Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct reactions thread

Go down 
+12
Dracos
Bo Staff Katana
Txn
BlazingFiddlesticks
Suikoden
Emil12345
Psypher
Falcom
TimeFactor
Prinny
Moontoon
Taiyz
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Nintendo Direct reactions thread Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMWed Jan 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Since Nintendo's so consistent with these things, I figured that it might be best to create a dedicated thread for Nintendo Direct announcements and shit.

I can't really watch the whole thing until later today, but from what I'm seeing there's gonna be a new line of non-Smash Amiibo based on Mario Bros., Rosalina's gonna be playable in Mario Party 10 but it's still offline only so who gives a shit, and the New Nintendo 3DS comes out...NEXT MONTH? Seriously? Well, at least it's gonna keep the properly coloured buttons for the first time ever. I'm actually really glad that only the XL is coming over here because I was really conflicted.

Last edited by Taiyz on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMWed Jan 14, 2015 3:24 pm

Preordered a blue XL <3 Still bummed they won't get any faceplates. But I guess it's worse for you guys in the US who will only be able to choose the XL model.

Also hyped for Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and Majoras Mask!
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMWed Jan 14, 2015 3:47 pm

So the New 3DS XL isn't compatible with face plates, didn't realize that, that's disappointing. Also apparently Nintendo has proved yet again that they have no forethought and apparently Amiibo can only store one game's worth of data at a time, want to use an Amiibo with Mario Party 10? Gotta wipe out your Smash data first! What fucking idiot thought this was acceptable?

I think I'm gonna wait on the New 3DS until people have confirmed that the c-stick works with Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil Revelations and One Piece: Unlimited World Red.
Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Nintendo_3DS#Compatibility oh, well that's good. In that case all that's left is to wait until people figure out how to get 64GB cards working with the New 3DS.
http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/2j0hcw/new_nintendo_3ds_microsd_card_maximum_capacity/ at first glance it seems like the old process might still work.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMWed Jan 14, 2015 7:46 pm

I like choices, so I'm not very happy that only the New 3DS XL is coming. The other model has those really cool faceplates.

Our New 3DS systems will not have colored buttons, either. Sad

Nintendo Direct reactions thread A503077bae

No AC adapter is really dumb as well.
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMWed Jan 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Marth is now voiced by Yuri Lowenthal
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMThu Jan 15, 2015 2:38 am

Prinny wrote:
I like choices, so I'm not very happy that only the New 3DS XL is coming. The other model has those really cool faceplates.

Our New 3DS systems will not have colored buttons, either. Sad

Nintendo Direct reactions thread A503077bae

No AC adapter is really dumb as well.
Uh, look closer dude, the text is in colour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izljcyvozig I watched this for proof.
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/en/2014/140829.html Japanese press release. They're the same.

And yeah it's obvious that the New 3DS is seen as an "upgrade" for existing users, rather than a new product...Which is more stupid than the Amiibo thing. I can understand making people buy duplicate Amiibo and that being a really filthy marketing decision, but making people buy an AC adapter is insane.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMThu Jan 15, 2015 2:57 am

Can anyone tell me what an Amiibo is/does? I live under a rock.
Back to top Go down
Psypher

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMThu Jan 15, 2015 3:05 am

Am I mistaken or did Nintendo say something like "We are not making a new 3ds system" a couple months ago?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMThu Jan 15, 2015 4:37 am

Considering that the New 3DS was announced back in August? No?

Falcom wrote:
Can anyone tell me what an Amiibo is/does? I live under a rock.
Amiibos use Near Field Communication (extremely short-range wireless) to transfer data to and from certain games. They are figurines that represent a character, and will generally give you something related to that character in the games you use them with. In Mario Kart 8 for example, tapping certain Amiibo on the gamepad will give you costumes for use with Mii racers. Tapping certain Amiibo at Hyrule Warriors' title screen unlocks brand new weapon types like the Spinner, and for all Amiibo that aren't directly supported you will get a random weapon from any of the existing archetypes in-game, this can be done once per day.

