Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION

Go down 
+32
Prinny
Dis
Falunel
Arn
Ryu
King Cat the Sixth
Dimentionalist
TimeFactor
Naoshi
Abicion
cutepresea
BlazingFiddlesticks
Sagadego
Sakura1106
Smuglord
Suki
Sapphie
Varrius
TrulyBigHeaded
DylDawg
Yume Hanabi
Txn
Colour
Augla
Zwei.0
Rainstorm
Falcom
Suikoden
Moontoon
Slivendiferious
DreamSword
Chosen of Mana
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMThu Oct 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Awesome, and looks like Rayquaza will be relevant to the plot just like in Emerald.

Delta Stream!!
Protecting Flying-type Pokemon and makes anything they’d normally be weak against!!
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 10:25 am

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 450px-CoroCoro_November_2014_Mega_Beedrill
GIMEGADRILL MOTHERFUCKERS. Always my favorite Bug, and was even my main vs Red in my Soul Silver run.

Mega Beedrill gets boosts in Attack and Speed(seriously need that) and Adaptibility. Gonna miss Sniper though, Drill Run was amazingly hilarious with that. Still going to be horrendously frail, but who cares.

There's also Mega Pidgeot with No Guard and increased Sp Atk. I guess Hurricane is the only thing that'll benefit from this, unless Pidgeot gets Focus Blast this time around. Pidgeot's movepool is horrible to be honest.

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 450px-CoroCoro_November_2014_Mega_Pidgeot

You can also fly on Lati@s to catch legendary Pokemon in mystical sky palace of sort. And to uncharted islands maybe. I'd rather we get controllable Fly though, especially since there's Sky Battles now, but this'll do at least.
Back to top Go down
Naoshi

Naoshi

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 10:35 am

Mega Beedrill? Really? I want my Mega Butterfree now then.

Mega Pidgeot looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 12:09 pm

I said before jokingly that Beedrill should get a Mega, though I didn't think it'd happen D;
Pidgeot surprised though, I expected Swellow.

Still no Mega Flygon though Sad
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 12:29 pm

What an answer! Damn. First GameFreak reminds us how disconnected they are from the reality of this game (A Mega to Pokemon with base 150 in both attack stats, S***), then next thing we get is two highly-requested ones that actually make sense. That said, yeah, Pidgeot with No Guard doesn't, unless Game Freak has some move additions planned. What we really need are its stats, Pidgeot's defining factor from day one has always been bulk, and if Game Freak ignores that trying to Pidgeot into some its really not, he'll just be one-upped by the inevitable Mega-Dodrio/Swellow/Staraptor again.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 12:30 pm

Rheiards!

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 12:34 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
Rheiards!

Awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp9qfy_Ljvw
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Mega hyped for Mega Beedrill. I didn't expect GameFreak to actually give a mega to someone who needed it.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 1:53 pm

Mega Pidgeot and Mega Audino, aw yeaaahh.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 2:22 pm

BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:
What we really need are its stats, Pidgeot's defining factor from day one has always been bulk, and if Game Freak ignores that trying to Pidgeot into some its really not, he'll just be one-upped by the inevitable Mega-Dodrio/Swellow/Staraptor again.
Well, by the looks of it, they're going to push Pidgeot as a Special Attacker, which gives it a nice niche compared to the three you listed. Because let's face it, everything is Brave Birding everywhere now. And there aren't a whole lot of Special Flying (bird) is there? On the top of my head are the UnoDosTres, and probably Xatu/Sigilyph, the latter is more tank than attacker. And probably Togekiss.

No Guard Hurricane with boosted SpAtk is going to be really delicious though. Chlorophyll Grass can't do shit.

But seriously, Pidgeot needs better movepool. I'd settle for even just a Focus Blast (or anything Special Fighting, but Focus Miss is going to be great with No Guard).

