Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MECHAnime must watch recommendations

Go down 
+3
Txn
Arn
Slivendiferious
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

MECHAnime must watch recommendations Empty
PostSubject: MECHAnime must watch recommendations   MECHAnime must watch recommendations 07v2DaMSun Jun 08, 2014 7:13 pm

With the purge of Reservia, I've lost my cheat sheet of good mecha anime series to watch.

I have seen quite a lot of them already, but there's also a tons of them I haven't seen yet.

To put it simply:

Which Mecha anime series can you recommend?
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: MECHAnime must watch recommendations   MECHAnime must watch recommendations 07v2DaMSun Jun 08, 2014 7:29 pm

Every Gundam except SEED,, Macross except maybe Do You Remember Love?, GaoGaiGar, Nadesico, Majestic Prince, Aquarion(Evol sucks), Gunbuster, Samurai 7, Eureka Seven(AO too), Buddy Complex have nice mechas but the overall plot is cliche. Those are the ones I remember by now.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: MECHAnime must watch recommendations   MECHAnime must watch recommendations 07v2DaMSun Jun 08, 2014 8:03 pm

Arn wrote:
Nadesico
Just avoid the movie!!! It sucks, and it doesn't help that is a tie-in from some games that were never localized. Sad
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: MECHAnime must watch recommendations   MECHAnime must watch recommendations 07v2DaMSun Jun 08, 2014 8:07 pm

Akane Maniax, GaoGaiGar, the Gundam MS IGLOO movies, Gurren Lagann.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: MECHAnime must watch recommendations   MECHAnime must watch recommendations 07v2DaMSun Jun 08, 2014 10:02 pm

Captain Earth is a good one (in my opinion) that's still running. I love it. Knights of Sidonia which is also still running you might like if you enjoy doses of despair - I don't yet for some reason I still like it. I can guarantee it isn't as bad as Valvrave.

Majestic Prince was really enjoyable once I got used to the art style.

I remember Full Metal Panic was good when I watched some of it years ago. I recently bought the entire series on Blu-Ray during FUNi's Easter sale but I haven't watched it yet because life.

Oh I suppose the Appleseed stuff sort of counts (some would say they're terrible but I liked them aside from Appleseed XIII)

Asura Cryin also kind of counts and I friggin love it no matter what anyone else thinks about the series.

Uhhhh what else do I have either on my shelf or my hard drive...

Tekkaman Blade?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: MECHAnime must watch recommendations   MECHAnime must watch recommendations 07v2DaMMon Jun 09, 2014 12:55 am

I wouldn't really call Appleseed a mech anime, unless you consider Ghost in the Shell one. It's a great series, though.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: MECHAnime must watch recommendations   MECHAnime must watch recommendations 07v2DaMMon Jun 09, 2014 2:35 am

hence why I said "sort of" - they do have mechs called "Land Mates" that they use. They just aren't the focus of the plot or anything.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: MECHAnime must watch recommendations   MECHAnime must watch recommendations 07v2DaMMon Jun 09, 2014 5:14 am

Break/Broken Blade. The OVA kinda screwed up the best scene in the manga, I don't know whether the Anime series will fix this, but it still worth the shot.

Gun X Sword for slasher smile.

Gundam Build Fighters for orchestral flamenco gundam dogfight.

Majestic Prince final battle makes it worth the ride. Not saying the ride is awful, just not really that memorable.

Buddy Complex has great protagonist imo, with a cliffhanger ending though. Definitely wait for S2 if you're going to marathon it.

Captain Earth is Star Driver without flamboyance, sorta.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: MECHAnime must watch recommendations   MECHAnime must watch recommendations 07v2DaMSun Nov 30, 2014 7:14 pm

My top Mecha anime(in no particular order):
The Big O
Turn A Gundam
Hades Project Zeorymer
Heroman
Zoids: Fuzors
Megazone 32, Part 1
Iczer
Full Metal Panic!
Voltron
Dai-Guard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MECHAnime must watch recommendations   MECHAnime must watch recommendations 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

MECHAnime must watch recommendations
Page 1 of 1