Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Obscure games you love...

Go down 
+33
Hasta_Extermi
DarkInvasion
senelcoolidge
Samaël
BlazingFiddlesticks
Arn
Silvered Fox
Sapphie
Venom
Jazzeh
Varrius
Bo Staff Katana
Dr. Casey
Dimentionalist
Slivendiferious
warriorangel01
King Cat the Sixth
Chosen Zelos
DoubleL
TimeFactor
Rainstorm
Jean
DylDawg
Prinny
Harbinger
Suikoden
Taiyz
Drake
Falcom
Zwei.0
DreamSword
Txn
Tenshigami
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

Obscure games you love... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 3:53 pm

Ok, I have a few...

Tokyo Xtreme Racer (Shutokō Battle)
A series of street racing games that I wish Genki would bring back. Loosely based off of Wangan Midnight.

Aero Elite: Combat Academy (Aero Dancing 4)
A little known flight sim/combat sim made by CRI Middleware and released on PS2 back in 2001. Even now, it still has some of the best flight physics of any console flight game.

Over G Fighters
Another seemingly little known flight sim, this one made by Taito for Xbox 360 in 2006. Also has very realistic physics and weapons characteristics.
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Sapphie

Sapphie

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 5:14 pm

You know what, stuff doesn't get much more obscure than Sword of Vermilion for the Sega Genesis.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 5:23 pm

Sapphie wrote:
You know what, stuff doesn't get much more obscure than Sword of Vermilion for the Sega Genesis.
Defenders of Oasis on the Game Gear.

Jazzeh wrote:
Okage was hella cool, I played a demo of it long ago but I never seemed to be able to catch an actual copy of it.
That was my first PS2 game that I bought with the system because it was the only RPG on the shelf for PS2 in Best Buy at the time. It's hilariously awesome. I still have my copy.
Back to top Go down
Sapphie

Sapphie

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
Sapphie wrote:
Defenders of Oasis on the Game Gear.

I see your Defenders of Oasis and raise you Golvellius for the Master System. To be honest though, a lot of early Sega RPG titles outside of Phantasy Star and Shining are off the deep end of obscure, especially these early ones. (And yeah, sure, Sega only licensed Golvellius, but hey, that's the one I played.)
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Silvered Fox

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Mar 16, 2014 11:44 am

I did not expect to love 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors... but after a friend finally got me to play it well... I know the sequel (Virtue's last Reward) has become quite popular in the US (relatively speaking) however I keep seeing people mention they never played the first game. Still get shocked any time people have actually heard of it but it's becoming more frequent.

I don't see anyone talk about Dark Cloud now that I think about it. Or Ico (though Ico I mostly know from a friend, I've been bad about actually sitting down and getting through it)

I also almost never hear of anyone having heard of Infinite Undiscovery, or having nice things to say about it. It is an odd game, but my biggest issue with it (aside from wtf is up with the big bad... just... seriously) is that it's sad that there's not MORE. I do wish it had more... polish to it. More backstory because there are alot of characters, and they were interesting enough to me at first blush that I WANT to know more about them, more about their backstories, how they met each other. It seems like they rushed through things to release it as a kickoff title, but because of that it ended up obscure enough that I doubt they'll ever make a sequel, or remake with bonus features. It has it's flaws, but it also had some interesting dynamics to it that could have made for something that would have done well with more people.
Back to top Go down
DoubleL

DoubleL

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Mar 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Errbody talks about Ico. Ico is wonderful.

Anyhow, I recommend everybody play Jazzpunk whenever they get the chance.

I've heard it described as an "interactive sketch comedy," which is pretty accurate. Set in a unique Cold War style future-history, you play as Agent Polyblank as he is thrown into a web of conspiracy, intrigue, and etc. The game relies on a hyper-silly sort of screwball comedy that might not sit well with everyone, but if it's something you can get behind then you're going to love it.

So much of the game comes from just exploring the world and doing all the little side missions. Taken straight on, you can blaze through the game in a single sitting, but it's a much better experience if you take it in bits and pieces, wandering about and coming back to it from time to time. It's rare that a game can make this sort of exploring and messing around fulfilling and entertaining just on its own, without ever raising questions like, "Why am I doing this? How does this 'benefit' me?" It benefits you because the side quests are genuinely entertaining. You're doing it because it is fun.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Mar 16, 2014 8:50 pm

Anybody who feels the need to question Jazzpunk really shouldn't be playing it.

Here's a pretty great video/first impression about it:
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Mar 17, 2014 4:06 am

Ultimate Stuntman and Town & Country II: Thrilla's Surfari for the NES

97% of this list.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Mar 17, 2014 5:59 pm

By internet standards I don't play obscure games.  Not consciously, just how it falls.

DreamSword wrote:
and a bunch of licensed games that are actually pretty solid(and that I plan to LP).

And I remember one of the exceptions;

Obscure games you love... - Page 3 18963_front
Obscure games you love... - Page 3 18962_front
Obscure games you love... - Page 3 18961_front

Wayforward had to show up some time.

