Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)

Go down 
+9
Crystal Power
Dracos
Suikoden
Abicion
Celestial Phoenix
Falcom
DylDawg
Slivendiferious
Tenshigami
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMTue Sep 23, 2014 1:43 am

Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMTue Sep 23, 2014 9:04 am

Final Fantasy: Otome Edition: Part II?

Might be a hit with the girls.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMTue Sep 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Partying from Noctis till Soltis I guess!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMTue Sep 23, 2014 8:10 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
Final Fantasy: Otome Edition: Part II?

Might be a hit with the girls.
Well that's a little sexist now isn't it? Video games are escapes for a lot of people, and wouldn't you want to go on a crazy fantastical road trip with your three buff buddies, flexing and oiling each other up as the sun sets on your way to your hot date with some blondie?

This game has something for everybody!
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMTue Sep 23, 2014 8:49 pm

Taiyz wrote:
Well that's a little sexist now isn't it?
Oh I don't know. Considering the current trend in games "journalism" I'd say it'll most likely get bashed for it's extreme lack of women in the main cast, but for a different reason.

Taiyz wrote:
wouldn't you want to go on a crazy fantastical road trip with your three buff buddies, flexing and oiling each other up as the sun sets on your way to your hot date with some blondie?
Uhhhhh. Probably not - at least not at first. I guarantee that at least at first I would be the wimpy, muscle-less and/or fat, massively introverted dude in the back seat that has been dragged there against his will, who repeatedly asks, "Can we go home yet?"
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMTue Sep 23, 2014 9:28 pm

Tabata: Hold a button for combos and hold another button for specific dodging.

Come back Nomuraaaaa lolz
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMTue Sep 23, 2014 9:31 pm

Who still needs a PS4?
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMWed Sep 24, 2014 12:24 am

This game is looking pretty good. The environments look amazing. Hopefully there's a decent amount of content here.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMWed Sep 24, 2014 2:35 am

Should I even find reasons to criticize this?
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMWed Sep 24, 2014 2:38 am

Quote :
Square Enix shared the latest look at Final Fantasy XV with a new trailer and gameplay footage during Tokyo Game Show 2014. Hajime Tabata, who has taken over the role of director from Tetsuya Nomura

Someone remind me again. Nomura was the guy who thought FF13 was a good idea and he worshipped Lightning as his own fanfic waifu, right?
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMWed Sep 24, 2014 3:05 am

Nope Abby. That was someone named Toriyama. Though Nomura designed the cast of XIII
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMWed Sep 24, 2014 3:43 am

Oh. Well then they still really need to get rid of that Toriyama guy.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMThu Sep 25, 2014 11:13 pm

I would have assassinated his ego brought by his arrogance, then MAYBE I would of actually have a bit of tolerance for him. He's proof that professionalism doesn't exist for hack writers.

Eh, wouldn't matter either way. Final Fantasy is legit Japan Fantasy now and the series has gone stale in it's storytelling.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMFri Sep 26, 2014 3:13 am

It blows my fucking mind that you're saying this stuff unironically. Final Fantasy has ALWAYS been "Japan Fantasy." I mean, f***, I don't get why people don't like FFXIII's story when it's the same style as the rest of them. I think people would rather claim that FF has changed than admit they just outgrew it.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMFri Sep 26, 2014 10:08 pm

"Outgrew it"? What?

No, the FF team stopped trying to appeal to Western audiences, I believe around FF10 - although, now that I think about it, you may be right. It was only at 13 when I realized that it was a Shonen Jump movie/fanfiction; storytelling stuff and cast that caters to the pre-teen/teenager and then I started recognizing the same cringe moments in FF10(There was more than Tidus's Laugh). Of course, FF isn't the only Japanese franchise that has gone stale in it's storytelling and resorting to whatever appeals the most.

FF6's use of European theatrics was risky but done surprisingly well and it's use of common tropes are seen in both in the West and East, however, most of the tropes I dislike in it were Western tropes, but again, executed well. At this point, FF is not for everyone other than Western fanboys.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMFri Sep 26, 2014 10:56 pm

There's also the fact that most of the original dudes behind the earlier games have since moved on.

Sometimes getting new blood for a franchise is a good thing and sometimes it's not. The latter of which recent FF's fall into. The series has always been about innovation and trying new things but anything after 10 (excluding 11) -main titles or spinoffs- have been a mixed bag. There's no denying that.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMFri Sep 26, 2014 11:07 pm

For me it's not so much that it's shifted to "Japan" Fantasy, it's more that the series has now pretty much ditched traditional fantasy (swords and magic in a matching, medieval type setting) for modern fantasy (swords and magic in modern or futuristic times). Also the plot of FFXIII was so terrible I pretty much dropped the entire trilogy after Corridor Fantasy. (I have FFXIII-2 because it cost me like $10 but I've yet to bother wasting my time on it.)

