Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Summer Anime 2016

Go down 
+2
King Cat the Sixth
Harbinger
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

Summer Anime 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Summer Anime 2016   Summer Anime 2016 07v2DaMThu Jun 30, 2016 7:01 pm

What shall you be watching?

At the moment, I got my eyes on:

Tales of Zestiria the X
Berserk
Arslan Senki
Danganronpa 3 (both, whatever it is)

Things that I will give a chance:

91 Days
Hitori no Shita: the outcast (Because zombies. I'll drop it instantly if it sucks though)
Mob Psycho 100
...and some other stuff
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

Summer Anime 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime 2016   Summer Anime 2016 07v2DaMThu Jun 30, 2016 7:29 pm

Fate/kaleid 3rei for Shirou's badassery!!
handa-kun because Handa being awkward is always funny.
ReLIFE's webmanga is great, and most SoL adaptations are good so I have high expectation for this. I do wonder until what chapter is this adaptation gonna be, hopefully at least until the big reveal.
orange is interesting, I like stuff like time travel and changing the future shenanigans.
And Active Raid I guess.

I'm also cautious towards Hitori no Shita. Might be a hidden gem, but the way the description goes, MC sounds like a wuss.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

Summer Anime 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime 2016   Summer Anime 2016 07v2DaMFri Jul 01, 2016 11:21 pm

Re:Life is amazing. I haven't seen all those (leaked, I think) episodes, but from what I have seen, it is fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Naoshi

Naoshi

Summer Anime 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime 2016   Summer Anime 2016 07v2DaMWed Jul 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Here is the chart:

http://anichart.net/summer
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

Summer Anime 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime 2016   Summer Anime 2016 07v2DaMThu Jul 07, 2016 2:36 am

Sweetness and Lightning seems promising. I cannot stop watching anime about food, apparently.
I've played Puzzle & Dragons for a long time, so I had to watch PAD Cross. It being an anime based on a game with no story, some sort of plot had to be made. Unfortunately, its just an uninspired mush of sci-fi, action, and super hero anime. Oh and Pokemon, definitely some Pokemon elements here.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

Summer Anime 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime 2016   Summer Anime 2016 07v2DaMSat Jul 09, 2016 4:10 am

New Game was amusing. Aoba is such a spaz. They could do that gag where she gets locked out of the office when she goes to the bathroom every episode and I would never get sick of it. There's also lots of small game references peppered throughout the show.

Amanchu was great. Nice chill show to watch after a busy day.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Summer Anime 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime 2016   Summer Anime 2016 07v2DaMSun Jul 10, 2016 12:04 am

Man, Love Live! Sunshine!! is great and all, but seriously

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-20/natsume-book-of-friends-tv-anime-gets-season-5-this-fall/.100011

f*** SUMMER, BRING ON THE FALL
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

Summer Anime 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime 2016   Summer Anime 2016 07v2DaMThu Jul 21, 2016 7:27 am

Qualidea Code is a generic highschool power battle anime but somehow, I like the characters, even when they are pretty much generic trope mashup. Probably because it's not a haremshit loke most generic highschool power battle anime.

Icchan is the arrogant, trash-talking, proud chuuni.
Kasumi is the lazy, underperforming but skilled siscon.
Asuha is the kuu+tsun(+yan?)dere brocon.
Canaria is the basic support, childhoold friend idol.
Maihime is the OP idiot.
Hotaru is the katana wielding cool woman who suffers from 'Himenium' addiction.

And then there's the manly pervert old man teacher and the motherly teacher.

Generic as hell, but their interactions are pretty fun to watch. The cast can fit in a Tales game of their own and it's probably going to be enjoyable.

That 'experiencing other's POV' scene in episode 2 was hilarious.

------------------------------------------

what the hell, Hitori no Shita is Yi Ren Zhi Xia lolololol ....Hitori...shita...under one person goddammit

------------------------------------------

ReLIFE episode 13 - ahhhh that reveal was wholly unnecessary. The manga built-up Kaizaki's inner turmoil so good that we are just can't help cheering for him (which makes the reveal a whole lot sweeter). I guess that's the problem with 13 episodes only though.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

Summer Anime 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime 2016   Summer Anime 2016 07v2DaMSun Aug 07, 2016 10:12 am

^Hime is Aoi Yuuki at least.

Aside from Love Live Sunshine, I'm just continuing Macross Delta (Freyja is love.) and Kuromukuro.

