Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Johnny Yong Bosch

Go down 
+2
Rainstorm
DreamSword
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

Johnny Yong Bosch Empty
PostSubject: Johnny Yong Bosch   Johnny Yong Bosch 07v2DaMSat Feb 14, 2015 1:28 pm

Good evening everyone. This is I, DreamSword, co-host of the Skit Style BBS Podcast.

It has come to my attention that Johnny Yong Bosch, voice actor behind Guy from Abyss and Emil from Dawn, would be happy to be interviewed by us.

Thus, if you have any questions you would like us to ask him, then by all means, post them, and we shall see what we can do.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

Johnny Yong Bosch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Yong Bosch   Johnny Yong Bosch 07v2DaMSat Feb 14, 2015 5:04 pm

That's so awesome congratulations guys!! No questions here sorry :S
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

Johnny Yong Bosch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Yong Bosch   Johnny Yong Bosch 07v2DaMMon Feb 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Didn't he voice Cless/Cress in the OVA, too?
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

Johnny Yong Bosch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Yong Bosch   Johnny Yong Bosch 07v2DaMMon Feb 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Johnny Yong Bosch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Yong Bosch   Johnny Yong Bosch 07v2DaMMon Feb 16, 2015 3:33 pm

I can only think of the standard ones:

"What was your favorite character to voice"

and

"Do you ever have relapses into other characters while voice acting?"
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

Johnny Yong Bosch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Yong Bosch   Johnny Yong Bosch 07v2DaMMon Feb 16, 2015 9:37 pm

Is courage the magic that can turn dreams into reality?
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

Johnny Yong Bosch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Yong Bosch   Johnny Yong Bosch 07v2DaMMon Feb 16, 2015 9:40 pm

But really, I want to know how was the recording session, mostly the Artes and attacking quotes.
Like, he saw a clip of Guy/Emil doing the attack and heard his japanese voice? Or he was just asked to read from a list?

And also, that it's disappointing that Namco didn't use "It's morphing time!" with the Abyssman costumes.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

Johnny Yong Bosch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Yong Bosch   Johnny Yong Bosch 07v2DaMTue Feb 17, 2015 12:36 am

Sadly Johnny had to reschedule with us, so the interview will apparently be happening in two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

Johnny Yong Bosch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Yong Bosch   Johnny Yong Bosch 07v2DaMThu Feb 19, 2015 3:43 am

I saw the Phantasia OVA a while back. It's not bad, and the dub's pretty good. Kinda wish they didn't use terms from the GBA translation in the script (Derris-Karran, Aseria), but I guess they had nothing else to go off of at the time. Hopefully more tales anime will get dubbed. Funimation's release of Vesperia First Strike a couple years ago is a good start.

It's cool that you got Johnny on your podcast. He seems like a cool guy. I felt sorry for the guy when I saw his appearance in the Adventures in Voice Acting documentary. He left his family in Texas to pursue acting, and he said he doesn't call them. It was clear that just mentioning them saddened him since he didn't want to talk about it any more afterwards.

Sorry for rambling. As for questions, I'm with Txn. I'd really like to hear about the process of recording for Tales games. Finding the character voice, the method of recording the actual dialogue and battle lines, that kinda thing. Localization really interests me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Johnny Yong Bosch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Johnny Yong Bosch   Johnny Yong Bosch 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Johnny Yong Bosch
Page 1 of 1