Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken

Go down 
+41
GhostAnime
Silver Forte
Roadie
SRMS
Bo Staff Katana
Venom
King Cat the Sixth
Prinny
fateoffate
Moontoon
Falcom
Dracos
Rainstorm
Tenshigami
Harbinger
DylDawg
VanSensei
Prochainezo
Chosen Zelos
Arn
DoubleL
Samaƫl
Taiyz
HotFire
TalesofHysteria
Lloyzerdk
Slivendiferious
Dr. Casey
Suikoden
Jean
pupu
BlazingFiddlesticks
Naoshi
Cless Aileron
Grim
RoyFarrite
AzureEdge
Txn
Yumi-Yumi
Zacewing
Psypher
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMWed Feb 10, 2016 10:34 pm

Taiyz wrote:
[Vague Jormungand spoilers ahead]

Yeah, Jormungand's ending felt like a total cop out, like they introduce a conflict at the very end but then just say "okay whatever, let Koko do her thing" and Jonah remains irrelevant to the direction of the story. It's bothersome that there are basically no consequences for her actions. They go through the trouble of making you NOT root for her achieving her master plan even though you've rooted for her group the entire series, and then do nothing with that seed of doubt and it's all contained within a single episode even though it feels like they tried to start a new story arc.

It's so weird because there's practically no leadup to it, the story is fine until like the very last episode and then they just stop caring about justifying anything and it goes "Koko does this because, well, because, the end."

Anime endings are notoriously bad for not committing to anything and leaving a lot up to viewer interpretation so they don't piss everyone off, but this was like they wanted to commit to something just to say they did, which is probably even worse.

Yeah, that is exactly what bugged me about the ending. Though, from what I have heard the manga had the same ending as well. A 3rd season would work with that ending, though of course that ain't happening. I do wonder if Koko knows that planes won't crash or get lost due to her plan though... (Yay for knowing crap about planes that normal folk don't know)

Neg: USPS tracking still blows balls.
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMMon Feb 15, 2016 2:07 pm

Pos: Was amusing listening as Tenshi regaled on his rigorous journey for pants.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMMon Feb 15, 2016 2:50 pm

Suikoden wrote:
Pos: Was amusing listening as Tenshi regaled on his rigorous journey for pants.
I aim to please.

FFXIV aims to have me traipsing around the Coerthas Central Highland tundra, freezing my balls off in a friggin Boarskin Subligar. It was bad enough wearing the Boarskin Harness set itself since in that climate you might as well be naked - having the quests hold out on giving me the pants of the next set til last was insult to injury.

Spoiler:

EDIT because I don't want to double post:
Just... f*** dungeons. I know it was just one time of many, I know I shouldn't care so goddamn much, but my body won't fucking listen to me. WHY DOES MY STOMACH HAVE TO TWIST ITSELF IN KNOTS OVER SOMETHING LIKE THIS, IT'S JUST A GAME. And I've been playing it to relax and get AWAY from anxiety attacks like this. f*** me.

EDIT again Tues morning:
Feeling better now, mostly just upset that I was even upset, which only continues the spiral... Still just... fucking hell. I had actually been feeling really good yesterday. My work situation finally felt like things were going to be ok. Life still isn't what I'd really want out of it but it was something I could handle. Fast forward to last night and then BAM, anxiety and depression are back in full force over something so incredibly stupid. FML.

POS tho: Holy shit

As someone who does work on AMVs I can't help but feel like more of the animation should match the beat, but this is amazing regardless, especially because the guy animated it himself.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 2:16 am

Sooo, it has been two years since this forum started..... And it's still a barren wasteland lol
Back to top Go down
Samaƫl
Kamen Rider
Samaƫl

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 4:20 am

Positive: Got a new vehicle. 300x better than my previous car.
Fick: Keep forgetting to take my meds.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 12:11 pm

Its such a warm wasteland though, like a welcoming desert that's not really a desert because it feels all homey and there's good people there that are like water in a desert, so like an oasis wasteland.

Neg: Some family stuff got me hella down around my birthday, some real struggles with fear and anxiety over my sexuality

Pos: I'm okay-ish, I cleared some things up with my sister and I spent time with my niece and I had a great little party with some friends

Pos/Neg: Emailing profs to thesis supervise, i really hope someone takes me to A.get more experience and B.Better my chances of getting into a grad school

Pos: Applied to Disney Store again, hope I get that job since its pretty much the perfect part-time position for me.

Pos: knock on wood but this semester has gone pretty well so far, still waiting on some marks back for the stuff I submitted this week, but I only really have 3-4 busy weeks this semester and I've already completed one, so feeling good, hoping I can continue to bulk up my average so I can show a high average in my last two years to make up for the mediocre overall average

Fick: i really need to get on doing research on the GRE so I can start preparing and book a class

Pos: Oh yeah, I'm going on a trip to southeast Asia with my friends this summer, worried about how the scheduling will work and its taking a bit to get off the ground I do hope it happens and its a comfortable, read: not getting sick or dying of heat, experience
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMSun Feb 21, 2016 1:24 am

Lol idk: I've typed so much ridiculous stuff into FC chat tonight that they're going to be reminding me of it tmrw after I've forgotten about it.
Back to top Go down
Samaƫl
Kamen Rider
Samaƫl

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMSun Feb 21, 2016 6:29 pm

Negative: Ended up at the hospital for a kidney stone, left 5 hours later with a prescription with $72 worth of meds. Got a phone call this morning that I also have a really bad UTI. welp
Positive: Fire Emblem
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 12:25 am

I hope you have a speedy recovery Samaƫl. I agree Fire Emblem is a positive.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 2:46 pm

Neg: wish I'd stop getting so hung up on shit, be it work, friends, socializing, playing a game or anything else.

