Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)

Go down 
+35
Naoshi
Abicion
Juanblue85
Tsuki
Zwei.0
King Cat the Sixth
DylDawg
Bo Staff Katana
TalesofHysteria
Harbinger
Venom
Samaël
Rainstorm
Crystal Power
fateoffate
swordandshield
Dcrigg
Falcom
Yume Hanabi
Tenshigami
Suikoden
AzureEdge
Slivendiferious
BlazingFiddlesticks
Lloyzerdk
Taiyz
Yumi-Yumi
Dracos
Zacewing
Meowzy
Hasta_Extermi
Txn
DreamSword
cutepresea
Moontoon
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Sep 22, 2015 9:46 pm

Crystal Power wrote:
So no Berseria at TGS. But seeing how they presented Zestiria's localization there, shows they know their western fanbase is watching, even at Japanese events. So it wouldn't be to far off to assume they want to release Zestiria in the west before making more announcements on Berseria?

Such a different ballgame now then in 2009 or 2010 with Tales in the West, huh? cheers

I bet they announced Berseria really early in development and as long as Zestiria meets their expectations we won't have to worry about a thing overseas. Zestiria released in Japan like 13 months (January 2015) after it was announced (December 2013) in comparison. As of right now I don't expect Berseria to release in Japan in June 2016.

Well perhaps you may need to worry if you don't plan to upgrade to a PS4 by then because they very well may drop the PS3 release overseas. Hell of a lot of JRPG goodness should get you to upgrade though.

Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Sep 23, 2015 3:30 am

TalesofHysteria wrote:
Crystal Power wrote:
So no Berseria at TGS. But seeing how they presented Zestiria's localization there, shows they know their western fanbase is watching, even at Japanese events. So it wouldn't be to far off to assume they want to release Zestiria in the west before making more announcements on Berseria?

Such a different ballgame now then in 2009  or 2010 with Tales in the West, huh?   cheers

I bet they announced Berseria really early in development and as long as Zestiria meets their expectations we won't have to worry about a thing overseas. Zestiria released in Japan like 13 months (January 2015) after it was announced (December 2013) in comparison. As of right now I don't expect Berseria to release in Japan in June 2016.

Well perhaps you may need to worry if you don't plan to upgrade to a PS4 by then because they very well may drop the PS3 release overseas. Hell of a lot of JRPG goodness should get you to upgrade though.

Yes lol. cheers

Seeing the whole fiasco Zestiria had in Japan, they may announced it to give fans something else to look at. With that, they may be more careful on how they market Berseria. One thing I hope they lessen the amount of DLC if not remove it entirely (at least make it free).
Back to top Go down
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Sep 23, 2015 4:08 pm

I think we'll still get lots of costume DLC (Velvet gives me a lot of ideas) but suspicious day 1 story DLC is hopefully gone.
Back to top Go down
Dcrigg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Nov 09, 2015 2:41 pm

Just why the hell are they still not disclosing new updates of Berseria since its first appearance?
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Nov 09, 2015 3:59 pm

because it's probably not coming out for another year or two
Back to top Go down
Dcrigg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Nov 09, 2015 6:13 pm

Samaël wrote:
because it's probably not coming out for another year or two

So then that would mean the development will be longer then previous Tales games
Back to top Go down
Dcrigg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Dec 15, 2015 8:52 am

New updates of TOB finally unveiled

New character who would be the companions

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 Tales-of-Berseria_2015_12-15-15_002.jpg
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Dec 15, 2015 2:40 pm

onee-shota? can't say i don't approve!

Though, why the hell does the kid has something like a slave choker? The black thing really clashes with his design. Also, white knight is so frigging white while Miyamoto Musashi wannabe is colorful. I don't know why's that bugging me so.

So there's the reason for Velvet's bandaged arm. It's no hook but it's sharp and pointy enough, and with the shadow effect of the graphic engine, it's seriously reminiscent to Ovan's Tri Edge. The claw and sword fighting style is probably something like Style Shift of Graces, and the shota-trap plays like Lailah with Cheria's elementals.

Abyssal Chronicles wrote:
The LMBS of the game was also lightly touched on during the release. The battle system will focus more on Free-Run control & free moving camera. All face buttons (Square, Triangle, X & O) can be mapped to artes. It's been noted as well that "Tales of" series is known for its exhilarting speedy battle system and its ease of accessibility for all players, but there is more new features to this system that you can look forward to in the future.
Ahahahaha, they really got the flak with Zestiria's camera. I'm not sure whether focus on Free-Run thing is a good thing though, but when coupled with the emphasis on free moving camera, I'm guessing they wanted to make a more dynamic (possibly gigantic) boss fight that requires you to attack boss's weakpoints (arms/glowing red orb thingy) and dodge bullet hell.

