Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct

Go down 
+3
Taiyz
TimeFactor
warriorangel01
7 posters
AuthorMessage
warriorangel01

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 6:32 pm

Goes up in about half an hour. It's for NA, EU, and JP, so they might announce some new games. X, Smash Bros, and Bayonetta 2 are probably going to be involved, because some key people connected to them (Takahashi's wife, Sakurai, JP Kellams) have retweeted the direct, which is out of character.

Here are the links to each stream:

Back to top Go down
warriorangel01

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 7:02 pm

This post will be updated as stuff comes out (I'm only watching NA, sry).

- Little Mac announced for Smash Brothers
- [3DS] Mario Golf: World Tour has Mii integration (May 2nd)
- [3DS] Kirby: Triple Deluxe (May 2nd)
- [3DS] Yoshi's New Island (March 14th)
- [3DS eShop] Steel Driver Sub Wars like battleship; has a free version (OUT AFTER DIRECT)
- [3DS eShop] Rusty's Real Deal Baseball has a demo; upon completion you can buy more games for $4 bucks about if you don't haggle (April)
- [3DS eShop] Pokemon Battle Trozei Puzzle & Dragon looking game?? (March 20th)
- [3DS] Professor Layton and the Last Specter Emmy Altava's back; streetpass
- [3DS] weapon de omasse march 20
- [3DS eShop] Inazuma Eleven (OUT AFTER DIRECT)
- Moon Kid Chronicles, Shovel Knight developer talk thing
- [3DS eShop] Child of Light (April 30th)
- [WiiU] DK Tropical Freeze Trailer
- [WiiU eShop] NES Remix 2 has games from later NES games: SMB3, Kirby, Adventure of Link; has Super Luigi Bros. (1st Mario backwards) (April 25th)
- [WiiU eShop] GBA games are coming Metroid Fusion, Mario and Lugi Supersaga, etc.
- [WiiU] Mario Kart 8, new characters - villains like Koopalings (May 30th)
- [WiiU] X - gameplay based on Xenoblade's battle system
- [WiiU] Bayonetta 2 trailer (later 2014)

Might've missed some stuff, but whatever - there you go.

Last edited by warriorangel01 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TimeFactor

TimeFactor

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 7:44 pm

WiiU Monolith better be British again. Summon Ackwa! Summon Coffee!
Back to top Go down
warriorangel01

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 7:47 pm

Yeah British VA's would be awesome. I was hoping on maybe a port of Bayonetta 1, but no dice. Sad
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Inazuma Eleven Go? That was the first 3DS game in the series...Nobody seems to be specifying. Seems weird that a DS game would appear on the eShop.

Also, according to http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/13/first-gameplay-footage-x-monolith-softs-wii-u-rpg/ only X's battle system is based on Xenoblade. Haven't had time to watch anything, so sorry if the video states as much.
Back to top Go down
warriorangel01

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Nah, I think it's the very first one...?
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/13/inazuma-eleven-coming-north-america-today/

Also yeah I should probably make that more clear, I meant only gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 8:05 pm

I know, I looked at Siliconera but they don't specify anything. Siliconera's a great site, but they have a really terrible habit of saying things in a way that leaves open several possibilities. Basically, saying something while really saying nothing. We haven't seen any other direct DS ports to the eShop, have we? If it were the Wii U eShop, I'd believe it to be the first game because that will support DS games soon, but because it's a digital-only 3DS eShop release, I'd have to think that it'd be a 3DS game. It wasn't on the eShop yet so I can't give a verdict.

I hope it's Go because that's the one I really want, though I'll still support the localization anyway.

Last edited by Taiyz on Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
warriorangel01

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 8:10 pm

Ah I see, didn't know that about Siliconera - I hardly use them that much, but they were one of the first search results. I guess we'll have to wait and see which one it is.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMThu Feb 13, 2014 8:15 pm

Bought it. Looks to be the original, but it supports 3D visuals. I guess it's some kind of 3D digital-only remake? It uses the European localization.

Edit: Actually I have no idea what this is. They used the European names, but they've completely redubbed the game with American actors (no offense to the Brits, but I'm not a fan of the voice acting in the Operation Rainfall games, never been partial to the accent.) They use a theme song from the anime series apparently, instead of a dubbed song that the European localization had.

It also seems to be a slice of Inazuma Eleven 1 2 3, which was a 3DS enhanced port/compilation of all three DS Inazuma Eleven games. I reckon that they'll release the second and third parts as separate $20 downloads if this game is successful.

Suffice to say, this is a 100% original release for America, not like the Operation Rainfall titles. I'll write back about the gameplay, but I'm thinking that we need people to buy this shit.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMFri Feb 14, 2014 1:52 am

Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMFri Feb 14, 2014 2:27 am

Holy crap. Those are some pretty amazing soccer moves and shots.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMFri Feb 14, 2014 2:40 am

I haven't had much time to play it but I'm pretty excited. Battles/matches have a fairly basic interface for moving around the field and intercepting passes, but once you get into certain positions you get nifty little cutscenes where you choose an RPG-style move that directs the outcome of the event. For example, if you get close to the guy holding the ball, you could be prompted with Feint or Slide Tackle, you choose one and the cutscene plays out and based on several factors you succeed and win control of the ball, or miss.

I've gone RPG-crazy right now. This, Bravely Default, FFXIII-2 and (hopefully tomorrow) Lightning Returns is a bit much all at once, but they're all so tempting that I can't stop.
Back to top Go down
Jazzeh
Admin
Jazzeh

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMFri Feb 14, 2014 2:46 am

people getting buttmad over little mac being too boring
Nintendo Direct Tumblr_n0ymyrAdBH1sgaxgto1_1280

Nintendo Direct Tumblr_n0ymyrAdBH1sgaxgto2_1280
Back to top Go down
http://jazzmorelikespazz.tumblr.com
warriorangel01

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMFri Feb 14, 2014 2:57 am

I don't understand why they'd be disappointed over little mac; he's been in the cards ever since we saw the punch out stage
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMFri Feb 14, 2014 2:40 pm

Not really any reason to be disappointed about the only "shoo-in" character left for Smash Roster at this point. If nothing else, he qualifies on the same retro revival grounds at Pit. Befuzzlement aside, awwwwww yeah. About time!

And look, 5 games for Wii U again. The 4 first-party games to pick, absolutely, given Smash, Kart, and Kong sell gangbusters and Xenoblade was a critical darling, but if Nintendo has taken it upon themselves to sell units, that ain't happening yet.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMFri Feb 14, 2014 3:13 pm

Taiyz wrote:
It also seems to be a slice of Inazuma Eleven 1 2 3, which was a 3DS enhanced port/compilation of all three DS Inazuma Eleven games. I reckon that they'll release the second and third parts as separate $20 downloads if this game is successful.
So take a game that would have been $40 retail, slice it into 3 parts and sell it digitally for $60 total? Brilliant!

unfortunately for Nintendo, if I were even interested in a soccer RPG I would have already imported. Though maybe they're banking on me simply not knowing I'm interested...
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaMFri Feb 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Well the first three episodes of the anime are on the eShop for free, so check it out. It's been redubbed too.

Also yeah the pricing ultimately sucks but remember, Japan already saw all the games so a bundle makes sense. Most people won't realze that we're getting one game separated into three because they're still three separate stories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nintendo Direct Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct   Nintendo Direct 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct
Page 1 of 1