Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)

Go down 
+49
Zappa
autre_tales
Crystal Power
Drake
Lord Yggdrasill
Friendzie
Juanblue85
swordandshield
PanbanRichard
Scrawlers
Shy Link
Taiyz
King Cat the Sixth
CyborgZeta
Abicion
Silver Forte
NexeorF
Colour
Suikoden
Chosen of Mana
Slivendiferious
Emil12345
cutepresea
Varrius
Red_Rose
TempestBlade
Samaël
Zacewing
Ryu
Venom
Harbinger
Falcom
BlazingFiddlesticks
Lloyzerdk
senelcoolidge
Txn
Tenshigami
DylDawg
TimeFactor
Yume Hanabi
DreamSword
Hasta_Extermi
Zwei.0
Arn
Rainstorm
GroundhogDay
Moontoon
Sagadego
Dimentionalist
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Jul 02, 2014 2:58 pm

Txn wrote:
DylDawg wrote:
One week before Pokemanz.
Good old Namco Razz 

Oh no, really? Again? I mean, better than the same weeks as numbered Final Fantasy games but this series' masochism!
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Jul 02, 2014 3:09 pm

Hahaha the Masochistic Tales series.

Also, they are subbing the end battle quotes. Good.

Will EB Games get this? Cause I don't want to buy a new memory card just and DL this, which will cost more than the game itself.
Back to top Go down
Scrawlers

Scrawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Jul 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Well, at the very least, Hearts R and Pokémon are on two different systems. I'm sure there will be some JRPG fans on Vita that don't have a 3DS . . . maybe . . .
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Jul 02, 2014 6:35 pm

I make the joke, but how much damage have the dumb overlaps historically caused? I would think the Tales fans would be the Tales games first and then let whatever other competing game come second, because Lord knows finding a copy of a more popular game wouldn't be hard.

But then, Pokemon fans seemed to be labeled those with no critical capacity or rational thought who buy on impulse (which... offends folks in limbo like me who love the franchise but haven't bought a game since Pearl).
Back to top Go down
Scrawlers

Scrawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Jul 02, 2014 6:55 pm

Yeah, hey, excuse you, I love Pokémon, and I take the series seriously/look at it with a critical eye. >( And honestly, Hearts R's localization looks so sketchy, quality-wise, that yeah, I personally would prioritize Pokémon AlphaSapphire over it. Then again, it's not really a problem with me since I a.) don't own a Vita yet and b.) always pre-order and pay off my games in advance (see: I already have Xillia 2's CE completely paid off), so I usually don't run into problems. (Honestly, though, 4th gen was weak and Pearl wasn't even the updated third version. The Gen V games are where it's at, story-wise, and XY have amazing gameplay. Also note that I'm not seriously offended by what you said; I'm just playing around.)

But in all seriousness, I think the overlaps cause problems not from hardcore Tales Series fans, but from people who could be interested but are more interested in more popular games. For instance, if Namco releases a Tales Series game within the launch window of KH3, KH3 already has a bigger install base (some members of which do overlap), so KH3 will win by default. Problem is, some of those Kingdom Hearts fans could be interested in the Tales Series even if they've never played it before, but if they have to choose between a JRPG they don't recognize but think looks interesting or a game they know they are probably going to like, they'll go with the safety net and pick the game they already know they'll enjoy.

That's where the problem comes in. IIRC, both Abyss and Legendia had to compete with Kingdom Hearts 2 and a new Final Fantasy title (I don't remember which was which), and it caused problems. In this case specifically, though, Pokémon and Hearts R are on different systems, and this is clearly a budget localization that Namco doesn't seem to care too much about, so . . . hopefully it'll be all right.

Though if it doesn't sell well, that could nuke our chances for handheld titles in the future, so. :/ We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Jul 02, 2014 7:07 pm

http://www.bandainamcogames.eu/japan-expo-2014-live-stream?redirect=false

Namco will be streaming their activities at Japan Expo this year. Hopefully we'll get a couple of interesting things on the Tales front.

All streams begin at 10AM CET, which I believe is 4AM EST and 1AM PST.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Jul 02, 2014 10:23 pm

Scrawlers wrote:
Yeah, hey, excuse you, I love Pokémon, and I take the series seriously/look at it with a critical eye... (Also note that I'm not seriously offended by what you said; I'm just playing around.)

I was meaning to speak in the third person. I target no one.

Scrawlers wrote:
But in all seriousness, I think the overlaps cause problems not from hardcore Tales Series fans, but from people who could be interested but are more interested in more popular games.

I realized that after I posted, I think it I was in the "Only Tales fans by Tales games!" line of thinking, for whatever reason. Which is pointless because Tales fans will usually try to buy Tales games. Begging the question. silent

It's actually relevant to me because I have a friend who has both, but last I checked he bought Abyss 3DS so he'll probably be aware that Hearts R is coming, if not already, than by release. I suspect he's a desperate enough Vita owner to bite! Razz

Scrawlers wrote:
(Honestly, though, 4th gen was weak and Pearl wasn't even the updated third version. The Gen V games are where it's at, story-wise, and XY have amazing gameplay. Also note that I'm not seriously offended by what you said; I'm just playing around.)

Here's the fun part, talking about critical eyes and opinions; 4th gen had physical special attack split and nearly enough new attacks to make it function, and the explosion in the number of useful held items. It changed the pace of battle forever and is a fine candidate for for biggest game-changer- so much so that all Black/White/2 and XY have offered by comparison are new Pokemon and power-creep. As much praise as I have to give XY for being the "mechanics first, pokemon second" mentality game the series has desperately needed.
Back to top Go down
Scrawlers

Scrawlers

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMWed Jul 02, 2014 11:15 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
I was meaning to speak in the third person. I target no one.

