Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Games you've played today

Go down 
+54
Moontoon
JohtoRed
Celestial Phoenix
Prochainezo
Cless Aileron
Yumi-Yumi
Bo Staff Katana
Emil12345
Sakura1106
Sherstelle
Meow Wow
TalesofHysteria
Dracos
Zacewing
AriArk2000
watermelon-lhant
ShirleyVaga
Chosen of Mana
Twinrehz
Silver Forte
Juanblue85
Psypher
Varrius
Hasta_Extermi
TrulyBigHeaded
Naoshi
King Cat the Sixth
Yoh-dono
Tenshigami
Prinny
senelcoolidge
Arn
Taiyz
Sapphie
SRMS
Red_Rose
BlazingFiddlesticks
warriorangel01
Suki
Abicion
Jean
Jazzeh
Falcom
DylDawg
GroundhogDay
shemwell99
Rainstorm
Txn
Meowzy
HCSteven
Venom
Suikoden
Harbinger
Slivendiferious
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

Games you've played today - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMWed May 20, 2015 5:05 pm

DylDawg wrote:
Radiant Historia

Two hours in, and the battle system already made me think more on my actions than a standard turn based game. Atlus too good with battle systems.

The time travelling mechanic scares me. Though i read the game is surprisingly linear than one would expect from this story gimmick.
Aww yeah!

Amazing game that is.

Try trading turns so your units move in a row, and try to alternate between physical and magical attacks. This way you'll increase your combo counter, drop chances and damage modifier.

The game is surprisingly linear.
Mostly it is bi-linear in fact.

And you'll find yourself traveling back to earlier nodes quite often, so it can be loopy. Although you get the option to skip scenes.
Which is not always what you want to do because the scenes might change if you acquired skills in a future that you can put to use in the past.

It's a fantastic game :D

You can't lose the game by making the wrong decision though, so don't worry. You'll just branch off into a timeline that ends up destroying the world!

Games you've played today - Page 21 Tumblr_lfr7m8oJjr1qzpbds
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMWed May 20, 2015 11:00 pm

Anything you want Stocke

That is really nice to hear, I've always wanted to try Radiant Historia but it seemed like a really grand undertaking I honestly didn't want to invest in LOL
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMSun May 24, 2015 11:30 am

SAO: Lost Song - only 10 minutes in and I'm already really loving the game. Control is rather responsive (compared to the filth that is Hollow Fragment) and that flight and float system! It's really fun dicking around ground mob, hitting and fucking flying away like a jackass. And I heard you can create your own character too? Now to create my notEugeo, ditching the bitches and partying only with the manly men in an Adventure World of Y- I mean Svart Alfheim.

And I'm fucking naming my one-handed sword "Blue Rose Sword" too (admittedly only if I can).

Wait, Eugeo is not in this right?

EDIT: Who the hell is this blue haired bishounen in my OP? Whatever, you're in the team.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMSun May 24, 2015 3:27 pm

They added original party members just like they had one per previous game.

Also, anybody here who's got a PS4/Vita, you need to get Nidhogg. Kinda like Divekick, it's a two-button fighting game with a small amount of content but a huge amount of depth. It's focused on fencing and you can disarm opponents, throw your sword, perform rolls, cartwheels, divekicks and wall jumps, and there's even a couple melee options for when you're unarmed. It's also got really good netcode, although inviting people is a little weird and there are no stats at least for private matches.

Only videos can do it justice, so here's the Best Friends Zaibatsu playing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWnLO9KnOyo

It's on sale pretty frequently if I remember right.
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMMon May 25, 2015 1:51 am

I started Ar Nosurge (Ode to an Unborn Star) today.

I'm not sure what to think of this game. So many "fan service". Lots of camera aimed at a girl who's wearing rather existent clothes (we can see her half covered ass...). Those "side quests" just don't ever stop. Initially, I was reading those texts slowly, then, I started scanning them. Eventually, after spending over 30 minutes on the same spot completing side quests, I got sick and tired and skipped as much as possible by spamming "X". Spent another 30 minutes spamming "X".

...I'm not even too far into the game and I'm already sick of those side quests v_v
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMTue May 26, 2015 12:40 am

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
(compared to the filth that is Hollow Fragment)

IKR

Anyways the game looks like a huuuuge step up from HF, and I'm really hyped for it.
Looking forward to see more Philia waifu and being able to play as other characters is gonna be fuuuuuun
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMTue May 26, 2015 12:01 pm

I played God Eater 2 Rage Burst online and while fun, goddamit there's a bunch of ragequitters.
Just because you died ONCE doesn't mean you have to quit the mission, there's still 9 or 19 revivals left and they don't reduce your rewards or rank.

