Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?

Go down 
+6
Abicion
Taiyz
Arn
DreamSword
Slivendiferious
Moontoon
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 15, 2014 2:19 pm

I kind of want to get a new XL (some of the buttons on mine feel weird, and I need to charge it more and more often.) It'd suck if a new, even better model would be announced shortly after I'd get mine replaced Razz

Also, does anyone know if the pink/white XL was released in europe? I've been looking around (without finding it). There's a dark pink one, but I'm not sure if I like that color  Neutral

Last edited by Moontoon on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://moontoon.deviantart.com
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 15, 2014 2:53 pm

I predict...

The nintendo 1DS
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Probably not.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 15, 2014 3:46 pm

Isn't it cheaper to replace the buttons and the battery? D:
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 15, 2014 3:48 pm

....maybe it is. Didn't think it was possible >_>;
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 15, 2014 5:50 pm

Arn wrote:
Isn't it cheaper to replace the buttons and the battery? D:
Is that possible? .__.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 15, 2014 6:36 pm

It's really hard to predict what Nintendo will do next, honestly. The only thing that the handheld is really missing is a second circle pad, but Nintendo's really sticking to their guns about the Circle Pad Pro. I suppose they might release a version with more internal storage, or possibly a smaller version, those are the only permutations that I think Nintendo may consider.

If your machine's showing wear and tear, I'd probably just get a new one and do a system transfer. My reasoning is that, if some parts are wearing out right now, even if you replace them, what's to stop the remaining old parts from doing the same, soon? It's also probably easier than potentially voiding your warranty and doing a tricky repair job yourself.

Moontoon wrote:
does anyone know if the pink/white XL was released in europe?
http://nintendo3ds.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_LL/XL_colors#Pink.2FWhite unfortunately it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Well, I've replaced my DS buttons and battery myself without any problem, the buttons can be trick but the battery is almost like a cellphone you just need the right tool to open where it is inside. Also I'm pretty sure you can find a place that can fix it for you and also find plenty of tutorials over the internet.

And Taiyz that's not how hardware works, buttons and battery wear out fast because of usage, the rest of the hardware is probably perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 15, 2014 11:56 pm

I was mostly referring to the screens. Dunno if she has a screen protector and the original 3DS' are infamous for smudging. My previous two DS Lites actually wore out the sensitivity of their touch screens as well (no amount of recalibrating would end up as accurate,) though I haven't had any issues with the 3DS so maybe that was a design issue, but then again I haven't played two Ouendan games on it...
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSun Mar 16, 2014 10:41 am

I bet the 2DS was a hardcore marketing success.
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSun Mar 16, 2014 8:46 pm

It's Nintendo, I don't think they give a f***.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMMon Mar 17, 2014 4:15 pm

I'm not sure but if I were to put myself as a member of NoA or Nintendo altogether, I would definitely be more concerned in getting more Wii U sales.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMMon Mar 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Well that's presumably why they're releasing GBA games for the Wii U instead of the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMTue Mar 18, 2014 8:52 am

Well, they are in a bit of hot water since the Wii U is not a cheap console to manufacture. I am all for supporting Nintendo but they need to get some marketing philosophy going on and figure out why the "Wii 2" isn't selling. It has a light of hope with recent releases but it doesn't seem to be enough.

I can only imagine them making another 3DS model if their sales plummets, but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMWed Mar 19, 2014 1:52 pm

I mostly play ACNL and Pokemon so the screens haven't been damaged, really.

Does anyone know if I buy a system with a pre-installed game and make a system transfer, get to keep said game? Or would it be lost? I kind of want the pretty golden Zelda 3DS XL.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMThu Mar 20, 2014 7:12 pm

The games will transfer. I don't know why you would transfer it to another system, though.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMThu Mar 20, 2014 8:10 pm

You misunderstood her question, I think. She was wondering if transferring her existing system's data to a 3DS with pre-installed content would erase the pre-installed content. I don't know the answer, personally.
Back to top Go down
Moontoon
Admin
Moontoon

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Yes, that's what I meant. Seems like any pre-installed games WILL still be there if I transfer my old account onto a new 3DS.

Anyway, I just found out Nintendo recently removed the limit on how many times you can do a system transfer, so I'll probably get a new XL for now. Thanks everyone :]
Back to top Go down
Paladin Cecil

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 22, 2014 11:07 pm

What frustrates me is, I've been meaning to purchase a 3DS for a while, but have had to be careful because of budget. But recently I found out from a number of people that the system tends to crash and if repaired, it'll barely work before crashing again. There are several games that I've been wanting to get for it, but now I wonder if it's really worth it. The problems people have with the Wii U are bad enough.
Does anyone know if the 2DS is more durable?
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Crash? ō_ô

When?

What where they doing with it?
Back to top Go down
Paladin Cecil

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSat Mar 22, 2014 11:31 pm

I was reading some customer reviews who claimed to have issues with the system malfunctioning within a matter of months at best. Some claimed that the 3D caused major eyestrain, while others claimed to experience glitches from the motion controls and one person even claimed that theirs malfunctioned despite being kept in a sealed container.

I've owned every Nintendo system from the original NES to the Wii and all of them worked well long after they were purchased. I got my Game Boy Color in '99, my GBA in '01, my GameCube in '02, my DS in '06 and my Wii in '07 and all of them have worked as well as they did when I originally got them.
And I don't want to have to start spending 6 to 900 dollars a year on replacements for a system if it keeps malfunctioning as much as some customers have claimed.
Back to top Go down
Celestial Phoenix

Celestial Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSun Mar 23, 2014 1:43 am

You have 5 Nintendo consoles, claim they still work today, and yet you're questioning Nintendo's durability/functionality on their products?

Not just for game consoles but there are A LOT of troll reviews/people who can't take care of their own shit/people who lack common sense. Don't take reviews so openly, even if they are from a legit source. Rely on your personal research first before buying a product.
Back to top Go down
Paladin Cecil

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSun Mar 23, 2014 6:27 am

I'm not overly gullible over practically any review that I read and I'm aware that a lot of them shouldn't be taken seriously. But considering all the bad decisions that Nintendo has made since the mid-90s, some of these complaints don't seem as far-fetched as they would've been in years past.
And like I said, I need to be careful with the money I have. Consoles aren't as cheap as they once were.
I know it's possible that previous Nintendo systems have had their share of complaints as well and if they have, I'm not surprised. But back then, I had more spending room, so I didn't look into customer feedback as much.
It's not that I haven't wanted a Wii U or a 3DS. I have, but have had to be careful because of travel. Then I found out recently that the Wii U has had poor sales, so I decided to look at some customer feedback and some people were talking about issues they had with their systems crashing after a short time (one person even claimed their control broke from falling 16 inches onto a rug), although I'm convinced part of the reason for few sales of the system has to do with lack of games. Because my next convention isn't until August, I've been thinking of getting a 3DS of late, but I don't want to have a moment where I'm at a pivotal point in a game like A Link Between Worlds or Bravely Default and suddenly either the game or the system stops working, and that's a concern I've never had with any with any of my previous consoles.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMSun Mar 23, 2014 10:10 pm

I'm really mad that you're saying these things. I think the only 3DS complaints worth taking note of are the ones regarding the screen smudges that occur with the original model, which is easily rectified because you should be applying a screen protector out of the box anyway. It's not even an issue if you plan to get the XL.

User reviews kind of suck because 90% of them are posted in anger. Typically the user fucked something up, and they're blaming the company because they couldn't follow instructions. When you have a positive experience with a device, you don't feel it's as necessary to make your voice heard, unless it comes up in a conversation or if you're a fan of the company as a whole. It's generally assumed that something will work, and if it doesn't, only then do most people feel a need to complain.

I'm not saying that all user reviews aren't legitimate, but there really has to be a consistent trend before they're worth listening to, to weed out manufacturing issues (stuff that "happens") which are worth caring about, from mistakes (stuff that you can do to the device) which are good to know but aren't really a problem.
Back to top Go down
Paladin Cecil

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaMTue Mar 25, 2014 12:11 am

Okay, thanks. That helps to know. I'll work on getting one fairly soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?   Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model? 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Do you think Nintendo will release another 3DS model?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next