Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Love Live! School Idol Project

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Love Live! School Idol Project Empty
PostSubject: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMMon Dec 14, 2015 4:32 am

http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/top/maxfigwd00279.html thought you might want to know DylDawg.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-13/love-live-film-gets-canadian-screenings-in-early-2016/.96460 this isn't really a great idea considering that season 2 doesn't come out until February.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMFri Dec 25, 2015 2:38 pm

Already pre-ordered. With Nendo Training Nico too: https://i.imgur.com/CU7VSFH.png lol

Also finally got to watch the movie (don't worry. I'll watch it when it comes to theaters too next year). And I was smiling so much throughout it, even with the emotional parts/

Thank you for everything Muse.

/GoawayAquorslol
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMThu Feb 04, 2016 7:27 pm

I leave, a mere boy...
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMFri Feb 05, 2016 12:00 am

...and I return, a man who has seen Love Live! The School Idol Movie!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMFri Feb 05, 2016 9:30 pm

...Because nobody wants to comment on my dorkiness, I'm gonna crosspost my summary from a conversation with Falcom.

I marathoned S2 leading up to the movie, since I had already pre-ordered it I felt entitled to do so. As usual, since I take for-fucking-ever to watch stuff, I ended up marathoning the last five episodes on the day of the movie itself. >_>

Quote :
Taiyz: FYI the current screenings for Love Live are indeed giving away posters. The ticket taker was handing them out from behind his little kiosk
Taiyz: http://www.azolandpictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/LLM_GIVEAWAY2.jpg
Falcomster: Did you get one?
Falcomster: Thought you couldn't make it to the movie xD
Taiyz: I got two, actually, the ticket taker just grabbed them haphazardly and said "oh well"
Taiyz: And no, my issue was that I needed to marathon the second season before the movie
Taiyz: I had yesterday and I have the 13th off so making it there isn't a problem
Taiyz: I had less than two weeks to watch the second season and I watch stuff veeeeery slowly because I've got so many different things going on. Video games to play, YouTube subscriptions to watch (that quite frankly usually provide enough entertainment to cover a work night)
Taiyz: I watched one episode one night, three episodes the next, four episodes a couple nights later, and then I watched the last 5 during the day of the movie itself because I kept falling asleep on the couch due to work being exhausting
Falcomster: The things you do for Love Live man
Taiyz: Yee

Taiyz: On a related note, you were correct, Rin's character development did happen in S2
Taiyz: I reviewed part of the thread for any loose ends I had forgotten about because NISA took forever to dub the show, that's the big thing I remember that didn't get addressed in the first season

Taiyz: Overall though, I felt that the first season was better
Taiyz: probably because I marathoned it, S2 felt much shorter
Taiyz: but it could also be due to the fact that S2 kind of had three major goals that were clearly scheduled. Qualify for the prelims, beat A-RISE, then do Love Live!
Taiyz: The first season had more twists, and the narrative of getting each member to join was more interesting than the individual character arcs of S2
Taiyz: though I enjoyed Rin and Nozomi's episodes, I also had to suffer through Nico's family of clones
Taiyz: I also kinda feel like S1's songs were planned better
Taiyz: the thing that always bothers me about music shows, is that the audience of the show needs to feel the same as the audience INSIDE the show
Taiyz: and that is incredibly difficult because music is so subjective
Taiyz: In S1, I felt that all the songs were written perfectly to fit the theme of what's going on in the characters' lives and punctuated the story well, and the big songs really hit the emotional marks
Taiyz: with S2,
Taiyz: I felt that, while the song that got them into the prelims was well-written, all that leadup of them sharing the stage with A-RISE was kind of wasted because m's song didn't have as much impact as Shocking Party IMO

