Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo

Go down 
+6
Tenshigami
Abicion
Falcom
Harbinger
Rainstorm
Taiyz
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sapphie

Sapphie

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Feb 21, 2014 1:03 am

They actually have very similar plots too, both being obviously based on the Norse myth of Ragnarok. Lenneth is a better main character though.

Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Feb 21, 2014 3:31 am

I FIND THAT HARD TO BELIEVE UNSUBTLEGLARE
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Feb 21, 2014 1:31 pm

Sapphie wrote:
They actually have very similar plots too, both being obviously based on the Norse myth of Ragnarok. Lenneth is a better main character though.

Jelanda's left boot is an entirely better character than Lightning. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sapphie

Sapphie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMFri Feb 21, 2014 2:18 pm

The fact that I remember who Jelanda is all these years later goes quite a ways to proving as much. :p
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Feb 23, 2014 1:39 pm

Abicion wrote:
Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 XLtW9XJ

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 TortqXb

What are these?
On watching the video myself, I'm gonna assume that they're prints of fanart. Probably got them from a fan or bought at a convention. I searched some more...It's frustrating, because I feel like I recognize the art style.
Back to top Go down
Sapphie

Sapphie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Feb 23, 2014 7:07 pm

I cleared the main quests yesterday. Now I've got four and a half days of derping round doing sidequests and job board stuff. Trouble is, honestly that's by far the most boring part, but I don't just wanna wait the days out because that seems like a waste.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Feb 25, 2014 3:55 am

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah, this game has elements of Onechanbara in it! Much like the previous XIII games, autobattle is actually disadvantageous (in this game, I deem holding down an attack button "autobattle.") If you time your button presses to coincide with the moment that your weapon connects with an enemy, you deal extra damage on the next hit (it appears to be almost double!) Likewise you can do the same for magic, pressing the button again the instant you cast your current spell.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Feb 25, 2014 6:44 am

Taiyz wrote:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah, this game has elements of Onechanbara in it!
Only Taiyz would think this is a positive selling point.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Feb 26, 2014 12:47 am

It's gonna be really sad when all the videos of this game online are just assholes holding down the attack button. They don't want to force players through a really technical tutorial (it's actually pretty difficult in this game, comparatively) so they just tell you about perfect guarding (because there's an achievement for that) and give you a Datalog entry. Whether people will really experiment and discover that ability will remain to be seen.

And I doubt they will because every FFXIII-2 video I've seen on YouTube is just full of autobattle.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Mar 03, 2014 12:03 pm

Toriyama you arrogant prick...even I can design a better character than you and I'm not even a writer, but I know his poor skills at creating a good main character and him bragging under false pretenses is why I hope a famed writer makes him learn his place and go back to bed with his Lightning dakimakura. I honestly hope we have seen the last of the Lightning milking.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Mar 03, 2014 8:16 pm

The jerk store called and they're all outta you. >=(
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 am

Ranting makes me a jerk, I see!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Mar 04, 2014 2:30 pm

No, but not liking good games does. >=(
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Mar 04, 2014 9:44 pm

Taiyz, you're an admin now, don't try to troll.

Anyways, I didn't necessarily call LRR a bad game but it ultimately only has it's gameplay going for it so I guess that alone bumps it to mediocre?

When I learned how much Toriyama values his "creation", I suspected he got a case of DOCS "DeviantART OC Syndrome"; an unhealthy attachment to your personally created fictional character. All 3 FFXIII games are just one big Lightning fanfic that are better off in the low-rated mess in Fanfiction.net or even DeviantART.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Mar 04, 2014 11:25 pm

I'm not trying to troll in the least, just saying that I disagree with you. Also don't use my "position" as leverage, that's really petty.

