Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Games you've played today

Go down 
+54
Moontoon
JohtoRed
Celestial Phoenix
Prochainezo
Cless Aileron
Yumi-Yumi
Bo Staff Katana
Emil12345
Sakura1106
Sherstelle
Meow Wow
TalesofHysteria
Dracos
Zacewing
AriArk2000
watermelon-lhant
ShirleyVaga
Chosen of Mana
Twinrehz
Silver Forte
Juanblue85
Psypher
Varrius
Hasta_Extermi
TrulyBigHeaded
Naoshi
King Cat the Sixth
Yoh-dono
Tenshigami
Prinny
senelcoolidge
Arn
Taiyz
Sapphie
SRMS
Red_Rose
BlazingFiddlesticks
warriorangel01
Suki
Abicion
Jean
Jazzeh
Falcom
DylDawg
GroundhogDay
shemwell99
Rainstorm
Txn
Meowzy
HCSteven
Venom
Suikoden
Harbinger
Slivendiferious
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

Games you've played today - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMWed Mar 04, 2015 2:32 pm

God Eater 2 Rage Burst is amazing. I'm having way too much fun fighting that pre-order Aragami, and it's battle theme is GLORIOUS in a weird-yet-amazing style!

[Orochi BGM]
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMMon Mar 09, 2015 10:54 am

Ratchet & Clank: UYA HD: almost done with the first playthrough, then there'll be challenge mode for the rest of the trophies.

I have renewed appreciation for the little improvements to the game engine that are made with each game. R&C2 makes the first game appear to be horrible game design by comparison, and then R&C3 adds smaller improvements that still make you wonder how you lived without them.

Things as simple as a second quick select section allowing you to have 16 weapons accessable quickly instead of 8, or tapping triangle once to toggle between your most recent 3 weapons instead of having to double-tap it to toggle between only two.

In R&C3 they also combined two gadgets and made you automatically use that gadget when you hit the circle button within a certain distance of an object that needs it. It annoyed the hell outta me in the first two games having to waste a quick select slot on the swingshot - in R&C3 all I have to do is jump toward a swingshot target and fire, and I'll use the hypershot instead of firing my equipped weapon and falling to my death.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMWed Mar 18, 2015 2:42 pm

Play some Hollow Fragment recently, keep forgetting how HUGE the Hollow Area is, this game has so many hours worth of things to do, omg.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1106

Sakura1106

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMWed Mar 18, 2015 5:49 pm

i've just been Maro Kartin' woot woot
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMWed Mar 18, 2015 10:51 pm

Ratchet: Deadlocked HD - Just finished getting all the skill points tonight AND IT GLITCHED OUT ON ME AND DIDN'T GIVE ME THE LAST TROPHY (or the platinum)! Worse: The game autosaves when anything important happens, like getting a skill point. So I was screwed out of the platinum - until I remembered I had backed up my save onto my PSP at one point because I was afraid something might glitch out just like this. Turns out that save was just before the final area of my first playthrough, which was RIGHT were I needed it to be! So I went to the battledome and re-earned all the skillpoints there, and the final trophy and the platinum popped up in the corner. WHEW!
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMSun Mar 22, 2015 5:05 pm

dicking around with ys celceta boss refight and came across this

i dont have capture card, dont judge me
and i even got new time attack score while recording this lol

I knew Gruda's AI was very dumb (teleporting around and guarding for like every other minute or so) and the fight on the whole is unsatisfying, what's with him having reeeeaaally low health for a final boss (and I'm still sour about the lack of The Great Ordeal), but this? Haha oh wow.

While playing around with the bosses, I finally managed to adapt myself between using Flash Guard and Flash Dodge. Before, I'm just Flash Guarding anything and everything, I blame Ys Seven for that, but afterwards, I must say that utilizing Flash Dodge in certain situations made for a better play. Eldeel's lance thrust for example, you can Flash Guard it but sometimes the ball of lightning will appear right behind and damages you, with Flash Dodge, you can just slip past the lance and proceed to use lengthy attacks like Blade Rush and still have enough time to assess whether to continue attacking or dodge the incoming lightning ball.