Mob Psycho is pretty fun. I occasionally watch Berserk and it's not the best, but amusingly entertaining.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

Summer Anime 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime 2016   Summer Anime 2016 07v2DaMMon Aug 08, 2016 3:42 pm

Active Raid is great, Samurai Flamenco's 'first 6 episode'-tier fun. Taiyz should watch it.

Nobunaga Shimazaki sounds a lot like Mamoru Miyano. |:

Qualidea Code 4/5: Wait, wha? What? Really? How? There's really no plot armor? The f***? Seriously? Why? Oh shit what?

...Really?

Wow. This feels like muvluv chomp scene all over again.

Orange 6: Suwa. You massive bro, you. And that omniscient smile at the end.

So does this count as NTR?
Spoiler:
This is Tomoda-tier broness here. Heck, this surpass Tomoda easily.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

Summer Anime 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime 2016   Summer Anime 2016 07v2DaMTue Sep 13, 2016 9:52 am

Got around to watching the FFXV pre-game media.

Bros in the Hood was pretty good, although they don't explain how Ignis came to be part of the Noct squad. It's hard to piece the timeline together because in Prompto's short, Luna looks high school age and is supposed to be captive somewhat far off in Tenebrae, but somehow her little dog makes it most of the way to a weird Japanese suburb in Insomnia, and then breaks out of Prompto's house mysteriously and makes it back in short order. Ignis also doesn't look much older than Noctis in that short, but he's apparently his aide or whatever...Just seems like a weird relationship.

Prompto's backstory is kind of surprising, but is a bit too convenient, possibly due to the poor subtitling. I noticed that a lot of shorter phrases were rewritten to be a bit edgier, so I wonder if we're not getting the full story. It seems weird to me that Luna would just say "Noctis is very busy and doesn't have time to make friends, so you should talk to him" and Prompto would basically change his entire life around because of that. It would make a lot more sense if she said something like "Noctis doesn't make friends easily because they all treat him special, if you could be a normal friend for him..." that would make a lot more sense and justify Prompto's actions because he's got such a big heart. They could have also made Noctis seem a bit friendlier in the scene where he calls Prompto heavy. You can tell there's no malice behind it and that Noctis totally would've been friends with Prompto as he is. It's Prompto's low self-esteem that causes him to have a need for self-improvement, thinking he can't be the friend that Noctis needs until he gets fit and works on his social awkwardness, but because Noctis' dialogue in the short basically consists of "heavy" and "oh, gotta go!" they don't really develop their relationship.

I'm gonna ignore the awkwardness of Prompto smelling Luna's letter as a weird Japanese thing, but it does leave me concerned about why Prompto is so excited to meet Luna when she's already arranged to marry Noctis and they're childhood friends and all that. Those scenes make it seem like Prompto has more of a crush than admiration, the latter of which was presumably what they should have been aiming for but completely fucked themselves by making Prompto obsessed with the smell of her letter of all things, he doesn't even know anything about her.

Finally, there's the last scene where Noctis says "don't I know you?" That is WAY too Japanese from a writing standpoint, it's too vague. Does Noctis remember all the times he saw Prompto and acknowledge his change for the better, or has he completely forgotten that child who was just as awkward as him but in other ways? If he forgot, doesn't that make Noctis seem like an asshole yet again? They're clearly trying to portray Noctis as an aloof but ultimately friendly person, awkward because of his shyness, but because the Japanese SUCK at portraying nuanced personalities like that, it doesn't come off right.

So yeah, that short has a lot of potential and you know what they wanted to get across, unfortunately they f*** it up at every turn. Hopefully the game isn't quite so hamfisted.

I don't have a lot to say about Kingsglaive, it's about as much as you could expect from a Final Fantasy CG side story. I don't have a high opinion of Advent Children either mind you, because these stories feel generally unnecessary for the most part. I nitpicked the weird Japanese suburb from Brotherhood, and the very Japanese apartment building Noctis lives in; Kingsglaive doesn't have any of that, but it does have advertisements for Japan Airlines, Uniqlo, Audi and Beats which are super immersion-breaking.

I mean I can understand the product placement, but I guess Japan actually exists in Final Fantasy land, guys! HOW INTERESTING, MAKES YOU WANNA JUST BUY THE DELUXE EDITION SO YOU CAN GET YOUR AUDI DLC AND HAVE MORE OF THE REAL WORLD IN-GAME, DOESN'T IT?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer Anime 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime 2016   Summer Anime 2016 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Summer Anime 2016
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tales of Reservia :: General Subforums :: Anime-
Jump to: