Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Games you've played today

Go down 
+54
Moontoon
JohtoRed
Celestial Phoenix
Prochainezo
Cless Aileron
Yumi-Yumi
Bo Staff Katana
Emil12345
Sakura1106
Sherstelle
Meow Wow
TalesofHysteria
Dracos
Zacewing
AriArk2000
watermelon-lhant
ShirleyVaga
Chosen of Mana
Twinrehz
Silver Forte
Juanblue85
Psypher
Varrius
Hasta_Extermi
TrulyBigHeaded
Naoshi
King Cat the Sixth
Yoh-dono
Tenshigami
Prinny
senelcoolidge
Arn
Taiyz
Sapphie
SRMS
Red_Rose
BlazingFiddlesticks
warriorangel01
Suki
Abicion
Jean
Jazzeh
Falcom
DylDawg
GroundhogDay
shemwell99
Rainstorm
Txn
Meowzy
HCSteven
Venom
Suikoden
Harbinger
Slivendiferious
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Games you've played today - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Apr 26, 2014 11:00 pm

I hated the MP death mechanic. I just thought that the balance was way off. You could make the start of the game trivial by forging that flame sword, and there was one dungeon where I would basically die in 2-3 hits because everything did MP damage. I don't know if you were supposed to trivialize the game further through forging or what, but all I knew about was that flame sword. Blindsiding was another mechanic that I don't think I made too much use of, but I was well aware that it could break the game if used correctly.

SO3 just appeared to not be designed around its actual mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSat Apr 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Lol, you can tank the entire game with MP if you use IC correctly... I love the MP kill mechanic because it makes the game sorta challenging and you can use it for your beneficy too. In the end you can make something like this:

Let's say you have a sparing Veinslay on your inventory, just synthetize it like this:

+30% ATK/DEF
+30% ATK/DEF
Raging Anger
-3 Fury use
6% MP recovery
6% MP recovery
+20% max MP
+20% max MP

Then activate Convert Damage to MP and you pretty much tank the entire game except for later levels of Sphere 211(still useful in them though).

With this you don't need to worry about wasting HP with skills, you will receive mediocre MP damage AND will recovery it every 3 seconds in battle too.

The only downside I found on the game is the freaking party AI, it's not only horrible(even with the Att and Def AI levels maxed) they tend not to cancel stuff on the NTSC version, there are even a freaking FAQ about it on Gamefaqs.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 27, 2014 1:22 am

Taiyz wrote:
I hated the MP death mechanic. I just thought that the balance was way off. You could make the start of the game trivial by forging that flame sword, and there was one dungeon where I would basically die in 2-3 hits because everything did MP damage. I don't know if you were supposed to trivialize the game further through forging or what, but all I knew about was that flame sword. Blindsiding was another mechanic that I don't think I made too much use of, but I was well aware that it could break the game if used correctly.

SO3 just appeared to not be designed around its actual mechanics.

You're thinking of the battle skill "Blazing Sword," which really doesn't make the game easier at all. It helps a little in the first dungeon on Elicoor (because all the enemies are weak against it). You can't make any equipment until several hours later, and none of its very good until Disc 2. Complaining that you can make equipment that makes the game easy is silly because you chose to make that equipment. Its not bad for a game to give you options for how to deal with encounters. That's like saying Dark Souls 2 is too easy because you can spam the Lightning Spear spells (because you bought all the items that restore spell uses).

SO3 didn't have blindsiding, it just had a basic side-step system. Mastering that system is very helpful, especially with characters who move faster doing it (such as Maria).

The MP system is designed properly, you just don't understand how to use it. That particular dungeon's enemies also have very low MP, so MP damaging attacks kill them very quickly. There are a lot of enemies who can be killed a lot faster with MP damage.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 27, 2014 1:52 am

Fayt elemental swords skills are mediocre at best, they are good in particular dungeons and that's about it.

By blindsiding I'm pretty sure Tayiz is talking abour Side Kick, which is indeed broke.

Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 27, 2014 2:24 am

My point is that I'm not a fan of games that you can trivialize by linking specific combinations of shit together and basically becoming as unto a god.

It also doesn't help that the game is significantly challenging if you don't abuse the cheap shit. My issue was mostly that there was no "medium" in the game, it was either piss-easy or ridiculously unfair. Don't even get me started on the arbitrary party member acquisition stuff.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 27, 2014 3:28 am

You can run throught Galaxy without much problem... Srs, I beat the game @ level 5x without any synthesizing anything. Things does get rough in Maze of Tribulations/Sphere 211 though.

Also recruiting characters on SO1 and SO2 is waaaaaay worse than in SO3.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 27, 2014 4:36 am

so DylDawg how do your expectations of Star Ocean 3 compare to your expectations of http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6841194/1/Debugging-the-System ?
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 27, 2014 6:16 am

Maybe I should read that after I finish the game. I restarted and currently on Aquias/The capital or the medieval + Japanese armor city
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Soul Sacrifice: Trying to platinum this game. Wouldn't be an issue but beating 2 Illecebras at the same time is waaaay too bullshit with that petrify attack and snake summons. Had to play multiplayer to actually beat that thing and the Griffin+Phoenix mission. But I'll have to do the Illecebra mission again because MISSION BRANCHING! Sad
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 27, 2014 9:45 pm

Sounds more like Time Sacrifice to me, har har!
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSun Apr 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Taiyz wrote:
Sounds more like Time Sacrifice to me, har har!
... and you're actually correct.

