Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding... Empty
PostSubject: Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding...   Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding... 07v2DaMSun Jul 20, 2014 11:06 pm

Hey guys, so if you're a Gold member currently you can get a Virtual Console game, but if you're a Platinum member you can get a digital game. The issue is, I'm having difficulty deciding between Game and Wario, and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.

Now, I want to play DKCR...But I want the more enjoyable version. I know that the 3D version isn't made by Retro, but it does have 8 extra stages in the final/bonus world. I also know that the framerate's cut in half and the game contains more loading, and quite frankly from the videos I've seen, it looks like ass and the character models are super tiny. I can only imagine that's gonna cause problems during gameplay. On the flipside, the Wii version does have waggle shit, but I've also heard that the 3D version is uncomfortable to play.

Has anybody played both versions of DKCR and can sound off about it? Honestly it seems like the original is the better version.

And how is the single player mode of Game and Wario? I watched some videos of the multiplayer games, and two of them look like decent fun, and I'm aware that the game in general is probably only gonna last me about an hour before I get bored of it. Still, it may have some redeeming components.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding...   Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding... 07v2DaMMon Jul 21, 2014 1:03 am

If you have homebrew on your Wii, the waggle shit can be mapped to a button with codes. http://www.pixlbit.com/news/1037/donkey_kong_country_returns_gets_classic_controller_support
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding...   Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding... 07v2DaMMon Jul 21, 2014 3:10 am

I don't own a Wii nor do would I have an interest in running homebrew.
Back to top Go down
DoubleL

DoubleL

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding...   Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding... 07v2DaMTue Jul 22, 2014 11:40 am

Blugh. I'm having issues deciding as well. A little disappointed by the choices this year, but what can you do? DKCR seems to be the best choice, though I am interested in Earthbound as well. I've also heard that Dillon's Rolling Western is pretty good as well.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding...   Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding... 07v2DaMTue Jul 22, 2014 5:02 pm

The only games that make sense to get in Platinum are Game & Wario and DKCR 3D. It makes no sense to include $10-$15 games in the same tier as $30 ones. Then again offering games that people most likely bought to get Platinum in the first place makes no sense, either.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding...   Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding... 07v2DaMMon Jul 28, 2014 9:29 pm

So I got Game and Wario because Nintendo's still printing DKCR on the Wii but isn't printing GaW anymore. (GaW is also 39.99 while DKCR3D is 34.99, and DKCR is 29.99.)

I also just logged into my Nintendo discount page, and I noticed that the copy of New Super Mario Bros. U that I redeemed from Mario Kart 8 was actually registered as a purchase of 59.99, giving me 599 points (5 bucks for free, basically.) Anybody else with a Deluxe console, make sure to get your credit!

Looks like Game and Wario was a smart decision as that should net me an extra 399 points. I'll report back if that happens, so you guys might want before buying something else (obviously you'd have to have enough points to bring you up to 500, but still, it makes the most sense to buy GaW now.)
Back to top Go down
DoubleL

DoubleL

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding...   Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding... 07v2DaMMon Jul 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Oh dang, thanks for the heads up. That actually makes the decision a bit easier, as getting GaW will give me enough credit where I can just buy Earthbound for $5. I do sort of wish I could have gotten DKCR 3D and Earthbound, but whatever.

Let me know if it works!
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding...   Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding... 07v2DaMMon Jul 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Game & Wario is sold for $30 out here, so it gave me 299 points.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding...   Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding... 07v2DaMTue Jul 29, 2014 12:29 am

Ah, so eShop price points change between countries, but at least the pointage is confirmed. So yeah, until the discount thing ends I suppose we should be using Club Nintendo promos to get digital Wii U games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding...   Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding... 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Club Nintendo Rewards are out! I need help deciding...
Page 1 of 1