I know . . . that's why I made sure to specify that I was just messing with you . . .

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
4th gen had physical special attack split and nearly enough new attacks to make it function, and the explosion in the number of useful held items. It changed the pace of battle forever and is a fine candidate for for biggest game-changer- so much so that all Black/White/2 and XY have offered by comparison are new Pokemon and power-creep. As much praise as I have to give XY for being the "mechanics first, pokemon second" mentality game the series has desperately needed.

Mm, I can see your point, but Sinnoh introduced more evolutions/pre-existing evolutions to pokémon than new pokémon (and had basically zero new fire-types aside from the chimchar line and magmorter), and honestly that split is something that has been further refined (imo) in later gens.

Gen V introduced triple/rotation battles, critical captures, I'm pretty sure it introduced the shiny charm, eevee became available in the wild (starting with Black 2/White 2), Masuda method became further refined, etc. Gen VI, aside from having trainer customization (I will not apologize for the obscene amount of money/time I spent customizing my trainer), introduced hoard battles and super training, both of which make EV training easier (especially hoard battles) and Mega Evolution, which makes it so that charizard can finally stop getting nuked by rock type attacks. Finally. I also personally found the type combinations on a lot of the new pokémon interesting, and Gen VI stopped the fire-type deficit we've been suffering for awhile now, too.

The later generations introduced a lot in terms of mechanics, and have only improved on what Gen IV had to offer (including the completely lackluster pokémon pool Gen IV had to offer, egh). Gen IV wasn't completely awful, especially if you throw HG/SS into the mix (though my brain still categorizes them as Gen II since they're Gen II remakes, even though they're technically Gen IV), but it definitely wasn't my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMThu Jul 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Man, In the time between the latest announcement and the release date they'd find English VA's dub the NA version in English then release it.
Back to top Go down
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMThu Jul 03, 2014 8:00 pm

Emil12345 wrote:
Man, In the time between the latest announcement and the release date they'd find English VA's dub the NA version in English then release it.

I'm not quite sure if you understand or not, but there aren't going to be any English voices unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Varrius

Varrius

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMThu Jul 03, 2014 11:23 pm

Nov. 11th for NA.

From Namco's Anime Expo panel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thatonevideogamer.com/
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Jul 04, 2014 3:43 am

Releasing it on a holiday. Thank you Bamco.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Jul 04, 2014 8:19 am

GroundhogDay wrote:
Emil12345 wrote:

I'm not quite sure if you understand or not, but there aren't going to be any English voices unfortunately.

Then this is gonna be like Project X Zone.

Why? For the 3ds version of Abyss they got the English cast back together. Why not get a cast for Hearts R? They got time.
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Jul 04, 2014 8:43 am

Emil12345 wrote:

Why? For the 3ds version of Abyss they got the English cast back together. Why not get a cast for Hearts R? They got time.

They did not. It was just a port, there was nothing new to record.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Jul 04, 2014 9:27 am

^

Emil12345 wrote:

Also, there is no English cast for Hearts to get back together.

As for the actual reasons why they decided not to dub Hearts R:

1) We don't know
2) Probably something regarding money and making a profit
3) Probably something regarding more profitable ways to spend their time
Back to top Go down
PanbanRichard

PanbanRichard

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Jul 04, 2014 10:07 am

It's a business. They want to get it out prior to Zestiria. Which I guess makes sense from their perspective, but Tales fans are probably one of the most patient ones out there if you consider years prior to Graces f/Xillia. I'm pretty sure a lot of us wouldn't have minded waiting for Hearts R after Zestiria.

Eh, what can you do. It sounds like they're dead set on localizing it ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Jul 04, 2014 10:16 am

Slivendiferious wrote:
^
Also, there is no English cast for Hearts to get back together.
Also, on the plus side, we don't have to hear Wendee Lee the whole game.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Jul 04, 2014 10:31 am

Also they didn't get anyone back on Abyss together because the game wasn't redubbed nor had any new lines to dub.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Jul 04, 2014 11:02 am

The stuff they're showcasing in the Japan Expo streams is very lopsided. They've shown little of Tales yet have spent most of these two days playing the new Naruto game.

On second thought, I'm not sure why I care. The games they're showing don't even have English text, and they don't seem to be showing anything we don't already know. Plus, the first stream they did doesn't even have sound.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Jul 04, 2014 1:07 pm

>japan expo

>english text

namco y u no english all u gaems?///?
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Jul 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Lloyzerdk wrote:
The stuff they're showcasing in the Japan Expo streams is very lopsided. They've shown little of Tales yet have spent most of these two days playing the new Naruto game.

On second thought, I'm not sure why I care. The games they're showing don't even have English text, and they don't seem to be showing anything we don't already know. Plus, the first stream they did doesn't even have sound.
No English at an expo in FRANCE. OH NOES.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMFri Jul 04, 2014 8:37 pm

gomenasai
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMMon Aug 04, 2014 4:41 am

http://chichichichipndale.deviantart.com/art/Tales-of-Hearts-Assassin-472998483

I know I already posted this on the old Talesforum.  I just wanted to point out I came up with a bunch of new puns.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Juanblue85

Juanblue85

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaMTue Aug 05, 2014 2:37 pm

I have my pre-order in at Gamestop and I hope it sells decent so we can get Innocence R as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)   Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014) - Page 12 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Hearts R localization confirmed (Winter 2014)
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next