Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Games you've played today

Go down 
+54
Moontoon
JohtoRed
Celestial Phoenix
Prochainezo
Cless Aileron
Yumi-Yumi
Bo Staff Katana
Emil12345
Sakura1106
Sherstelle
Meow Wow
TalesofHysteria
Dracos
Zacewing
AriArk2000
watermelon-lhant
ShirleyVaga
Chosen of Mana
Twinrehz
Silver Forte
Juanblue85
Psypher
Varrius
Hasta_Extermi
TrulyBigHeaded
Naoshi
King Cat the Sixth
Yoh-dono
Tenshigami
Prinny
senelcoolidge
Arn
Taiyz
Sapphie
SRMS
Red_Rose
BlazingFiddlesticks
warriorangel01
Suki
Abicion
Jean
Jazzeh
Falcom
DylDawg
GroundhogDay
shemwell99
Rainstorm
Txn
Meowzy
HCSteven
Venom
Suikoden
Harbinger
Slivendiferious
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

Games you've played today - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMWed Apr 22, 2015 5:04 am

Uhh uhh I can't deny BN's stupid plot and dumb villains. "Haha I have a weapon of mass destruction so imma just wait here in the real world and let this kid with his program destroy it"

But I love the battle system to bits.

BN1 is pretty horrible though, I recommend BN6 (and probably BN3) if you want a real good gameplay, but if you're playing it chronologically, then I suppose you just have to bear with it.

I think VBA (1.7 is the last stable version if I'm not mistaken, but there's also 1.8 that allows you to play over the network) is a very good emulator tbh, and I find lq2x gives off a pretty clean look even for 1080p screen. Granted I don't always do full screen, at most I go for 4x.

Btw, do check out Star Force if you find BN not really cool enough anymore. It's a lot more closer to Accel World in setting than BN, and you get to play as henshin hero saving the world. The gameplay is rather lackluster compared to BN, but still fun nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMWed Apr 22, 2015 7:24 am

I played BN1, BN2, BN3:White, BN4: Both and BN 5: Team Colonel.

I owned the hell out of 1, never managed to get even close to the final boss in 2, couldn't defeat the final boss in 3, couldn't defeat the final boss in 4 and couldn't defeat the final boss in 5.

BN1 wasn't even a challenge.

I love the world, characters and battles of all of those games.
I recall the plot also being pretty challenging for me as a non-native english reading child.

I should check out BN6 and Star Force, I see.

Tenshigami wrote:
Also I wish there was a way to TURN THE GAMEPAD OFF when you're not using it.
Don't ever charge the battery of the darn thing. You'd be surprised how many games require you to have it turned on if it can be, but don't care if it is out of battery!
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMWed Apr 22, 2015 9:34 am

Taiyz wrote:
You gotta keep in mind that Mega Man is made for kids, especially the Battle Network and Star Force series' with their cartoon tie-ins. It's basically internet Scooby-Doo.
I know, I guess I just had more tolerance of that when I originally played it in 2001, even though I was still 18 back then. I recall finding it mildly amusing though, but this time through it's actually bugged me so far. I'm sure by the end I'll find it kind of hilarious though.

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
BN1 is pretty horrible though, I recommend BN6 (and probably BN3) if you want a real good gameplay, but if you're playing it chronologically, then I suppose you just have to bear with it.
I want to play through them all, as it's something I never did despite loving the first game when I originally played it - not as much as Mega Man Legends, but it was another Mega Man game that made the series feel "fresh" again at a time where I found traditional side-scrolling Mega Man to be stale and boring. (Sue me.)

I'll obviously have to skip Transmission though.

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
I think VBA (1.7 is the last stable version if I'm not mistaken, but there's also 1.8 that allows you to play over the network) is a very good emulator tbh, and I find lq2x gives off a pretty clean look even for 1080p screen. Granted I don't always do full screen, at most I go for 4x.
I rebooted my laptop yesterday and it fixed my problem. Guess it just needed a fresh reboot (I usually just put it to sleep). I like lq2x or hq2x/3x/4x, but they do have a tendency to remove some of the original detail when smoothing things out. TV mode with a Bilinear filter is preferable for me because it looks closer to how games looked on an SDTV. In the absence of both, I'd probably keep toggling between scanlines and the lq/hq filters until I picked one to stick with.

Slivendiferious wrote:
I owned the hell out of 1, never managed to get even close to the final boss in 2...
This was my experience. I loved BN1, but BN2 turned all sadistic on me for this one boss and I never finished it. I just gave up and never tried again. Due to not having finished BN2, I never bought or played the rest of the series either - I just stopped there.

Slivendiferious wrote:
Tenshigami wrote:
Also I wish there was a way to TURN THE GAMEPAD OFF when you're not using it.
Don't ever charge the battery of the darn thing. You'd be surprised how many games require you to have it turned on if it can be, but don't care if it is out of battery!
Well, it can still be useful in some games. I just recently finished Wind Waker HD, and even though I used the Pro controller, I still used the gamepad to view the sea chart as I was sailing. Once I had the full sea chart filled out I didn't really bother looking at my TV much at all while sailing, as I could just look at the gamepad and make sure the arrow was pointing at my destination.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMWed Apr 22, 2015 11:09 am

BN indeed feel very fresh to me too back then. I mean, back then was the time when internet is still new thing and the gimmick of being able to jack into almost all appliance, seeking treasure and destroy virus sure stirred up some wild imagination in the young me.

Just imagine if it's the real world and I have a PET, I'd jack into all toasters/ovens/fridges and destroy stuff to collect Battle Chips and bitcoins...

But above all else, the battle is really ingenious for me at that time, and even now I think it's one of the best battle system I've ever experienced. First, the fact that it's not traditional turn-based RPG, which saturated my library at that time, made it a really fun combination of reflex and strategy. Then the battle chips themselves having hidden effects and so much depth/synergy that made you want to experiment with newly gotten Chips as soon as you can, though this might not be applicable to BN1 because of how bareboned it is (Fighter/Hero/KnightSword all day every day)

Damn now I feel like playing it again.
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMWed Apr 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Lately I have been emulating fire emblem 4 and 7. 7 has gone pretty well with only one reset til 16x. 4 has been a bit of a pain mostly due to trying to recruit people while they are in the middle of 14 enemies. I just finally captured the second castle in chapter 2, It got so frustrating that when a boss could have killed noish I contemplated just letting him stay dead if he lost but luckily he survived.

To heck with that inventory system though, my mage has a defense ring, my archer a magic ring only one person has a ring that they need and I can't do much about it.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMWed Apr 22, 2015 1:36 pm

You guys all make me really nostalgic about Megaman BN.

Alright, after I beat the fusion dragon in GS, I will transfer everything to GS:TLA, and THEN I will tackle all of the BN's in order.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMWed Apr 22, 2015 2:37 pm

I just recalled the horrors of transferring from GS to GS:TLA...

Also y'all just reminded me that I gotta finish BN 1 and 2. xD
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMWed Apr 22, 2015 6:30 pm

Sometimes I wonder why I play Blazblue ranked matches. Started last night and I am at 5 wins and 15 losses. I see the people who have 0 wins and 60 losses and I wonder what their mentality is.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMWed Apr 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Games you've played today - Page 20 NKmhS5h

Grinding all the ulti sword skills.
Love the area.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMFri Apr 24, 2015 5:05 am

So that talk about BN successfully tickled my nostalgia and I decided to play BN6 yet again. Screw chronological order. Decided to record all the bosses until final boss because why not? VBA is awesome tool at that as usual.

better mute cuz surge of power is gonna be grating for 20 minutes straight lel

I'm piss poor with Buster Gun, so many wasted Charge Shots. If I'm playing BN2/3 right now, I'll never get Guts Style normally. I'll still be rolling with Custom and Team Style though, and that fits my playstyle more so that's not much of a problem.

Didn't use Crosses much in this run, considering that Falzar's Crosses are more geared for defensive and tricky play as opposed to Gregar's offense-oriented Crosses. Tomahawk Cross is still good for that 2xWood Damage, so that's the only Cross that I bother using for the bosses.

Fun ride, BN5 next I suppose. Only after finishing post-game and BassBX though.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMSun Apr 26, 2015 1:39 pm

Thank you for showing me how BN is supposed to be played, Disco King Cat. My God, to me that was really impressive.

To think I was doing it completely wrong all these years...