In Smash Bros. you are able to customize an AI fighter and store it within the Amiibo; you insert them like any CPU in a regular Smash game and their fighting prowess is based on their level which will increase as they are used, apparently they level up faster when fighting other Amiibo. You can feed them items to permanently customize their stats, and you can change their costume and custom moves. Initially people believed that they "learned" from your play style, but I don't think that's true given what we just learned today about Amiibo storage capacity, unless there's a fixed checklist of behaviours that they can mimmick.

You have to leave the Amiibo on the NFC icon on the gamepad (it's that odd square at the bottom left) for a couple seconds for the data to be loaded or saved at the beginning and ending of the customization or usage process. The New 3DS' NFC communicator is just beneath the touchscreen.

Anyway, watched to whole Nintendo Direct. I find the digital Wii games to be interesting, but annoying that none of the launch titles are ones that supported the classic controller so you have to use the Wiimote and Nunchuck anyway. I'm gonna have to use my existing 64GB 3DS SD card with the Wii U I reckon, once I get a New 3DS...

Splatoon still looks sooo good. Being able to completely customize your squid is really nice, but it's gonna suck playing as a dude considering how totes adorbs the girls' hair tentacles are.

I'm curious if the Majora's Mask pack is gonna be part of the Hyrule Warriors season pass...I would buy it if so, it's a mandatory bundle at that point, but if it's separate I'm gonna be on the fence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpNXhzscjQ This is just so utterly amazing, I'm curious how relevant the game is going to be to Chronicles though.

Project Treasure could be nice but we know virtually nothing about it so whatever. Codename S.T.E.A.M. also looks surprisingly good...Wasn't there a Gamecube game with a similar concept of 3D movement and then attacking with a reticule? And no I'm not talking about Battalion Wars. Future Tactics maybe?
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMThu Jan 15, 2015 12:37 pm

Ty Taiyz for an extremely informative answer, I thought they were just figures of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMThu Jan 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Taiyz wrote:

Uh, look closer dude, the text is in colour.

The text is, not the buttons themselves, like the smaller model has. Nintendo Direct reactions thread F210c7f20a

I realized that even the PAL and Japanese versions have the same buttons as the North American N3DS XL.

I wanted the N3DS for the cool faceplates, so I guess it will be a while before I get one. Hopefully NOA will come to their senses and bring the smaller model out here as well eventually. I already have Xenoblade on the Wii, so I don't really need the handheld version.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMThu Jan 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Yeah, but like I said, the important thing is that for the first time, we're all gonna have identical-looking hardware. I still consider them coloured buttons even if it's just the text.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMSun Jan 18, 2015 12:21 am

Are the screen's bigger or are they the same size as the old XL?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMSun Jan 18, 2015 5:59 am

The screens are identical in size, but the New 3DS XL physically is slightly wider and just the tiniest bit taller and thinner.

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds select "Compare with the Nintendo 3DS XL" if the link doesn't work right.

Edit: This was from the Japanese Nintendo Direct I assume. The game IS coming out here though, under the name Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX, in May I believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWHs7Uyb26o
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMTue Jan 27, 2015 1:13 am

Okay then. Christmas gift for 2015.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMWed Apr 01, 2015 7:50 pm

Did you guys watch it? Several things got me really excited Very Happy Like the Smash Bros part, Attack on Titan and Fire Emblem.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMWed Apr 01, 2015 8:34 pm

Lucas confirmed as DLC for June. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

NEW Fire Emblem 2016? Attack on Titan game?!