I don't know why people make such a huge deal out of the FFXIII trilogy, it's not like there weren't other FF games in the meantime, even though they were mostly spinoffs, remakes and an MMORPG (unfortunately FFXIV blew its chance at the big time by having a mediocre launch, if we got A Realm Reborn to start with it would've sold gangbusters) and you fuckers just got Bravely Default. I think people might've bitched less if we actually got Type-0, personally.

FFXIII-2 even addressed all the gameplay complaints people had about the first game, and don't try telling me that the story of the trilogy isn't as good as previous Final Fantasies, it's all the same stuff at the end of the day.

The people who complain about Toriyama and the attention Lightning is getting are the fucking worst. She definitely played a leading role in FFXIII but the other party members were equally strong characters. She was only a supporting character in FFXIII-2 (hence why the third game being named Lightning Returns is very fitting.) I think that making a semi-action game with Lightning Returns was a pretty good idea, something different from the Kingdom Hearts-style gameplay that FFXV is going with. Personally I think it'd be cool if we could get an actual action-style Final Fantasy title, but the closest we've gotten is with the Mana series.

If you actually play the goddamn games, it has a pretty natural story progression, even if you disagree with some of the twists. I'm not gonna say that FFXIII-2 didn't come outta nowhere, or that the To Be Continued... ending of it didn't suck, but the games all play great, have amazing music and look stunning. What more do you really want?

I mean, it's better that we got FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns instead of something like Dirge of Cerberus. It's kind of a toss-up as to what was worse-received though, these games or FFX-2. I guess people are kind of okay with FFX-2 these days for whatever reason (Wind Waker syndrome, I suppose) so maybe people will come to appreciate FFXIII in time.

At the end of the day, I just really wonder why people think that not having the trilogy would've changed much. We're well aware that FFXV has had a crazy development cycle (and it was supposedly developed by a different group the whole time anyway) so it doesn't seem like the FFXIII games have influenced its development much.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Mar 04, 2014 11:45 pm

Taiyz wrote:
The people who complain about Toriyama and the attention Lightning is getting are the fucking worst. She definitely played a leading role in FFXIII but the other party members were equally strong characters.

...Taiyz, do you read anything besides manga? Toriyama BOASTED about his character development skills in an interview and the reason why FFXIII sold so well in the west and that aggravated me - that comment alone insulted great writers and those who can actually develop good characters.

Lightning's personality? Drier than drywall in a desert. Development through plot? Just about non-existent. She's only "respected" by the asian community because she does stuff her fanbase wouldn't think of doing, therefore making them think she's a strong character. Hardly - because what defines a strong female character nowadays is more and more subjective depending on the culture. Hell, Ellie from The Last of Us, a 14 year old pre-puberscent girl, is stronger than her and that's an individual opinion.  Lightning is being milked not just because of fan demand, but also of Toriyama's arrogance; he is full of himself and he won't acknowledge his flaws, people who get the sense of entitlement recently tend to do this.

I understand you're a fan of the FFXIII games, but you should acknowledge that Lightning is hardly a character worth remembering in the next decade. The FFXIII sequels were brought up last-minute ala fanfic style, I personally believe calling them a trilogy would also be an insult.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Mar 05, 2014 12:14 am

Now you're just throwing out blind insults, if anything I read TOO MUCH shitty gaming journalism.

And you're ignoring the other side of the coin. You're focusing too much on Toriyama, letting his existence get in the way of an amazing series that a large team of talented people has created. That's why I'm focusing on the resulting product, not on a single, loud voice in the dev team.

I'm really not going to argue the character with you because I'm not going to change your opinion, I'm just going to say that I think you're megawrong.
Back to top Go down
Sapphie

Sapphie

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Mar 05, 2014 3:16 am

I agree. Lightning may not be a great, (or even good,) character, but that doesn't mean the game is anything approaching bad. Far from it in fact, from a game design point of view, it is one of the best games Square Enix has come out with in a long time. This coming from someone who hated the original FFXIII on practically every imaginable level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo   Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo - Page 3 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Buccaboo
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3