Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation

Go down 
+2
Falcom
King Cat the Sixth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation Empty
PostSubject: That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation   That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation 07v2DaMTue Jan 13, 2015 3:42 pm

I'm thinking of buying a PS4, but there's hardly any games that I want to play right now (waiting for FFXV and KH3). Most of the games on it I can buy (or has bought) for PC masterrace, and the only game I am interested right now is Infamous: Second Son.

Should I or should I not buy one right now? And if I should buy one, should I buy the Black or White PS4? My Sony consoles are all black, but the Glacier White PS4 is so beautiful...I'm conflicted. There's also the silver DQ bundle PS4, but I don't care much for limited edition console, and I don't even play DQ.

Recommendation on good PS4 games (that is not multiplat) is appreciated.

Another thing I need help with is Vita games recommendation. So far, I had:

Akiba's Trip
Demon Gaze (it was cheap! don't judge me)
Gravity Rush
Killzone Mercenary
P4G
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
Sen no Kiseki
Tales of Hearts R
Ys Celceta

Other than Virtue Last Reward, Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta, what should I buy?
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation   That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation 07v2DaMTue Jan 13, 2015 3:59 pm

Disgaea 3 and 4 for a good Prinny fest. Mmhmm.

And where the hell is your Neptunia.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation   That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation 07v2DaMTue Jan 13, 2015 4:00 pm

Don't buy a PS4 until there's more games you want for it. Buying it now would be a waste of money.

Sword Art Online for the Vita is pretty good. Translation is hilariously bad, though.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation   That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation 07v2DaMTue Jan 13, 2015 5:00 pm

The Project Diva f games are great. Dragon's Crown is a worthwhile mention. One Piece: Unlimited World Red is a fantastic beat-'em-up with a really fun combo system and apart from using the useless Near over Streetpass, is much better than the 3DS version. All those are also on PS3 mind you. You could certainly check out the Senran Kagura games. It's difficult to recommend Bon Appetit unless you're an existing fan, the mechanics aren't as polished as the Project Diva games, the music isn't consistently catchy since it's all internally-developed, and it's the most fanservice-heavy Vita game available in NA. It's still very good, but if you're complaining about Demon Gaze, well...

I would recommend Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable, but there's some kinda second version of it coming out, not to mention 4.1 on the PS4...So I'd recommend waiting for either of those.
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation   That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation 07v2DaMTue Jan 13, 2015 6:42 pm

For the vita you should check out the Danganronpa series.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation   That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation 07v2DaMTue Jan 13, 2015 10:34 pm

The first game in that is $20 this week on PSN for PS+ members.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation   That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation 07v2DaMThu Jan 15, 2015 12:59 pm

Yeah, I hold off from buying PS4 as per the advice. I guess buying a console for only one game might not be a good idea after all. Didn't stop me from buying Infamous: Second Son limited edition though, for my inevitable purchase of that console.

And so I was left with more money for more Vita goodness. Bought both Danganronpa, SAO: Hollow Fragment (it's pretty terrible, I have no idea what I'm doing), Dragon's Crown, Disgaea 4 (because I bought 3 on PS3 already), and the three I mentioned earlier.

I'm not really into Vocaloid, sorry. And Senran Kagura, err, well.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation   That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation 07v2DaMThu Jan 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Hollow Fragment does a horrible job of explaining itself. Let me try and decode it for you.

All the face buttons are actually a command palette, and holding L or R just reveals one of two other palettes, all of these are entirely customizable with abilities that you have unlocked (note that you start the game with a bunch of skill points.)

Your default attack command is a 4-hit combo that ends with a...Burst attack I think it was called? As far as I'm aware, this is no different from a regular Sword Skill activation, it's kind of like autocombos from Persona 4 Arena and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, with enough meter they end in a super or EX move. Then you've got your parry move, a dodge move, and a guard maybe? Can't remember. Generally what I find works best, is doing a 4-hit combo then using a dodge to end the Burst combo prematurely. This does burn your SP though, so don't do this when you're low.

Switching makes your target focus on your partner, lowering your Risk meter, and vice versa. A lower Risk meter means that you will recover your SP faster. You're supposed to be constantly switching with your partner so you are both able to even out your SP recovery and continue using Sword Skills. Generally the more you attack an enemy, the more your Risk increases, you can aggro an enemy back onto yourself without Switching but I think that's not how the game wants you to play it.

