Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Today in Gaming

Go down 
+30
AzureEdge
Bo Staff Katana
Crystal Power
Meow Wow
Dracos
TalesofHysteria
Drake
Harbinger
Seraph
Zacewing
Divinus Fulmen
Chosen of Mana
Silver Forte
Ryu
TimeFactor
Psypher
King Cat the Sixth
Arn
BlazingFiddlesticks
Slivendiferious
DylDawg
Rainstorm
Tenshigami
Suikoden
Txn
Falcom
Abicion
warriorangel01
Taiyz
Prinny
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

Today in Gaming - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMSun Apr 27, 2014 1:55 am

Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMMon Apr 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMMon Apr 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Just when Togashi was continuing Hunter x Hunter. Sad
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMMon Apr 28, 2014 6:20 pm

Txn wrote:
Just when Togashi was continuing Hunter x Hunter. Sad
Pretty much what I thought too. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMMon Apr 28, 2014 9:19 pm

Abicion wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2014/04/26/diggers-find-ataris-et-games-in-landfill/8232609/

They found it.

To which commenters rightly point out that there are contemporary 80's newspaper articles about the burying. Still surreal, certainly.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/28/kirby-triple-deluxe-review

Honestly, Kirby is such that "more Kirby" is the yes or no vote.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/28/iwata-wants-to-redefine-nintendo

Yamauchi changed Nintendo's product at least three times in his life- expansion is good, Ninty. Just don't try to break into an industry that doesn't need you.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMMon Apr 28, 2014 9:38 pm

That's Nintendo in general. Do you like X franchise? If yes, buy regardless.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMTue Apr 29, 2014 12:10 am

I wonder what would happen with the world if Big N stop making consoles and going full 3rd party one day.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMTue Apr 29, 2014 12:23 am

Arn wrote:
I wonder what would happen with the world if Big N stop making consoles and going full 3rd party one day.

Most of their series would die anyway; take portables out of the equation and your asking Nintendo to foot HD development costs without Pokemon and hardware and licensing fee revenue (They'd be paying Sony and Microsoft's, instead).  Unless they made an effort to adapt other series to the smaller-scale digital space, they would literally become present-day Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMTue Apr 29, 2014 1:50 am

Where on earth does your reasoning come from, why would they not be able to use Pokemon?

Also I don't expect Nintendo to ever give up the handheld market. The Vita is already an attempt at fusing mobile design philosophies with, well, good gameplay. Nintendo's got a fairly nice niche in "doing their own thing."

The problem is that it doesn't work the same for consoles, their refusal to match the new current-gen platforms is absolutely killing their chances at multi-platform releases and within about a year I'd reckon that they won't be getting any third-party games outside of Wii U-exclusives. Ubisoft is utterly giving them the shaft right now, and I'm assuming that this is because their exclusives have totally bombed on the platform and they don't expect their multi-platform back-ports to do particularly well either. I wonder if they'll even bother porting the last-gen Assassin's Creed that they're working on to the Wii U, they already forsook any DLC for Assassin's Creed IV, even the standalone Freedom Cry, on it.

So it's like, what's the point? The Virtual Console's great and all (despite Nintendo's disgustingly lazy attempts at porting over its back-library and ditching several platforms in the mix, man I could go for some N64 or Donkey Kong Country right now) but it's literally the only edge the Wii U has over the other platforms, Nintendo's got that and first-party releases, and that's it. Also considering that we're needing more and more applications on our consoles (so say the consumers, at least,) Nintendo's really fucking behind in that department. All they've really got is a decent web-browser that doesn't even have full Flash playback.

Honestly the only thing that going third-party for console development would do is limit their ability to make games where the 3DS is used in conjunction with the Wii U...Which isn't even a thing yet (and may never be a thing.) I say they may as well do it. There might be some growing pains with regard to not having total control over the platform, and it might be more expensive, but I'd be surprised if the Wii U isn't causing its own share of problems for them behind the scenes.

Your whole bit about small-scale digital games doesn't make sense either. People are not only buying Nintendo's console, but they're paying full-price for the games too. That wouldn't change on other platforms. People don't really care what they'll need to play New Super Mario Bros. 10.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMTue Apr 29, 2014 3:36 am

Taiyz wrote:
Where on earth does your reasoning come from, why would they not be able to use Pokemon?

There is nothing starling or revolutionary in what I just said.

Take out hardware, you take out their portables; take our their portables and you remove Nintendo's ability to sell millions upon millions of their portables on Pokemon or anticipation of Pokemon alone, also known as a critical piece their ability to financially tank dismal console sales.  Putting Pokemon on the Vita or its successor (because that will be the only dedicated portable gaming option left) would not be as all-encompassing a victory.

Likewise, remove the stability provided by handheld sales, and Nintendo has even less incentive to take risks.  If Nintendo wants you to believe that Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, and Smash Brothers with a side of Monolith Soft and Donkey Kong is all their consoles are good for, that's not going to get any better if they go third party; it's going to get worse.  Look at every other major Japanese developer in recent years; Square is Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts with with iOS silliness and the odd handheld RPG on the side (Dragon Quest lives in its own world), Konami is Metal Gear and Castlevania, Capcom is Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Monster Hunter with the odd side dish (Ace Attorney's doing good right now).  All of them can do better, all of them have IPs they frequently utilized until just a few years ago.

