Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Arredoval

Arredoval

2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas Empty
PostSubject: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 12:59 pm

I forgot what I wrote here the first time. *flips table*

Feel free to request fancy screenshots or close-ups of anything.

Notes:
-Raine and Genis' house has nothing of interest
-These are going to be full of odd angles because of the default camera angle
-The runes all over the Renegade bases are not Japanese
-Most photos are just vague landscapes
-If something is turned away from the camera, it most likely has nothing of interest on the side you can't see normally
-I am not keeping this front post updated, it's just a collection of what the old thread had

2560x1440 screenshots

Dirk's House:
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 9412
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas Z7ws
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 3fwy
[/spoilerbox]

Great Seed Chamber:
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 1zs9
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas Euzr
[/spoilerbox]

1600x900 screenshots

Sylvarant Renegade Base (extensive)
Tethe'alla Renegade Base (extensive)

Close-ups of doodads

Meltokio Sewer, showing vague object is indeed an apple core:
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-4-1
[/spoilerbox]

Iselia Schoolhouse + surrounding area (not entirety of Iselia)
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-15
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-13
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-14-1
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-10
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-11
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-12
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-9
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-8
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-7
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-1
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-4
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-2
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-6
[/spoilerbox]

Sylvarant Base, Yuan's Office (The picture frames are empty)
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-20
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-24
[/spoilerbox]

Derris Kharlan (Incomplete, but the rest of the frames are just landscapes anyway)
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-18
[/spoilerbox]

Dirk's House
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-16
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-17
[/spoilerbox]

Colette's house has a framed Cruxis insignia (one in the livingroom, one in Colette's room)
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-19
[/spoilerbox]

Orange gamecube in Meltokio research lab
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-14
[/spoilerbox]

Interesting crap

「マジで」 ("Seriously?") written on the ground at Dirk's House
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-16-1
[/spoilerbox]

Add misplaced texture and polygon at the Sylvarant Base
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas BcKstxH
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas IIOe7KF
[/spoilerbox]

Oops I broke it
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas IIvqdws
[/spoilerbox]

White platform underneath the laser room in the Tethe'alla Base
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 5ekfrRg
[/spoilerbox]

Some textures

Last edited by Arredoval on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:16 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://strongtomorrow.mpql.net/
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMWed Feb 05, 2014 2:21 pm

Not much to say other than these are very nice to see. No one really asked anything after the Renegade base, nothing to catch up on.

One request, whenever this thread pops up again; a pan shot from the top of the Fooji Mountains? I remember being interested in the flat textures the game used for sea-level ground the peak of Hima when I last played the game on Dolphin, and I imagine that's but that's on a machine I don't have access to right now.
Back to top Go down
SoryuAleksi

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMWed Feb 05, 2014 2:31 pm

I commented after the Renegade shots, asking you to marry me! Very Happy  Thank you so much~~ It sucks that the forum broke pretty much right after... x_x
Back to top Go down
Arredoval

Arredoval

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMWed Feb 05, 2014 3:47 pm

Edited front post to include everything from the original thread. Will not keep that post updated.

Also, a reminder that I will be streaming messing with crap in ToS at some point after my friend finishes the game.

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
One request, whenever this thread pops up again; a pan shot from the top of the Fooji Mountains? I remember being interested in the flat textures the game used for sea-level ground the peak of Hima when I last played the game on Dolphin, and I imagine that's but that's on a machine I don't have access to right now.

A panoramic shot? I've never done one of those before and would have no idea how to go about doing it, especially with the perpetual dutch angle I'm kind of stuck in due to the default camera angle. I'll take some pictures there, though. If you want the textures from there, I can post those, too.

SoryuAleksi wrote:
I commented after the Renegade shots, asking you to marry me!  Very Happy  Thank you so much~~

You are very welcome, but my heart belongs to senpai... 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas Peterwhite
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMWed Feb 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Arredoval wrote:

A panoramic shot? I've never done one of those before and would have no idea how to go about doing it, especially with the perpetual dutch angle I'm kind of stuck in due to the default camera angle. I'll take some pictures there, though. If you want the textures from there, I can post those, too.

Just a shot were you can get a view of what's supposed to be the ground. It should be readily possible even with the avatar character in view, shouldn't require any special camera work.
Back to top Go down
Saeko

Saeko

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMWed Feb 05, 2014 8:37 pm

Arredoval wrote:

It's Futhark, nice touch Namco.