Never knew until just now that it had three different box arts, though. Also one of the few 4 MB (For great Profit!) GBA carts that was not a Super Nintendo port.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Mar 17, 2014 8:23 pm

Sukeban Shachou Rena

Nothing will ever beat that game
Back to top Go down
senelcoolidge

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Mar 24, 2014 9:01 am

@Blazing; WayForward games showed up a page or two ago.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Mar 24, 2014 12:21 pm

CasshernSins wrote:
@Blazing; WayForward games showed up a page or two ago.

Not seeing it.
Back to top Go down
senelcoolidge

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Mar 25, 2014 9:07 am

senelcoolidge wrote:
I seem to play mostly obscure games these days, so I'll list the following that I have enjoyed which I don't believe many people know about and/or have not played:

A Boy and His Blob (wii)
Okage (ps2)
Centipede Infestation (wii)
Aliens Infestation (ds)
Monster Tale (ds)
Threads of Fate (ps)
Sigma Star Saga (gba)
Cursed Mountain (wii)
The Red Star (ps2)
Mobile Light Force 2 (ps2)
Folklore (ps3)
Spyborgs (wii)
etc;

there are many more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I'll edit my list if any randomly pop into my head.

The bold titles are all WayForward games. I'm a huge fan of the developer.

Last edited by CasshernSins on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Mar 25, 2014 3:10 pm

senelcoolidge is also a bigger fan than that post would imply.
Back to top Go down
senelcoolidge

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Mar 25, 2014 7:25 pm

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Mar 25, 2014 8:07 pm

Oh wait, are you senel with a name change? Nevermind, my comment was irrelevant because you said you were a huge fan of theirs.
Back to top Go down
senelcoolidge

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Mar 26, 2014 1:23 am

Oh, stupid me. hahahah. Yeah, I am senelcoolidge. For some reason the forum knocked out my previous username and made me create a new one. Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't even paying attention.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Mar 26, 2014 3:09 am

senelcoolidge wrote:
senelcoolidge wrote:
I seem to play mostly obscure games these days, so I'll list the following that I have enjoyed which I don't believe many people know about and/or have not played:

A Boy and His Blob (wii)
Okage (ps2)
Centipede Infestation (wii)
Aliens Infestation (ds)
Monster Tale (ds)
Threads of Fate (ps)
Sigma Star Saga (gba)
Cursed Mountain (wii)
The Red Star (ps2)
Mobile Light Force 2 (ps2)
Folklore (ps3)
Spyborgs (wii)
etc;

there are many more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I'll edit my list if any randomly pop into my head.

The bold titles are all WayForward games. I'm a huge fan of the developer.

Pfft, was not looking very hard and now it bites me.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Mar 26, 2014 3:28 am

senelcoolidge wrote:
Oh, stupid me. hahahah. Yeah, I am senelcoolidge. For some reason the forum knocked out my previous username and made me create a new one. Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't even paying attention.
We don't know why the username thing is a problem. Your issue might've been the fact that you inserted your name in a guest comment, but we've had at least two other people who couldn't register because their username was allegedly taken, when it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
senelcoolidge

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Mar 26, 2014 3:49 am

@blazing; no worries!

@taiyz; yeah not sure what happened, but I think you fixed it for me which I appreciate. thank you.

back on topic, I just finished Tokobot Plus (ps2) and found it to be a very solid 3d platformer. Any of you who are fan of the "dying" genre should check it out.
Back to top Go down
DarkInvasion

DarkInvasion

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Apr 01, 2014 2:06 pm

Mine are:

Black Rock shooter the game (psp- ILOVETHISGAME!! but because of that damn motorcycle mission I had to drop it)
Class of Heroes (psp- I loved the game but it kinda has issues)
ZHP (psp- not sure if this is obscure though)
7th dragon 2020/2020-II (psp- currently playing)
Growlanser IV (psp- I had to drop it because the psp controller broke)
Vanguard Bandits (psx)
Silent Bomber (psx)
Back to top Go down
Hasta_Extermi

Hasta_Extermi

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Apr 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Most of the games I was going to list have already be mentioned but here's a few  Smile 

The Granstream Saga (PSX) - Really cool RPG developed by Quintet who also made Illusion of Gaia, Actraiser, and Terranigma.

Echo Night (PSX) - A very interesting mystery game developed by From Software who also made Demon's Souls and Dark Souls.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Apr 01, 2014 4:06 pm

I really want to play Echo Night: Beyond. A pretty rare concept for a PS2 game.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Apr 24, 2014 7:08 pm

I was thinking about town themes that I really loved in RPGs and I remembered this. It then struck me that no one talks about Okage: Shadow King!

Obscure games you love... - Page 3 FsrvBSJ

Okage is a real quirky game with great humor and it's quite saddening how overlooked it is. I mean it's not everyday that you run into characters with pink shadows... D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obscure games you love...   Obscure games you love... - Page 3 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Obscure games you love...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next