Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Games you've played today

Go down 
+54
Moontoon
JohtoRed
Celestial Phoenix
Prochainezo
Cless Aileron
Yumi-Yumi
Bo Staff Katana
Emil12345
Sakura1106
Sherstelle
Meow Wow
TalesofHysteria
Dracos
Zacewing
AriArk2000
watermelon-lhant
ShirleyVaga
Chosen of Mana
Twinrehz
Silver Forte
Juanblue85
Psypher
Varrius
Hasta_Extermi
TrulyBigHeaded
Naoshi
King Cat the Sixth
Yoh-dono
Tenshigami
Prinny
senelcoolidge
Arn
Taiyz
Sapphie
SRMS
Red_Rose
BlazingFiddlesticks
warriorangel01
Suki
Abicion
Jean
Jazzeh
Falcom
DylDawg
GroundhogDay
shemwell99
Rainstorm
Txn
Meowzy
HCSteven
Venom
Suikoden
Harbinger
Slivendiferious
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

Games you've played today - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMFri Jun 13, 2014 10:29 pm

Still playing lewd idol game.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Jun 14, 2014 1:15 am

Abicion wrote:
Fable Anniversary.  Why does some janky old 10-year-old Xbox-era game that is supposed to be specifically optimized for the Xbox 360 play so horribly on the 360?

Lionhead can't code worth a damn? Laughing There's a PC version coming, or you could just play the original PC version as well. It still holds up pretty well.

Anyway, I started playing FFXII IZJS for the third time. I've played through the main game twice, but I'm hoping this time I can do everything. It looks pretty nice in PCSX2.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Jun 14, 2014 1:48 am

Wild Arms 5:
Kartikeya (Best voice actor-Kefka!!!): Blown a hole.
Persephone (Best battle theme): Reformed and Relieved.
Elvis (Best Sentinel and Best Veruni): ???
Fereydoon (Badass Mask and Cyber Ninja Samurai Armor): ???
Back to top Go down
Twinrehz

Twinrehz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Jun 14, 2014 4:28 am

Prinny wrote:
Abicion wrote:
Fable Anniversary.  Why does some janky old 10-year-old Xbox-era game that is supposed to be specifically optimized for the Xbox 360 play so horribly on the 360?

Lionhead can't code worth a damn? Laughing There's a PC version coming, or you could just play the original PC version as well. It still holds up pretty well.

Anyway, I started playing FFXII IZJS for the third time. I've played through the main game twice, but I'm hoping this time I can do everything. It looks pretty nice in PCSX2.
Oh wow, I thought it was going to remain an X360 only game.

OT: Today I'll be playing the waiting game  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Jun 14, 2014 5:41 am

DylDawg wrote:
Wild Arms 5:
Elvis (Best Sentinel and Best Veruni): ???
Fereydoon (Badass Mask and Cyber Ninja Samurai Armor): ???
I prefer Kartikeya's theme, but Persephone's is great as well.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Jun 14, 2014 6:41 am

Wild Arms 5:
Elvis (Best Sentinel and Best Veruni): Daughterly love slapped
Fereydoon (Badass Mask and Cyber Ninja Samurai Armor): Lucille'd

Persephone and Fereydoon have the best/appropriate duel themes out of the four, but Elvis is just so memorable and awesome.

Also, damn, this game has a TOOONNNNN of stuff in it. I could even say it rivals the Tales' content heavy equivalent, Vesperia, or it might have even more.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Jun 15, 2014 5:24 am

It needs to be stated just how much of a buggy mess Assassin's Creed III is, and I'm somebody who very rarely runs into game bugs. There are three that I can currently remember.

When heading to the Homestead for the first time, three soldiers yelled something like CATCH THAT MAN and they all promptly ran into the entrance to the Homestead, but instead of being a neat scripted scene, they all got stuck on an invisible wall (the "wall" that teleports you into the Homestead map) and just ran into each other until I left the area. I'm not even sure why that event exists because they don't appeal in the Homestead at all, unless they're the guys who attempted to rob Achilles. This is the least problematic bug, honestly, but I'm confused as to what the relevance of this event was and whether I missed something by it not completing.

