Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spring Anime 2016 Season

Go down 
+3
Rainstorm
Falcom
King Cat the Sixth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

Spring Anime 2016 Season Empty
PostSubject: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMMon Apr 04, 2016 6:42 am

obligatory what you watch thread

http://anichart.net/spring

Re:Zero because manga is cool, and while protag may seem weak and plot seems generic trans-dimensional fantasy at first, i heard from web novel discussion (no translation yet Sad) that the story became despair and have good character development later on.

Sakamoto desu ga? because it's sakamoto, you know

Big Order because yandere. well maybe not dere, just yan. And I love the design of MC's 'Stand' thing.

Mayoiga's description sounds like it is either slice-of-village-life or survival-"human is scum" thing. Both sounds cool enough, but I do need more of the latter, like Suicide Island.

Probably gonna try the generic fantasy sword-magic stuff too like Endride, Hundred, and Seisen Cerberus. Sousei no Omyouji is ehh, because it felt too much like Owari no Seraph and Ao no Exorcist.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMMon Apr 04, 2016 1:57 pm

So far, I have only checked (Spring)

Endride: It wasn't good. Dropped it before the end of the episode.

Terra Formars: What have they done? From gruesome to uninspiring fights...

Gundam: I saw the movie. I'm not sure what to expect.

I'll be checking other series, naturally.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMFri Apr 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Lots of good ones the season.

-JoJo cause IT'S DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE. Crazy Diamond is my fave stand of all time.

-Space Patrol Luluco cause Trigger shorts are the best. Inferno Cop is in it.

-Macross Delta. Idols and Mechas. I should look at the older ones too. Satelight delivers with idols + anything (SYMPHOGEAR)

-That Netoge anime has a nice artstyle.

-Girl Meets Bear. I did not expect those kind of jokes in a show that looks like a relaxing SOL. hahahaha

Might watch Sakamoto, Bakuon, and old animes as well.

I would watch Twin Stars Exorcist, but, they added an anime original mascot character. I love the manga so...Binbougami Ga was better and more unique to be honest.

And something that I am watching that isn't this season: Gundam 0079. Screw IBO, 0079 is really great and fun *Buys Revive Rx78 and Origin Char Zaku*.

Symphogear S4 and S5 details when.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMSun Apr 10, 2016 12:48 am

Re:Zero is awesome! Best of the season for me so far.

My Hero Academia looks promising.

Ace Attorney unfortunately looks like ass, but it's looking to be a rather faithful adaptation.

Endride is friggin terrible. Avoid at all costs!

Kiznaiver could be good.

Flying Witch - Oh my God, my sides! It's kinda like Kiki's Delivery Service in a way, except they've made it so she freaks her friends the hell out whenever she does witchy things. When it got to the Mandrake I just had to make a gif.

[spoilerbox]Spring Anime 2016 Season ZLUjBxZ[/spoilerbox]
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMTue Apr 12, 2016 2:40 pm

My Hero Academia's prologue is as heart-wrenching as ever. I teared up a bit when All Might finally said the words Izuku wanted to hear. Child Izuku crying while smiling gets me everytime, no child should be told they are useless.

Re:Zero feels kinda slow to pick up, and too much
Spoiler:
Satella shot it's getting annoying. Well once it picks up, delicious despair is to be had. From the pace, I kinda hope they're going until at least the third arc.

Netoge no Yome has surprisingly good animation, too bad the story became stagnant later on. But I like the parodies they're inserting. Yamcha pose wins everything.
Spring Anime 2016 Season 4YpAQ5R

Kiznaiver is weird. So much infodump and philosophy babble I can't really take it seriously. Probably give it 2 episodes or something.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMSun Apr 17, 2016 6:36 am

Kanabari preeeeeetty good

Endride is blah but still gonna stick with it
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMThu Apr 21, 2016 11:44 pm

Flying Witch is pretty chillax. The opening is quite catchy too.

As a fan of the manga, My Hero Academia is a pretty spot on adaptation, albeit a bit slow paced. The OST (being from the Build Fighters composer) makes the thrilling and chilling moments@ even more hype and emotional.

As for Macross Delta....I'm on Team Freyja dammit. She so lively and energetic it's soothing. Dunno if I want her to end up with Hayate tho.
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMFri Apr 22, 2016 5:52 pm

I think after exams I might trying flying witch and My Hero Academia! I was going to try Endride but the consensus seems to be pretty terrible LOL

Big Order seemed interesting but the opening makes it seem a bit much and I don't like some of what I've read about it.

Kiznaiver looks like its going to be either really good to me or just really extra, I think I'll give that one some time before I try it out.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMThu Apr 28, 2016 11:58 pm

For every moment that Kabaneri totally isn't ripping off Attack on Titan, there are moments where it undeniably is.

I almost want to defend it but moments like this one (in ep 3) make it impossible:
[spoilerbox]"My purpose in life... is to destroy the Kabane!" (relevant AoT scene)[/spoilerbox]
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMFri Apr 29, 2016 6:06 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
For every moment that Kabaneri totally isn't ripping off Attack on Titan, there are moments where it undeniably is.

I almost want to defend it but moments like this one (in ep 3) make it impossible:
[spoilerbox]"My purpose in life... is to destroy the Kabane!" (relevant AoT scene)[/spoilerbox]

Well, I was under the impression that this anime was from the same studio as AoT. From my point of view, you just replace Titans with zombies Razz

Also, the "one purpose" MC is not that unique. Even in ToGf, Asbel was all about "PROTECT".

Also, the ending of Ep3 reminds me of Valrape v_v
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMSun May 08, 2016 7:39 pm

The soundtrack of My Hero Academia extremely complements the heroic moments of Deku and class. Especially with Deku's hero/growth moments.

BF Composer stepping up his game. Didn't really like the BFTry OST nor the dubsteap stuff he has on the first BF OST.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMMon May 09, 2016 1:46 am

Tenshigami wrote:

So basically what you're saying is that this is like Guilty Crown, which was an attempt to reclaim the success of Code Geass.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMMon May 09, 2016 9:31 am

Taiyz wrote:
So basically what you're saying is that this is like Guilty Crown, which was an attempt to reclaim the success of Code Geass.
Well, it is the same director.

Also, need to share this: Japanese Fans Polled on Favorite Mid-Season Spring 2016 Anime

Anime News Network wrote:
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress conquered the top spot with 572 votes. It won praise for its appealing setting, its high-quality art, music and animation, and the unpredictability of its plot.
Spring Anime 2016 Season 7xpub
Hahaha what? I love Kabaneri so far and take no issue with it being in the top spot because over all it's really good, but of all the reasons I like the show, the "unpredictability of its plot" is not one of them. It's the same exact formula as Attack on Titan, just with some things switched around like zombies instead of titans.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMTue May 10, 2016 8:52 am

Tenshigami wrote:
Taiyz wrote:
Well, it is the same director.
Interesting that he didn't work on Code Geass, but he did work on Death Note which many claim Code Geass was similar to.

Seems like this guy has moments of greatness but is quick to cash in when the going gets good. Has me kinda worried about AoT season 2 (then again you could claim that Death Note's second half sucked so much because it did in the manga too.)
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMWed Jun 01, 2016 4:37 am

GIRI GIRI AIIIIII

IKENAI BODARAIIIINNNN

Macross Delta songs are pretty damn catchy.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMWed Jun 01, 2016 11:55 am

^Shame about that whole Harmony Gold BS tho. Neutral

Long overdue in saying this but Re:Zero is really freaking great and y'all should watch it. Only real issue I have with it is how freaking long the current arc has been. He really needs a new reset point. In the show's defense though, this arc being so long helps drive the point home how devastating each failure is for Subaru, and we're suffering along with him in that regard. He keeps bonding with characters over and over again only for him to die and reset within 5 days and have to do it all over again with only him remembering all his time with them,
Spoiler:

Going back to a reset point when you die does have its advantages though.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMSun Jun 12, 2016 1:34 am

Hey Tenshigami, you've been watching a lot of Sentai's new dubbed shows, are there any that they didn't muck up?

I'm kind of interested in watching No Game, No Life after seeing
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMWed Jul 06, 2016 3:17 am

So I found a dub clip of that gag, holy f*** Sentai's editors have no fucking idea what they're translating. Guess I should just avoid any comedies localized by Sentai, that was worse than "kick logic out the door".
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMSun Jul 31, 2016 3:17 pm

big order episode 10 - i was kinda late about this but

holy shit it was really incest?!?!?@!? well, technically inseki, but holy mother of god this show can air???
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMSun Jul 31, 2016 6:19 pm

You actually managed to finish Big Order?

I actually dropped it when it had the incest/bath scene with her little sister... -_-
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaMSun Jul 31, 2016 8:44 pm

^I finished Big Order. Totally worth it for the glorious trainwreck. Definitely falls into "so bad it's hilariously entertaining" territory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring Anime 2016 Season   Spring Anime 2016 Season 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Spring Anime 2016 Season
Page 1 of 1