Of course, Gruda still get the short end of the stick because his "jump and black shockwave" attack is so telegraphed that you can Flash Dodge his shockwave multiple times. You can take away one of his bar easily this way; just flash dodge, normal hit or use a quick "Sword Skill" (I really forgot what the hell they call this in that game, so sorry), then flash dodge again, and repeat for like 5 times.

But yeah, who cares.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMSun Mar 22, 2015 10:21 pm

So I got a WiiU. I've been playing Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros WiiU and Hyrule Warriors. So far Hyrule Warriors has hooked me the most but I can only play it for so long before it just exhausts me. All of the HURRYING in order to capture this keep or save this soldier in order to HURRY SOME MORE to the next objective.

I'm also used to slaughtering everything I possibly can on a map when I play games so I often have to resist the urge to do so and move on.

So uh yeah. All the WiiU games I've played so far I can only really bring myself to play in short bursts before wanting to play something else.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMMon Mar 23, 2015 1:23 am

The only problem I have with Hyrule Warriors is when enemies make a beeline for your base. It's the ol' instant lose scenario, and I don't think that's good design considering that you can't truly count on your AI buddies.

I usually manage to capture all the bases out of the same habit. It's doable, but sometimes the "goal" location is unclear and you could trigger a boss fight before you've explored the whole map.

But I agree with you, thus far that's how I've felt about the Wii U in a nutshell. Even Bayonetta 2 is difficult to play for long because of how awkward the controller is compared to the other platforms. I'd probably be more active with MK8 and Smash 4 if they actually had in-game chat like LAST GENERATION. Oh and maybe I'd buy more Mario games if they actually had online play. MARIO PARTY ON WII U WITH NO ONLINE PLAY, WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS ACCEPTABLE, HOW IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMMon Mar 23, 2015 9:56 am

Taiyz wrote:
The only problem I have with Hyrule Warriors is when enemies make a beeline for your base. It's the ol' instant lose scenario, and I don't think that's good design considering that you can't truly count on your AI buddies.
No kidding. When a character is controlled by you, they're like an unstoppable badass. As soon as they're AI controlled it's like "OMG I'm being overwhelmed help me!"

WTF Impa you're supposed to be this amazing warrior, why do you need the blue haired magician girl I am playing as (at the time) to help you when you have a sword that's like TWICE YOUR SIZE!?

Taiyz wrote:
Even Bayonetta 2 is difficult to play for long because of how awkward the controller is compared to the other platforms.
I have a Pro controller on order from Amazon - hoping that takes care of the problems I have with the GamePad. Honestly the GamePad was a nice idea but it's only really useful as a map screen. Also I wish there was a way to TURN THE GAMEPAD OFF when you're not using it. I have to like set it aside out of sight somewhere when I play Smash Bros. on my GameCube controller (I have the adapter) because the second screen is distracting.

Taiyz wrote:
MARIO PARTY ON WII U WITH NO ONLINE PLAY, WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS ACCEPTABLE, HOW IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?
Nintendo just doesn't understand online. Or keeping peripherals in production WHILE THEIR USE IS STILL BEING IMPLEMENTED. The WiiU has no Ethernet port, but they've allowed you to use the old Wii LAN adapter... Except they don't MAKE those anymore, so you have to buy a third party adapter. Also the only reason I even need one is because the wifi on the WiiU is complete garbage for whatever reason.

I also wanted to upgrade my Wii Classic controller to a pro for Xenoblade, Last Story, and all the other Wii games I have that would benefit from that (the ZL/ZR locations on the original classic controller are terrible) but THEY DON'T MAKE THOSE EITHER EVEN THOUGH SOME WIIU GAMES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH THEM and ALSO THE SYSTEM IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE AND YOU CAN'T USE THE WIIU PRO CONTROLLER FOR WII GAMES. So uh if you're actively advertising that something can be used in new games WHY are they not in production anymore?
Back to top Go down
Abicion
(。◕ ‿ ◕。✿)
Abicion

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Mar 27, 2015 5:30 am

Games you've played today - Page 19 VbTXiCr
Back to top Go down
http://abicion.tumblr.com/
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMSun Mar 29, 2015 12:38 am

Ys Origin is sooooo good!!!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMSun Mar 29, 2015 1:09 am

Tenshigami wrote:
Taiyz wrote:
Even Bayonetta 2 is difficult to play for long because of how awkward the controller is compared to the other platforms.
I have a Pro controller on order from Amazon - hoping that takes care of the problems I have with the GamePad. Honestly the GamePad was a nice idea but it's only really useful as a map screen. Also I wish there was a way to TURN THE GAMEPAD OFF when you're not using it. I have to like set it aside out of sight somewhere when I play Smash Bros. on my GameCube controller (I have the adapter) because the second screen is distracting.