And mapping artes to all face buttons? Well, I've always felt that it's dumb for Triangle to be used for Menu and Start button for pausing when they can combine both in one button, but mapping the Square button too? So there's no guarding in this one, or the button is moved to R2 like the Naruto games?
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Dec 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Aside from the camera, just move the control type switch off L3. That's all I ask.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Dec 15, 2015 6:10 pm

I'm gonna miss Triangle Menu and Square Pause always felt so Tales, but I'm excited for a new kind of system!

I really like young Velvet's design, hope we get it as a costume so I can get rid of her godawful outfit (though the cape is growing on me)

I feel like they're going ham with the slight expy's, white knight guy feels very Flynn and twin knives guy seems very Raven. They do have unique designs though and I'm really happy to see more characters.

I'm really liking Lizardman helmsman, wonder if he's a party member or major NPC? either way like it.

My biggest hope for Berseria is to get some classic storytelling back, Xillia's pace felt very abrupt and scenes never felt fulfilling and Zestiria improved on this a lot but the middle portion felt a bit bare bones in terms of dialogue. The scenes they do show seem a bit promising in that they remind me of Vesperia's scenes, but they really are not much to go on.

They are really going for the full stereotype in the aesthetics of these characters (Full black and red Velvet who has "darkness" full white and blue Lifi who has "light"), I wonder if/hope they'll play into that in an interesting way.

I can't wait to see more of the interface, the sceneries and battle areas look great! I loved the small details like party members commenting on new enemies and giving the info/having little conversations in the enemy info window in Zestiria, I hope small details like that return!

I hope we go back to being able to change the on-screen character, not being able to worked for Zestiria because of the lore, but I hope its not a new direction.

I wonder if Lifi's weapon is his bell collar...LOL (specifically the bell?) I find it interesting that he's playable, I thought he'd be playing an Elle role because he's so young but he's battle competent. Can't wait to see the story behind him!

While Velvet seems very stereotypically dark and brooding, I feel like this trailer let us see more sides of her and I'm pretty excited to get to know her as a main character. I'm really going to enjoy the relationship between her and Lifi I think. (This is going to be probably an obscure reference but it gives me the same vibes as Elsa Bloodstone's relationship with the child in the Secret Wars Marvel Zombies volume) Its a relationship type we've seen a lot in various media, but its always a nice dynamic when played with.

I'm really glad they are giving the camera some attention! I didn't find it as bothersome as most people in Zestiria, but it gets pretty bad and I haven't tried two player.

Weird arm things really creep me out, but this one doesn't have pus or weird holes so its strangely okay with me.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Dec 15, 2015 7:35 pm

ShivKH wrote:
I loved the small details like party members commenting on new enemies and giving the info/having little conversations in the enemy info window in Zestiria, I hope small details like that return!
This, definitely this. Postgame dungeon always felt so barren of character interaction as well as lacking in dialogue, but because of the funny skits when encountering new enemy in Hexen Isle, the party seems more bonded than ever. And they kinda subverted the whole monster recolor thing with Sorey's commenting every single time about how cool the goblin-cannon thing is.

What I hope for Berseria though, is that they keep up with the excellent localized voice acting from Zestiria.

Hopefully with more puns.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Dec 15, 2015 7:36 pm

I like what I saw Smile
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Dec 15, 2015 8:02 pm

I can't quite figure out, is the guy with the big sword on his back the same as the twin knives guy from earlier? I thought so but now I am unsure of his fighting style, perhaps he's classic ninja and uses a variety of weapons.

Also forgot to mention, really like the sound of the music! Really hoping the music is as good or better than Zestiria, it still had some forgettable tracks, but the Go Shiina tracks and the first field map track are pretty great, and a lot of the other themes are pretty appropriate/powerful.

I also really loved that King Cat! Especially Sorey's infatuation with the blasters, the running gags were done well in that game.
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Dec 15, 2015 9:08 pm

The Touken Ranbu Koujaku looks fun. I hope he's playable.

