Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Games you've played today

Go down 
+54
Moontoon
JohtoRed
Celestial Phoenix
Prochainezo
Cless Aileron
Yumi-Yumi
Bo Staff Katana
Emil12345
Sakura1106
Sherstelle
Meow Wow
TalesofHysteria
Dracos
Zacewing
AriArk2000
watermelon-lhant
ShirleyVaga
Chosen of Mana
Twinrehz
Silver Forte
Juanblue85
Psypher
Varrius
Hasta_Extermi
TrulyBigHeaded
Naoshi
King Cat the Sixth
Yoh-dono
Tenshigami
Prinny
senelcoolidge
Arn
Taiyz
Sapphie
SRMS
Red_Rose
BlazingFiddlesticks
warriorangel01
Suki
Abicion
Jean
Jazzeh
Falcom
DylDawg
GroundhogDay
shemwell99
Rainstorm
Txn
Meowzy
HCSteven
Venom
Suikoden
Harbinger
Slivendiferious
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
TalesofHysteria

TalesofHysteria

Games you've played today - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMFri Oct 09, 2015 2:05 am

FFVIII, just can't get into the battle system at all, it ruined the game for me back then and now. The music is fantastic but it's sandwiched by much better games (VI, VII, IX, X.) I'd honestly call VIII worse than XIII unless you are really against linearity.

It's weird to not like it because I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan but that's part of what makes FF so special, how it reinvents the wheel every time and isn't afraid to change.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMSat Oct 10, 2015 2:37 am

Got Dengeki Bunko for free today with my $60 credit at VGP... Fun game to play with weeb friends xD
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMSat Oct 10, 2015 8:02 am

Txn wrote:
Personally, I like this remake. The predator styles are fun although they didn't let you play around with the styles and skills they give.
I thought they let you mix and match predator attacks and the elemental attributes of them in the demo, in the menu here:
Games you've played today - Page 24 BrDC09N
yes this is a shameless attempt to showoff of my character, not that there's anything to show off in the first place
Or I'm just being dumb and there is actually more to look forward to predator styles? I'm a nub to God Eater tbh, I only tried God Eater Burst on PSP, but I remember the game being too hard on my pansy self and I quit much earlier than what this demo allowed me to play. In this demo though, I feel like a badass slaughtering gods left and right. Either the demo/remake toned down the difficulty or Freedom Wars was just too despairingly tough that it manned me up.

Speaking of Freedom Wars, I now realized what bugs me when playing GE Resurrection demo - the maneuverability. God, I missed swinging around with the whip in FW, finding places to snipe bosses only to be sniped myself.

For weapons, as in the screenshot above, I like Short Blade (if it's even short) because of the mobility, aerial maneuverability and cancelling. It helps that most monsters has a weak spot requiring you to jump (tail, head, etc) and I don't know why but most monster's attack doesn't damage you when you're busy hacking away while airborne. Variant Scythe came close second because R+Square sweeps for a really long range and hits multiple places at once. It's downside is you can't pinpoint the attack; while it hits multiple places, the damage is really low if it's not the weak part. And it depletes stamina a lot.

With guns, since I'm always an 'up close and personal' type of guy, Shotguns did the most damage for me. Blast Gun is also really great because the bullet homes in to target and you can stock up OP in reserve multiple times before spamming. I usually use Shotguns in tandem with Short Blades while Blast Guns with Scythe.

As for the shield in that screenshot above, I'm still not able to upgrade it since I'm not able to procure the materials. I thought I should kill the thunder saber-toothed lion thing, but I keep getting other stuff instead. It's sad because the shield has some sort of auto-block thing, which saved my ass in several occasion.

Anyway, GE:R is cool, I would no doubt buy it if it gets localized. It's frustrating not understanding the technical stuff while playing the demo, and I had to cross-reference the material list manually to know what mission drops what. It's easy for boss-based materials, but until today I still don't know what should I do to get that one material ending with katakana "GOMU" to craft a new suit. I made a mistake thinking Red/Purple suit's gonna look awesome with everything (also because I really nailed the Dante look in FW).
Games you've played today - Page 24 RtAjuBv
I should have made a White/Black or Black/Grey suit for a universal look instead.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMSat Oct 10, 2015 1:18 pm

My main complaint was with these:
Games you've played today - Page 24 AYGxshj

They only give you six skills to choose from. Two of them only increases the first attack/shot you do after doing the devouring action, and the other four just increases your defenses against an element.

I was actually expecting them to make skills like [Combo Master] or [Firm Stand] available in the demo.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMSat Oct 10, 2015 4:57 pm

Falcom wrote:
Got Dengeki Bunko for free today with my $60 credit at VGP... Fun game to play with weeb friends xD
Vita or PS3?
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMSat Oct 10, 2015 5:55 pm

PS3 meng
Back to top Go down
Dracos

Dracos

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMMon Oct 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Just a couple of days ago I started playing trails in the sky. It has been really enjoyable so far. I dont know why, but it reminds meof the tales franchise.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMSat Oct 24, 2015 4:22 am

Zestiria: oh god that inspection at rolance is hilarious. sorey's voice made it all so much funnier.

this game has some really fun script and voice acting, i'm glad i stick with english audio for the whole game. it does overdo a bit with the puns. as mikleo groaned during the arsenic skit, "...really?"
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMSat Oct 24, 2015 3:42 pm

Yeah the dub's super great. It's really nice that a lot of modern dubs are starting to be a bit more free when it comes to adapting dialogue. FUNimation really lead the charge on that.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMSun Oct 25, 2015 1:02 am

I'm all for localization than literal translation, but goddammit the addition of Rose intensifies the puns oh god why.

Still funny though, with how Dezel begrudgingly explaining the joke to the less bright members.

EDIT: Finally gotten Giant's Strength in Zestiria, now for all the backtracking to break rocks, damn. Also, holy shit orchestral flamenco for fire temple is really fitting (flame-nco geddit?...dammit what has zestiria done to me), and seamless music during battle in there. Zestiria DOES have a really great soundtracks, not bitching on Sakuraba here, but the addition of Go Shiina really shines through.

Yeah, Flaming Bonds are Being Tested, best music hyping me all the f*** up. Dammit listen to the richness of the composition, and the slow down to make way for guitar plucking is ...wow.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMSun Oct 25, 2015 9:06 pm

Apparently puns are a big part of the Japanese language, so I don't really have a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMTue Oct 27, 2015 6:46 am

It probably is, but it kinda make me groan when hearing it in language I know. Especially when they come up with new puns in every single encounter with new type of enemies.

Newest I got is about "curling" and everyone in the circle swirled up a whole round of puns. It was pointless and is spiraling out of control.

oh god why did i do that

EDIT: I ended up not sleeping while playing Zestiria, keep telling myself "I'll finish up this little bit of sidequest before quitting", "Maybe after this tidbit of story", "Wait, I haven't killed that one boss, I'll just do a quick battle then" and finally, "Well, it looks like it's about to be final battle already, why not?". And then I pressed L2 and saw the final dungeon's map. f*** that I'm going to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Prochainezo

Prochainezo

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMWed Oct 28, 2015 6:39 pm

I played some Mana Khemia earlier today. I haven't been too much into JRPGs lately, but Mana Khemia is doing something extremely well because I can't seem to put it down. The battle system is fun and the time management doesn't bother me as much as with Ateliers. It's amusing how a game with strict deadlines feels more lenient than something without any "real" deadlines.
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Sakuyashii
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMWed Oct 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Prochainezo wrote:
I played some Mana Khemia earlier today. I haven't been too much into JRPGs lately, but Mana Khemia is doing something extremely well because I can't seem to put it down. The battle system is fun and the time management doesn't bother me as much as with Ateliers. It's amusing how a game with strict deadlines feels more lenient than something without any "real" deadlines.
Now, see, what makes it great in Mana Khemia is that the time management only matters when you're in the middle of an assignment. The game actually gives you leeway to freely grind for levels or do whatever else you need, as the game won't even advance a day unless certain conditions are met.

Also I really love the battle system and I'm a huge fan of overly elaborate, devastating attacks. Mana Khemia 1 and 2 are a couple of my favorite games on the PS2

The Atelier Iris trilogy is also pretty great as they don't have really have any time management until AI3, which uses a system somewhat similar to Mana Khemia but you don't really have to worry about it too much at all. You mostly just have to worry about running out of time and getting kicked out of a dungeon.

Atelier Rorona was such a huge disappointment for me because I loved the Iris trilogy and Mana Khemia 1 and 2, and then Rorona and onwards are downright unplayable for me due to the time management.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMThu Oct 29, 2015 2:34 am

I beat Halo 5 today. It was decent I guess. It took me 9 1/2 hours on Heroic difficulty. The Covenant are back to how they used to be before Halo 4; that game changed their animations and voices for some reason. Unfortunately the Prometheans are still in the game. The Knights no longer have shields nor the ability to teleport, which makes them a lot easier to kill. There are two enemies. Promethean Soldiers teleport and basically act like the Promethean version of Elites, and I couldn't find an obvious weak point on them. They seemed to die pretty fast, though. Wardens are a new miniboss type enemy. They take a shitload of damage, and can kill you in one hit. They have a homing attack that hits you behind cover (and one-shots you), fun.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMThu Oct 29, 2015 8:00 am

So Wardens are basically the Promethean version of Hunters.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMThu Oct 29, 2015 12:46 pm

Basically. They are a lot faster, though.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMFri Oct 30, 2015 9:46 am

Trails SC.

