Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The story behind your username?

Go down 
+26
Chosen Zelos
SRMS
DylDawg
TimeFactor
Yume Hanabi
Samaël
Ryu
shemwell99
Jazzeh
Rance-sama
Rainstorm
Tenshigami
Venom
Falcom
Harbinger
LGameTales
Txn
GroundhogDay
HCSteven
AlexanderKatsuragi
Suikoden
Jean
Bo Staff Katana
Emil12345
Abicion
Slivendiferious
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

The story behind your username? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 9:40 pm

no, it's Jasna, something that no american english speaker has figured out how to pronounce right on their first try
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
shemwell99
The White Knight
shemwell99

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 9:41 pm

my last name+year I started using it as a username lol
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Admin
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 9:51 pm

When I was a kid, I stumbled upon a Japanese hiragana chart and made up a name (Hiroshi). Kind of funny that it's an actual name.

I added Ryu later when I started browsing the internet and the former was already taken everywhere. I picked up a DE<>JP dictionary and looked up random words. I liked the translation of dragon, and that's why I'm Ryu!
Back to top Go down
HCSteven
Hoenn Champion
HCSteven

Location : Yume I Don't Care About Your Avatar My Avatar Is Cleaner.Happy Bday

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 10:14 pm

Rance-sama wrote:
HCSteven wrote:
Equivalent to forum in remnant status not saying anything for now to keep you wondering

hi real trainer red or angel of death or whatever you like to go by how are you today?

True thats my old name dropped Red after someone tried copying me on youtube but got their azz kicked(would use the rped terminology but that equates Red not Steven) and its way too many Reds general wise.I'm fine though thanks for asking especially when I have no friends through personal choice how about yourself though?
Back to top Go down
Rance-sama
Admin
Rance-sama

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 10:24 pm

i'm doing well, my job is progressing nicely and my friends that i have through personal choice are very nice

oh the story behind my username is that i am the hero and this seemed a fitting name for a hero of justice for some reason
Back to top Go down
HCSteven
Hoenn Champion
HCSteven

Location : Yume I Don't Care About Your Avatar My Avatar Is Cleaner.Happy Bday

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Thats good to hear but if anyone is ever in doubt on who your real friends are get down on your luck given the ones who never were will leave you simultaneously vice self explanatory.Just conversing out load when saying that pay me no mind
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Feb 02, 2014 11:06 pm

ShivKH wrote:
I legitimately always thought your username meant you were from Texas
Technically, I'm to the south of Texas... as in, inside México.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 12:02 am

Since I don't like being called by my birthname, a friend started calling me Dei and it just kinda stuck.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 1:34 am

Mine comes after the song Yume Hanabi from Garnet Crow. I was registering on a Detective Conan forum and was uninspired and just took the title of the song that was currently playing in my playlist. Then I reused it on the old Tales Forum and as my current fandom life was built there, it's become a big part of me. I can never not be Yume lol
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 2:28 am

My current obsession at the time was (Xillia 2).

But right now it's Hetalia and Persona 3/4. I would've changed it when I recreated my account, but I couldn't think of any Hetalia/Persona-related terms I liked off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Feb 04, 2014 3:20 am

One of my friends called me this cause, ya know, jokes.

And, I liked it.
Back to top Go down
SRMS

SRMS

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMSun Feb 09, 2014 9:46 pm

It stands for Super Revolutionary Man Slut.
Back to top Go down
Chosen Zelos
Spicy Potato
Chosen Zelos

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 10, 2014 7:21 am

I like Zelos.

In the game he was called "The Chosen" for some reason.

I was a very unoriginal lad.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 10, 2014 9:37 am

This.

The german TV channel RTL 2 was what made me more interested in anime/japan (also taught me their language, haha). "The Moontoon Zone" was all about Sailor Moon, Dragonball and Pokémon for a while, but later more and more series got introduced and they started calling the whole thing something else.

Man, seeing that again makes me nostalgic =')
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Ryu
Admin
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 10, 2014 11:35 am

Wow, I can't believe I never realized that's where your name came from! Ah, those were the days...
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 10, 2014 12:03 pm

Ah, you're from Germany? =]
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Chosen Zelos
Spicy Potato
Chosen Zelos

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMMon Feb 10, 2014 10:06 pm

Somehow that blew that freakin mind.
Back to top Go down
cutepresea

cutepresea

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMTue Feb 11, 2014 1:07 am

Uninteresting story. I was 16 at the time and terrible at making up names (kinda still am). I joined a ToS related board and just decided to base the name on Presea since I mained her...the cute part tagged on because, yes, I found her to be so. No spaces or caps because I didn't feel like it.

The name stuck.

People often call me just CP or Presea.
I've been known to typo it as curepresea on occasion which led to Precure jokes, especially Cure Sunshine related since they share a voice.
Back to top Go down
warriorangel01

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Feb 12, 2014 5:31 pm

Jazzeh wrote:
no, it's Jasna, something that no american english speaker has figured out how to pronounce right on their first try
Do you pronounce it with a Y? And two short a's? so yah - s - nah?

anyway this is just a derivation of my aol name, with warrior spelled correctly and with the 01 replacing the numbers that represented part of my birthday (I was reluctant to give my real age on the internet, a wise choice in retrospect). As for the aol name, I picked angel because that was a part of my sister's aol name and I was still in the phase where I semi-idolized her. I added warrior to make myself sound more intimidating, but I was like 7 so obviously I didn't know how to spell for shit. And I added part of my birthday because there were too many warriorangel's on aol, so I had to add a random number. I kept the number part when I signed up on tosf so that I could search for myself on google easier.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Casey
Anime Girl Advocate
Dr. Casey

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaMWed Feb 12, 2014 9:55 pm

A seven year old girl choosing 'warrior' as part of her username is actually pretty hardcore

warriorangel confirmed for BAMF

As for me. My Reading teacher in 7th grade was apparently a fan of the old Dr. Casey TV series from the 1960s, because that was the nickname he used for me on occasion. I don't know if there was any reasoning behind it besides the fact that my last name is 'Casey' and my teacher was a pretty silly person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The story behind your username?   The story behind your username? - Page 2 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

The story behind your username?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2