The default other command palettes feature some useful skills, but you need to know what they do. If you go to the skills menu you can find out; one of them will be dedicated to Sword Skills and will have a certain number of hits and will either buff you or debuff your enemy, it's important to note their traits. The other palette is for Battle Skills which are used as "spells" because the designers just HAD to incorporate them, the most important default one is called Will I think? It heals you and your partner if I remember right.

Other important things to note in the skills menu. If I remember right, first you learn mastery with different weapon types which will increase your abilities/strength with them, and at each mastery level you can dive into a menu to learn further Sword/Battle skills, and at certain levels of mastery between two different fighting styles there are linked skills you can learn. There are passive abilities you can learn (you know, what Battle Skills are probably supposed to be) but I think you can only select one to be active at a time, which is done through this menu. Also, to change your Burst skill, you have to enter the command palette menu.

If I remember right, Falcom recommended a passive rapier/dual-wielding skill that you can learn almost right away (Kirito has enough skill with both styles already) I think it's called lock-on or something...He also recommended War Cry? Which I think was a katana skill that you'll need to train for.

I think we discussed the game for a page or two in the What Have You Played Recently thread.

Edit: https://talesreserve.forumotion.net/t12p390-games-you-ve-played-today
The initial passive skill was called Precise under rapier, and then he recommended Katana Master for SP regen (which is very important because SP is used for everything except for your basic 4-hit combo and orders) and War Cry.

I didn't really touch on party member orders. We basically agreed that orders exist just to make your partner f*** off when you're trying to get the Last Attack Bonus, and for joint skills. You can praise your partner to raise their SP during battle but apparently that sculpts their AI which is a concept I'm not really a fan of because I always feel that I'll just give them bad behavior traits, but this is basically free SP so you should really do it.

Falcom also mentioned that when dual-wielding both swords can give different passive buffs.

If you're a Trophy hunter, make sure you ALWAYS get the last attack bonus, NEVER sell your rewards for last attack bonuses and NEVER let anybody die during boss fights. Also you need to beat the Hollow area before reaching floor 89 or 90 if you want to get certain CGs/Trophies, and Falcom said you want to do everything with Strea earlier rather than later for a similar reason.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation   That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation 07v2DaMSat Jan 17, 2015 10:27 am

I give up, Hollow Fragment sucks. In what action game is "Missing" permissible? Unless I'm mistaken and this is not categorized as Action-RPG. But holy shit that was infuriating.

Yeah, I turned the Precise passive skill on, even activated the Target Sight battle skill almost all the time and tempered my weapon with Dex+ (or Hit+, whichever is not covered by the weapon's innate stat), but I still miss like 80% of my Sword Skill hits, and that's dumb. Stunning didn't even help reducing the miss count, what the actual f***?

Granted, I was fighting monsters 10+ my level, but do you honestly expect me to grind Lv100- mobs over and over? On a reaaaaalllly sloooooowww battle system to boot?

And what even is the use of Burst Attacks (normal attacks)? They do seriously pitiful damage compared to the Sword Skills and didn't even recover a good amount (any???) of SP. Just Attack can also screw itself, the only thing it's good for is raising the Sword Skills' power, which is great if I HAVE SUFFICIENT SP TO DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Or if the Sword Skills actually FUCKING HIT.

Just Attacks didn't even do shit at Risk level 5. It's better to just do Sword Skill then Praise/Parry/Lightning Attack/whatever skill that raise SP than frigging mash buttons with oh so impeccable timing.

And what the hell is with Switching having CD man? My health is red and my partner, in all his/her glorious full green HP bar is fucking dancing at the side, and you tell me I can't switch because I already switched in the last, iunno ...5 hours? S/he even screamed at me to switch you dumb battle system. Speaking about cooldown, why the f*** does Parry takes so long to recharge? Well, I can let that slide because Shield Defense is freaking awesome; it blocks, heal HP and have low CD. Too bad you can't use dual wield with that.

Sigh. No offense to whoever loved this game, but this is an insult to Action-RPG genre. And I didn't even touch upon the translation or the SAO mechanics disparity (because that would be too anal).

Games like these made me long for another ./hack game. I'm gonna rinse myself with Ys Celceta a bit, at least when I die of purgatorial pink lightning and nigh undodgable earth spike, I know the fault lies with me not blocking/dodging quick enough. (Speaking of which, who actually has successfully defeated the Deer God in Celceta?)
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation   That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation 07v2DaMSat Jan 17, 2015 11:49 am

I did beat it once in my Japanese version.

But that was with Karna Spam iirc....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation   That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

That Thread Where The Topic Creator Ask For Recommendation
Page 1 of 1