*nerdgasm*

Nintendo Direct reactions thread Crono_Victory_ChronoTrigger_
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMWed Apr 01, 2015 9:19 pm

No Star Fox reveal makes me sad. (Oh wait, I still have that Star Fox avatar)

Smash Bros. DLC characters is nice to see, and frankly fell out in the best way possible with bringing back old favorites later without compromising the larger new roster. I liked Splatoon in the abstract, but this is the first time I've watched gameplay for more than a minute, its growing on me. Fire Emblem x Neo MegaDix was exactly what I expected, though frankly a bit more "severely so"; if we didn't have that opening shot of the Pegasus, I'd have never known that's what it was on the trailer alone.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMWed Apr 01, 2015 9:47 pm

So apparently Fire Emblem If will be released as separate versions in japan with a third campaing to be released later and a limited edition with all three included. Explaining the 2016 localization date, as in, waiting for that version containing the three?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMWed Apr 01, 2015 11:48 pm

Thanks for dredging this thread up, I had actually forgotten I made this already.

Okay so excitometer:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/01/nintendo-64-nintendo-ds-games-starting-roll-wii-u-virtual-console/ DONKEY KONG 64 I AM SO READY, OH GODDAMN FINALLY

Now I just need Jet Force Gemini, Mischief Makers and Paper Mario. I wonder if we'll get some obscure titles like Aero Gauge... I'm still waiting on Super Mario RPG but this is good shit.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/01/mario-kart-8-get-new-200cc-racing-class-free-dlc/ This is very cool, but I kinda wish they'd announce more DLC courses and characters. I think that Zero Suit Samus would be amazing in this, perfect for bike fans.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/01/zero-suit-samus-palutena-splatoon-characters-getting-amiibo-figurines/ finally I can get a Zero Suit Samus figure that isn't tainted by Other M. The Wooly Yoshi figures are also pretty neat, I might grab one if they do something cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OANXWpfVZ0 Attack on Titties (has someone made a doujin with that title yet?) coming here care of Atlus is surprising, but welcome.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/01/fatal-frame-black-haired-shrine-maiden-coming-west-year/ this game just looked super dope so I'm really happy it's coming out here. It also features a game mode with Ayane from DoA, which I keep thinking is strange, she's Tecmo's go-to crossover character, appearing in both Ninja Gaiden, Dynasty Warriors and the next Senran Kagura game, usually appearing as a guest character before Kasumi gets a chance, even though Kasumi is the face of DoA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA Fire Emblem x SMT I think looks better than anything any of the fans might've even imagined this game would look like. I'm super impressed.

Pretty great Nintendo Direct all around. I might have to submit a vote for Bayonetta on the Smash Bros. DLC thing.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMThu Apr 02, 2015 1:50 am

I don't know why, but I am really excited about 200cc in Mario kart.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMThu Apr 02, 2015 2:00 am

Taiyz wrote:
Now I just need Jet Force Gemini, Mischief Makers.
This man knows good obscure games.
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMThu Apr 02, 2015 2:25 am

Taiyz wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fS24IxelBA Fire Emblem x SMT I think looks better than anything any of the fans might've even imagined this game would look like. I'm super impressed.

Pretty great Nintendo Direct all around. I might have to submit a vote for Bayonetta on the Smash Bros. DLC thing.

Well I think that fire emblem x smt will be a great game I am trying very hard to find any smt or fire emblem in it. I'm not asking it to be like the first trailer with no original characters but so far it doesn't even seem like a subtle fusion.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMThu Apr 02, 2015 2:37 am

Suikiwiden wrote:
Taiyz wrote:
Now I just need Jet Force Gemini, Mischief Makers.
This man knows good obscure games.

So much yes. Especially for Mischief Makers <3
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaMThu Apr 02, 2015 3:44 am

Well, the main Shin Megami Tensei games generally take place in modern day Japan undergoing an apocalypse, the later titles being more apocalyptic than usual...This seems to be more classic SMT but obviously very up to date. This game appears to have a fixed cast of characters (which some of the older titles had before demons became the focus of the games) but you appear to be able to transform into various Fire Emblem jobs, most notably the Pegasus Knight at the end there.

The battle system definitely seems modern SMT-y but we'll have to see what kinds of Fire Emblem mechanics get incorporated. At the end of the day though, who cares when it looks so goddamn cool?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct reactions thread   Nintendo Direct reactions thread 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct reactions thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next