Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US

Go down 
+25
Infernookami
Emil12345
Venom
Lord Yggdrasill
Harbinger
GroundhogDay
Bo Staff Katana
ShirleyVaga
Taiyz
Juanblue85
Suikoden
King Cat the Sixth
Saeko
Arn
DreamSword
Tenshigami
Zwei.0
TimeFactor
DylDawg
Yume Hanabi
Slivendiferious
Rekkuuzan
Samaƫl
Scrawlers
swordandshield
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Aug 03, 2014 12:24 am

xillia 2 have ominous gigantic purple fetus in the sky. it's dark i guess?

Well, it depends on your preference of "dark"ness. Most people said that Xillia 2 is the darkest and most mature Tales game ever, but I think it's pretty tame (Rebirth is actually darker in my honest opinion). how is xillia dark lol?

I like it not because of the darkness or the maturity, but because of the familial vibe it has going on as well as the scene direction. I'm a sucker for loli caretaking story (Usagi Drop before timeskip hnggggh) and brotherly love, and I'm also a huge fan of Tokusatsu. Add all these and multiply it with If It's For You ~Song 4 U~, then it's the best game ever.

Also,
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Aug 03, 2014 11:13 am

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
ominous gigantic purple fetus in the sky.
Well this thread just got interesting. Reminds me of the giant flying babies from Drakengard 1. xD
Back to top Go down
Samaƫl
Kamen Rider
Samaƫl

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMSun Aug 03, 2014 5:13 pm

swordandshield wrote:
I'm a kind person. Very Happy

So is Xillia 2 as dark as the first one?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Aug 04, 2014 6:46 am

Problem with Xillia 2's "darkness" is that, in my opinion, a lot of those supposedly tragic events only happen because the creators said so, to the point of forcing the old cast into acting OOC just for the sake of sad thing happening. And most of the endings create a big plothole that wouldn't have happened had the creators either thought about their worldbuilding mechanics better, or let the story develop naturally instead of insisting on throwing sad things at us at every turn.

In fact the coliseum ending is probably the only one that makes 100% sense, despite how silly it is XD

/opinions

Last edited by Yume Hanabi on Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Aug 04, 2014 7:05 am

Holy shit, I'm so gonna cite you in my future paper Sliv.
By all means, be my guest!

I have even participated myself in outright forging information from "surveys" to show my professors that I had a good grasp of the dangers involved and how to properly interpret data if it were "real". Working with hypothetical data because your target group is too small or your data is outright contradictory to the result you want.

A pity, really.

Scrawlers wrote:
So yeah, Sliv, I pretty much agree with you, but that was the best I could find on short notice.
Oh don't worry about it.

The thing is, I think even 80% - 20% would be enough of a reason to cater to both genders.
Though you're probably right that it's closer to 50/50.

Semi-on-topic:

Would this count as overly sexualized:

Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 Nj1O4

Last edited by Slivendiferious on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zwei.0

Zwei.0

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Aug 04, 2014 10:07 am

Slivendiferious wrote:

Semi-on-topic:

Depends.
I don't care what they look like in alternative costumes. They can be as silly, sexy and ugly as they want to be.
Back to top Go down
Scrawlers

Scrawlers

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMMon Aug 04, 2014 6:44 pm

Zwei.0 wrote:
Slivendiferious wrote:

Semi-on-topic:

Depends.
I don't care what they look like in alternative costumes. They can be as silly, sexy and ugly as they want to be.

Basically what Zwei said. If that was Zelos' main costume, then yeah, that would definitely be a hyper sexualized costume. But it's his swimsuit, so . . . xD
Back to top Go down
Juanblue85

Juanblue85

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMTue Aug 05, 2014 2:36 pm

Well its been a while since I posted but I have only $60 left to pay off the collector's edition of Xillia 2. I'll just get paid next week and bam paid in full.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Aug 06, 2014 3:33 am

I enjoyed a lot of things about it, and I also hated a lot of things about it.
Back to top Go down
Scrawlers

Scrawlers

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Aug 06, 2014 5:26 am

Hype backlash doesn't help, either. Xillia 2 is praised, but often at the cost of bashing Xillia 1. Why people can't enjoy things without putting other things down is beyond me (obviously some do, but the vocal ones tend to be the ones that are bashing/complaining about things), but for people who really love Xillia 1, hearing it routinely bashed in favor of putting Xillia 2 on a pedestal really doesn't make them feel very warmly toward Xillia 2--especially if their rebuttals get shut down or snapped at.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Aug 06, 2014 5:41 am

^Also this.

I probably wouldn't be so negative about the game if the fandom didn't treat it as the best thing ever, ignoring and minimizing its flaws while bashing Xillia 1 in the process.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Aug 06, 2014 6:59 am

True. I mean I certainly am treating it as the best thing ever because it definitely is. To me. It has its shares of flaws but who cares I love it.

But I'd rather not see the bashing of other game/series when discussing about it. I know you're entitled to your opinion but do you really need to trample over other things other people love for it?

