watching the following Anime this season:

Arslan Senki
Fate
Nagato Yuki-chan
Owari no Seraph (Only saw the first episode but I think I'll continue)
Nisekoi
Sidonia

Anime to finish:
Parasite
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Apr 24, 2015 11:35 pm

Since Taiyz has been using these as "anime you're currently watching" threads I figured I might as well put this here, as it fits better than putting it in pos/neg/fick or something.

So I watched .hack//Legend of the Twilight all the way through for the first time - I had watched it partway through many years ago but was either too busy or not interested enough in anime at the time to finish. (My anime watching took a sharp dive during college for various reasons.) By the time I was interested in watching it again a couple years ago, discs were out of print, but the show recently got re-released by FUNimation.

It was pretty fun, though the ending was somewhat abrupt and not really explained as to what exactly happened. I honestly don't think anyone who isn't a .hack// fan would like it much.

While I enjoy dubs, I decided to watch it subtitled this time through. Maybe I'll watch the dub some other time. I'm kinda glad I didn't for now, because as soon as I recognized Shugo's Japanese voice, I couldn't stop thinking of a completely different character every time he opened his mouth.

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 Bvk3RgH

I also just realized the two characters' names are extremely similar too! O_o

After looking up the seiyuu (Junko Minagawa) and looking at her wikipedia page, she apparently voiced Yun recently in Akatsuki no Yona as well.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Apr 25, 2015 2:56 pm

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 Tumblr_muucss5YW81rkw335o1_500
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Apr 27, 2015 1:16 am

Kiniro continues to be great.

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 UGUc9VXl
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Apr 27, 2015 2:44 am

Gayaya has transcended the way of the tsundere.

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 KIx5amgh

Man this episooooooode, so many images I want to spam like delinquent Aya and Alice, Yoko trying to act cute, and Alice and Aya in general. Dat haircut LOL

Also this:

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 EbC4Gej

Clearly black hair Aya. XD

"Smoking" Alice was hella adorable xD

Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 Spkcje

Aya and Alice definitely stole the episode this week with their delinquent attempts at looking more grown up. Started the episode off just right bringing a big goofy grin to my face that stayed throughout like every week.
"See you next time!"
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Apr 27, 2015 5:01 am

Falcom wrote:
I really want to get into Love Live because it seems that people dig it more than Idolmaster, but seriously f*** NISA and their utterly ridiculous stock limitations. EVERYTHING Love Live is out of stock and if they do restock anything there's no guarantee that it'll include all the goodies from the original release. They already did a limited second run of Love Live (I didn't know they were doing "limited runs" for this series) and there's apparently a third printing in July but I betcha it'll be missing stuff. This is a lot like how I stumbled onto the SAO scene and I just barely managed to get the Weiss Schwarz cards (and wouldn't you know it, NISA had one for Love Live, it's like I'm when it comes to cards. I manged to miss out on both this and the exclusive quo card that AmiAmi had for the Gutto-Kuru Ikaruga figure, even though I had her pre-ordered before they launched the exclusive.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)   Spring Anime 2015 Season  (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread) - Page 2 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Spring Anime 2015 Season (Taiyz's Love Live! hijack thread)
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next