Taiyz: That said,
Taiyz: Snow Halation being the song that they all wrote together, and lead them to beating A-RISE, was thematically very strong
Taiyz: the problem is that because of the 2nd Love Live's format...
Taiyz: That was basically the climax of the show
Taiyz: and while it hit that mark perfectly,
Taiyz: the inevitable performance at Love Live was not as powerful as you might think because there was no longer a feeling that there was a competition, (it WAS a competition still, but they literally showed none of the other idol groups because A-RISE was the only rival, and they were already defeated!)
Taiyz: and the INCREDIBLY wishy-washy writing of IS M'S GOING TO END OR NOT such that they had to make a goddamn movie full of new songs before they finally ended things, they really blew the ending to S2 IMO
Taiyz: Also the fact that Bokura no Live kimi no to Life or whatever was EXACTLY the same animation as OP1 was a downer. I appreciate it when a plot comes full circle, but there still needs to be that OH SHIT moment where you see how far they've come. Recycling the animation doesn't achieve that. Start Dash!! in S1 was SOOOOO PERFECT to see them all do it together
Taiyz: (Wow I actually got that right although I swapped "to no" around)

Taiyz: What I did appreciate about the ending is how S2 ended with a (presumably) non-canon song just like the first episode did, with them dancing in front of the school
Taiyz: But it's a problem that that song was more fitting than the actual songs performed at Love Live and during the prelims were, IMO anyway
Taiyz: In fact the songs that I mentioned so far are my favourites. Snow Halation followed by Shocking Party followed by the song at the very end of S2
Taiyz: (my favourites from S2*)
Taiyz: Rin's song at the fashion show wasn't bad, but her song in the movie was fantastic
Taiyz: The movie was very goofy though with how they handled each school years' songs like a musical where they just suddenly broke out into song
Taiyz: The 1st and 3rd years were the best, I just wish that the 3rd and 2nd years had a leader in a costume like Rin was
Taiyz: Also, the Honkfather rocking glowsticks was a major highlight

Taiyz: I kinda feel like, because it's Sunrise, Love Live sufferred from a bit of Code Geass syndrome
Taiyz: with Code Geass, they scrapped the original S1 ending, rewrote episode 23 so they could make 24-25 into a movie that completely altered the plans for S2
Taiyz: with Love Live, the ending to the movie is VERY thematically appropriate by involving all school idols, although I wish the ending song with the flower display had more leadup because it's unclear if that was the one Maki wrote or not, or where and how that final performance actually took place (since the collab was supposed to be their final and they weren't gonna perform at the dome; ) the collab between A-RISE and m's was also undercooked IMO because A-RISE was just hanging out under the UDX screen instead of sharing the stage with m's like the dialogue had lead me to believe
Taiyz: but it feels like the ending to S2 was pushed back to make room for the movie

Taiyz: Oh, oh!
Taiyz: Love Live dub cast is being tweeted one at a time
Taiyz: Fittingly, by each actress
Taiyz: was* anyway
http://www.examiner.com/article/love-live-airs-on-us-tv-english-voice-cast-revealed
Taiyz: Christina Vee as Kotori is perfect
Taiyz: Kira Buckland as Umi is an interesting choice

Oh yeah, and I feel like the movie is probably one of the best anime representations of America I've ever seen. Nozomi knowing English is also super hot.

Edit: In the bit up there I was referring to Bokura wa Ima no Naka de, actually.
Second Edit: I changed my mind a bit regarding Yume no Tobira. I thought it was good before, but I keep feeling like I have to watch it whenever I watch Shocking Party, it is indeed endearing, I just think that the episode felt kinda rushed compared to the one with Snow Halation. My thoughts regarding the actual performance at Love Live still stand though, maybe that'll change when I rewatch the series via the dub.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMWed Feb 17, 2016 2:47 pm

So the Love Live dub happened.

I love what I heard from it.

I feel like a hipster for liking it tho. The LL fans are kinda...there is merit to what they are saying but...I can't help but feel they looking down on those who like it hahahaha

Caitlin Glass as Maki is weeeeirddd. Idinno what to feel hahaha. I keep hearing Rose in my tomato.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMWed Feb 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Erm, the hipsters by definition would be the people who swear by the subs. Like, "I was into Love Live before it got, like, all English and shitty, maaaaaaaaaaaaan."
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 2:15 am

Goddamn hipsters thinking their opinionss are absolute!