Much like Golden Sun I reckon! Time to own the hell out of some viruses.
GS:TLA can wait until after BN1.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMMon Apr 27, 2015 12:44 am

I'm playing the PC version of GTA V. I didn't play the Xbone/PS4 version, so the jump from the 360/PS3 version is huge. The game world is a lot more detailed, and the load times are a lot faster. The game runs a lot better then the PC version of GTA IV did. The mouse/keyboard controls are a lot better as well. I was dreading the flying tutorial mission, but using the keyboard for that wasn't too bad. I got the hang of it a lot faster then I did with a controller back on the 360.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMMon Apr 27, 2015 10:26 pm

Game seems so much better than Hollow Fragment x__X
Bring able to play as other characters gonna be tooooo goooooooood ~

Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMMon Apr 27, 2015 10:58 pm

Welp, so much for playing through the MMBN games for now (though I seem to have gotten other people to do it instead).

Just got a PS4 and it's OMEGA QUINTET TAIMU deeeeeesu~!

Defeating the forces of darkness with muh Japanese idol singers!

Eat your heart out, Macross.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMTue Apr 28, 2015 3:01 am

I love how idol games are crossing over into other genres. I'm still waiting on my copy unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMTue Apr 28, 2015 9:32 am

Taiyz wrote:
I love how idol games are crossing over into other genres. I'm still waiting on my copy unfortunately.
Oh right, you live in Canada so the CE is going to take longer to get to you (assuming that's what you're waiting for). I almost cancelled my CE preorder because I've been getting too many LEs lately (running out of shelf space) but now that I got it I'm actually not disappointed. The "autograph" book is a complete waste of paper and space though. It's the same exact thing as the art book, just with a different cover and virtually blank pages.

I haven't really had time to get very far into it, but aside from the smooth frame rate, it's somewhat of a step back for Compile Heart so far.

It seems incredibly stupid that in this day and age, the analog stick only has one speed for field movement, which is flat out running, and that the L1 button makes you run even faster. They seem to realize how stupid that is because there is a setting in the options to always move at the faster speed without holding L1. The problem is, either way your movement speed is either fast or almost uncomfortably fast, and you will always be running full-tilt on the field. While I usually run full-tilt in games anyway, analog sticks are analog for a reason, people! Being at a full dash regardless of how far I move the analog stick feels awkward, dammit!

Battles seem like there will be more strategy later on, but for the first part of the game they give you an OP character that has a bunch of stuff unlocked - problem being you only have ONE character at the time so you can't really see how the system truly works. She can attack multiple times in a turn (I did not see an option to attack FEWER times) and then the enemy seems to get just as many turns to repeatedly bash in her face. I've only fought one battle so far with someone else, and due to not being OP she could only attack once each turn (and the enemy only attacked once as well).
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMSun May 03, 2015 1:42 pm

Emulating Megaman BN on a smartphone is a terrible idea.

Emulating Megaman BN in the first place was probably a bad idea.

Should've gone straight to BN2.

Or 6.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMMon May 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Omega Quintet really is amazing. Nowhere else can I get my fix of Japanese idol singers taking on an epic boss with magical girl style weaponry while incredibly epic music plays or finish said epic battle with a long, drawn-out team-attack combo that does loads of damage and ends with Nene, an idol-singer-magical-girl with a rifle, firing the killing blow as she shouts, "This is the end!"

If anyone else is playing and you're aiming for the True End (which requires doing certain quests so you might as well do them all) don't forget to turn around and go back to town at some point in chapter 4 - it's really easy to miss the ch4 quests since it automatically takes you to the next story destination. You won't see the quests unless you turn around and walk out at that point, and one quest is required for the True Ending.

Basically, the trick is to avoid each Story event marker until you've gone everywhere and done everything, and then to go back and check again after triggering the next story event. (A list of the optional quests per chapter also helps.)
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMSat May 09, 2015 1:41 am

So Splatoon's not good and I don't think I'm gonna buy it, thank god I got into the Testfire tonight because I work tomorrow. It's basically baby game designer's first shooter.

Paint roller is OP, most of the time paint roller players go unchecked and can just cover 75% of the map. It's basically a riot shield that instakills and doesn't slow you down.

The bazooka is worthless because it takes too long to charge and only sparsely covers the ground, the entire path of the rocket should be coloured perfectly or the charge time should be halved (if not lessened even more.)

The specials are pretty awful too, the Bubbler is just a glorified painkiller/juggernaut perk, the sound cannon doesn't paint anything and killing is almost pointless in Turf War, it just delays the enemy.