Also, I love this costume
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF7rbFnUsAA8vux.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF7rkT6UoAEEUhR.jpg
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMWed May 27, 2015 3:15 pm

Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God

Ahh, how I miss filthycasualroguelikes/mystery dungeon. Last I played was ZHP iirc, Chocobo Mystery Dungeon being my first. Always love the freedom of action in this type of game.

Curry God doesn't have as much things to do while spelunking as in Chocobo MD (use potion - get empty bottle - fill bottle with random effect spring water, or dig through walls, or challenge Death) and it sure as hell can't top the vastness of ZHP's mechanic. Regardless, the game is still really fun to play, either in short bursts or in a long sitting, which is ideal for a handheld game.

The characters and story is rather boring though; never a fan of cutesy being cute stuff, doesn't help that the characters are being so template (dumb hyper girl, glutton mascot, emotionless esp girl, lolibaba, jealous ojousama). I rather like Gigadis (first love demon king that is awkward around the girl she likes) and Zeo (mistaken pervert whose dialogue is always a double entendre), but the story keeps dumbing down their characters, the former especially, being reduced to mere stalker.

The game also takes its plot a little bit too seriously, even though it's obviously a parody going by the title itself. It's like the writer wrote the plot with standard fantasy in mind, but halfway through, they think it's very generic and boring so they decided to be witty and tack on everything curry so they can pass it off as funny cute game.

But I guess it's an unfair assessment on my part because ZHP spoiled me too much with its comedy (but even managed to give a huge feels in one of the chapters, real great writing imo)

Still, the game is fun and addictive overall. The only reason I put it down to write this is because I lost my Huge Blade LV5 +34 (with Drain HP, 3 Forward, 3 Directions, Impales 2, and Abilities+8 ) after trying to identify a scroll that blows myself up.

Almost threw my Vita at the wall.

Btw, is Guided Fate Paradox (and by extension the sequel, Awakened Fate Ultimatum) any good? It's touted as ZHP's spiritual successor, but I don't see any tokusatsu hero around.

And I don't think I can patiently play a roguelike on a home console as opposed to handheld, but after this game, I'm kinda having a craving for more roguelike/mystery dungeon that is not Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMWed Jun 03, 2015 11:02 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

OMG Omega Quintet's True Ending requirments are so bullshit. I followed everything to the letter as far as I know and I still got the normal ending!

Did *every* side quest!

Affection rates (as far as I know) were good enough!

Spent SIXTY SIX HOURS on it.

Normal end.

I have a save from right before the cutoff point on affection, and I want to get the real ending but Jesus Christ, motivation just went straight to hell. I don't even know if grinding monsters to get certain characters to Lv.4 affection would even WORK! (high lv.3 was supposed to be enough and I had that.)

Ugh, this kinda just ruined the entire game for me.
Back to top Go down
Zacewing

Zacewing

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMThu Jun 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Played Zestiria at a friend's house. Had to restart, but we played for 12 hours across 2 days and got to almost the halfway point while also doing a bunch of sidequests for World Memories. I didn't do that last time around and it bit me in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMFri Jun 05, 2015 12:04 am

So I never got a chance to play Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag at launch because I didn't have a PS4 yet. Unity came out in my first year or PS4 ownership so I played that first. Turns out that Black Flag might be the best AC game since Brotherhood, though the jury's still out on the story. I keep being impressed that a game like this even exists.

With Wind Waker, the sailing elements didn't seem that unusual. It didn't feel that much different from riding Epona, it was just a large empty Hyrule Field that was coloured blue, basically. In Black Flag however, the scale of your ship actually makes you feel like you're riding a goddamn ship. Stopping by little islands for collectibles is even made fun because you actually get that sense that you're exploring a really large world, and it's not like other sandbox games with really compact streets, but the world doesn't feel as empty like Wind Waker's draw distance sometimes made it feel. There is of course a bunch of side activities and semi-random events that bring life to the game, AND MOTHERFUCKING SEA SHANTIES are way cooler than a fucking in-car radio system like most sandbox games have (yeah, the sea shanties are actually managed just like radios in most games.)

The real life stuff is also really funny as well, since you play as an employee at Abstergo Entertainment, a fictional game development branch that partners with Ubisoft in-world to develop games based on memories they've recovered through the animus (so goddamn meta that Abstergo made "Liberation" with Ubisoft.)