Let see if I can read them...

https://imgur.com/a/km1KC

#0 rueiwg teoformf

#1 hsrtnpuebngfkn

#2 Too small to read

#3 rngthgrmosorom tgengpgr eiupngw

#4 rfthbo gowifr

#6 musofgaaurmufngudthngfmth rngbon rueiwgduzng nngzongnkf

#7 musof

#8 Outer ring: musofgadthngfmthngr
Middle ring: n thzdjbnuzeiungeihun thzdjbnuzeiuneihth
Inner ring: too small to read

#9 thzdjbnuzeiungeihw n thzdjbnuzeiungeihun

#10 rz thbnbrbdtho rbth osj zrd
uthb bthj bthbthuei thwnguzor o
thbthdbth eiwngoeingupboanggouz
rbo eiuththdongthangthraberj d
rbjorbthlnetgngfthnge bthngth thb
thb bagngouthngon orjtheisng g
bthjeiwngozei j tsozsngug

#11 musofmouei

#14 musofgaaurmufngu rueiwg

...Doesn't seem to mean anything but they sure like writting "musof" on everything. I'm starting to think that it means something like "caution" or "danger". Anyone who want to use this to come up with some kind of old Aselian, I'm game.

Doing the Renegade bases next~

Last edited by Saeko on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMWed Feb 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Saeko wrote:
Arredoval wrote:

It's Futhark, nice touch Namco.

So something real world? Nice touch, Namco.
Back to top Go down
Saeko

Saeko

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMThu Feb 06, 2014 3:12 am

So something real world?  Nice touch, Namco.

More like actual Norse alphabet.

Some are textures I already did in my previous post so I'll just do the new things. Still gibberish, pretty sure someone just keysmashed runes but I still like knowing what it says...

https://imgur.com/a/Ewe3t (Sylvarant base)

#11 eimthoeorungffurwofeg

#12 tgengpgr eiupngwrngthgrmosorom

#16 musofmouei

#22 rngbon rueiwgduzng nngzongnkfmusofgaaurmufngudthngfmth

#26 uzeiungeih

#45 wgtgs?pgreiup?wlr?thg(...)soromrueiwgtgs?pg

#54 Left panel:
j bthbthuei thwnguzor
th eirngoeingupboanggouz
eiuththdongthargthraberj
thlnetgngfthnge bthngth th
outhngon orjtheisng g
ozsngu g

Middle screen:
netgngfth
gngouthngon orj
bdtho rbth o
bthbthuei thw
eiwngoeingupbo
ththdongthangth
thlnetnngfthnge bth
ngou
zei
th

Bottom panel:
z thbnbrbdtho rb
uthb bthj bthbthuei
thbthdbth eiwngoeingup
j bthbthuei thw
lwngoeingu?
thb b??ngouth
thjeiwngozei j

Right panel:
thwnguzor
pbofngnouz
angthraberj
thnge bthngth th
orjtheisng g
ngug

#67 rfthbo gowifr (This is written on all the little orbs, could it be something like "Press to activate" ?)

#84 lhwn thzdjb nu
u rwoegeimthoeorufurwoegeim

#88 ngmjei wutfbs?

#100 rueiwg teoformf

https://imgur.com/a/vvM2Z (Tethe'alla base)

#9 mosor?thgrmosoro

#12 rngthgrmosoromru

#31 musof (It's everywhere!)
Back to top Go down
Arredoval

Arredoval

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMFri Feb 07, 2014 5:23 am

That is really interesting. This makes me wish I had a more reliable contact that was fluent in Japanese, since it's actually kind of possible that while what they typed was nonsense, it was still legible nonsense like a bunch of random words rather than keyboard mashing. Chances are, it was typed on a Japanese keyboard by a Japanese speaker, so each letter might correspond to the one on the Japanese keyboard.

THAT MIGHT BE GRASPING AT STRAWS, THOUGH. I'm not especially good at Japanese, and what little I ran through didn't look like any words I recognized. But I also have zero experience with a Japanese keyboard and how one types in Japanese properly on a Japanese keyboard, rather than using a language bar with romaji input, so I might be missing some critical keystrokes that couldn't be made. (All the difference of spelling a word well enough to even recognize it.) I don't know the Futhark alphabet, but I'll guess that at least whatever font they were working with didn't support punctuation, which also eliminates certain letters. For example, comma corresponds to ね. So there's a lot of things that could be missing to keep this from making any sense, and I'm not familiar enough with the keyboard, the language, or shorthand to know where to start. Or, as said, I'm grasping at straws and they really did just headbutt the keyboard a bunch.

