Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)

Go down 
+8
Falcom
Suikoden
superange128
BlazingFiddlesticks
Txn
Yoh-dono
Hasta_Extermi
DylDawg
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Zacewing

Zacewing

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMMon May 11, 2015 3:02 am

Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMThu May 21, 2015 7:01 am

Getting that. It has a dub. A DUB. HOLY ACID TRIP!!!

We're in the home stretch people. Last episodes of Stardust will be amazing. but the pacing seemed weird as heck. 4 to 5 episodes for DIO's whole fight? It's a 16 chapter battle. DavidPro kinda messed up a bit.

Also, holy shit that Vanilla Ice fight. The animation, the voice acting (Ice has his old VA back, but who'll voice Pucci in Paft 6 anime?), Polnareff's and Iggy's reactions and tension, Cream's deadliness, and the OST. Oh my god. DavidPro is Pro.

ufotable might have the budget and fluidity but DavidPro's JoJo hits right in the emotions, tension,  and excitement. It just shows that a dedicated studio will pour great effort in. It also helps that the source material (unlike Fate) is actually damn good.

I've also been wondering, when Araki kills off main protagonist characters, he doesn't spend a whole lot of time to expand and drag the emotions and reaction to the deaths. The only one i remember being long is
Spoiler:
, and it's not that long either compared to other manga's. He either continues the battles or ends the chapter, while the next chapter is a new arc/foe.

But instead of dismissing the death, I feel it has the opposite effect to the reader. The reader (or I, since it's what i felt), realizes that one of the group member/friends is gone. Never coming back. Has ridden his Last train. The group will never be the same again. This makes me feel emotional towards each the Jojo groups
Spoiler:
. Araki doesn't need to draw/write more content where the surviving characters lament his character's death. He writes the characters and fights in a very personal manner that the journey and the times you've seen and read that character are enough to stir the emotions and the realizations. It also helps that Araki makes his characters and their groups are very entertaining and memorable.

Araki is an example where a Shounen (or Seinen. SBR is part Shounen and Seinen) doesn't need to draw out emotional stuff. He stirs your emotions just by writing his characters and fights in a very entertaining and characteristic manner. Long live our immortal vampire author.

This mostly refers to deaths in fights.

FUTURE PARTS SPOILERS. STOP READING. THIS MEANS YOU FALCOM/ALEX. DON'T RUIN ARAKI'S BRILLIANCE BY BEING CURIOUS.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zacewing

Zacewing

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMTue May 26, 2015 12:49 am

I was expecting 5 or 6 episodes for Dio's whole fight because every other fight has been 2 episodes pretty much, and Dio's is a lot longer.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMFri May 29, 2015 9:51 pm

Welp. Everything about DIO is glorious.

Too bad they skipped the pedestrian drive through. Which means they skipped Wally.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 7:57 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 8:08 pm

Someone linked this to me and I figured you nerds would get a kick out of it. Also I'm pretty excited about the DVD release, I'm guessing this is like 5cm Per Second where CrunchyRoll commissioned the dub from Bang Zoom and another company publishes it (Bandai previously, but they're not longer with us.)
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMFri Jun 12, 2015 3:38 pm

Well, my pants are wet now.

David Pro confirmed best anime studio of all time.

Just watched the episode. Everything is wet. All is wet.

My God, the DIO episodes is as good as the whole anime. Holy damn.
Back to top Go down
AzureEdge
✧Chromatus✧
AzureEdge

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMFri Jun 12, 2015 6:22 pm

Oh my, there's a Jo-jo thread here?
I love Jo-jo's bizarre adventure, it's one of the best anime's I've seen ever.
I've skipped around arcs, so I've watched up the last of Joseph, and the begginning of Joseph. I need to catch up sooner or later, haha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.wattpad.com/user/AzureEdge7
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMSun Jun 21, 2015 3:52 am

See us JoJo!
That was a great ride.
ORAORAORAORAORAORA
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMSat Sep 26, 2015 2:41 am

So the 2012 anime series is finally out on DVD in America. Easily one of the best dubs I've ever heard, I'm super impressed. They went the Baccano! route of having people do British accents since it takes place in London, and surprisingly Bosch knocks it out of the fucking park. Patrick Seitz of course is perfect as Dio. David Vincent acts as the narrarator and as usual is super smooth coolguy.

Joseph is gonna be voiced by Ben Diskin and Richard Epcar which sounds amazing, Diskin was fantastic as Death Gun. Stardust Crusaders had this weird 3-episode stream on CrunchyRoll a year or so ago, hopefully they keep the same actors because Matthew Mercer was voicing Jotaro which is another fantastic choice.

Last edited by Taiyz on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMMon Sep 28, 2015 1:30 pm

Gotta have to watch the dub sometime. I've liked what I heard. But I also read that one of the most faced characters didn't get to scream beautifully for his role (SEKAIICCCCHHHIIIIIIIIII).

You mean Joseph right? I can hear the Numbuh One in his voice hahaha.

Also reproduction of the Crazy Diamond and Josuke Higashkita action figures on amiami. Crazy D being one of my fave stands in power and design....I preordered that figure asap. Already got Josuke, so he finally has a stand coming next year! Also need PolPol for Silver Chariot sometime.

Speaking of the Medicos figures, the Jonathan one is extremely satisfying and HUGE.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 KZFzJ4Q
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMMon Sep 28, 2015 8:22 pm

Yeah I meant Joseph, edited as such. Speedwagon is also really cool, they give him a lot of slang terms and Britishisms to keep his dialogue fresh since he's essentially the cheer squad and keeps talking during fights.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMSat Oct 24, 2015 11:55 am

Part 4, Diamond is Unbreakable, confirmed for anime.

Anime is saved again. GUREATO DAZE. BEST STANDS AND BEST VILLAIN TO BE ANIMATED.

AHHHHHHHHHHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMSat Oct 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaMThu Sep 29, 2016 1:36 am

So Viz secured the blu-ray rights to JoJo in addition to the streaming rights they already had earlier this year.

They're not sure if they'll be able to use the exact same dub that WB commissioned for their DVD release of parts 1-2, but they are using the same cast from the three-episode test dub for Stardust Crusaders that Bang Zoom did years ago, and Bang Zoom dubbed parts 1-2. Yes, apparently they will be dubbing Diamond is Unbreakable as well, and JoJo will be airing on Toonami starting this October.

Despite the accents in the part 1-2 dub, it seems they've done away with them just because there's no way they'd do that for all the Japanese characters. People are putting on their tinfoil hats and suggesting that Joseph's years in America took the British accent out of him, but alas the clip at the end of Battle Tendency kinda busts that theory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlLHs7RoorU Epilogue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9wmtr8ZUM new Stardust Crusaders dub footage from AX2016.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)   JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/) - Page 4 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Manga/Anime/Game/Poses/)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4