I realize that a lot of you don't really explore the territory outside of JRPGs and other Japanese platformers and fighting games, but this is a mainstream game that you should give a shot if you want to feel like a goddamn pirate.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMFri Jun 05, 2015 1:25 am

Taiyz wrote:
I realize that a lot of you don't really explore the territory outside of JRPGs and other Japanese platformers and fighting games, but this is a mainstream game that you should give a shot if you want to feel like a goddamn pirate.
I would, but ACIII effectively killed the series for me. I get that in previous games you were effectively invincible, and that it wasn't necessarily a good thing, but in ACIII they nerfed you so bad that the game was constantly frustrating. Forget that some enemies just refused to die - even being able to use medicine just ONCE would have been a godsend.

Also no offense but the ship segments of ACIII were actually some of my least favorite parts.

When I realized the ship stuff was going to be the majority of ACIV I didn't even bother.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMFri Jun 05, 2015 1:36 am

That's something I actually came back to edit. ACIV miraculously fixed basically every complaint I have with ACIII, although there's still no medicine and combat is still using the rock paper scissors system that ACIII introduced. I'm literally astounded by ACIV, it's Brotherhood all over again in terms of how much they polished everything while keeping to the yearly schedule ON TOP OF the crazy naval open world they created (I'm hoping that AC Rogue isn't another terrible Revelations...)

And I wasn't really trying to sell this to existing AC players, I'm genuinely surprised somebody here's even played one, I'm recommending it to anybody who wants Wind Waker with more focus on the naval stuff and actual piratey stuff.

You may want to pay attention to Syndicate when it comes out. Unity is really rough around the edges, but they succeeded in rebooting the combat and stealth systems. It's now a real stealth game, and it has legit combat (although enemy attack patterns are minimal.) You can't block, you can't just counter and get an instant kill, you have to parry and attack only when there's an opening.

BTW:

It's not as immersive without the sea and deck work going on but still great.

Last edited by Taiyz on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMFri Jun 05, 2015 1:42 am

Rebirth 2 plat is coming along nicely if it weren't for Stella's dungeon
Back to top Go down
Chosen of Mana
Freelancer
Chosen of Mana

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMFri Jun 05, 2015 7:02 pm

I started Dragon Quest V from scratch again. For some reason, I had gotten to the kids's timeskip before without recruiting new monsters??? How?
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMFri Jun 05, 2015 10:41 pm

Pokemon: Spira version

I'm surprised by these new pokemon, each of them even has their own storyline. Anyway, Yuna and her companions are currently in the Thunder Plains but I kept running from the Stalwart since it can kill my party easily with Body Splash Sad

At this rate, she won't reach the League in Zanarkand and become a Pokemon Master.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMSat Jun 06, 2015 7:39 am

Cool Black Flag detail: in towns (which are instanced) and restricted areas, Edward will don his hood, but elsewhere he will leave it down. I didn't realize they did this before Syndicate's hat/hood switching.

Reminiscent of the homestead from ACIII, I don't think Arno took his hood off even in his room in ACU, just for specific events trailing cutscenes (maybe the Assassins' HQ but that was super lame and you never had any reason to go there outside of the story.)
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMSat Jun 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Decided to take a chance on an indie jrpg that's on sale on the eshop. Despite the reviews and moronic complaints on the generic elements of Grinsia I found myself highly impressed. Whereas games like Evioland take the approach of melding old school elements that progressively get more modern in age, Grinsia sticks entirely to 16bit.

Not only does the look of the game successfully capture that old school feel, the music literally sounds like it came from an snes game. The music is so spot on it's surreal honestly. I was getting Chrono Trigger vibes!

Is the storyline basic and do the battle mechanics bring anything new to the table? No, as that's actually the freaking point. The developers wanted to showcase an old FF-like feel that stayed essentially as true as you can get and for that I'm pleasantly surprised.  

4-5 out of 10 my ass. You can tell how many of these reviewers never played games older than Gen 6. (Literally even saw one person b**** that you can only revive dead party members through items and higher level spells. ...lol.)
Back to top Go down
Rainstorm
All-New!
Rainstorm

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMSun Jun 14, 2015 12:11 am

I completely agree with Tenshi on AC3 but your post has made me want to get 4 now LOL

I really liked Liberation compared to three but I felt it lacking in terms of things to do, and kind of short.