Don't get me wrong, FFXV might be good. The fact that it used to be connected to XIII (at least in name) is unfortunate though. It's like the series can't escape it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMFri Sep 26, 2014 11:08 pm

If XV tanks, and I REALLY hope it doesn't, JRPGs are gonna take a big hit. Especially Square.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMFri Sep 26, 2014 11:37 pm

JRPGs have already taken a big hit last gen. Square Enix is the only big JRPG company left. The companies that don't own their IPs like Tri-Ace and Media.Vision are stuck making games for other companies on mobile and handheld platforms. The smaller companies that own their IPs (such as NIS, Gust, Atlus, and Idea Factory/Compile Heart) are still around because they were smart about how they made their games. They didn't make games with huge budgets. Their games could sell 100K-200K copies and still be profitable.

The PS1/PS2 days of console JRPGs are long gone.
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMSat Sep 27, 2014 1:16 am

I feel like the Final Fantasy series has a bit of an identity crisis. In the west people think of Final Fantasy as the quintessential traditional fantasy rpg but in japan that falls to the more popular Dragons Quest. They don't want to be just a less popular Dragons Quest series and so they jump all over the place to try to find a place of it's own but it rarely seems to work and not with much consistency.

Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMSat Sep 27, 2014 1:24 am

Suikiwiden wrote:
If XV tanks, and I REALLY hope it doesn't, JRPGs are gonna take a big hit. Especially Square.

How would it tank, though? If it does follow the unnecessarily convoluted FFXIII plot, yeah, possibly. Fanboys would still eat it up. The anime Free! was successful wasn't it? See what I did there?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMSat Sep 27, 2014 2:21 am

Dracos wrote:
I feel like the Final Fantasy series has a bit of an identity crisis. In the west people think of Final Fantasy as the quintessential traditional fantasy rpg but in japan that falls to the more popular Dragons Quest.  They don't want to be just a less popular Dragons Quest series and so they jump all over the place to try to find a place of it's own but it rarely seems to work and not with much consistency.

I think that this is a very good point. Dragon Quest has always remained in a fairly consistent fantasy world, rescuing the princess and fighting dragons, where-as Final Fantasy has always explored the more grandiose aspects of fantasies such as riding airships, fighting and summoning gods and even Final Fantasy VI had that magitech armour or whatever. I find that a lot of Japanese fantasy ends up becoming very sci-fi eventually, I mean the Tales series has always been about this kinda stuff, often with magic-based technologies.

I really don't think that Japanese RPGs have changed much, it's just that in the past they were very different from a lot of western games and typically offered a large amount of content. Now that western-made games are so large in scope, I feel that JRPGs' redeeming qualities have basically been reduced to their battle systems and storylines (and I suppose their music is different too, but you can get that experience from other genres,) and not everybody likes Japanese storytelling, as was very evident when the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy hit.

Eh, it's something that we could debate for a long time, I just don't feel like Japanese RPGs have changed enough, while the rest of the industry has changed a LOT since the time when JRPGs were super exciting.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMThu Oct 02, 2014 6:50 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/02/final-fantasy-xv-director-encourages-fans-make-car-memes/
haha, I wasn't expecting them to actually give out transparent renders. I like this Tabata guy.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMSun Oct 05, 2014 4:23 pm

I'm a bit disappointed in Final Fantasy XV after reading all this "auto' and holding buttons gameplay.
http://gematsu.com/2014/09/tabata-wants-make-final-fantasy-xv-casual

Then the news broke that Noctis is the only character you can control, which is unfortunate because in it's versus days it was shown that you could play others in the trailers.
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/02/final-fantasy-xv-wont-let-change-characters-battle/

These feeling are all up to opinions, and mine are that I don't like being restricted to one character (Unless it's a character creation feature like Dragon's Dogma). I could still play those games but it's less 'enjoyment'. I will still buy Final Fantasy XV and I'm sure I could still enjoy it, but I have a feeling I will enjoy games like Tales of Zestiria and Pokemon ORAS more...
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaMSun Oct 05, 2014 8:42 pm

I never expected to play as characters other than Noctis, honestly. The automatic combat is disappointing, but there may be an option to disable that like how you could switch the default combat option in FFXIII. Besides the attacks probably still come out if you just mash the button.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)   Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV) 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy: Road Trip!! (XV)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: Video Games-
Jump to: