Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hyperdimension Neptunia Series

Go down 
+5
TalesofHysteria
Tenshigami
Falcom
Taiyz
Emil12345
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Emil12345

Hyperdimension Neptunia Series Empty
PostSubject: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMSun Aug 17, 2014 12:06 am

Ever play Idolm@ster? What if it were applied to Hyperdimension Neptunia? It gets this. Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection. Trophies are kinda easy to obtain. But Gold trophies are hard. Best option (Especially for True Ending), go through one type of activity for each idol. I played through it three times. Only got 95% activity scenes and will go through each one to have 100%.

This is the second latest game in the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, after Re;Birth 1 was released almost a week ago. soon to be third after the release of Sisters Generation.

Anyway, This thread is to discuss the series as a whole.

Let's start by going back in time to 2011 with the original Hyperdimension Neptunia. (I'm surprised no one has made a Hyperdimension Neptunia timeline)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Series Hyperdimension_Neptunia_PS3_box_art

Hyperdimension Neptunia:
The story takes place in Gamindustri where four Goddesses, Black Heart (Playstation 3), White Heart (Wii), Green Heart (Xbox 360) and Purple Heart (Sega) are fighting amongst themselves. The former three Goddesses gang up on Purple Heart and she gets booted out. She lands in Planeptune and meets Compa and IF and together they search for the Key Fragments and save Histoire, a tome. Along the way they come across Arfoire, the one behind a series of dramatic events that I won't spoil.

Each Character has their own unique Dungeon Skill, and the combo customization where you get to make your own combos is cool. Though the battle system was really, clunky for lack of a better word. But it's one of my favories.

The characters roster includes Neptune, the fun loving protagonist who is never limited to four walls, Compa, a crybaby big boobed nurse, IF, the cynical snarker, Black Heart (Noire) A Tsundere, White Heart (Blanc) a girl with a short temper and swears a lot, Green Heart (Vert), a 4b whose' smarter than she looks and is such a hardcore gamer she makes all other gamers cry in shame. I mean she plays games for 150 hours a week.

Everyone on here: Oh my Gosh! We are so not worthy!

Oh and 4b is Blonde-haired, Blue-eyed, Big-boobed, Bimbo.

Among others are Nisa, the heroine of justice with the same berserk button as Etna from Disgaea, Gust, an expert alchemist with a love of money, 5pb, a musician with issues and RED a girl who hunts for wifeys.

Judge: Why does she hunt wifeys?

Phoenix: Did you really just go there?

This game has full of references to video games of the past. For example: Princess Pear is based on Princess Peach, the moving colored boxes is a reference to Tetris, S. R. A. T. S., Resident Evil. There's also Street Fighter, Punch Out, Blue Dragon, Dragon Ball Z, etc.

And this is just the beginning.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Series HyperdimensionNeptuniaMk2

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2:
This story is more darker and somewhat serious than the first game. For starters, a group who call themselves the Arfoire Syndicate of International Crime has basically conquered Gamindustri by having the people believe in Arfoire rather than the 4 Goddesses. So it's up to Nepgear, Neptune's little sister, to save the 4 Goddesses and bring peace to Gamindustri. But she can't do it alone. Joing her are Compa and IF from the first game along with Uni, Noire's little sister, Rom and Ram, who happen to be Blanc's little twin sisters, Nisa, Gust, 5pb. and two new characters Falcom, an adventuress whom Blanc admires, and Cave, whose special move is eye-candy, along with the four Goddesses themselves.

Bad guys consist of Linda, whom everyone calls Underling similar to the Disgaea character Midboss, Pirachu, a rat, Arfoire herself and the four felons. Judge, a frustrated machine who wants to destroy stuff, Trick, a guy who makes pedophiles look like saints, Brave, Santa Clause only evil and the coolest looking bad guy ever and Magic, the leader and the only girl in the roster.

Gameplay is much different than the first game, for one thing, in battle, you can actually move. And the dungeons are fully explorable.