I finally got Mario Kart 8 and I'm actually very happy with this, I thought I would regret getting a game I'd only play when friends visited but I honestly enjoy playing it in general, it's great! (And so cute!)
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMSun Jun 14, 2015 1:01 am

The thing about AC3 is that Ubisoft threw a whole bunch of stuff at the wall to see what would stick. The Frontier was just absolutely no fun to explore because of how big it was, how poorly the horse controlled, and how slowly you would move in winter. Conflicts suddenly breaking out on the Frontier were also way too common and annoying to deal with, whether it was a random enemy patrol or a predator.

Unfortunately I don't think Ubisoft realized that the Homestead missions and the recruiting missions were super great, establishing some endearing side characters that weren't historical figures, people who you actually wanted to do missions for, and you got nice little cutscenes and conversations in taverns to flesh them out. In Assassin's Creed Unity they have all these "Paris Stories" with various historical figures, but they don't have cutscenes and just say a couple things at you and then you go perform a mission without them. The frustrating thing is that ACII, ACB and ACIII showed that Ubisoft can create great side characters that might not have existed, but still have a foundation in history and the conditions of the time, but they don't feel they can sell their game without branding it with historical names. Black Flag has something similar in Templar Hunt missions which are basically a combination of those, as well as the Templar missions from Brotherhood where you hunt down one of the multiplayer characters. Basically in 5 different cities you go on a multi-stage side quest where you help out a named assassin character (with cutscenes!) and then you eventually kill one of the multiplayer characters, and they even get a bit of personality and a frozen-time death cutscene as well, they're super great but I wish they were more involved.

Now that I've played a lot more Black Flag, my opinion still stands, my only real issue is with the rock-paper-scissors nature of the ACIII combat they were still using. There are some other issues with the combat (that are present in all the games that use this fighting system) such as attacking icons occasionally not appearing when they should, leading to you getting blindsided from off-screen, the issue where the attack icon will appear but the enemy attacks one of your allies instead, so you attempt to parry but instead just break your kill streak because you couldn't perform a counter...One issue that is semi-unique to Black Flag is when you're fighting in very tight spaces, like on the stairs leading up to the helm of a ship, you can actually get attacked by your crew. I don't know if they do damage, but they will interrupt your combos which is frustrating when you've broken an enemy's defenses. This was present in ACIII but you rarely fought in such constrained quarters.

I also have some minor complaints with regard to the distance of enemy vision cones, but that was also a problem with ACIII, enemies being too reactive and aggroing arbitrarily to the *aftermath* of you killing or knocking out an enemy that they didn't see happen, and snipers being able to aggro from ridiculous distances. Thankfully Black Flag brings back the blowpipe from ACIII Liberation (which is the better game, as Shiv said) which makes stealth a hell of a lot more interesting since you can actually aim ranged weapons now. It's not an instant knock-out either, it's Metal Gear-style where they have a sleep meter so you still need to go and step on their faces if you don't want them ringing an alarm.

The important thing to note is that everything *new* in Black Flag is pure gold, much like Brotherhood. I'm interested to see how the DLC fares with Aveline and Adewale, because as far as I'm concerned AC didn't get good DLC until Dead Kings.

And yes, Mario Kart 8 is a fantastic game. Most Mario Kart titles are kind of get-what-you-expect kinda games, but Mario Kart 8 was really Nintendo at their A-game (ignoring Battle Mode.)
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMSun Jun 14, 2015 8:35 am

Guild Wars 2.

Walking around as a warrior with full runes of the Privateer (AKA, a parrot on your shoulder) is amazing. You tank everything and your parrot destroys high level stuff for you and you literally don't have to press a button.

Minecraft: Starting my minecraft server again.
Optional Skyblock this time. cough "optional" cough.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMSun Jun 14, 2015 9:47 pm

Well.

I've joined in the Senran Kagura series.

Bought Shinovi Versus and Vita TV.

XSEED is taking my money. Damn
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMSun Jun 14, 2015 10:05 pm

>Dawg buys Vita TV

WHAT HAPPENED TO SAVING!?
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMSun Jun 14, 2015 10:22 pm

IT NEVER EXISTED. I FOUND EXTRA MONEY IN MY DRAWER!!!

It was also 50 bucks for the Lego game + Controller + 8 gig mem card bundle. That's a steal...
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaMMon Jun 15, 2015 12:44 am

Wait, where did you get that? Is it on sale somewhere? I need to get a Vita TV before they discontinue PS Mobile...

Also welcome to the Senran Kagura brotherhood where tits are life, ass is hometown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 21 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Games you've played today
Page 21 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 30  Next