Before that, I was getting a Peg Leg Trinket at the far north, and instead of looking for the small cave entrance that leads to it, I was trying to scale the cliffs and get down. The game uses a thick fog to obscure the area and cover up the fact that the bottomless pit in fact does have a bottom...And I managed to stumble my way down to the bottom without dying. Textures started disappearing everywhere, the camera clipping through the world and letting me see everywhere...I walked around a little bit, realized that I was actually stuck here because the cliffs were way higher than this pit of blackness but thankfully there was a patch of if-in-doubt-kill-the-player code so I was able to respawn elsewhere.

I was also fiddling around with powder kegs at one point, not realizing that you can't use the bow unless you have a valid target (and you cannot detonate powder kegs with arrows) but during some attempts to use the bow and detonate the powder keg through various means, I caused my weapons to become unresponsive. I couldn't use my tomahawk, bow, or pick up the powder keg anymore. This happened to me twice, once, triggering a cutscene still worked and that fixed the issue, the second time I forget exactly what resolved it but I think it involved being able to target and shoot an arrow at an enemy, so I think the problem is that you can trick the game into thinking you're always trying to aim/fire the bow and it doesn't let you do anything else until you find a target and actually use the bow to escape the loop.

A small issue, which other sandbox games suffer from, during Samuel Adams' mission where he leads you to the harbormaster, if you follow him accurately you will end up cutting off Connor mid-sentence as a cutscene will trigger by standing beside him at the end of his scripted path. This is really dumb because it looked like a good line, something about how the people will believe more truth in paper than spoken word, even though propaganda's abound, no one can proclaim their innocence.

I also hate how that when you complete a task that you marked a waypoint for, the waypoint doesn't disappear, it either stays where it is or teleports somewhere random on the map. Really distracting.

The last one that basically prompted me to shut off the game tonight was that an objective completely failed to trigger. I went to start a delivery mission, but upon pressing B the icon disappeared from the map, the option to interact with the NPC disappeared and the NPC could no longer be interacted with (the collision detection on him was gone too, presumably it attempted to trigger a cutscene but failed.)
Edit: It wasn't a cutscene. The guy just says "thanks" then a list of goods to acquire appeals on your HUD. I did check my map last time and I don't recall the Delivery Request list being added to my Logbook, so it did bug out still. The NPC is still interactive this time.

What's really criminal is that the game is still really good once you get past the 3-4 chapters of prologue bullshit and insanely dry Animus database text dumps (all the stuff about Native American culture is done by a friend of Shaun's so it doesn't have any of the humour, plus the text is blue on white and everything is slanted for a futuristic HUD kind of appeal, really painful to read at length) but this is easily the most technically flawed game I've ever played.

Pop-in/pop-out is also pretty bad...Parts of The Frontier's landscape mutate around you sometimes, and in cities like Boston, animals like pigs and sometimes people will just disappear within 5 feet of you. I also had a chat with an NPC as part of a Frontiersman quest, and as soon as it was done they reverted to default behaviour and told me that they'd don't speak with dandy prats, and asked if I was some cloak-touching prig, whatever that means.

The new parkour stuff, such as the tree climbing, is a massive achievement, and the extra stealth options and freerunning passthroughs (buildings, fences, etc.) are useful. Changes to the control scheme and combat are unwelcome though, especially the targeting system which is, for reasons I mentioned above, a mess. They REALLY wanted to take control out of players' hands in this game, even though they added so many new toys to play with.

Last edited by Taiyz on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Jun 15, 2014 7:17 pm

I got JoJo for $20 used, Kakyoin main for life.

Spoiler:

Taunting forever.
Time to go through story mode!!
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMSun Jun 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Breath of Fire II - Getting slaughtered on Upa Cave and too lazy to grind on the Giant Isle.