If you're going to play this game, follow this ending pattern:

1. Conquest
  2. Maker
  3. Normal
  4. Planeptune
  5. Lastation
  6. Lowee
  7. Leanbox
  8. True

And what is this game without humor, whether it's Trick and his weird obsession wiith Rom and Ram, Neptune saying "What the Goodness?" all the time or Chika and her Vert love, you can't help but laugh in this game. But if you're going for the Conquest ending, the laughing stops and turns to sorrow. However:
True Ending:
Oh and before I forget, Uni is as stubborn as Noire, Rom is quiet and Ram is "Ram"bunctious.

And the quotes:
Gust: "Problem obvious to anyone with brain. When only males in audience, no need for male idol groups."
Chika: "You can be such a party pooper Cave."
Blanc: "THE ALOD CHRISTIN?!"

Man. But if you thought it was over there, you thought wrong.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Series HyperdimensionNeptuniaVictory

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory:
A sequel to a sequel, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory improved so much from mk2. For starters, once again Neptune's the star. And due to an unknown force, she is transported to the Ultradimension. Basically, it's the Gamindustri of the 1980's. Where Lowee rules all and Michael Jackson is still alive. Now Neptune must find a way back home with the help of Noire, who looks totally different and Plutia, an adorable girl who happens to be AHHHHHH DEATH! A.k.a Iris Heart, a girl whose so sadistic, she would make ecchi antagonists (Which are mostly males) CRY LIKE LITTLE BABIES! Neptune also teams up with this dimensions Blanc, who now looks like a shrine maiden, and Vert, who cries like a little baby when she loses, which is not fitting for her image. Nepgear, Uni, Rom and Ram also return along with a new girl, Peashy, who turns into Yellow Heart and has boobs bigger than Vert.

Blanc: "Dammit... Shes only showin' those off because she knows they're frickin' huge...!"

Plus there are Nine new DLC Characters. First are younger versions of IF and Compa, the former of which gets traumatised after seeing Iris Heart "Play" with Arfoire, Broccoli, who looks adorable and has goofy expressions but also a sharp toung, Cyberconnect 2 who looks like a cat and can go feral when her friends are hurt, MAGES. who is a living Steins;Gate and Robotics Notes reference, Both the Past and Present Falcom's, Tekken, a martial artist who, despite having a masochistic personality, is stronger than she looks and my favorite (In my opinion) Marvelous AQL who is the living embodiment of Senran Kagura. She's ninja girl with big boobs, a happy personality, a tragic backstory and some similarities similar to the five protagonists of Senran Kagura.

What's a game without villians? Boring. Among the villains are Arfoire, who now serves as an underling, Pirachu, What the how did he oh my huh? Copypaste, a loud robot who loves to smash stuff, Abnes, who may have inspired the ESRB rating, Mr. Badd, a businessman, Annonydeath, a weird guy with the heart of a maiden, and the leader Rei Ryghts, who was the original Goddess based on Atari.

In terms of gameplay it's a dungeon crawler, however not only can you jump in dungeons, but in battle the AP system is dead.

One thing that bothered me was the Challenges. It is the reason why I haven't finished the game yet, not even on my first playthrough. Two challenges in particular are "Cowardly Failure" and "That was Practice". Cowardly Failure is where you have to essentially fail at running away a certain number of times. That was Practice is by far the Satan incarnation of all challenges. Basically you have to miss hitting an enemy a certain number of times, specifically 25,000. I am currently doing this with Nepgear now before I go after Vert. Once I finish this, Vert's, Present Falcom's, IF and Compa's, then I can move on.

And the humor is just what you'd expect:

Noire: "I AM GOING TO LOWEE."
Neptune: "Players! H-Hit that square button, pronto! Save us and skip this!"
Copypaste: "WHAT?! Am I supposed to keep my identity a secret?"

Finally Victory is one game that is highly recommended. Don't listen to critics, listen to an actual gamer.

Next up, the game that was the spawn of this thread:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 1398621488_hyperdimension-neptunia-producing-perfection-vita_boxart

Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection:
Screw you critics, I like this game. Some of you think this game is too easy. I say "Who freaking cares?!" Like what Supermario RPG did for Mario, this game takes Neptune, Noire, Blanc and Vert out of their RPG comfort zone and drop them into the world of idols.

Apparently an idol group called MOB48 is making the people worship them instead of the 4 Goddesses. To rectify this problem, they decide to become idols and call forth you to be their producer. (It would be funny if you had a "P" for a head). You become the producer of either Neptune, Noire, Blanc or Vert and do idol stuff, from having lessons to publicity events to performing concerts. Reach the top and the game's over, stress them out enough, bad.

Gameplay is similar to Idolm@ster. Each idol will; require two playthroughs to see all their events.

Need a break from the RPG's, this is for you.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Series ReBirth_1_Coverart

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1:
Finally, we come to the last game on the list and one of the newer ones not to be published by NIS America, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1. Essentially, like what Pokemon FireRed and Pokemon LeafGreen did for Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue, This game is a remake of the original. The only difference? It's actually good. Well, most of the dialogue has been changed from the original and Nisa, Gust, 5pb and Red aren't in it but those are minor nitpicks. Okay a major one I have is the intro where the dialogue was changed. But should it matter? Also, I kinda get what they were going for with the whole glasses thing.

Plutia, Peashy and even Histoire are playable characters as well with DLC. And, (If anyone ever played Kingdom Hearts re;Chain of Memories), like Zexion, Histoire uses the tome she rides on as a weapon. Green Scorpion should come up with a top 10 Book Master list for Weapons month 3.

The old voice actors from the first game return to reprise their roles which is good. Gameplay follows the Victory formula, hopefully they don't have challenges and thank the big man in Heaven we FINALLY have a full set Grand Processor Units which includes Grand Core and Shoulder units. But in honesty I can't wait to see if this game delivers. But it''s weird, isn't a remake supposed to be exactly like the original in terms of dialogue.

Re;Birth 2 sisters generation is coming soon in early 2015 but still no clue on the Noire game or Victory II.

Here, some videos: I'll just post two:

Kitsune Hawk's Top 10 Hyperdimension Neptunia Characters

Funny moments.

So, let's talk.

Edit:

Hyperdimension Neptunia Series Ps-vita-hyperdimension-neptunia-rebirth2-sisters-generation

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation

Since Idea Factory and Compile Heart are remaking the original games, up next is a remake of the second game, called Re;Birth2 Sister's Generation since it is the little sister's time to shine. Once again, Nepgear is the star and like the original she must stop Asic. Changes inclide the fact Linda is called Underling without being called Linda, judge and Brave have their own conversation artwork, no more 3d conversations, Nisa and Gust are replaced by Red, who returned after a long hiatus and Broccoli respectively. Plus, did you want MAGES. to be in this game? Yes, yes you did. However, she is replaced by her relative 5pb. Tweaks here and there like no AP, some dialogue was changed, plus one thing that I like. Remember the Conquest ending? Well Compile Heart and Idea Factory are sick and tired of hearing complaints about this ending and said "Look! We're tired of the fact you guys were traumatized. Will an alternate end of this ending make you happy?" Well it did. Enter the Holy Sword Ending.
Holy Sword:
This was an improvement over the original. Plus, not only do you get to use Marvy, Tekken and Cybercon again, we get to play as the Oracles when proper conditions are met. Also, there's Stella Dungeon. Aka, more goodies.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Series Ps-vita-hyperdevotion-noire-goddess-black-heart

Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart

Well, we all wanted this. Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart. In this game Noire calls Shotgun and is the lead. Makes me wonder if there will be a Hyperdevotion Blanc, Goddess White Heart and Hyperdevotion Vert, Goddess Green Heart. This game takes a twist. This time around, they are chibis and it plays like Fire Emblem or Disgaea. You move your character on a grid. In this game, Noire takes charge and is made leader and must reunite her generals to save the new Gamarket. You take on the role of her secretary and Noire gets into some hilarious situations with her generals. Aside from the goddesses, new DLC adds Compa, IF, Tiara from Fairy Fencer F and Sting, a girl who ain't right. As for the generals or Gamesonas, each of them is a personification of a game franchise. Think Tekken multiplied by 18. We have characters like Resta, whose curious about where babies come from based on Record of Agarest War, Lee-Fi based on Street Fighter, and Generia G from the Gundam franchise. The challenge system returns except this time it's more forgiving. The challenges are complete once you reach level 5 and no That Was Practice challenge.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Series Hyperdimension-neptunia-u-action-unleashed-2015-04-03-11

Well, the men REALLY wanted this. Hyperdimension Neptunia U Action Unleashed. In this game it's Hyperdimension Neptunia meets Dynasty Warriors or Hyrule Warriors with a hint of Senran Kagura. Like I said, this game has the hack and slash style of games like Dynasty Warriors, Sengoku Basara and Hyrule Warriors. However, like MarvelousAQL, their clothes can get damaged and torn, and we relive "I AM NOT YOUR ASSISTANT!" Players can choose from up to ten playable characters. Kinda meager but then again Producing Perfection only allowed us to choose 4 characters for one story. The playable characters are Neptune, Noire, Blanc, and Vert (of course) along with Nepgear, Uni, Rom and Ram. I mean Noire had no problems showing off her body in her own game. Also two chirper characters make the cut: Dengekiko and Famitsu (Janice Kawaye) and they get in on the action. With a variety of battle styles and fun things to do, Neptunia U is for U.

Re;Birth 3 is being released this summer in America and Victory II is being released April 23rd in Japan so expect that game to come out by the holidays.

Last edited by Emil12345 on Mon May 18, 2015 10:09 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMSun Aug 17, 2014 3:25 am

I never bothered to ask Falcom but the thought just popped into my head, but is the game dubbed?
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMSun Aug 17, 2014 8:20 am

Yes it is. It was just released on June 3rd this year in North America. And yes, it has English Voices.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMSun Aug 17, 2014 2:12 pm

100%!!! ... takes a while.

LONG LIVE THE PRODUCER!

But yeah Taiyz, it has dual audio like all other HDN games.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMSun Aug 17, 2014 8:42 pm

It just seemed unlikely given that it involves singing, but I think every character is voiced by Christina Vee so it probably works out, right?
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMSun Aug 17, 2014 11:44 pm

@ Falcom: That's what I just said. Also, I got 100% of All of Neptune's events and now I'm working on Noire, then Blanc, then Vert in this order: Bad ending first, then good, then true.

@ Taiyz: I do not mean to sound mean but you probably never played a Hyperdimension Neptunia game before. In fact, some of these characters have voices you're probably familiar with, at least the four main ones:

Neptune/Purple Heart: Melissa Fahn who voiced Anise from Tales of the Abyss
Noire/Black Heart: Erin Fitzgerald who voiced Ion/Sync/Florian also from Tales of the Abyss
Blanc/White Heart: Wendee Lee, who voiced Aqua from DotNW, Nan from Vesperia and Young Richard from Graces and Graces F.
Vert/Green Heart: Tara Platt who voiced Raine Sage in DotNW and Karla Outway from Xillia.

Nepgear: Christine Marine Cabanos
Uni: Sarah Williams
Rom: Erika Lenhart
Ram: Shelby Lindley

Me, like I told Falcom, I got all of Neptune's events and now I'm on Noire.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMMon Aug 18, 2014 12:20 am

I was making fun of NISA's usual suspects.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMMon Aug 18, 2014 12:47 am

Well, in your defense, Christina Vee voiced Compa, so... There's that.