Trailer was nice, I hope we get some info about the new characters soon.
Back to top Go down
Dcrigg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Dec 16, 2015 4:00 am

''Berseria'' comes from Berserk?
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Dec 16, 2015 8:51 am

Dcrigg wrote:

It would fit with the theme of emotion.
Back to top Go down
Crystal Power

Crystal Power

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Dec 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Okay, I love what I saw in the second trailer. I think it's nice to go with the vice versa role of the mature female and child male since it's more common we get the Ludger, Elle cliché. Velvet may become like an older sister to Lifi, helping him become more strong.

About the music, is that Sakuraba composing the 2nd trailers music? It somewhat sound like the new composer who did the new tracks in the Alisha DLC, speaking of which I hope she get's on board of Tales music composing.

Dcrigg wrote:
Very likely, seeing the "berserk" arm Velvet has, and use of devouring others, as if it's against her will.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Dec 17, 2015 10:32 am

Finally got around to watching the trailer. Is that 60 fps? The animation seems strangely smooth for a Tales game, at least early on in the trailer with the werewolf.

I'm fine with 30 fps, but it'd be cool if they actually took advantage of the PS4 (and PC) this time around, since a PS4 version's being developed from the start.

After Zestiria, I'm also super excited for a world with an ocean. Zestiria was supposed to be about the "Zest of Adventure" or whatever yet the world seems so TINY because all the travelling is done on land.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Dec 17, 2015 5:05 pm

New Velvet and Lifiset info

1. I am really super glad to see the return of last names... LOL

2. Lifiset is a "spirit" who are used as slave-type beings in this world, interesting concept. His collar is now creepy.

3. I really like the set-up with the compass, it reminds me a lot of Elle's pocketwatch, but I feel like this will be done better because of its description. "Where it points will help his mind and heart grow" For some reason reminds me of Jack's compass from Pirates of the Caribbean. The compass pointing will probably be something really interesting for Velvet and Lifiset and I'm glad they are keeping up the pirate motif.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Dec 17, 2015 11:55 pm

ShivKH wrote:
2. Lifiset is a "spirit" who are used as slave-type beings in this world, interesting concept. His collar is now creepy.
Yep, knew it. He's a bit too deadpan in the trailer for my comfort, and I've read too much fantasy novel with slaves to imagine what happened.

Though "rescued slave forming bonds/love and become emotional support/raison d'etre for his/her rescuer" trope is a little overused nowadays, I'd still like to see the approach from a female master-male slave point of view.
Back to top Go down
Dcrigg

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Dec 21, 2015 3:36 pm

Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Dec 21, 2015 9:23 pm

Wow those environmental extremes are a breath of fresh air coming off of Zestiria. Also a pleasant surprise to see Beseria making its monsters and sketchy bits so much of its first impression; I am not expecting anything over the line, Tales and all, but after hearing Zestiria harped on for so long about human depravity in the abstract I can hope Beseria's a mite more visceral. Course I still haven't finished the game, so maybe it will surprise me yet whenever it goes off the rails. I do not think the Lizardman is playable, but what a twist that would be!

Also STEAMMMMMMM.  Whatever Zestiria sold it convinced Namco.

Taiyz wrote:
I don't think anybody who creates media really knows how to create a "normal girl."

I mean, you have all these blank slate or milquetoast dudes in anime who get all the girls, but women always "have" to have charm points and personality quirks. You can't just like, genderbend Yuri and call it a day, no, even though that would TOTALLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM, they have to have a personality quirk to generate dat moe.

(I was going to respond to this whenever I had new reason to post, so here we go.)

It is hard to place.  The men are designed to fill niches just as much as the women, and there is nothing inherently problematic in interesting female designs.  Tales, as a media franchise, is just stuck in the hard place of needing characters that can both meet the needs of long, story-heavy games while still being readily available to match cliche costumes in mobile games and draw eyes to Tales magazine covers.  It should be clear enough which of those things is the constraining factor.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Dec 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Yee yee yee, somebody make a new banner.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Dec 21, 2015 10:22 pm

And for once we don't really have anything else to feature, other than the mobile protagonists of Link and Rays LOL. I wish I was graphically inclined I would try something, perhaps Velvet and Lauphicet with Cress/Mint and Sorey/(whoever the person prefers to put)
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Dec 22, 2015 5:44 am

No worries. I'll be making a new banner as soon as we have some more official art from Berseria Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)   Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4) - Page 6 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Tales of Berseria (Ps3 and Ps4)
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next