Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books

Go down 
+4
Saeko
Zwei.0
Bo Staff Katana
Slivendiferious
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books   Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Jul 11, 2014 10:03 pm

Saeko wrote:
Slivendiferious wrote:
I thought the unicorn was the one who saved Spiritua from her deadly illness?

Wasn't that Martel? I don't remember Spiritua getting the Chronic Angelus Crystallus Inofficium...
good point

Quote :
I found this about the new books on gamefaqs, did you get them all?

-before heading to Palmacosta, in Iselia in Colette's house.
I missed this one =/
Are there any specific partymembers you need to do this? (do you need Kratos? Without him it would be slightly easier to do).

Quote :
-after reaching Palmacosta and before releasing the third seal, in the school in Palmacosta.
I took the hard path, so I haven't visited Palmacosta yet.

Quote :
-after reaching Asgard and before releasing the third seal, in Harley's house in Asgard.
I assume this is one of the Cronica Angelorum Volumes. If not, it'll probably show up once I have Sheena in my party. I'll check back at that time.

Quote :
-after reaching Asgard and before releasing the fourth seal, there are three separate books in Asgard; one apiece in Harley's house, the Kyoufuukan Inn, and Raina's house.
I'm not sure about Linar's house, but there was one Cronica Angelorum volume in the Inn (number 3) and two in Harley's house (1 and 2).

I'll check Linar's house again after I've dealt with the fake wind guardian.

Quote :
-after clearing the Meltokio sewers and before Colette is abducted in Ozette, in Zelos's house.
I'm nowhere near Meltokio yet I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Saeko

Saeko

PostSubject: Re: Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books   Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Jul 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
Quote :
I missed this one =/
Are there any specific partymembers you need to do this? (do you need Kratos? Without him it would be slightly easier to do).

It didn't say anything else... I don't plan on buying the game unless I find it for really cheap but I'll try watching some Let's play videos to see if I can find the missing books.

Updated list for anyone who want to jump in (missing books in yellow~) :

-after reaching Palmacosta and before releasing the third seal, in the school in Palmacosta.
(Might only appear on the easy path.)

-after reaching Asgard and before releasing the third seal, in Harley's house in Asgard.
(Assuming it's the first Cronica Angelorum volume.)

-after reaching Asgard and before releasing the fourth seal, there are three separate books in Asgard; one apiece in Harley's house, the Kyoufuukan Inn, and Raina's (Linar) house.
(Volume 2, 3 and 4 of the Cronica Angelorum? Not sure about Linar's house.)

-after clearing the Meltokio sewers and before Colette is abducted in Ozette, in Zelos's house.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books   Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books - Page 2 07v2DaMFri Jul 11, 2014 11:01 pm

I think Sybak, The Palace in Meltokio, the elemental research laboratory, Zelos' manor, random houses of Salvation/ Guidance, the hidden village of the elves, the story teller's place in the gorge, Welgaia, Altessa's place and perhaps Ozette are places which could contain books.
Back to top Go down
Phaelin

Phaelin

PostSubject: Re: Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books   Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jul 12, 2014 8:25 am

I've transcribed all of the books I've come across if you would like me to post them. You guys have found most of them already. Here's the list as I know it:

(**Spoilers**)

Book 1: "The Teachings of Martel"
Colette's house. As far as I can tell there is a very small window for doing this because you are unable to enter Colette's house before Palmacosta except (a) before going to Martel Temple or (b) during the Desian attack on Iselia (right before Lloyd is exiled). Yes, it works to read the book during the Desian attack, but it really makes no plot sense to do so then.

Book 2: "Superhero Storytime: Mithos and Me"
Palmacosta. I did this on "normal path" so I haven't yet tested "hard path" in regards to this book.

Book 3: "Cronica Angelorum vol 1"
Harley's house.

Book 4: "Cronica Angelorum vol. 2"
Harley's house. (They're practically right next to each other.)

Book 5: "Cronica Angelorum vol. 3"
Fresco Inn.

Book 6: "Cronica Angelorum vol. 4"
Aisha's house. Have to do these four in order, for obvious reasons. In my tests it didn't appear possible to "skip" a volume and go on to the next. You can do these even after releasing the third seal, and in fact can do them before releasing any seals on this continent. You do have to defeat the Windmaster before doing the last book, however, because you can't get upstairs in Aisha's house until then. (Though maybe you can if you haven't started the dais sequence at all; I didn't try that.)

Book 7: "Dark and Light in the Ancient War"
Zelos's house (after Meltokio Sewers - edited for clarity).