Hearthstone - Addicted, really, really addicted.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMMon Jun 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Plat on JoJo already...... wut.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMMon Jun 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Guess who got God Eater 2 this weekend.
Games you've played today - Page 11 7YhD3bbl

And I'm surprised that the trophy list is in ENGLISH
Games you've played today - Page 11 JJm8651l

Namco pls... Sad
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMMon Jun 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Why isn't the game here yet....?
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMMon Jun 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Maybe they are waiting for God Eater 2 Re:Burst?... which I don't think will be possible seeing that Namco keeps releasing free updates, and one paid DLC with missions involving the rest of the Defense Unit.

Kinda related: Hilariously, one of the updates fixed a typo in one of the menus.

Original release:
Games you've played today - Page 11 VltbBqxl

After the patch:
Games you've played today - Page 11 YI1wdRxl
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMMon Jun 16, 2014 9:34 pm

Avater the lerst erbunder

Edit: I rediscovered a beneficial glitch in Assassin's Creed III. Any normal weapon, blunt weapon or heavy weapon can be swapped out permanently on the field if you pick up another while you've got your current one unsheathed. If you go to a General Store, you'll notice that if you highlight the weapon you're now wielding, it still shows a purchase price but your stats will be equivalent, use this to confirm what weapon you have if you have a bad memory. Switch to a weapon you own (you have to purchase at least one for this to work) and you'll notice that the previous weapon now shows up as Purchased. It actually isn't, but you've just tricked the game into letting you re-equip it for free. If you do so, it will register the purchase at this point (this means that you can switch back to another weapon before finally leaving the store menu) and once you exit the store menu, you will get the dialog box telling you that a weapon was unlocked at the armory.

If you switch to another weapon and do not re-equip the weapon that you do not own yet before leaving the store menu, it will be lost. So the steps to follow are: Swap weapons in the field --> Switch to a weapon you already own at a General Store --> Equip the field weapon again, you now own it for free. You can then keep using it or switch to another weapon without penalty, exit the menu.

As soon as you can buy weapons, I've found the following in Boston and on the Frontier:
French Cutlass (most Regulars, most Jagers)
Hanger Sword (some Regulars, most Jagers)
French Rapier (some Jagers, few Regulars)
Cuttoe Sword (some Jagers)
Normal Sword (got it off a Regular in a convoy, haven't seen it elsewhere...Strange that this weapon would be so rare, but it's easy to confuse with the French Cutlass so maybe that was my problem.)
French Cavalry Saber (a Jager, captain of a fort in Boston, also found on a leader of a large group of Patriots in Sequence 9, they become more common around here)
Officer's Sword (found on a Regular in New York, Sequence 10 (while picking up Lance's plans.))

This covers all of the Normal Weapons. There's also some kind of axe that looks very similar to the Hessian Axe that is carried on the hip by these kilt and hat-wearing guys (appear frequently on the Frontier, they also need to switch to it from their musket during battle if they're to drop it, Edit: they're Grenadiers) but it appears to not be purchasable at this point. Or it could be an unlisted weapon, like a certain scimitar that I would always grab in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, which later became purchasable in Revelations (in Brotherhood and Revelations you had to throw a Heavy Weapon to free up your weapon slot, and I don't know if I ever attempted this trick. I stumbled across it as Haytham early on in ACIII.)

I haven't found any Blunt Weapons, nor the Hessian and French Naval Axes. I'm assuming that Firearms apart from muskets are unobtainable on the field. The reason why this doesn't work with Small Weapons is because you cannot swap them, only pick them up, like muskets, and you cannot carry weapons into General Stores, you drop them to open the door. I've seen every type of small weapon wielded by enemies though, almost entirely in Boston.

Edit: I've played enough now, to state that no enemies carry blunt weapons or drop firearms and the axe I mentioned is unlisted. The Hessian axe is still similar, but comically larger (like they took the same model and increased its size wholesale) and the hilt is yellow. The new axe that is sold once you unlock New York does not appear in the field either. So you can only get all of the normal weapons for free.

Double Edit: Around Sequence 9-10, Captain Kidd's Sawtooth Cutlass appears but I already had it. Presumably it just doesn't appear in stores (and cannot be glitched) until completing the DLC. In the Epilogue you can find Washington's sword, ditto. The axe I keep bringing up never appears in stores and isn't unlockable.

Last edited by Taiyz on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:38 am; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 4:35 am

I really don't understand the changes they made to ACIII's combat. Previous games were too easy, sure, but this is like rock paper scissors. Certain enemies can only be felled by certain attack types: some you can straight-up attack, some must be guard-broken, some you can tackle and stab on the ground (some enemies will just dodge this, otherwise enemies will counter you and deal minor damage,) and some enemies MUST be parried, but even still they can counter your counterattacks, disarms and throws depending on what kind of enemy they are. The worst part is that some enemies just deny execution streaks, which sucks whenever a mission requires that you achieve a certain number of kills in a streak, and even when you catch a defensive enemy off-guard, eventually they will stop your combo and prevent a combo kill (the latter may have happened in older games if your combo wasn't strong enough to kill them, but I can't remember.) It's just a game of memorization, which is really disappointing. They ended up making the game too hard, kind of like early in AC1 when you don't have combos or counter attacks yet and you would just get counterattacked randomly and couldn't prevent the enemy from damaging you for free.

Weapon types and individual weapon stats were always very nebulous in Assassin's Creed, I always felt that they were very samey and were more of a preference than anything (Brotherhood made this a lot better by associating subweapons with specific primary weapons.) Higher damage and combo length were only noticeable if you go between two extremes (and, well, some enemies in Revelations couldn't be combo-killed with a single combo if you didn't have a good enough weapon.) Sometimes small weapons' faster speeds were beneficial against fast enemies or ones who block a lot, but they generally worked poorly against heavily armored opponents, the hidden blades defended poorly against heavy weapons, and heavy weapons generally crushed enemies that relied on ranged weapons like spears, those were the only real constants. Those are all kind of out the window now because specific enemies can only ever be hit by specific attacks, and your weapon type doesn't change anything except for animations. Combo length is also practically worthless because of AC3's super-amazing increased enemy count. You're almost always being attacked or shot at and even though they made Executions more difficult to pull off (there is also a very limited window of opportunity at the end of your current kill animation now, especially if you attempt a dual execution (using the tool button instead,) and they have to be performed at extremely close range even though your tools are all ranged) you rarely get the chance to attempt them because of this.

I think they removed special moves entirely, unless I get them later alongside smoke bombs, so no more throwing heavy weapons even though the game is designed to let you sheathe and replace normal/heavy/blunt weapons now...Something that would've made a ton of sense and made heavy weapons a lot less frustrating to use. Spears have basically been replaced by muskets with bayonets, still can't keep 'em.

Edit: Turns out you can throw axes by pressing Y with one equipped, since they are two-handed and do not allow you to use a tool. Yes!
Double Edit: Blunt weapons are two-handed and behave identically. Why are they separated? Who knows!

Last edited by Taiyz on Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:39 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 5:19 am

Wild Arms 5: This game's grinding...is actually pretty enjoyable. Gaining levels and spending those levels to buy stuff is pretty damn annoying, but the items you can get, like badges that are hard to synthesize/rare, can lead to even better rewards, like synthesizing Sheriff Stars. With the right badge setups, gaining back those spent levels are a cinch. Especially in the Abyss dungeon. Also Terrace Tiara + Dual Cast is godly broken, as well as Violator + Cat's Paw + Sheriff Star.

Anyways, I finally got a good setup for Sword Dean, Sea Avril, and Sky Rebecca. Doing the final act of the story to officially "beat" the game.

No More Heroes 2: Started again in Mild. A friend of mine does make a good point that making money in the NMH games sucks. But the "Man the Meat" mini-game is hilarious and easy to do enough times.

Xenoblade: Why does the start of the game bombard me already with 20+ quests?! Since I have an impulse to do optional stuff (well these kinds of quests), this can get annoying. Any tips on how to manage the quests doing, and also to NOT get burned out from questing?
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 10:54 am

Breath of Fire II - Beat Skycastle/Heaven Castle, that encounter rate stupid high and Smoke Screen doing friggin' nothing. -_-

Hearthstone - Leveled everyone to level 10, now to chose a main...

Kamen Rider: Rider Generations - Why they made OOO and W different forms playable and not Kuuga and Agito? D:

Last edited by Arn on Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 12:58 pm

Games you've played today - Page 11 10446640_10204607720861282_5078451174289758890_n

I did it, I am now top percentage producer.
Taking a break from gaming for like a week or two now idk
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 2:27 pm

I've forgotten how addicting fishing in Okami is.~

Glad I randomly started playing it again yesterday.

Arn wrote:
Breath of Fire II - Beat Skycastle/Heaven Castle, that encounter rate stupid high random encounters and Smoke Screen doing friggin' nothing. -_-
I wouldn't even bother with it tbh.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMThu Jun 19, 2014 5:38 pm

DylDawg wrote:

Xenoblade: Why does the start of the game bombard me already with 20+ quests?! Since I have an impulse to do optional stuff (well these kinds of quests), this can get annoying. Any tips on how to manage the quests doing, and also to NOT get burned out from questing?

The best thing to do is only do a small number of quests at a time. Doing too many will burn you out and make the game really easy. The game is massive so you can do a handful of quests, continue the main game a bit, and come back later. You're going to have to do a lot of the quests to get everything, but you don't have to do all of them.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMFri Jun 20, 2014 4:20 am

Wow, the way they handle Assassin Recruits in ACIII is fantastic. Instead of generic randomly-generated NPCs, you do a mission for a unique character after you've liberated their district, and they join you. This basically goes back to Assassin's Creed II where all the various guild leaders worked with you in various story missions.

Also I'm in love with the rope darts, what a fantastic utility. Honestly, it's a damn shame the game is so goddamn buggy, focuses more on combat than stealth and that the actual fighty-bits of the combat are so tedious, because pretty much everything else is the best in the series. I'm actually learning some goddamn American history from this, even though the ADB is difficult to read (and the Native American stuff isn't written by Shaun Hastings.)
Back to top Go down
watermelon-lhant

watermelon-lhant

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMFri Jun 20, 2014 6:16 am

Watch Dogs: GTA with phone hacks
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Jun 21, 2014 4:41 am

So Ubisoft didn't expect players to switch from the Tomahawk. You hook it on a zipline in a cuscene but it uses your current Small Weapon...So Connor just uses his super-magnetic dagger to slide down.

Strange, since cutscenes don't acknowledge your outfit choice. Edit: Well, some actually do. The majority however will show Connor's default Assassin Outfit, but the coloured trimmings on the bottom of his robe will match the colour of your selected outfit. I'm not even sure if this is a bug.

Still, so far, the only game-breaker I've found would be the Delivery Requests not triggering. I'm curious if that's fixable in-game (I've just been dashboarding without saving whenever that happens, it occurred in Central Boston and Troy's Wood.)

Last edited by Taiyz on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Jun 21, 2014 5:18 am

Finished Wild Arms 5.

Here's a list:

-Gameplay is really addictive and good.
-Presentation of battles helps in making the game enjoyable.
-Battle System is fun, fast, and has a bit of strategy into it. I love the Hex System.
-The music is one of the best things in the game. Seriously.
-Tons of content that made me go woah
-Cheesy, and shounen, but it really is a great laugh overall.
-Plot is really weak. I know the story is what moves the game, but come on, it's a REALLY basic plot. The twist at the ending is ok. But I still enjoyed it.
-Characters aren't memorable cause of personalities (aside from Dean anyway), but rather by their designs, Arms, comedic quirks, and battle positions/roles.
-I like Badges
-Asgard and Joutenheim. ASGARD, and, JOUTENHEIM
-What I really like: Easy to overpower regular enemies/storyline dungeons by endgame, but bosses still prove to be a challenge.
-
Spoiler:

Final Say: Fun and addictive battle system that has a good presentation and many optional things to do (art, character models, music, content), but really weakens at the plot and character aspect.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaMSat Jun 21, 2014 9:31 pm

Been playin' Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky!

I'm pretty much at the final place and I gotta admit, the story caught me off guard with how good it is! As far as difficulty goes, it's much harder than Gates to Infinity and imo, much more enjoyable because of it.

One of the starters you can choose is also a Shinx. So that's a plus. <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 11 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Games you've played today
Page 11 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next