Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold

Go down 
+2
Prinny
Falunel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Falunel

Falunel

Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold Empty
PostSubject: Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold   Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold 07v2DaMFri Feb 21, 2014 9:36 pm

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/13/zero-escape-creator-kotaro-uchikoshi-talks-fate-series/
Quote :
If you played Virtue’s Last Reward, you’re probably awaiting the next game in the Zero Escape series. Directory and story writer Kotaro Uchikoshi went on Twitter to talk to fans about what’s going on with Zero Escape 3.

"First, I appreciate from the bottom of my heart to the users who played 999 or VLR. Thank you very much! I have received the messages of encouragement or cheer from many users so far. I am really glad and happy. I offer my deepest thanks!

Well… I guess you have been curious about ZE3. In conclusion, unfortunately, I have to say that it is difficult to realize it "at this stage" yet, although we have done all we can. If possible, I’d not like to inform you of the news like this. But I decided to reveal it honestly.

A lot of budget is needed to make ZE series. We have to persuade the managers in order to obtain it. The managers know that ZE series is especially valued by many users outside Japan. Some of them think that they want to make a sequel just as we wish. But, "in Japan", 999 and VLR are in the red. They are not selling more than people think.

I’m so sad, but all the companies exist for profit-making purposes. If the profits can’t be expected, naturally, the project isn’t approved.
We were not able to present a convincing reasonable basis to the managers. Of course, I can declare with confidence, "The next title will certainly get into the black!" However, it’s not considered that the word have credibility. It does not become the cause of green light. I am very sorry to all the users who are expecting ZE3. I feel ashamed of my own inadequacies. BUT! please remember. I wrote "at this stage". If the situation changes, ZE3 might be capable of being realized!

I still haven’t given up. For example, if the title which I make next bring about a good result, the wind might shift to another direction. Or, if someone with executive ability (financer, producer, publisher or millionaire!) propose the investment, everything could go well. If there is an great investor who thinks "Virtue is its own reward", I wish him/her to send me a message. If you know such a wonderful person, please induce him/her to cooperate. (Although we also examined crowd-funding like Kick Starter, we figured the idea is not quite persuasive enough…) I believe there is still hope. ZE3 will definitely be released somehow, someday! I will continue to seek a way out in cooperation with Allies. So, I would appreciate it if you could wait until then. Thank you!"

Spike Chunsoft is the creator of the Zero Escape series is also the developer of Conception II and Danganronpa. In Japan, Danganronpa is a breakout hit with an anime series and a new Vita game in development. NIS America just released the first game in North America. Spike Chunsoft’s other major business is localizing Western games like Saint’s Row IV and Terraria for Japan.

I don't own the games myself, but my brother owns VLR, and we played part of it together. Reading this article felt like getting socked in the gut. =/ Though I have a lot of respect for Uchikoshi for being honest to the series' fans and not giving up.

I really hope things pull though.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold   Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold 07v2DaMSat Feb 22, 2014 3:13 am

I'm glad they're not going to try making a new game in the series via Kickstarter. Its really overdone at this point.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold   Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold 07v2DaMSat Feb 22, 2014 3:26 am

Except there's nothing wrong with the concept of Kickstarter.

So Danganropna's a hit in Japan, but Virtue's Last Reward isn't? Aren't they pretty similar mechanically, and both really well-written? Is Japan actually THAT obsessed with high school protagonists?
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Admin
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold   Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold 07v2DaMSun Feb 23, 2014 1:28 am

Prinny wrote:
I'm glad they're not going to try making a new game in the series via Kickstarter. Its really overdone at this point.

It's mainly because they can't use Kickstarter as a Japanese company, they'd need an US branch or something similar. Someone told them about Indiegogo and they're apparently looking into it.
Back to top Go down
Silvered Fox

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold   Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold 07v2DaMSun Mar 16, 2014 11:15 am

I am personally holding out for that someday. Uchikoshi wants to finish telling this story, and even if it takes years... well I have a friend who held out for 7 years for the last Golden Sun game (though in that case it wasn't something that was planned as a trilogy or expected) Said friend being the one who got me into 999 so perhaps patience just came with the fandom for me.

One way or another I don't want to give up the hope that the story will be told. There is so much that we want to know at this point. I'll be holding my breath and enjoying the existence of the first two games for now, and attempting to find fans of the series to chatter to while waiting. All that can be done at this point (aside from the various fan support attempting to showcase that it IS appreciated, and well loved here)

Unless it starts selling better in Japan, because it IS a Japanese company I can see where they are coming from with their marketing viewpoint. It's harsh because the story is only 2/3 of the way done, because of the way it was laid out, so the only thing I can see being effective enough for them not to have to take a chance on it, is to allow a kickstarter type thing, but again that is a bit.... hard. How does that even work? I'm not sure how Japanese companies tend to look at options like that in the first place.

Ah and I ramble. But seriously I do hope to see it someday, some way. There are so many unanswered questions. But I want to see it done RIGHT with the finish that it deserves.
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold   Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold 07v2DaMSun Mar 16, 2014 7:13 pm

And then I will write a fanfic about it.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold   Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Zero Escape series (999, Virtue's Last Reward) on hold
Page 1 of 1