Like dubstep. I love dubstep. But I also love rock, metal, orchestral, jazz, celtic, hip hop, blues, death metal, gamelan, punk rock, trance, screamo, pop, and flamenco.

Why can't we like both? Why can't we be friends D:
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Aug 06, 2014 9:16 am

True. I mean I certainly am treating it as the best thing ever because it definitely is. To me. It has its shares of flaws but who cares I love it.

But I'd rather not see the bashing of other game/series when discussing about it. I know you're entitled to your opinion but do you really need to trample over other things other people love for it?

Like dubstep. I love dubstep. But I also love rock, metal, orchestral, jazz, celtic, hip hop, blues, death metal, gamelan, punk rock, trance, screamo, pop, and flamenco.

Why can't we like both? Why can't we be friends D:
Wars have been fought for less.

You might want to check out Crystallize by Lindsey Stirling if you like Dubstep Violin.

In any case, if anything, your discussions about Xillia 2 being the best thing ever or not, are certainly fueling my hype.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Aug 06, 2014 11:23 am

Yume Hanabi wrote:
I probably wouldn't be so negative about the game if the fandom didn't treat it as the best thing ever, ignoring and minimizing its flaws while bashing Xillia 1 in the process.

People had already been doing things like that with Symphonia and Vesperia. It's to be expected, really.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMWed Aug 06, 2014 12:08 pm

I'm not surprised, sadly. But it hits harder with the Xillias, because they're actually related, unlike say Abyss and Vesperia.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Aug 07, 2014 1:36 am

Is the LE available for pre-order in Canada anywhere? Kinda ignored this game.

Last edited by Taiyz on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Aug 07, 2014 4:25 am

If I would take a guess, Xillia 2 is also praised cause it "fixes" what Xillia 1 left unpolished: the Battle System.

Xillia 1 is fun for its battles, but Xillia 2 just improved it to something better and still as fun.

It's not hard to figure out how the fanbase would swing when they hear or experience that. Just look at how Legendia was (and is still) criticized, even if it had a good cast with an interesting setting (but I've been seeing quite some people praising it for those settings and cast, not just the music. And sometimes even the battle system).
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Aug 07, 2014 7:47 am

Oh I don't have a problem with those who say its battle system is superior (although I've seen some people complain about how Jude and Milla get preferential treatment in the first in terms of link artes... and then turn around and praise Ludger for being a "one man army". Double standaaaaards).

It's when they treat it as this huge improvement in all domains (especially the story; I wonder how many will still claim that once they play it in a language they fully understand) and minimizing its most blatant flaws while nitpicking everything Xillia 1 did that I start to get bitter. True, X2 improved some stuff from the first, but it also took a few steps back in some areas and I'm kinda surprised no one cares considering the backlash Dawn got for doing pretty much the same thing. Well, no, I'm not really surprised tbh, Symphonia was widely loved while Xillia's reception was a lot more lukewarm, so in a way it's no wonder that X2 messing with its worldbuilding etc does not bother people the way Dawn did with Symphonia's world. Still, as a Xilliaverse lover, that double standard from the fandom grates me to no end, even if I understand where it comes from. That plus hype overexposure soured my opinion of the game further than it would have under different circumstances.

I realize it's mostly my problem, which is why I've now taken ranting to a private blog for the most part.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Aug 07, 2014 1:19 pm

Yume Hanabi wrote:
Oh I don't have a problem with those who say its battle system is superior (although I've seen some people complain about how Jude and Milla get preferential treatment in the first in terms of link artes... and then turn around and praise Ludger for being a "one man army". Double standaaaaards).
A double standard would be if Ludger plus one other character got a crapton of team attacks together but all of the other characters got like, 2 amongst eachother, THEN people praising Ludger. In other words, they criticize the first game for Milla and Jude having a ton of link artes amongst eachother while the other characters get half as much. Which is fair, considering the the whole premise of the game being team-based.

People praising Ludger for being a "one-man army" mainly comes from the soloing community, as well as the fact that Ludger is compatible with basically everyone in terms of link artes, whereas in the first game you were either relegated to the other main character(if playing as Jude or Milla) or were shafted if you liked to play as any of the side characters. In other words, Ludger is praised for versatility, which the first game definitely lacked.

I mean I hate the Tales fanbase too but atleast be fair when you're calling out their bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaMThu Aug 07, 2014 1:51 pm

DreamSword wrote:
A double standard would be if Ludger plus one other character got a crapton of team attacks together but all of the other characters got like, 2 amongst eachother, THEN people praising Ludger. In other words, they criticize the first game for Milla and Jude having a ton of link artes amongst eachother while the other characters get half as much. Which is fair, considering the the whole premise of the game being team-based.

People praising Ludger for being a "one-man army" mainly comes from the soloing community, as well as the fact that Ludger is compatible with basically everyone in terms of link artes, whereas in the first game you were either relegated to the other main character(if playing as Jude or Milla) or were shafted if you liked to play as any of the side characters. In other words, Ludger is praised for versatility, which the first game definitely lacked.
To be honest I don't see the difference between the two situations.

It's the exact same thing.

There's just two of them in Xillia 1 and one of them in Xillia 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 3 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next