Also Taiyz loves to talk a lot on Skype, yeah.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 2:58 am

BTW Dawgfather, here, have some gum.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 3:55 am

Taiyz wrote:
BTW Dawgfather, here, have some gum.

I love this, but it's so out of character for our serious-tsundere-no-fun Tomato.

Love Live! School Idol Project CH7ZeeK
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMThu Feb 18, 2016 4:06 am

Nah, I'm sure Nozomi just tricked her into auditioning somehow and she had to roll with it.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 10:43 am

So after all my gripe with Aquors...I ended up liking Riko.

Ffffffffffff-
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Well, you could kind of argue that if LL Sunshine didn't have at least one character you liked, it'd kinda be a failure. It is Sunrise after all, it's all about merchandising and character association.

I thought the show wasn't airing until the summer though?
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMMon Feb 22, 2016 10:17 pm

Just looking at videos and art made me leik her initially.

It might change when the actual anime comes out tho.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMWed Feb 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Angelic Angel and BokuHikari is still my shit.

Been listening to so many versions while trying to study, hnggh.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMThu Feb 25, 2016 6:07 am

Falcom wrote:
Angelic Angel and BokuHikari is still my shit.

Been listening to so many versions while trying to study, hnggh.

Are you sure you're studying, or crying?
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMSat Mar 12, 2016 4:15 am

Marcellus Black showcasing the Nico Nico Knee
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3u48ox
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMFri Mar 18, 2016 7:19 pm

Apparently there's an English dub now? I would hope that includes singing as well, switching between the two would be kinda dumb.

http://store.nisamerica.com/preorders/love-live-school-idol-project-complete-standard-series-movie
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMSat Mar 19, 2016 2:06 am

Yeah we talked about that more in the original hijack thread. The standard S1 and all releases of S2 and the movie have a dub now. I haven't gotten around to watching it yet but I assume the music isn't dubbed.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMSat Mar 19, 2016 5:56 pm

They aren't.

Maki sounds off (Damny you Zestiria Rose lol). Everyone else sounds great though.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMTue Apr 05, 2016 12:52 am

So the Final Live got satellite ripped by the Chinese and is up for download. Enjoy the 67 GB DL.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMThu Jun 09, 2016 12:13 pm

It's Nozomi day 2016!

Get yourself some yakiniku
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=57297226

and check out this cosplay video containing some washi washi action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfTaP6uV4Yc
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMSun Jul 03, 2016 6:00 am

So Love Live! Sunshine, right? It's certainly more Love Live!, but...

I kinda wish that Dia, Riko, the foreigner and You didn't retread so much ground though. Does Dia have to be against school idols because of her serious background? Does Riko have to be a red-haired pianist that initially refuses to join? Did the foreigner have to be blonde again? Why does You, a childhood friend, do the Kotori face in the OP? Again the first episode ends with the three second-years doing a song, which despite the OP, immediately ruins the joke in the last scene because we know she's going to join.

When people are already super skeptical, I don't think so much should have remained similar.

Thus far the alien and the shy girl appeal to me the most just because their gags were acted out in a unique way. Riko's introduction was too much classic anime.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMTue Jul 05, 2016 2:38 am

Dia seems to know a lot about school idols so hopefully the show speeds things up a bit. The show made it pretty clear who the main cast will be.

Also wind powers.

Yoshiko YOHANE Tsushima is the best.

Love Live! School Idol Project BQr4fLZ

Love Live! School Idol Project Iu90Heg

Love Live! School Idol Project L4ck02Q
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaMTue Jul 05, 2016 8:40 am

She was pretty amusing, mostly due to the facial expressions, but I have a bad feeling that she's gonna be the Nico of this show with her fallen angel shtick.

You could argue that it's basically required for a school council prez to be aware of school idols in this universe, but considering that she knows that nobody in the school can compose music/lyrics, it means that she probably tried to start a school idol club herself and failed in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love Live! School Idol Project   Love Live! School Idol Project 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Love Live! School Idol Project
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next