You have this game? I recommend starting with the original, or the remake of the first game coming out next Tuesday. But try to find the original for the PS3. Next, Mk2, then Victory, then Producing Perfection.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMMon Aug 18, 2014 2:22 pm

The songs are Japanese only just to let you know, forgot to mention that.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMMon Aug 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Hello, I started the thread, care to let me in on the conversation?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMMon Aug 18, 2014 8:38 pm

Falcom wrote:
But yeah Taiyz, it has dual audio like all other HDN games.

Also that really sucks.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMMon Aug 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Hey, it worked for most games.

And if anyone cares about my progress, got Noire's bad ending and am working for Noire's good ending. I'll keep you guys posted.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMMon Aug 18, 2014 11:36 pm

Yeah it's best to get the bad ends out of the way, as well as the stress events.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMMon Aug 18, 2014 11:39 pm

Falcom wrote:
Yeah it's best to get the bad ends out of the way, as well as the stress events.

I know, right. Say, Have you played any of the Neptunia games?

And: this is the closest we'll ever get to playing an Idolm@ster-esque game in English. I mean, the Idolm@ster games, anime and anime spin-off: no English version. But that's beside the point. Don't forget to max those stats.

And I'm getting the Publicity and Recording events out of the way. Maybe I'll do an Ad Campaign event or two.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMMon Aug 18, 2014 11:43 pm

I have beaten all 3, with Victory being my favorite.
PP was alright, while dry at times it was enjoyable and had me cracking up at some scenes.

I am really looking forward for Re:Birth though, FALCOM CHWAAAN ~ <3
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 1:08 am

Did you always go for the normal endings first. Conquest route: Worst. ending. ever!
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 1:12 am

I got plat on Victory so I got all 3 ends. As for Mk2 I only did human, normal, and conquest.  CONQUEST IS SO EVIL. I feel so bad for Rom and Ram ;__;

I usually went for True Ends first btw aside from Mk2
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 1:14 am

I bet by now you should work on the four extended endings. By the time you have the Leanbox ending, you should meet the requirements for the True Ending in Mk2.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 1:22 am

I am actually waiting for Re:Birth2 before I play mk2 again haha atm would rather beat new games like Xillia 2, though thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 1:42 am

As for me, I got all the endings for the first one and Mk2. I'm currently working on Blanc's "That Was Practice" Challenge before proceeding. Then I have to do that challenge for Nepgear and Vert before finishing Chapter 4, then because I got the Compa and IF DLC I have to do that for them too and since it's my first playthrough, I'm going for the Normal ending.

And in Prod Perfection, just got Noire's Normal ending. So far:
93% Key events (Last is true ending), 97% SP events, 81% Activity Events, 91% Day Off Events and 100% Love events for Noire.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Bump:

Sorry, YCM Habit. Anyway.

Update: Took me three playthroughs but I got 100% on all Noire events. 2 down, 2 to go, halfway done. Next is Blanc.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMThu Aug 28, 2014 7:54 pm

Nice!

Also, who else got Re;Rebirth 1?
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMThu Aug 28, 2014 7:59 pm

Falcom wrote:
Also, who else got Re;Rebirth 1?
Still waiting for mine to ship - looks like Amazon's gonna group some of my orders together.

Also I managed to nab the LE, but considering how few copies of that there were I likely won't ever be opening this LE. lol
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMThu Aug 28, 2014 9:57 pm

Did you see the price that thing is going for?
About $400+!!!! Sell it. Pls.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaMThu Aug 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Hahaha people are just being dicks. It was handled horribly and it was only available for like 3 minutes before it sold out because they only made 1,000 of them (seriously wtf IFI). I nabbed mine as soon as I could with 1-Click but I noticed afterward they had for some reason changed the limit so you could by THIRTY AT ONCE.... yeah this thing's gonna be all over ebay now and the people that actually WANTED one won't have gotten one.

I imagine once they all flood ebay the price will start going down, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyperdimension Neptunia Series   Hyperdimension Neptunia Series 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Hyperdimension Neptunia Series
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next