Oh Pidgeot got Heat Wave from BW2, that's nice but still...
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 4:58 pm

I'm only so apparently anal about Mega Pidgeot because he's one of the many Gen 1 Pokemon that were built in an extremely symmetrical, balanced manner (Think Nidoqueen or Poliwrath, or more uniformally Mew and the "Phantom Pixies").  Their Megas would be best off trying to make that kind of broad functionality work again after Ruby and Sapphire shattered the concept with specialized EVs twelve years ago.  Ever since Diamond and Pearl, Pokemon design has treated bulk and speed like opposites, giving us things that can hit and run or give and take.  Legends do it just the same, they just hide it by having bigger stats all around.  In that light, giving the balanced Mons' Megas is almost doing something new.

Say, Mega Pidgeot.  Even if he got absolutely nothing else beyond the Mega and No Guard with it, he has all the tools he needs to be a superior bulky Moltres; less HP offset by fewer weaknesses, higher defenses, and higher speed (even in default!) to Roost off of, the amazing coverage of Fire/Flying with a weaker Heat Wave in exchange for a guaranteed Hurricane, and then Toxic or Substitute to use that new speed.  Moltres still beats him on the special offense, Dodrio/Swellow/Staraptor/Talonflame beat him on the physical offense, but Mega Pidgeot would more comfortable in a lot more situations than any of them.  That's an RBY Alakazam level of functionality right there.  I don't know if there's a need in the game for something like that, we know GameFreak prefers not think in those terms unless they absolutely have to, but its a legitimate design concept.

Or GameFreak could just turn him into more proper Moltres derivative. That would be legitimate too.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 8:26 pm

I think it's more that GameFreak is thinking about making Megas that complement the current competitive scene. The metagame right now, though a lot have voiced their disagreement about it, is about having specific Pokemon for specific roles instead of a jack of all trades (or master of all trades?). Gen 1 Pokemon do seem to be balanced in that regard, but that's just means that they're not really all that remarkable or viable compared to Pokemon with highly specialized stats that are able to take on their specific roles in a team.

I mean, I'm all for using these underused, balanced and otherwise unremarkable Pokemon in novelty ways, but there's just the fact that what they can do, others can do better. Balanced stats on a Pokemon is a good thing, but it can't really hold a candle to a well-thought/balanced team of 6, each with their own specialized role to either stall/wall-break/sweep.

That's just how the competitive metagame has currently evolved to, and I personally don't think of it as a wrong way of doing things. I like how in teambuilding stage, you need to look at the overall synergy of all your teammates, assigning roles according to their specialty stats either as a support, tank, or sweeper, covering weaknesses and the likes; instead of having one Pokemon that can do anything, I like that more thoughts have to be put into organizing the team as a whole.

Anyway, last time we actually got a master of all trades that can tank, setup, and dish out damage, the whole Aegislash backslash happened.

And yeah, Pidgeot does have quite the tools to be a bulky special sweeper or something, more so after the stat boost from Mega, but I'm thinking more about how to utilize No Guard. Because sincerely, No Guard is a great offensive ability but Pidgeot lacks the tool to utilize it, only Hurricane. If he's gonna be a bulky beast, might as well keep Big Pecks than risk a 100% Blizzard/Thunder to the face, in a bright and sunny day.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 9:41 pm

If Mega Pidgeot gets sky drop in ORAS, it can attack a pokemon that is already being sky dropped by another pokemon with sky drop, sky dropping them again.

Wow.

Loving the analysis going on right now people!
Also the soundtrack. That is the song I have definitely heard the most while playing ToS.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Oct 10, 2014 11:19 pm

We do need something for No Guard, otherwise we've got proof that GameFreak's spite for Pidgeot since 2002 is utterly genuine and not a series of coincidence.

