Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ace Attorney series

Go down 
+4
Tenshigami
DreamSword
GroundhogDay
Meowzy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Meowzy

Meowzy

Ace Attorney series Empty
PostSubject: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 6:46 am

Because this is a series we clearly need to discuss some more. Wright Versus Layton is gonna be localized, after all, and Investigations 2 has a fan translation patch that's being rounded up. ...With translation playthroughs up on Youtube, I'm pretty sure.

Plus, Dual Destinies.

What are our hopes for the series? What are our dreams? Did Gumshoe get to be chief of police? Will we ever see Wendy Oldbag again? Ladders or stepladders? Discuss!
Back to top Go down
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 10:14 am

Don't know what to expect for the future but I really hope that 3DS collection makes it overseas, I could finally play the original trilogy without buying them all separately and used.

Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright is probably my second most anticipated 3DS game for the upcoming year. Then again there are only two 3DS games I'm looking forward to so far.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 12:52 pm

Hey man, Ace Attorney is my schtick! >80

But yeah, I do hope they announce a US version for Phoenix vs Layton soon. I would just import it otherwise, but, you know, 3DS region locking.

GroundhogDay wrote:
Don't know what to expect for the future but I really hope that 3DS collection makes it overseas, I could finally play the original trilogy without buying them all separately and used.

Or you could get the WiiWare versions, which are actually better than the DS ones as they don't have that stupid mechanic where it kicks you back to the main menu everytime you save. Not to mention, it being based off of the iOS Collection, well... https://i.imgur.com/T62nbpS.jpg
Back to top Go down
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Eh, I'm sure it'll be fine....maybe? But I'd prefer the handheld versions anyway, and I'm close to retiring my Wii after beating a few more games. Doesn't help I'm at school most of the year so I wouldn't be able to use it much anyway. There's no need to worry anyway, this is Capcom we're talking about so they probably wont even bring it out of Japan.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Capcom is actually pretty good at localizing things. Heck, the only reason we didn't get Edgeworth 2 was due to unfortunate timing, as the DS was on its last legs and the original team had split ways.

I do hope for more DLC in Dual Destinies. Would love to have the Hobo Phoenix outfit. Granted, the cameo it made in the game itself was great, but even so.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Calling it now. Capcom will release the 3DS port of the collection digital-only in the west, splitting it up into the three games purchased individually. Because reasons.
Back to top Go down
SoryuAleksi

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Yaaaay, Ace Attorney~ I still need to buy Dual Destinies, but I feel so uneasy about the stupid 3DS download system, like, I don't trust it to not break down at some point and eat my expensive game... -_-" I don't think they changed their "download is bound to individual DS and if it goes boom tough luck" policy, did they...? ô_o

I want the vs. Layton game SO badly. It can only be completely hilarious and amazing. xD
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
Calling it now. Capcom will release the 3DS port of the collection digital-only in the west, splitting it up into the three games purchased individually. Because reasons.

Considering they didn't do that for the original iOS version, it's doubtful that they'd split it up. Now, if they decided to just put the original DS versions up on eShop instead, that's a different story.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMMon Feb 03, 2014 7:25 pm

DreamSword wrote:
I do hope for more DLC in Dual Destinies. Would love to have the Hobo Phoenix outfit. Granted, the cameo it made in the game itself was great, but even so.
Is this a thing that exists in the Japanese version? I have to admit, I have no clue how much more content the Japanese got.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMTue Feb 04, 2014 12:44 am

Meowzy wrote:
DreamSword wrote:
Is this a thing that exists in the Japanese version? I have to admit, I have no clue how much more content the Japanese got.
We have everything Japan has at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Meowzy

Meowzy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMTue Feb 04, 2014 8:04 am

Then, it's up to Japan to make hobo!Phoenix a thing!
Back to top Go down
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMTue Feb 04, 2014 4:10 pm

I still need to finish dual destinies, but I want that AAI2 fan translation patch sooo badly ;-;
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
Colour

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMTue Feb 04, 2014 8:22 pm

DreamSword wrote:
We have everything Japan has at the moment.
Actually, that's not correct. The Turnabout Quizzes never got localized due cultural difficulties.

The staff additionally said there's no more plans for more dlc, so better hope for the next or something.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMSat Feb 08, 2014 11:12 pm

Nice to see Attorney x Layton finally happening and getting localized.

I have a weird, weird, run with the series as far as how I've played it, but lacking a DS, 3DS, and newer iOS device, my best outlet to finish it is probably the Wiiware versions. I guess Capcom guessed there was some strange gap in the market like where I stand and decided to fill it.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMSun Mar 09, 2014 2:20 am

The fan translation of Edgeworth 2 just released a patch that has 3 of the cases translated. The game is almost done!
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaMWed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney series   Ace Attorney series 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Ace Attorney series
Page 1 of 1