Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Korra: Balance: The Final Season

Go down 
+7
DreamSword
Meowzy
Suikoden
Drake
DylDawg
Zwei.0
Slivendiferious
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

Korra: Balance: The Final Season - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korra: Balance: The Final Season   Korra: Balance: The Final Season - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Dec 19, 2014 11:36 pm

Wow, I'm honestly surprised they went the route they did. And well, props to them for it!

Overall though, while I did enjoy the season, I have some mixed feelings about it. I'd probably place it somewhere in the middle in terms of personal rankings.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Korra: Balance: The Final Season   Korra: Balance: The Final Season - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Dec 23, 2014 11:14 am

Back to top Go down
Chosen Zelos
Spicy Potato
Chosen Zelos

PostSubject: Re: Korra: Balance: The Final Season   Korra: Balance: The Final Season - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Dec 28, 2014 5:52 am

Am I the only one who thought they coulda built up towards that a lil better? I have no problem with them together, that's kinda hot. I'm just saying ... their hints musta been sooooo subtle that they're non-existent, cuss, that ending felt like it came out of nowhere. And even then, it just looked like a "maybe" in the yuri department. I don't see enough for everyone in the LBGT to go gaga over Korra (all of the sudden)

I'd say that's just me, but a lot of people were guessing "maybe" "nah, just friends" before the creators said that that was "obviously" what they were aiming for. Which sounded kinda dickish, but, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Admin
Drake

PostSubject: Re: Korra: Balance: The Final Season   Korra: Balance: The Final Season - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Dec 28, 2014 7:09 am

Tumblr fandom would disagree, they found subtext in basically everything. Even the end itself was pretty subtle too, the main difference now is that they went out and said that it's exactly what you think it is.

Also I just want to sit back and appreciate how utterly well-choreographed the plans and fights were in the last two episodes. Too good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Vulcapyro
Chosen Zelos
Spicy Potato
Chosen Zelos

PostSubject: Re: Korra: Balance: The Final Season   Korra: Balance: The Final Season - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Jan 01, 2015 5:11 am

Of course they found subtext, you find whatever you're looking for when you're wanting it. That's Tumblr in a nutshell. And fine. They can have it. I'm not going through the past few seasons and gonna pay SUPERDOOPER ATTENTION everytime those two are on screen just to prove MY ARGUMENT that the final scene was not built up good enough. Cuss if it was, I wouldn't be having this conversation.

I don't even have a problem with the relationship, and I still get into lil arguments on ign and tumblr and other blahblah sites about this thing.

I dunno, maybe it's just the shit-eating grin attitude of the creators and the fandom being all "OBVIOUSLY THAT'S WHAT IT IS. AMBIGUITY IS STUPID" that just kinda tarnishes the whole thing and gives me the fuel to wanna combat these doofuses.

I was hoping to just discuss the badass finale, everyone had a thing to do and did it well. Mako's lightning bending bit was badass. And I liked how the final battle was really just Korra and Kuvira talking and understanding eachother. None of THAT gets praise for intelligent writing and animation and direction. That's the real kicker in all this. =(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Korra: Balance: The Final Season   Korra: Balance: The Final Season - Page 3 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Korra: Balance: The Final Season
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3