Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Games you've played today

Go down 
+54
Moontoon
JohtoRed
Celestial Phoenix
Prochainezo
Cless Aileron
Yumi-Yumi
Bo Staff Katana
Emil12345
Sakura1106
Sherstelle
Meow Wow
TalesofHysteria
Dracos
Zacewing
AriArk2000
watermelon-lhant
ShirleyVaga
Chosen of Mana
Twinrehz
Silver Forte
Juanblue85
Psypher
Varrius
Hasta_Extermi
TrulyBigHeaded
Naoshi
King Cat the Sixth
Yoh-dono
Tenshigami
Prinny
senelcoolidge
Arn
Taiyz
Sapphie
SRMS
Red_Rose
BlazingFiddlesticks
warriorangel01
Suki
Abicion
Jean
Jazzeh
Falcom
DylDawg
GroundhogDay
shemwell99
Rainstorm
Txn
Meowzy
HCSteven
Venom
Suikoden
Harbinger
Slivendiferious
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

Games you've played today - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 12:37 am

I've played some more ToSc. I think it's a first --- I think that game is really annoying me. It isn't a bad game --- it simply has aged terribly.

My brother just finished South Park: Stick of Truth. It was pretty fun to watch.

(My brother also bought Disgaea 2 for me, but I don't have time right now! Still need to finish both ToSc and the sequel. I need to finish FFXIII-3. I need to finish Disgaea 4 post-game... etc.)
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 12:50 am

Harbinger wrote:
it simply has aged terribly.

That's the problem 98% of us had, I'm pretty sure.

Didn't play anything today, though I preordered Xil 2 and Disgaea 4 Vita
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 1:55 am

Hehe Smile I'm pretty sure I'm almost done with ToSc. I can't remember any other game that I needed to use a guide so often. I used it for Xenoblade to find NPCs (and their time) and some other side quests. In ToSc, I have to use it not because of the puzzle, but because I need to click on something that is not visually obvious (or cross some place that doesn't look accessible... like "Oh, there's a ramp here?!). I ended up missing that button in some random room (not part of a puzzle) so often, I used Holy Potions because I got sick of battles >_>

I should be done with the game tomorrow so I can start Disgaea 2 tomorrow Smile

Falcom wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
it simply has aged terribly.

That's the problem 98% of us had, I'm pretty sure.

Didn't play anything today, though I preordered Xil 2 and Disgaea 4 Vita

Disgaea 4 reminds me of Tales of Vesperia! I mean, their cast... the voice actors... If I had a Vita, I would buy it too!
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 2:59 am

A lot of Japanese game voice actors are the same these days, even more than before. Resident Evil 6 comes out and I see its actors in every other game. (I bring up RE6 because it introduced me to the main man Mercer.)
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMFri Jul 18, 2014 9:33 pm

I heard Japanese voice actors don't get paid nearly as much English ones do, so they do a lot more work.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMSun Jul 20, 2014 4:55 am

Finished Xenoblade Chronicles. One of the best RPGs I've played ever. Quests were dumb though. Love it.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMSun Jul 20, 2014 5:01 am

Prinny wrote:
I heard Japanese voice actors don't get paid nearly as much English ones do, so they do a lot more work.
That's not what I'm talking about. I meant English voice actors of Japanese games. I even referenced Matthew Mercer.

VAs don't get paid well, that's a fact over here unless you're a celebrity (it's disgusting honestly,) but I don't know if there's a cultural difference.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMSun Jul 20, 2014 3:24 pm

I thought Union voice actors get paid $495 per hour of work in the US and its the non-Union voice actors who get screwed?
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMSun Jul 20, 2014 5:28 pm

$495 an hour? WTF?
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMSun Jul 20, 2014 7:04 pm

Harbinger wrote:
$495 an hour? WTF?
Maybe an hour of voiced text?
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMMon Jul 21, 2014 1:10 am

Harbinger wrote:
$495 an hour? WTF?

ikr I could feed families with that money
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMTue Jul 22, 2014 7:28 am

Definitely made the right choice with the PS4 (though with Xrd's exclusivity, it was basically the only choice.) The main screen will take some getting used to, but PSN is incredibly well done on it (it takes a while to figure out how various parts of the store link to one another, but it's intuitive once things click.)

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the limited availability of demos, but then again, the Xbox One could be in the same boat because they no longer have XBLA branding. I don't think PSN ever mandated demos for digital-only games, and considering how the marketplace has changed from "XBLA" to "digital-only/indie" I reckon that the Xbox One's going to be in the same state.

The game Contrast is going to be my test here. The PS4 version has no demo, but the 360 version does. I've got to check on the PS3 and Xbox One (and it possibly came out on PC too.)
Edit: Yep, the only demo that exists for Contrast is on XBLA. I also checked Transistor and there is no PC or PS4 demo. So, bottom line, only the 360 ever mandated demos for digital-only games (and that didn't include Games on Demand titles even though Crysis, RE4 and RECV:X were digital-only.) Xbox kind of missed out on an opportunity to keep that going...

Watch_Dogs is also a fucking fantastic game. f*** anybody who complained about it. Sure it's not what people were expecting, and yeah the graphics aren't as stellar as they should be (mostly caused by tons of aliasing,) but it's incredibly unique for a sandbox crime game, and the multitude of mini-games are fucking amazing. The soundtrack setup is also excellent.

