Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Psp Vita slim - advice?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

Psp Vita slim - advice? Empty
PostSubject: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaMTue May 06, 2014 5:00 am

Got an offer to buy a japanese Vita slim with a 64 GB memory card for what would be around 306 USD. Is that a good deal? .__. I can change menues and stuff to english, right?

Also I read I can't use my old PSP games on a Vita, which sucks. Apparently there will be digital versions of old games, though? Does anyone know how many games are available? I'm mostly interested in JRPGs, and it'd be cool if I could get rid of my old Psp if I got this one.
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaMTue May 06, 2014 10:21 am

Brand new Vitas cost $200 out here, but I'm not sure what they cost where you live. That being said, Vitas are region-free so there should be language options.

There are digital versions of some PSP games, but not all of them.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaMTue May 06, 2014 12:32 pm

You can access SEN here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ca/home/games

Check if any of the digital PSP games specify PS Vita as well, they can be downloaded directly through the Vita. If the games don't specify PS Vita, they'd have to be transferred through a PS3. If they're not listed, they're just not available.

The 64 gig card costs about $129 USD if you import it, so it sounds like an okay price point. I'm in the same boat as Prinny where I don't know what they charge in Sweden for the unit itself.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaMTue May 06, 2014 2:32 pm

The original model costs about 1500 SEK here, which is 230 USD. This is the slim model though. Is it even released outside of Japan?

Thanks for that link!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaMTue May 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Yeah the slim Vita is sold here. Honestly, I would probably recommend against this purchase. The money you're saving doesn't seem crazy huge, and I'm not a fan of the slimmer Vitas as a concept because one of the nicest things about the Vita is its crazy-awesome screen.

The slim Vita weighs a bit less and is thinner, but otherwise the dimensions are the same. An extra 500MB in internal storage isn't much considering the size of most games and applications. Having a manual in your own language would also be nice.

I couldn't tell you if it feels any better to hold though. The current Vita is a nice weight for me.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaMTue May 06, 2014 4:59 pm

I thought the slim had a bigger (but less vibrant) screen? That said, while I haven't actually played anything on it yet due to my busy life, I got the original vita while I still could as soon as Hearts R was announced for the west.

Still need to get some games for it (like Gravity Rush). All I have right now is Muramasa and Conception II.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaMThu May 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Along with that memory card, I probably would save money in the end. Question is if I'd need so much space, though. And if the slim version isn't much different from the original model, I might as well get one of those, as you said.

Still, it's a tempting deal. Proooobably should save my money for more important things right now, though ;w;
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaMThu May 08, 2014 7:42 pm

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/05/07/playstation-vita-slim-top-5-improvements/ this is an article stating the benefits of the Slim over the original model (it says it's a top 5, but this is kind of it.) I forgot that the original Vita in fact doesn't have any onboard memory to start with (thought it had 500MB,) but apparently you cannot access the Slim's internal storage simultaneously with an external card, you are simply asked to copy over the internal storage's contents. Personally I still prefer the original Vita's design, it's closer to perfect than the original 3DS was.

The screens are identical in size, Tenshi.

Honestly Moontoon, if you don't feel like there are any games that you have to have, like GRAVITY RUSH, UNSUBTLE HINT I would probably wait for it to get cheaper or maybe hope that the PS Vita TV leaves Japan, because that would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaMThu May 08, 2014 10:19 pm

Taiyz wrote:
[size=24]GRAVITY RUSH[/size

Still need to beat that, though I suck at it so bad.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaMThu May 08, 2014 11:23 pm

What do you have difficulty with?
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaMThu May 08, 2014 11:42 pm

Bosses and flying around, and even though they give me navigation to where the objective for the next chapter is, I usually end up flying too far and get portaled, and then it loads forevers which just turned me off.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaMFri May 09, 2014 6:05 pm

Falcom wrote:
Bosses and flying around, and even though they give me navigation to where the objective for the next chapter is, I usually end up flying too far and get portaled, and then it loads forevers which just turned me off.
What exactly is your issue with the bosses? Are you not dodging their attacks? Dodging is very important.

When you're flying around you should be toggling zero gravity to stop yourself, then pick a new direction to fly in. It sounds like you're trying to make flight corrections while Kat is moving. Pressing R will instantly make her stop and then you can pick a new direction. Keep in mind that you can still steer her "left and right" while falling in one direction, and you can even use dodges for minor flight corrections, like if you're on a collision course with a lamp post or a sign. You can dodge at any time, it doesn't matter if you're falling, doing a gravity kick, in zero gravity or on the ground, it is more than just a dodge move; dodging backwards while in zero gravity can be very useful to expand your viewpoint a bit, say, if you end up flying too close to an enemy and keep moving the camera past them, just back-dodge a couple times and you'll have a better view of them.

Make sure you're using a combination of the right stick and the gyroscope to aim at stuff. Use the right stick to move the camera quickly, and the gyroscope for fine-tuning once your destination or target is on-screen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psp Vita slim - advice?   Psp Vita slim - advice? 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Psp Vita slim - advice?
Page 1 of 1