Hard mode is unbalanced and cheap. I restarted after 5 hours of play that involved resetting boss fights and Estelle and Analace going back to heal points all the time.

Story and character wise: the game is very engaging so far and the characters still seem to be very lovable. I remembered some NPC names too.

Father Kevin (That's his label to me from now on) is amazeballs.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMFri Oct 30, 2015 10:55 am

God Eater Resurrection: Dyaus Pita is no longer a joke Shocked
Games you've played today - Page 24 QlFQJ7el
Back to top Go down
HCSteven
Hoenn Champion
HCSteven

Location : Yume I Don't Care About Your Avatar My Avatar Is Cleaner.Happy Bday

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMMon Nov 02, 2015 1:09 am

Iruna and SAS 4 but mainly Iruna
Back to top Go down
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMSat Nov 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Final Fantasy Record Keeper. Never tought I'd play a phone game so much!
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMTue Nov 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Finally had a chance to sit down and play Fallout 4. The essentially non-existant shitty tutorial on settlement building coupled with bugs is off-putting, but I'm still enjoying things thus far.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMTue Nov 10, 2015 10:19 pm

So Assassin's Creed Syndicate is one of the games worth playing. (Brotherhood, Black Flag and Syndicate are the best games in the series IMO.)

The rope launcher is something they should have had since they tried the hook blade in Revelations and failed to make it compelling at all. Unfortunately, free-running is almost completely locked on-rails now, your character will just refuse to do anything if it will put them in danger, which also means that you can't do any sweet ledge-grabbing nonsense (not that you could in Unity, but at least you could wall-eject backwards when you wanted to tank some fall damage.) Free running down is faster than it was in Unity though, so this is something that will only bother diehards like myself.

The river Thames is fucking amazing, randomly generated boats of various kinds that come with their own random events to get loot or experience. Easily the most fun district in Assassin's Creed history, it's like if you took the super fun sailing from Black Flag and turned it into a free-running zone. Achievement Hunter played a fun little game with it:

Combat is also the best it's ever been. It's actually very challenging since it's super quick, and the police will f*** you up if they get involved. Unity had already started these improvements with an interesting parry system, but combat in that game still ended up being very janky. This has been a pet peeve of mine for a while, because people praise Batman/Shadows of Mordor/Mad Max combat which was completely ripped off from earlier Assassin's Creed in the first place. Finally they're the ones that need to keep up.

The story isn't much to write home about yet, but they have made historical characters a major focus again, finally. They are essentially your GTA-style mission contacts. This really hasn't been a major focus since, like, Brotherhood. Unity was especially bad since they had all these characters but you never interacted with them in cutscenes.

The protagonists are also fantastic, the best since Ezio and Edward, unfortunately they ruin Evie's potential by cheaply giving her a Gary Stu love interest right from the word go. Jacob even calls her out on her bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMSun Nov 15, 2015 7:35 pm

Ok so I'm playing Fallout 4 and I travel east near the Boston Commons. I venture closer and Piper was all like "People don't return from here." I just shirk it off as nothing, after the DC Metro Tunnels or the Dunwich Building nothing can catch me off guard, right? Lol nope!

I wander into the park and come across Swan's Pond. Thinking this place looked vacant, I neared the Pond's edge. Oh boy was that ever a fuckin' mistake!
Words:

I really hope there is more of this kind of stuff to come because I can't stop laughing as I haul ass up some fire escape atm.

Moral of the story: When your companion warns you of shit, LISTEN!
Back to top Go down
HCSteven
Hoenn Champion
HCSteven

Location : Yume I Don't Care About Your Avatar My Avatar Is Cleaner.Happy Bday

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaMThu Nov 19, 2015 11:37 am

The Johtos:

(New Game In TOD2)
Games you've played today - Page 24 971m2s

(Leaf in Infinity)
Games you've played today - Page 24 6th3pd

(Red In Iruna)
Games you've played today - Page 24 25hzbbc

Alder and Green will come fruition in something else future wise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 24 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Games you've played today
Page 24 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next