The entire game boils down to three variables.
1) Is your team spreading out, are they actually fighting over enemy territory and not just your spawn and the middle ground?
2) Is your team focusing on the paint roller players?
3) Does your team have as many paint roller players as the enemy team?

If the answer to any of the above is no, you're going to lose.

Although the netcode didn't have any noticeable lag, it has no voice chat from what I could tell and I only got to finish a third of my matches, the rest disconnected with no host migration.

You can't change classes mid-match, you can't adjust horizontal and vertical sensitivity separately even though the vertical is WAY too sensitive, and the game defaults to horrible motion controls and you can't change controls outside of the main menu (the Testfire demo makes you do the tutorial before you can remove motion controls.)

Nintendo, you need to change.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMSat May 09, 2015 2:10 am

Nintendo confirmed last month the game will have no voice chat. Laughing

Also the game's multiplayer is going to launch with 5 maps. Apparently the rest will be free DLC, but most multiplayer games I've played have 10-15 maps at the start. Nintendo is going to have to get those out fast to keep people interested in the game.

I love how Nintendo put the demo up for only 3 separate one hour periods instead of just keeping it up for a few days.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMSat May 09, 2015 3:13 am

Prinny wrote:
Nintendo confirmed last month the game will have no voice chat. Laughing

Also the game's multiplayer is going to launch with 5 maps. Apparently the rest will be free DLC, but most multiplayer games I've played have 10-15 maps at the start. Nintendo is going to have to get those out fast to keep people interested in the game.

I love how Nintendo put the demo up for only 3 separate one hour periods instead of just keeping it up for a few days.
No voice chat, no sale, NO fucking sale.

That's nice and all, but the game is 70 dollars in Canada which feels like an insult. Honestly when the game was first announced I thought it was some $20 digital indie game, but then they have this single-player campaign and dress-your-inkling stuff, it all just seems like Nintendo doesn't believe in a stand-alone multiplayer product.

It seems like the demo is designed to be a stress test, but I highly doubt Nintendo would create dedicated servers for a fucking 4v4 game where killing your opponent isn't even the focus.

This is disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMSat May 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Taiyz wrote:
but I highly doubt Nintendo would create dedicated servers for a fucking 4v4 game where killing your opponent isn't even the focus.

This is disgusting.
I don't think Nintendo's focus ever was to kill your opponent in the first place.

Frankly, I'm surprised there even is the option of killing your enemies in Splatoon, as the game design is clearly about a completely different kind of competition.

Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMSat May 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Its weird how Nintendo advertised Splatoon as such a multiplayer focused game and then did nothing that makes multiplayer games work well. I wouldn't be surprised if the singleplayer content ends up being the best part of the game.

I traded Battlefield Hardline towards a copy, so I'm (probably) going from one bad multiplayer experience to another. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMSun May 10, 2015 2:14 am

Slivendiferious wrote:
Taiyz wrote:
but I highly doubt Nintendo would create dedicated servers for a fucking 4v4 game where killing your opponent isn't even the focus.

This is disgusting.
I don't think Nintendo's focus ever was to kill your opponent in the first place.

Frankly, I'm surprised there even is the option of killing your enemies in Splatoon, as the game design is clearly about a completely different kind of competition.

But that's my point, read the sentence again, I'm perfectly aware that the gametype is objective-based, there isn't even a reward for killing apart from points. The problem is that the game's team mechanics are garbage and it's actually really not fun painting the game world because if you're not using the paint roller you may as well not bother.

And quite frankly one of the biggest problems is the game's camera. If you're gonna make a shooter, make a shooter. It feels more like they repurposed the Fludd from Super Mario Sunshine, so your actual field of vision is limited to the half of the screen ABOVE your character model for the most part, it's hard to describe but it feels like you're playing a splitscreen game and you're on the top half. That's probably what causes the super sensitive vertical aiming issue, honestly. Should've been a more traditional third-person shooter camera.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaMWed May 20, 2015 3:43 pm

Radiant Historia

Two hours in, and the battle system already made me think more on my actions than a standard turn based game. Atlus too good with battle systems.

The time travelling mechanic scares me. Though i read the game is surprisingly linear than one would expect from this story gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 20 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Games you've played today
Page 20 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next