Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!

Go down 
+11
Dr. Casey
best vn
Jean
Arrei
Abicion
TimeFactor
Taiyz
Suki
Suikoden
Falcom
DylDawg
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Apr 01, 2014 9:08 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/31/bravely-defaults-success-west-making-square-enix-rethink-jrpgs/

Look who's likely now kicking themselves for not localizing the game themselves and letting Nintendo take some of the profit.

Also this finally made them realize what pretty much the entirety of the internet has been telling them for ages. Idiots.

Or this could have been an early April Fools (it was posted yesterday) and Square Enix is still as pants-on-head retarded as it has been in recent years. Depending on the answer, we'll either be able to look forward to real games or mobile spin-offs to series that desperately need real games.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Apr 01, 2014 4:05 pm

They also missed the boat with Type-0...

There's nothing wrong with what they're doing now, but they need to balance both the mass appeal stuff with the core audience stuff, instead of just saying "you guys are a niche and we won't sell enough."
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Apr 01, 2014 4:19 pm

Taiyz wrote:
They also missed the boat with Type-0...

Heard that was getting a fan translation patch, but yeah was waiting forever for SE to announce a localization for that....
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Apr 01, 2014 6:30 pm

Abicion wrote:
The way every single Blood Rose Legion character has the same diehard 2haughty4u fanatical personality combined with how I already know Airy is doing some Incubator shit makes me think this is going to turn into another Tales of Phantasia situation.  Which means I'll bitch about it for years to come if it happens.

But I don't know for sure because I'm only on Chapter 3.

Spoiler:

Oh, so it's actually a Final Fantasy XIII situation.

That just makes it worse.

Last edited by Abicion on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Apr 01, 2014 10:22 pm

If those are actual spoilers I'm going to replace your post with a picture of a Kiwi bird.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Apr 02, 2014 4:07 am

Happy now?
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Apr 02, 2014 6:27 am

Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Apr 02, 2014 7:31 am

Are you the last post Abicion (Higurashi something)?

I agree with the Excalibur dude as well.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Apr 02, 2014 7:45 pm

no I'm totally not that guy who linked to my own Mint fan fiction.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Apr 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Taiyz wrote:
If those are actual spoilers I'm going to replace your post with a picture of a Kiwi bird.
That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 Epq5qnf
Back to top Go down
Zacewing

Zacewing

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMThu Apr 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Beat the game yesterday. The 2nd half of the game makes what would be a 9/10 into a 6/10. Worst excuse for gameplay padding I've ever seen. That being said, the final chapter was worth it; they should've just skipped ahead from chapter 4 to the finale. Gameplay-wise, I had a ton of fun; the story is meh, mostly because of a few glaring plotholes and the deus ex machina ending.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Casey
Anime Girl Advocate
Dr. Casey

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMThu Apr 03, 2014 2:56 pm

hi Zace

I'd say something more constructive, but I still haven't played Bravely Default.

Tenshi wrote:
Depending on the answer, we'll either be able to look forward to real games or mobile spin-offs to series that desperately need real games.

This is a lesson Capcom needs to receive, too. Isn't Breath of Fire VI supposed to be some kind of social app game or something? The truth was so terrible that my brain blocked it out.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMThu Apr 03, 2014 3:34 pm

Dr. Casey wrote:
Tenshi wrote:
Depending on the answer, we'll either be able to look forward to real games or mobile spin-offs to series that desperately need real games.

This is a lesson Capcom needs to receive, too. Isn't Breath of Fire VI supposed to be some kind of social app game or something? The truth was so terrible that my brain blocked it out.
Yup!

Sample player characters AKA Ryu 2.0:
That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 R7Kv2Iy
The actual staple Ryus.

The 'New' Nina:
That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 TSKyDDj
Staple Ninas.

Town Building!111

Gameplay!!1

Sorry to get OT but yeah.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMThu Apr 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Put some clothes on Nina you look cold.

Also those blank, soulless eyes... seem to be representative of the game itself. *badum tish*
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMFri Apr 04, 2014 6:08 am

She looks like one of my fanfics happened to her.
Back to top Go down
Zacewing

Zacewing

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMThu Apr 10, 2014 11:37 pm

Yeah I'm on a second playthrough of the game now and I'm noticing a lot of terrible writing inconsistencies that I didn't really catch the first time around cause I was just breezing through the game.

Exhibit A:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMSat Apr 12, 2014 3:31 pm

Budget constraints etc.
Back to top Go down
best vn

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMSat Apr 12, 2014 11:07 pm

That's because Agnes is not actually right there. It just looks like she is because of how the game's cutscenes are presented.

There are writing holes in BD but that is not one of them.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMTue Apr 15, 2014 3:00 am

But Agnes's model is standing right beside her and there's no indication whatsoever that Edea is whispering to the guard or worried about the rest of the party hearing what she's saying.

So it's still budget constraints leading to awkward scene presentation.  Or budget constraints leading to horrible scene writing.   Or both.
Back to top Go down
Zacewing

Zacewing

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaMWed Apr 16, 2014 11:07 am

Also, the Party Chat that follows the cutscene proves that she was there and could hear the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!   That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread! - Page 4 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

That thread's Name is...the Bravely Default thread!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4