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
I think it's more that GameFreak is thinking about making Megas that complement the current competitive scene. The metagame right now, though a lot have voiced their disagreement about it, is about having specific Pokemon for specific roles instead of a jack of all trades (or master of all trades?). Gen 1 Pokemon do seem to be balanced in that regard, but that's just means that they're not really all that remarkable or viable compared to Pokemon with highly specialized stats that are able to take on their specific roles in a team.

I was going to make this big case that Pokemon just needed parity in offensive power for each type, not power-creepy stats to have just as good a game and bring in some examples from my RBY move hacking stints, but none of that really matters because Game Freak needs new Pokemon and new Pokemon have to differentiate themselves.  I'm just a curmudgeon who wants a more balanced RBY/GSC where abilities don't create loops and metagame centralization and we two-shot our opponents in 60-40 increments rather than 80-20.  Haven't bought a Pokemon game since Pearl because what I see just ain't fun.

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
Anyway, last time we actually got a master of all trades that can tank, setup, and dish out damage, the whole Aegislash backslash happened.

The problem is Aegislash is two Pokemon in one thanks to King Shield, he literally cheats the system.  That's not versatility, that's gimmickry.  I'll go back to RBY Alakazam again.  The thing was an offensive menace to non-psychics, a status-inducing stat-dropper with chip damage to non-psychics, and capable of recovery.  Yet thanks to his low HP and special, he was never in an entirely safe situation; he got to do everything by never being a shoo-in.  Granted, this example is stunted as well because Alakazam could only do that by Special Attack and Defense being the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMSat Oct 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Naoshi wrote:
I want my Mega Butterfree now then.
Me too. Sad
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMSun Oct 12, 2014 2:30 pm

Crystal Power wrote:
Naoshi wrote:
Me too. Sad

This. Butterfree was my favorite back then.

So will you guys be trying the demo?
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMSun Oct 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Moontoon wrote:
And raise pokemon I will then have to part with again for all eternity?

How can you be so cruel Moontoon?
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMSun Oct 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Haha I didn't even think of that ;w; I just can't wait to see Hoenn again!
Back to top Go down
Naoshi

Naoshi

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMMon Oct 13, 2014 2:12 pm

Moontoon wrote:
I just can't wait to see Hoenn again!
This.

I wonder if America is getting a demo too.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMMon Oct 13, 2014 3:12 pm

The demo is going to be too good to pass up on, and apparently you can transfer your pokes from the demo to the actual game so....

I am definitely picking it up =)
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMMon Oct 13, 2014 5:07 pm

Moontoon wrote:
Crystal Power wrote:
Naoshi wrote:
Me too. Sad

This. Butterfree was my favorite back then.

I don't think it's been announced for the US yet. I wanted to, but I wonder how they will distribute it here. Like seriously couldn't they have put it on eshop. I don't mind going to buy games but it's just a demo. ^^;;
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMTue Oct 14, 2014 12:50 pm

I'm scared.

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 Tumblr_ndfxyekwg21r020sqo1_1280
Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 Tumblr_ndfxyekwg21r020sqo2_1280

The flying mode looks nice, tough!

Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMTue Oct 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Where's Mega Flygon?
Back to top Go down
Naoshi

Naoshi

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMTue Oct 14, 2014 3:27 pm

^There are some rumors about Mega Flygon, Milotic, Butterfree and Azumarill but dont know if its true.

Quote :
Following the reveal of the US & Canadian Demo above, where it'll be distributed in the October 21st Pokémon Trainer Club,
According to Serebii.

So I will not able to play demo Sad

In other news
I want this Pikachu~!

Last edited by Naoshi on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaMTue Oct 14, 2014 3:32 pm

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/so-does-pokemon-omega-ruby-and-alpha-include-trainer-customization

SadSadSadSad

The main reason I had XY in pre-order was because of Trainer customization. Goddamit GameFreak, I swear, if you can't trade the ORAS megastones to XY!!!

EDIT: GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, there won't be a patch for the new Mega Evolutions for XY.

I'm not buying this game. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 19 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION
Page 19 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next