Taiyz wrote:
MARIO PARTY ON WII U WITH NO ONLINE PLAY, WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS ACCEPTABLE, HOW IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?
I also wanted to upgrade my Wii Classic controller to a pro for Xenoblade, Last Story, and all the other Wii games I have that would benefit from that (the ZL/ZR locations on the original classic controller are terrible) but THEY DON'T MAKE THOSE EITHER EVEN THOUGH SOME WIIU GAMES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH THEM and ALSO THE SYSTEM IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE AND YOU CAN'T USE THE WIIU PRO CONTROLLER FOR WII GAMES. So uh if you're actively advertising that something can be used in new games WHY are they not in production anymore?
The Wii U's analog stick still sucks compared to other platforms, so although the Pro Controller is a definite improvement, it's still only halfway to matching anything the other companies have had out there for two generations. My god I wish I could play Smash Bros. with the d-pad.

About the Classic Controller shit, tell me about it, if I want to play any N64 games on the Wii U, I basically have to wait until they decide to port them to the Wii U because the ONLY WAY you can play them is with a Classic Controller and I don't want a cancerous growth like that hanging off of my Wiimote. Looks like you're gonna have to wait for Wii U ports of Wii games like Super Mario Galaxy 2, Punch-Out! and Metroid Prime Trilogy, because those actually support Wii U controllers, assuming that the original supported the Classic Controller...Which NONE OF THE LAUNCH TITLES FOR THIS PROJECT DO.

Don't even getting me started about Donkey Shlong Country, they were removed from the Wii eShop on November 25th 2012 and did not come to the Wii U until February 26 of 2015.
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMSun Mar 29, 2015 3:45 pm

I just finished the first trial of danganronpa 2 and so far the trials seem to be a lot more complicated than the first game. It did take me a bit to adapt to the somewhat different exploration in this game though.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMTue Apr 14, 2015 9:36 pm

Wind Waker HD, final dungeon, started the boss rush. When fighting Gohma, I was not expecting to kill it so fast (due to having the full power master sword compared to the starter sword before). I also wasn't expecting to kill Gohma with A STAB IN THE EYE WITH THE GRAPPLING HOOK as the final blow. Considering how little damage that probably does, it was kind of awesome.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMWed Apr 15, 2015 12:36 am

I just started Megaman Battle Network 2, still trying to complete Neptunia Re;birth2.
Back to top Go down
Bo Staff Katana
Fatal Old Man
Bo Staff Katana

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMWed Apr 15, 2015 6:49 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
Also I wish there was a way to TURN THE GAMEPAD OFF when you're not using it.

Probably way too late with this, but you can turn the display off on the gamepad if you are using a different controller. You need to hit the home button and go to Controller Settings. Then click on Display Off on the gamepad. It sucks you have to do this each time, but it is at least an option.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMFri Apr 17, 2015 2:35 pm

Rune Factory 2.

This game has...pacing issues. I like how you play as your child in the second half of the game but good lord was gen 1 boring. 

Also character movement in combat and various other stuff is slower as heck and makes me appreciate 3 and 4. Slow mechanics are expected ofc but it puts stuff into perspective.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMSat Apr 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Killed Deadbeard (GS) in three turns yesterday. The whole fight took 5 minutes.

T1: Summon Storm (Thor, Judgment, Meteor) + Unleash Mars Djinn Flash
Deadbeard did roughly 15 damage to all of my guys
T2: Summon Storm (Cybele, Kirin, Procne) + Set Mars Djinn Flash
Deadbeard insisted on buffing his def/ res and attack
T3: Normal Attacks + Boreas + Unleash Mars Djinn Flash

If only I knew of these crazy tactics as a kid.
Flash op. (and Luff to a certain extent as well)

But of course, TLA had to introduce us to Lull...
What? No, you can't have your turn. I'm taking two turns in a row.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMSat Apr 18, 2015 7:27 pm

Senran Kagura for 3ds.

