Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Heroes of the Kharlan War (Spoilers! Stay away if you haven't at least talked to the Storyteller)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zionhyome

Heroes of the Kharlan War (Spoilers! Stay away if you haven't at least talked to the Storyteller) Empty
PostSubject: Heroes of the Kharlan War (Spoilers! Stay away if you haven't at least talked to the Storyteller)   Heroes of the Kharlan War (Spoilers! Stay away if you haven't at least talked to the Storyteller) 07v2DaMSat Mar 05, 2016 10:59 pm

A couple things bother me with them. The first is: how did they get so powerful? I know they use Cruxis Crystals to achieve their Angelic Forms, but how did they get the idea to make them? It seems like, when they started out, they only had Exspheres. Who came up with the idea to evolve them into Cruxis Crystals? And how was the technology perfected within Kratos' lifetime? This one only kind of bugs me, because it could just that Mithos created the first 4 with the Eternal Sword. That would beg different questions, but I'm not too worried about it.

The one I'm really confused about is how Mithos survived within his Cruxis Crystal. This one has bugged me since the first time I played the game. Anytime someone's consciousness had been captured by an ExSphere, they were the host body, not the user. With Mithos using the powers of his Cruxis Crystal (which is still an ExSphere) it would seem that he wasn't the host body. Marble and Anna are heavily implied to be in the ExSpheres that they made, and Alicia is shown to be in hers. Why, then, does Mithos get stuck in a Cruxis Crystal that wasn't created by his body?
Back to top Go down
Saeko

Saeko

Heroes of the Kharlan War (Spoilers! Stay away if you haven't at least talked to the Storyteller) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of the Kharlan War (Spoilers! Stay away if you haven't at least talked to the Storyteller)   Heroes of the Kharlan War (Spoilers! Stay away if you haven't at least talked to the Storyteller) 07v2DaMSun Mar 06, 2016 1:09 am

zionhyome wrote:
A couple things bother me with them. The first is: how did they get so powerful? I know they use Cruxis Crystals to achieve their Angelic Forms, but how did they get the idea to make them? It seems like, when they started out, they only had Exspheres. Who came up with the idea to evolve them into Cruxis Crystals? And how was the technology perfected within Kratos' lifetime? This one only kind of bugs me, because it could just that Mithos created the first 4 with the Eternal Sword. That would beg different questions, but I'm not too worried about it.

The Cruxis Crytals, known as High-Exspheres at the time, are an evolved form of Exspheres developed during the Kharlan War and used by Sylvaranti soldiers and Tethe'allan knights; Kratos and Yuan most likely received theirs when they reached the required rank and later supplied one to Mithos and Martel. The production methods were eventually lost and only a handful survived the war (the ones used by the Seraphim and the Chosens), the Angelus Project is Cruxis' attempts at recreating them. The EXGem MAX is technically a Cruxis Crystal/High-Exsphere but the game mechanics prevents us from using it as such.

zionhyome wrote:
The one I'm really confused about is how Mithos survived within his Cruxis Crystal. This one has bugged me since the first time I played the game. Anytime someone's consciousness had been captured by an ExSphere, they were the host body, not the user. With Mithos using the powers of his Cruxis Crystal (which is still an ExSphere) it would seem that he wasn't the host body. Marble and Anna are heavily implied to be in the ExSpheres that they made, and Alicia is shown to be in hers. Why, then, does Mithos get stuck in a Cruxis Crystal that wasn't created by his body?

He actually faked his death at that point by sending his body to Vinheim and somehow transferring his consciousness into his Cruxis Crystal. Knowing that Exspheres feed off the host's emotions, one could argue that Marble, Anna and Alicia left an emotional imprint into their Exspheres rather than their consciousness.
Back to top Go down

Heroes of the Kharlan War (Spoilers! Stay away if you haven't at least talked to the Storyteller)
Page 1 of 1