I haven't been able to really play FFXIV at all since the other day (holy crap was it really a week ago now?). I did a couple quests I accidentally found in East Thanalan last night but other than that the past week has consisted of me logging in, staring at the main story quest in my log that requires a dungeon run, and logging off.

I can't do it. I just can't. Terrible at being a ninja or not, my mind has latched onto the idea that I am and always will be a terrible one because I was never good at hitting buttons or keys really quickly in precise patterns without screwing up a lot. With friends it might be ok to mess up my mudras at times, but with randoms you'll always encounter the occasional group that expects you to "git gud" the higher your level is. Combine that with my last dungeon experience and just NOPE.

I'm kind of considering switching to monk, as my understanding is that monk is basically "mash buttons and be at either rear or flank based on combo", but that would require levelling up pugilist from 20 to where my Rogue/Ninja class is (41, 42 or so). I'm also kind of afraid I'll find I don't make a good monk either.

While I'm on the subject of FFXIV I suppose I should mention I'll be taking a break in a week or two when my free month ends. I need time to focus on an AMV for a contest.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 4:13 pm

Get well soon Sam <3

Tenshi, hope you feel better too. If its giving you too much anxiety I feel like switching might be a good idea, but at the same time, try to gently remind yourself its all about how much fun you have with your character (though how others react in an MMO does effect enjoyment I know). I hope whatever way it goes you have an amazing time with the game, you were having an amazing experience with it before <3 Good look with the AMV!
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMWed Feb 24, 2016 9:28 pm

Neg: Got a midterm tomorrow but I can't study for shit so gonna fail
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMThu Feb 25, 2016 12:08 am

Weird: A Hobo asks me for spare change. I refused and he said "You'll pay for this!"

I slowly walked away.
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMThu Feb 25, 2016 4:41 am

Harbinger wrote:
Weird: A Hobo asks me for spare change. I refused and he said "You'll pay for this!"

I slowly walked away.
I think I laughed harder than I probably should have at that. Am I a bad person? lol...

Pos: Visiting my mom in Mississippi

Neg: Rained since Sunday, only stopped Wednesday morning. -_____-
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMThu Feb 25, 2016 8:57 pm

Neg: It appears my department is downsizing, so despite the fact that I have excellent reviews, I may not have a full time job in the fall. Have to wait until Tuesday before I have a chance to figure out what is going on.
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMFri Feb 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Fick: Why am I just now noticing this place has a Steam group?
Back to top Go down
Chosen Zelos
Spicy Potato
Chosen Zelos

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMSun Feb 28, 2016 2:47 am

Frick: Got a few days off.. Thinking of trying to dye my hair again.
Pos: Started reading "Stand Still. Stay Silent." A webcomic I've had my eye on for a while, bookmarked and thought nothing of until now, so, just started. Interested in where it's going.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMMon Feb 29, 2016 11:21 pm

That is a good observation Venom, I keep forgetting to add people on basically anything LOL
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMTue Mar 01, 2016 2:20 am

And the name of the Steam group for this place is lol...

Neg: Missed a package from USPS, so now I gotta pick it up after I wake up tomorrow..
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMTue Mar 01, 2016 9:57 am

Neg: So apparently like a week ago, my uncle was released from the care center, but lasted less than a day before he had to go back. To make matters worse, yesterday he had another stroke. He came out of it OK (alive and as responsive as he was before the stroke, anyway) but it's served as another reminder that he's been living on borrowed time for over a year now. >_<
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMFri Mar 04, 2016 1:34 pm

Neg: Spring Break ending soon Sad
Back to top Go down
VanSensei

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMMon Mar 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Pos: I'm very drunk
Fick: It's 60 degrees in Minnesotq
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMMon Mar 07, 2016 3:54 pm

^Pos: and what amazing weather it is. I can actually go outside without immediately wishing I weren't. Winter has not been kind to me and I've felt like a freaking hermit for far too long.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMTue Mar 22, 2016 2:41 am

Neg NEg NEG: I waited too long to pre-order Babymetal's new album because the Wikipedia article made it sound like all the LEs and stuff were getting a worldwide release, but only the standard version is being released internationally. Twice now, I've had the LE album queued up for a pre-order with Amazon.co.jp, went to confirm one last thing before doing an impulse order, and within minutes it's sold out. Tonight I even got as far as the last page of the checkout process.

I'm so goddamn disappointed right now.

EDIT POS: AND I'M ALSO FUCKING STUBBORN AND JUST WAITED UNTIL ONE UNIT CAME IN STOCK AGAIN

I WIN AMAZON KYAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Back to top Go down
VanSensei

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaMWed Mar 23, 2016 11:46 pm

Pos: Filharmonic was very good
Fick: I'm very drunk
Pos: My God, Chef Boyardee hits the spot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 20 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken
Page 20 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next