...It's actually pretty fun minus the sexual traits. Its a decent masher/beat em up.

Is there an edible hat I can eat?
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMSat Apr 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Been bored with games recently in all honesty.....
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMSat Apr 18, 2015 8:35 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
Killed Deadbeard (GS) in three turns yesterday. The whole fight took 5 minutes.

T1: Summon Storm (Thor, Judgment, Meteor) + Unleash Mars Djinn Flash
Deadbeard did roughly 15 damage to all of my guys
T2: Summon Storm (Cybele, Kirin, Procne) + Set Mars Djinn Flash
Deadbeard insisted on buffing his def/ res and attack
T3: Normal Attacks + Boreas + Unleash Mars Djinn Flash

If only I knew of these crazy tactics as a kid.
Flash op. (and Luff to a certain extent as well)

But of course, TLA had to introduce us to Lull...
What? No, you can't have your turn. I'm taking two turns in a row.

Sliv... I don't think it's the djinns that are OP....
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMTue Apr 21, 2015 9:44 am

Mega Man Battle Network - I have tons of games that are waiting for me to play through them, but I just wasn't feeling like playing any of them, so I've started MMBN, which I've played through years ago. This time, I'm playing it emulated on my laptop so I can have it looking nice on my HDTV instead of a tiny handheld. I do have the Game Boy Player for my GameCube, but that's for SDTVs.

I got it all set up and started playing, but so far it's not as fun as I remember it being. I also remember the futuristic setting and all sorts of home appliances being connected to the net being far more fascinating - not to mention STUPID AND DANGEROUS AS HELL but it was still fascinating. Until now, anyway. I guess it's just not as cool to me anymore now that Accel World has shown me a similar and much better setting.

I'm also running into emulation issues. Sometimes it will run fine, other times it will run with some slowdown that will make the audio crackle every now and then. Still at others, it will suddenly slow to a crawl and the audio will crackle like CRAZY, and I have no idea what's suddenly taking up my CPU to cause it to do that. I'll try with a fresh reboot when I get home from work today.

Wish I could find a more reliable emulator than VBA-M as far as speed AND screen filters. I could get it to perform better if I turned off TV Mode but I'm in love with the CRT-like screen output.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMTue Apr 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Completed the Grand Quest line of the Discard Area in Hollow Fragment and finally got Nebularaid Empress. Time to wreck some more HNMs.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMTue Apr 21, 2015 10:36 pm

So uhm, I forgot how ridiculously stupid the plot of MMBN is...

Games you've played today - Page 19 Hby83K3
Games you've played today - Page 19 CJwNlJg
Games you've played today - Page 19 Fpdk6Pm
Not only did they make this INSANELY OBVIOUS to the player while the entire game world played dumb, but now we're going to do the old "villain immediately admits to crime and/or tells you all his plans" routine?

Now to put out that fire...

Games you've played today - Page 19 4tJslQJ
Surely there's some water in this vase, though it probably wouldn't be enough. Regardless, can't use it.

Games you've played today - Page 19 QgBB9vS
This pan has quite a lot of water in it! Surely in a real world situation this is the first thing we'd even go for. But nope, can't use it!

Let me just walk as slowly as I can into Lan's room while the house burns down and...

Games you've played today - Page 19 Ki1lHlj
A SQUIRT GUN? Really now? Surely this little thing doesn't match the water capacity or pressure of a hose, wouldn't that be better?...

Games you've played today - Page 19 7mDdvdr

ಠ_ಠ

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaMWed Apr 22, 2015 2:40 am

You gotta keep in mind that Mega Man is made for kids, especially the Battle Network and Star Force series' with their cartoon tie-ins. It's basically internet Scooby-Doo.

Also I've got a sneaking suspicion that the WaterGun is a localization thing. It was probably meant to be a fire extinguisher but didn't want to make the puzzle (read: busy work) too easy so they put it in Lan's room, but it's weird to have a fire extinguisher in your room so...WaterGun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 19 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Games you've played today
Page 19 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next