I never found one in Genis's house. Will have to check on my next run through.

Last edited by Phaelin on Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phaelin

Phaelin

PostSubject: Re: Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books   Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jul 12, 2014 8:31 am

Off topic...

Slivendiferious wrote:
What is the recommended level for Iubaris anyway?

I don't know, but the game considers you underleveled for that fight even at level 30. The best advice I can give is use Black Quartz items. (Or Sheena's T.Seal: Darkness if you carried over Techs.) You'll want the Stun Charm (if you have it) on whoever is getting hit most often with Photon, and try to keep someone standing in melee range of Iubaris at all times (blocking if necessary) to discourage it from using Photon.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books   Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jul 12, 2014 11:12 am

Phaelin wrote:
I've transcribed all of the books I've come across if you would like me to post them.
Please do!

Quote :
Book 6: "Cronica Angelorum vol. 4"
Aisha's house. Have to do these four in order, for obvious reasons. In my tests it didn't appear possible to "skip" a volume and go on to the next. You can do these even after releasing the third seal, and in fact can do them before releasing any seals on this continent. You do have to defeat the Windmaster before doing the last book, however, because you can't get upstairs in Aisha's house until then. (Though maybe you can if you haven't started the dais sequence at all; I didn't try that.)
You can go upstairs, there's just no book to ineract with yet. I've scrutinized the room. I'll challenge windmaster today or tomorrow.

Phaelin wrote:
Off topic...

Slivendiferious wrote:
What is the recommended level for Iubaris anyway?

I don't know, but the game considers you underleveled for that fight even at level 30. The best advice I can give is use Black Quartz items. (Or Sheena's T.Seal: Darkness if you carried over Techs.) You'll want the Stun Charm (if you have it) on whoever is getting hit most often with Photon, and try to keep someone standing in melee range of Iubaris at all times (blocking if necessary) to discourage it from using Photon.
I beat it at level 19 yesterday, without dying! Those toy bears in the tower of mana drop ENERGY TABLETS! Energy tablets. They, like the black quartz dropped by the spectres, proved invaluable in the battle. Raine and Kratos were spamming first aid during the item cooldowns xD.

It was a great battle.

edit: Beat Windmaster in no time at all, which brings me to:

Lloyd: "Here's the fourth Cronica Angelorum. Last one. Phew. Okay. You can do this. Just breathe, Lloyd."
Genis: "You really hate reading, don't you?"

===

Cronica Angelorum Vol 4: (Aisha's house, second floor, between the door and the table, after you defeat Windmaster)

"The angel prayed for seven days and seven nights until the Goddess woke. Thereupon, she formed a pact with the pilgrim born of Mithos's sacrifice.

These were her words:
'In recognition of your journey, I will see the Desians wiped from this world. But should the day come that I fade fromt he hearts of the people, this tower shall be forfeit. The path to heaven will be closed to them forevermore. The Desians will be unleashed anew, and mana will be lost for all time. If you would avoid such a fate, angel, then lay a path to salvation.

When the people have need of me, I shall see this tower connected to my heavenly abode.'

Hearing this, the angel retunred to the world and begat the mana lineage. They are scions of the angel, fated to seek out Mithos's grave in order to wake the sleeping Martel. The selfless hero lies interred in the heart of the world, the Tower of Salvation his grave marker. There, in the shadow of the now-lost world tree, in the Holy Ground of Kharlan. The Goddess and the human world lie tethered."

===

Accompanying scene:

Lloyd: "WHEW! Ha ha! I did it! It's over! That's the first book I ever finished!"
Raine: "I'm happy for you, Lloyd. Happy, and so very sad. All those lessens, wasted."
Back to top Go down
TrulyBigHeaded
Literal Pokémon Master
TrulyBigHeaded

PostSubject: Re: Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books   Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jul 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Phaelin wrote:
Book 7: "Dark and Light in the Ancient War"
Zelos's house.

Specifically, after the Meltokio sewers when Zelos invites everyone to stay at his house for the night IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Phaelin

Phaelin

PostSubject: Re: Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books   Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jul 12, 2014 2:12 pm

You posted all of Cronica Angelorum I believe so here are the others...