Nintendo's already in a similar rut on consoles with the 3DS covering the U- I really can't think of a way it would get any better if you take that away. The digital space gets a mention only because it would be the only other way for them to do anything else in DS-less world: I don't think Fire Emblem is high enough priority to go the console route right now, for example.

Now, if this not a bad thing, if this is just Nintendo's "new reality" because Mario, Zelda, Smash Brothers are gaming institutions, fine.  As a clearly not fanboy who grew up on the tail end of Nintendo's providing a broader spectrum of console content and considers Mario and Zelda secondary purchases (Given as in "This will always be there, give me a hook Ninty" as opposed to "Buying Nintendo machine two years before Zelda game is announced") to be had after the console is in your home, it is to me.

The diverse console content is still there- Gamecube got Star Fox, F-Zero, Custom Rob, Pikmin, Wii got Punch-Out!!, Sin & Punishment 2 (Excellent game), Wario Land Shake it!, Kirby Returns to Dreamland (Glad they did not simply scrap the game). Would mention Paper Mario 2 and Xenoblade but the JRPG angle is played out. But Game & Wario and Wii holdover Pikmin 3 aside, the Wii U risks pushing that out under sheer devs costs- going third party and developing for even stronger machines that Nintendo is just as foreign to as any other would only accelerate it.

And that's not even mentioning that Nintendo games would have actual competition for a player's dollar in a way they have not had since the early 90's- on a platform that is consistently popular for other games.  There's no benefit to going third party- there are just a lot of multi-machine owning Nintendo fans out there who wish they did not have to be fanatic to buy their new ailing consoles.  (I greatly enjoyed the Gamecube and Wii, first and third party games, like a lot of people my sad pessimism is quite recent.)
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMTue Apr 29, 2014 1:20 pm

Nintendo is really smart with their money, they're constantly looking at the long-term and not the short-term (which was a big mistake Capcom recently made with mobile gaming). If Nintendo ever stopped making hardware and went 3rd party, it would be very carefully thought out, but it definitely won't happen while the 3DS is still a success.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMTue Apr 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Are you blind? I said nothing about Nintendo doing away with the 3DS. Arn only mentioned consoles.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMTue Apr 29, 2014 10:32 pm

Going full third party would imply no hardware being made at all. Handhelds are technically considered portable consoles, so no consoles, means no 3DS to me.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMTue Apr 29, 2014 11:06 pm

PCs, consoles, handhelds and mobile devices. All important distinctions.

ME, BITCH wrote:
Also I don't expect Nintendo to ever give up the handheld market. The Vita is already an attempt at fusing mobile design philosophies with, well, good gameplay. Nintendo's got a fairly nice niche in "doing their own thing."
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMWed Apr 30, 2014 2:45 pm

As Prinny said, Arn said full third party. There is only one way to interpret that.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMWed Apr 30, 2014 7:09 pm

And unless you're a big dum-dum head, there's only one way to interpret "console" too.

Zelda games are not RPGs.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMWed Apr 30, 2014 7:31 pm

Taiyz wrote:
And unless you're a big dum-dum head, there's only one way to interpret "console" too.

Zelda games are not RPGs.

Then Arn's contradicting himself and both takes are valid.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMWed Apr 30, 2014 8:43 pm

DAMMIT ARN, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMWed Apr 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Well, I'm fresh out of Nintendo disappointment essays, so that fire should be smoldering.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMWed Apr 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Taiyz wrote:
DAMMIT ARN, LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE
Godamnit me!

...What I did?
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMWed Apr 30, 2014 9:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMThu May 01, 2014 4:15 pm

Here's the first screenshot of the next COD singleplayer you won't bother with because you'll be playing our crappy multiplayer instead!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/05/01/exclusive-call-of-duty-screen-june-cover.aspx

EDIT: Kevin Spacey might be in it? This leaked audio
sounds like him.

EDIT 2: Yes, he's in it. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=811810 (Scroll down the page a bit for his in-game character)

And here's a teaser trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE17D8C6O4A

COD: Metal Gear Solid edition?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMFri May 02, 2014 2:07 am

If Activision's marketing staff were any good, the game's slogan would be "Call of Duty has changed."

And if Activision were any good, they'd give this game more than a year so the above would actually be true, and the GAME might actually be good.

But yeah I can't shake the MGS4 vibe even though it's all based on real things.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMFri May 02, 2014 11:16 am

Actually this is the first game in Activision's new three year development cycle (and three developers) for COD. Yeah, the series still comes out year after year, but if Sledgehammer can't even make a half-decent game in three years, I don't know what to say.

I guess Activision said "screw it" and revealed it already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFu5qXMuaJU

Like usual, we're going to have to wait for the mode we're going to play the most to be revealed.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaMThu May 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Extree extree, read all about it! Nintendo makes pact with Satan, finally decides to release NFC-powered figurines of their characters!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/07/nintendo-release-figurines-can-interact-games/

I have no idea why this took so long, but I expect billions in revenue.

In more important news, Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus is coming here!
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/08/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-coming-north-america-fall/

Can't read the article just yet because I'm at work, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today in Gaming   Today in Gaming - Page 7 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Today in Gaming
Page 7 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next