But, the one I am looking at is:

#26 uzeiungeih
なついになみきいにく
(na tsu i ni na mi ki i ni ku)

Obviously, I'm staring at the beginning and seeing 「夏いに波」 (natsui ni nami "Summer waves") or 「夏いに並木」 (natsui ni namiki "Row of trees in summer"), but I have no idea when it gets to the end part, and neither does my dictionary. Of course, my Japanese is still very very very very flawed, so even those two things I saw ARE PROBABLY TRANSLATED WRONG TOO.

So, I guess, do what you will with that information since I can't really help. If you can remember anywhere else in the game that might have had that alphabet used, please list it/them and I'll go digging.

(Also, "musof" corresponds as もなとらは (mo na to ra ha), which means nothing as far as I know / might be one of those things with missing parts / might be a common string they happen to randomly type like some peoples' mashing includes consistent use of "dfsjkl" or something else.)
Back to top Go down
Saeko

Saeko

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMFri Feb 07, 2014 6:25 pm

I can at least say that they made their own font since some of the runes are slightly different from the fonts I'm familiar with. How they typed is anyone's guess but the most logical way would have been to associate each rune with their Latin equivalent, c/k and v/w would be the same rune; ng, th and ei correspond to one rune so it'd be typed with one key; q, x and y respectively using Curtis Clark's Elder Futhark font.

I don't know enough Japanese to help with that part but trying to type the words in Latin letter on a Japanese keyboard like you did would be a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
Dimentionalist

Dimentionalist

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMFri Feb 07, 2014 11:17 pm

Just out of curiosity, Symphonia doesn't have seamless grass or sand textures, would it? And even if it doesn't would you somehow be able to rip the textures from the models themselves? I'm curious since I do 3D models of landscapes on occasion and I've always liked the watercolor look of Tales environments.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EtherDimentionalist
Arredoval

Arredoval

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMSun Feb 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Just a shot were you can get a view of what's supposed to be the ground.  It should be readily possible even with the avatar character in view, shouldn't require any special camera work.

Static background + skybox
Every other piece of the map has just the static background and no skybox
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas AeIKsNS
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 2c58G5X
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas K13K91O
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas IGHtpZ2
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas S75fqqJ
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas M1centr
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas EByystD
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 9CJqEd3
[/spoilerbox]

Dimentionalist wrote:
Just out of curiosity, Symphonia doesn't have seamless grass or sand textures, would it? And even if it doesn't would you somehow be able to rip the textures from the models themselves? I'm curious since I do 3D models of landscapes on occasion and I've always liked the watercolor look of Tales environments.

These are all I could find that might be relevant to your interests. Please let me know when you're done with them so I can delete them.

Random crap along the way:

Linkite nut up close
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas PGpRZmV
[/spoilerbox]

Oops
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas E03z4Xo
[/spoilerbox]

Edit:
I'm not good at panoramic shots. Also imageshack is a jerk.
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 12463539875_777b4a8921_o
[/spoilerbox]

Edit2:
Yay texture editing
Happy Valentines Day (maybe should have made one with ToS characters' names or something but idc)
[spoilerbox]
2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas GQSEAF-7
[/spoilerbox]
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMFri Feb 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Those shots are exactly what I wanted! Thanks! The layered background answers my question as to how the game simulated the height. I really should not be surprised that the peak is an island model, why render something that the player can't walk on, but I still am.
Back to top Go down
Saeko

Saeko

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMMon Feb 24, 2014 10:49 pm

I might have made a chart of the Renegade runes, consult those links if you wanna know how to write stuff. (^-^;)
Back to top Go down
SoryuAleksi

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMSat Mar 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Saeko wrote:
I might have made a chart of the Renegade runes, consult those links if you wanna know how to write stuff. (^-^Wink

You are amazing, Saeko!!! =D
Back to top Go down
Saeko

Saeko

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaMSat Mar 01, 2014 11:12 pm

SoryuAleksi wrote:
You are amazing, Saeko!!! =D

Yay! Let me know if you need help with it. \(^-^)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas   2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

2560x1440 scenery screenshots + close-ups of doodads + maybe some panoramas
Page 1 of 1