With two people, each mission went over 35 minutes. I almost had a heart attack when we defeated the first Illecebra when the other nearly killed us from afar.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Apr 28, 2014 12:48 am

That's remember me the good ol' days of Aragami hunting.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Apr 28, 2014 12:57 am

It's a hunting game. They're all basically the same.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Apr 28, 2014 5:12 am

"Basically"

God(s) Eater is one of the better ones. And it has an actual story, and actually interesting world into the genre.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Apr 28, 2014 5:17 am

I know, that's why I bought it. I also plan on buying One Piece: Unlimited World Red and Freedom Wars.

Doesn't change the fact that I think this is one of the more derivative genres in recent years (at least it's more creative than tower defense games and MOBAs, IMO.)
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Apr 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Okage: Shadow King!

Just got to Rashelo and I'm about to enter the Aqua Ruins in search of Marlene!

Combat is a lot slower than I remember it being....
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Apr 30, 2014 12:09 am

Tales of Innocence R

This is the next best Tales I've played after Vesperia.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Apr 30, 2014 2:06 am

Finished both versions of Red Dead Redemption. I'm not sure which ambient-vocal-theme-played-just-before-the-final-mission track I like more out of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9iflvCwok and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-08KZo4KXM
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Apr 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Graces inn requests are making me melt.
Back to top Go down
Yoh-dono

Yoh-dono

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Apr 30, 2014 9:24 pm

DylDawg wrote:
Tales of Innocence R

Great tastes man, Innocence R is indeed one of the better titles as it's battle system rewards players for playing skillfully along with it's nice music.
Hearts R is even better.

I just got JoJo's Bizzare Adventure All-Star Battle Digital, FFX HD, and BBCP. I've been trying to enjoy JJBA ASB the games fun but Namco needs to fix campaign.
Back to top Go down
Juanblue85

Juanblue85

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Apr 30, 2014 9:29 pm

Well I have been using my Vita a lot more frequently now since FFX/X-2 HD Remaster came to it so I have been playing that for some time and also I managed to download all Crash and Spyro games along with Legend of Dragoon and Suikoden to my Vita due to Sony allowing them to be downloaded to it but they have since fixed that issue so I won't be able to download them again to the Vita however I can still play them just fine which begs the question. why locked them at all?
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSat May 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Soul Sacrifice - Completed every main Avalon Pact (I to X) and I'm two trophies away (online and lv 99) to Plat this thing. After that, I just need to do a few forgotten pacts, plus the DLC, and I'll be ready for Soul Sacrifice Delta.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSat May 03, 2014 11:12 pm

So looking through my backlog, I've decided on finishing an odd couple- Star Wars Republic Commando and FFV Advance.

I made a bunch of progress on RC on another PC, will have to take back that ground; leading the Clone Trooper equivalent of the Ninja Turtles is probably the most pleasant break from Prequel lore (that being none of them sound like Jango Fett) I've seen.  As for FFV, well, last I played it I got through the first twenty minutes, while at last count I'm at an hour forty minutes,
Spoiler:
and
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSun May 04, 2014 12:37 am

Juanblue85 wrote:
Well I have been using my Vita a lot more frequently now since FFX/X-2 HD Remaster came to it so I have been playing that for some time and also I managed to download all Crash and Spyro games along with Legend of Dragoon and Suikoden to my Vita due to Sony allowing them to be downloaded to it but they have since fixed that issue so I won't be able to download them again to the Vita however I can still play them just fine which begs the question. why locked them at all?
Playstation Classics and PSP games are emulated on the Vita. Most likely there are some minor problems, and being a corporation that cares too much about its image, they'd rather hide the games than let you play them. That, or, maybe they saw what Nintendo did with the Donkey Kong Country Virtual Console games and thought it was a good idea (by which I mean, removed them for no good reason.)

You can still transfer them to your Vita if you own a PS3, and I don't think Sony's ever going to remove that functionality. Good to know that they removed the ability to grab them from the download list, I got the Crash and Spyro games during the 99 cent sale and noticed that...I was gonna make some space for them but now I don't have to.

But yeah the Vita's great. It's got more potential than the 3DS, IMO, but it has such a small demographic to make games for so American devs will never do it unless they can make a port.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaMSun May 04, 2014 1:46 am

Yoh-dono wrote:
DylDawg wrote:
Tales of Innocence R

Great tastes man, Innocence R is indeed one of the better titles as it's battle system rewards players for playing skillfully along with it's nice music.
Hearts R is even better.

I just got JoJo's Bizzare Adventure All-Star Battle Digital, FFX HD, and BBCP. I've been trying to enjoy JJBA ASB the games fun but Namco needs to fix campaign.
I'm holding actual judgement until I play it (with the Duwang tier names) cause I don't want to start an argument again with my false perceptions.

But for the JoJo issue, Namco ain't getting away with those, it's release was really, really bad. And with Crunchyroll using Plonareff, and Namco changing his name to Eiffel,  and the "Zipper Man, Li'l Bomber, Six Bullets" tier names, I'm not so keen with their localization anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 6 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Games you've played today
Page 6 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 30  Next