It's basically like a slightly futuristic version of the TV series Arrow, with guns and an extendable nightstick instead of the bow, and tools and hacking instead of the various arrows. While there isn't anything comparable to the island subplot, Aiden develops in similar ways to Oliver and becomes known as "The Vigilante" making it hard not to draw comparisons. They both find themselves killing to protect or avenge who's close to them, and trying to stop crime in less violent ways to clear their conscience. Arrow's a fucking great TV show, probably my favourite live action show right now, surpassing The Listener, so that makes Watch_Dogs even better than I was expecting.

Oh and Remote Play is pretty killer. Obviously using the touch pad is kind of awkward (Watch_Dogs covers L1, R1 on top, L3 and R3 on the bottom,) but because the controls are different for each game the devs manage to find comfortable ways of making it work. The map is handled in a really great way, since you don't have a touchpad like the DualShock 4, you just tap on the mini-map on the touchscreen!
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMSun Jul 27, 2014 6:01 am

Got back into playing Ace Combat Infinity the past couple days. I really wish the game was a regular release instead of F2P nonsense. Well whatever, it is fun.
Also been playing BBCP on Vita, because I seem to be better at it for some odd reason. Maybe it is the short travel of the joysticks on the Vita vs the DS3 controller...
Back to top Go down
http://venom800tt.deviantart.com/
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMSun Jul 27, 2014 1:13 pm

Destiny is surprisingly fun. I was definitely not impressed by what I saw before playing it. And well, I'm still not impressed, but it is good. It's basically a combination of Borderlands and Phantasy Star Online, with guns kinda based on Halo's (assault rifle, battle rifle, DMR, magnum, shotgun, sniper rifle and a chargeable shotgun like Halo 4's forerunner stuff.) It also has a shield system like Halo, although the gunplay is more comparable to Call of Duty-likes.

The classes are all pretty distinct, while still making each of them pretty appealing in their own way. Each one has various sub-classes that retain a few core abilities (with twists) but feature a Super move and a special melee attack that are unique. For instance, the Voidwalker sub-class for the Warlock, its melee attack drains energy to replenish your grenades faster, where-as the Sunsinger burns enemies with solar damage. The Voidwalker's super lets you lob a ball of void energy at enemies, the Sunsinger's apparently is a buff of some sort that powers up your attributes, I haven't been able to use it yet.

I need to put some time in as the Hunter, I've got a character on PS4 and one on 360 currently (the last gen versions actually hold up very well although the aliasing is really bad as you'd expect. The lighting looks entirely different on current gen consoles.) I'm honestly thinking of playing as a Warlock instead of my usual thief/assassin kind of role...Which is kind of fitting considering the PSO similarities (I played a FOmar.) I'll have to see how the stealth works out, and how the blade-using Hunter sub class plays, because the Golden Gun doesn't appeal to me. It's kinda lame that the blade class doesn't get a triple jump (their double jump is replaced by a short-range teleport which could still be cool.)

I want Bungie to add a bunch of extra easter-eggs in the Tower. There are balls that randomly spawn, one that floats around and bounces off your head, and a soccer ball you can kick. There's also a hidden switch on a balcony (jump over the railing, hold X to enable a fan, and if other players sprint-jump onto a building ahead of the switch, they can stand on the fan and get blown into the air when somebody toggles the fan.) Holiday events would be hella fun.

And yes, I was serious about bringing up PSO. The race and class breakdown (Human, Awoken/Numen, Exo/Cast, Titan/Hunter, Hunter/Ranger and Warlock/Force) and The Tower, the hub, are extremely reminiscent. Major nostalgia trip. Bungie also seems to be going back to their pre-Halo roots where some player model designs are definitely influenced a bit by anime.

Give it a try! The beta's available on each platform, no pre-order necessary now.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMTue Aug 05, 2014 11:17 pm

Should I buy SAO Hollow Fragment?
It's looks..... alright I guess? Really grindy from what I've seen though.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMTue Aug 05, 2014 11:54 pm

It's a hunting game, is it not? Do you like hunting games?
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMSun Aug 10, 2014 1:55 pm

They're alright, though this looks REALLY grindy.

Anyways got D4 Vita today.

Games you've played today - Page 13 10363769_10205028357176927_1677072001379639364_n

idk if I want to start it yet tho
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMSun Aug 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Great game Smile

Go Fuka!
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMWed Aug 13, 2014 6:39 pm

Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed
Games you've played today - Page 13 Bu8UVahIAAAgU2M
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMFri Aug 22, 2014 11:03 pm

.... Anyone else hooked on Xil2?
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMFri Aug 22, 2014 11:17 pm

Falcom wrote:
.... Anyone else hooked on Xil2?
I've noticed you playing all day, mister! Wink

But fer the record so am I! I find it hard to dredge up enough motivation ta eat when the need ta keep searchin' fer cats plagues me so. D:
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMFri Aug 22, 2014 11:25 pm

I am 48 hours clocked in on the final chapter BUUUUUT finding le cats is what is stopping me from progressing.

WHERE ART THOU KITTY CATS!?!?
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMSat Aug 23, 2014 2:18 am

Whoring myself to ToX2 as well, though I am taking a bit more time to progress...
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMSat Aug 23, 2014 2:24 am

I'm like chapter 7 or something. I am currently doing Jude's chapter 2.
Back to top Go down
Venom
My Mule is Sexy
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaMSat Aug 23, 2014 3:23 am

I'm only just finishing Chapter 6 lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games you've played today   Games you've played today - Page 13 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Games you've played today
Page 13 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next