Colette's house:

Genis: I wonder if any of these books are hiding some hint about regenerating the world.
Lloyd: What about this one? "The Teachings of Martel." Let's see.
Lloyd: Chapter One: the Establishment of the Church of Martel
Lloyd: Any serious study of the Church must begin with a lesson in world regeneration. Perhaps you are already familiar with the legends. At the center of the world, there once grew a mighty tree that bore mana as its fruit. But the flames of war saw the tree wither, and it was the life of a hero, given willingy, that became mana. Moved and saddened by his sacrifice, the Goddess retreated to her heavenly abode. An angel bore her message to the world: 'If I slumber overlong, all creation will crumble. You must awaken me.' The angel gave birth to the Chosen, the Chosen sought the tower to heaven, and so the cycle of regeneration was begun. So opens the most notable legend on the origins of the rite.
Lloyd: Huh. First I'm hearing about it.
Genis: Seriously, Lloyd? We learned that the morning of the Day of Prophecy.
(ED: This line is the same even if you do this right after the prophecy--e.g. that same day.)
Lloyd: Okay, second I'm hearing about it.
Genis: My poor sister.

Palmacosta:

Genis: Hey, look, "A Testige On The Origins Of Magic."
(ED: I missed transcribing this first line; my wording might be slightly off.)
Raine: And they've got Essays on the Balacruf. Wait, volume 13?! I thought there were only 12! This is amazing!
Lloyd: Any books here I could actually read?
Genis: How about this one?
Lloyd: Superhero Storytime: Mithos and Me? Man, this is a kid's book.
Genis: So what? It might still have some good information. Give it a shot.
Lloyd: Yeah, yeah. Just as soon as you wipe that smug grin off your face.
Lloyd: "Mithos was the super great person who stopped the big, bad Kharlan War. No one knows where he was born or where he grew up. Some people say he came from heaven, where the Goddess Martel lives! Wow! The nasty war started when a group of mean half-elves known as the Desians told a lie. They lied to the human king, and it was very, very naughty of them. When Mithos learned the war was eating up all of the world's mana, he made everyone stop fighting. Then he joined up with his friends and left in search of a new source of mana. He found the Goddess, and promised her that the people of the world would worship her. In exchange, she blessed the world with mana again. She also sealed away those nasty old Desians so they couldn't make any more trouble. Ever since, whenever the world's mana supply gets low, the Desians come back. They set up human ranches to use up even more of what little mana is left! And so now the Chosen goes on a journey of world regeneration, like Mithos did, to meet with the Goddess Martel. They ask her to share her gift of mana with us, and to seal the Desians away again."
Lloyd: Huh! Who knew? So this Martel lady's asleep, right?
Colette: That's right.
Lloyd: Why? If it's so bad we have to keep waking her up, why doesn't she just stay awake all the time?
Colette: Martel took herself out of the picture so that humankind can grow and succeed on their own powers.
Lloyd: Eh, sounds fishy to me. Maybe she just likes to feel important.
Colette: Lloyd! That's terrible. You mustn't speak that way of the Goddess!
Kratos: A sleeping goddess. Huh.
Lloyd: You agree with me, right? There's something weird about it!
Kratos: Maybe so.

Zelos's house:

Raine: Dark and Light in the Ancient War. A gripping title.
Lloyd: Let's take a peek.
Lloyd: "Much of the true nature of the Ancient War remains buried in mystery. It is believed to have been waged by two great powers, but very few details about these nations are known. The war's start has been loosely placed at five millennia before the present day. From that point, it is believed that fighting continued for approximately one thousand years. The end of that long span saw the birth of Mithos, widely regarded as the hero responsible for the war's conclusion. Once a peace was reached, he named Lanzberg Tethe'alla king, and his lineage continues to rule to this day. Having so done, Mithos then retreated from that stage of history. No record of him beyond that point exists. A popular telling of it suggests he climbed the Tower of Salvation seeking the Goddess Martel. Some believe he traveled to the heavens where he now remains with her, and that his journey restored mana to the world. Recent research offers strong evidence that the tower is, in fact, a conduit of mana from the sky into the world."
Raine: Two great powers. That's--
Lloyd: Everything okay, Professor?
Raine: Yes, it's-it's fine. My apologies.
Back to top Go down
Saeko

Saeko

PostSubject: Re: Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books   Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books - Page 2 07v2DaMSat Jul 12, 2014 6:41 pm

I shall begin work on the Officially Official Holy Book of Martel totally approved by CruxisTM

Phaelin wrote:
I never found one in Genis's house. Will have to check on my next run through.

It's right after Martel's temple. Check the bookshelf on the left wall twice, Genis will say that it's Raine's old books the first time and you can read the book on Desians the second time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books   Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books - Page 2 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Cronica Angelorum Vol. 1 - 4 and other books
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: Tales Series Discussion :: Tales of Symphonia-
Jump to: