Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION

Go down 
+32
Prinny
Dis
Falunel
Arn
Ryu
King Cat the Sixth
Dimentionalist
TimeFactor
Naoshi
Abicion
cutepresea
BlazingFiddlesticks
Sagadego
Sakura1106
Smuglord
Suki
Sapphie
Varrius
TrulyBigHeaded
DylDawg
Yume Hanabi
Txn
Colour
Augla
Zwei.0
Rainstorm
Falcom
Suikoden
Moontoon
Slivendiferious
DreamSword
Chosen of Mana
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Naoshi

Naoshi

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMMon Jul 28, 2014 9:59 pm

That RNG.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMMon Jul 28, 2014 10:14 pm

Suicide KFC...
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMTue Jul 29, 2014 1:34 am

Txn wrote:
Suicide KFC...

You called?
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMTue Jul 29, 2014 3:15 am

Txn wrote:
Suicide KFC...
Ikr?
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMTue Jul 29, 2014 7:58 pm

Falcom and I had some battles earlier testing our (potential) cartridge teams against each other:

Struggle Lock vs Moxie Garchomp: ( 10 turns )
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoubles-146541962

Salamence vs parahax Seaking ( 10 turns )
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoubles-146544650

Aerodactyl vs Fake Out.......... It's not very effective... ( 6 turns )
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotdoubles-146549206

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMTue Jul 29, 2014 8:17 pm

PARAHAX!

Parahaxxxxxxxx I SAAAAAAAAY

But yes Struggle lock was a pretty strong strat....

Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMSat Aug 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Thanks to Sliv here, who took care of my items and pokes while I restarted the game (Twice), we now have a set of megastones from the opposing version! (... well, I'll get my Y-version stones once I get to the post-game >.>)
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMSat Aug 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Alas, now I won't be able to surprise anyone anymore by Mega Evolving my Charizard into Charizard Y on my pokemon X!

On the other hand, now that you all know, I can play mindgames with you if I ever face you in combat.
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMSat Aug 02, 2014 11:04 pm

GUESS WHO GOT BANNED!?

>_>
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMSat Aug 02, 2014 11:19 pm

As a non-XY player, fill me in, how much does Smogon actually matter when friends matches should be even easier to arrange and random battles are a thing? They not Nintendo, and the ways for the silent majority to get around them have increased with every generation.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMSun Aug 03, 2014 12:01 am

For the games themselves, Smogon doesn't really matter at all except if both parties want to enforce the rules. For example, in Player Search System of XY, some players explicitly broadcast messages like "OU/UU only" or "smogon clause", but ultimately nothing in the cartridge will stop you from using any strategies you want and it comes down to each player to enforce those rules in the spirit of sportsmanship.

Smogon actually only matters in the domain they themselves lord over such as Pokemon Showdown because the server will check whether their Pokemon team adheres to the (Smogon) rules of that particular tier/metagame.

It's just that some cartridge players have huge sticks up their collective asses demanding everyone to play the way Smogon enlightened us to or they won't hesitate to ragequit your n00b scrub ass. Which in turn incites the rage of the Smogon-atheists that proceed to bash at every single thing Smogon preaches because being contrary is cool.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMSun Aug 03, 2014 7:15 am

I agree King Cath the Sixth.

Contrary Spinda is cool. Couldn't resist. I agree with the other stuff you've said as well!

I just disagree with the general opinion of Smogon on this matter and I think they've made a mistake (sorry for grouping all of Smogon together here).

Aegislash being banned won't affect me personally all that much because I either play on Showdown in XY Battlespot singles/ doubles or on my cartridge anyway. It's just that I like the idea of Aegislash, how tactical it can be, and I hope there will be more pokemon like that in the future.

I like how tactical doubles can be, with ally switch, electrify, protect/ spiky shield/ quick guard/ wide guard, rage powder, flinging berries at your own pokes, discharging at a volt absorb pokemon, to name a few things. Aegislash can do tactics all on its own, and that's why I think banning aegislash is a mistake.

Although I heard it wasn't really how tactical it was (the "forcing of 50/50's) but how high its stats are in both formes? I haven't really paid much attention to it after the first five pages.

Anyway, the only way it affects me are ragequits and stalling from the other player, both in XY Battlespot on my cartridge and on Showdown. Showdown has the added feature of a player chat, in which people have already thrown insults at me (and more often ragequitted) because I brought a pokemon they deemed too strong.

"I can't believe you use Mega Kangaskhan..."
[insert name here]-disconnected.

^This is one of the tamer examples of what happened not too long ago.

On the cartridge they'll either ragequit immediately or stall for time the entire match, the latter of which is quite annoying. And so is the former, if you wanted to save the replay.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone (on Smogon) is like this, and I don't use Aegislash myself because I'm very bad at using him, so indeed it won't affect me very much. I just think it's a shame.

So yeah, these are my two cents on the subject.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMSun Aug 03, 2014 10:07 am

Aegislash is undeniably a very good Pokemon. With Stance Change, you're pretty much dealing with a 720 BST Pokemon (Arceus) because of how incredibly safe (uninterruptible?) he can change around his stat. Because of his balanced (and powerful) physical and special attacking stat, as well as having access to a wide coverage, you can't really predict what set it's going to be hiding and thus you're going into a gamble everytime you're going against him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't condone this ban and I certainly don't have a massive hard on towards Smogon to worship all of their excellence and rain judgments to the naysayers, but I can understand the rationale behind it. Aegislash is just a terribly good Pokemon that it made Bisharp, a pretty horrible Pokemon back in BW, OU. Well, you can take this both ways (Bisharp finally gains some love) but his rise to OU also meant that everyone and their dogs can't take Aegislash's shit anymore and decided for the safest way to counter it regardless if it meant that they're forcing a Pokemon they don't like into their team (read: invalidating playstyle).

And jokes on the ragequitters, but ragequitting and insults have always been the norm of every competitive game so I guess, we just have to put ip with it. But seriously, was it so hard to forfeit the match in the spirit of sportsmanship? How is clicking Run then Yes is harder than turning off the Wifi switch, turning it back on, clicking on the connect to Internet button and having to wait until you're back on the lobby?
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMSun Aug 03, 2014 11:05 am

I think its typing is part of its OverPoweredness as well.

If it weren't a ghost type, Feint would work on it.

I wonder what the meta game would look like if Feint were more prevalent. It's a +2 priority move, meaning it outspeeds most other priority moves (except extremespeed, rage powder and protect), it goes straight through protect, and it shatters protect for the rest of the turn. It is extremely useful in doubles.

But it doesn't work on Aegislash.

Power Herb Phantom Force Golurk or Trevenant would actually deal a ton of damage to both of Aegislash's formes straight through King's Shield now that I think about it.

Although that would be exactly what they didn't want with Bisharp I guess, bringing a specific counter for one pokemon.

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 No_aegislash_allowed_by_slivius-d7s7pqv
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMSun Aug 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Oh, Mega Pinsir can do an Aerilated Feint. Too bad it still won't stand a chance because Head Smash and Steel typing. And I still can't get over how hideous Mega Pinsir is. Skill Link Megacross for life.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMSun Aug 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Golurk and shedinja are too squishy.

It's steel type so toxic won't work on it.

Future sight is an option, except that most pokemon who get it are psychic types, and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe ghost is super effective against psychic?

So, ideally you'd want Future Sight on an Absol. Power Herb Absol seems like a waste if you can go Megabsol.

You could use foresight on it so normal and fighting moves can hit it, but you'd be giving Aegislash a free turn.

Sacred sword takes care of scrappy kangaskhan...

I guess it is very powerful.

But I'm curious how well Trevenant would be able to hold his own against him.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFiddlesticks

BlazingFiddlesticks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMSun Aug 03, 2014 2:56 pm

I did not really think anything had changed (on Smogon). They're well-intentioned, and very little of what becomes consensus over there is actually wrong. What is Junichi Masuda admitting Mega-Khanga is overcentralizing- by statements that the team did not expect Mega-Kahngaskhan to be so strong, and that she's okay because she can be countered (overcentralizing, not broken)- but the ultimate affirmation? Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't think of anything that can just come in and win the game to that degree since RBY Starmie and Tauros and GSC Snorlax.

I think Battle Revolution, of all places, is going to forever be my best Pokemon experience. Creativity and fearlessness to use whatever darn Pokemon one wanted just abounded there, even after the 5th generation rolled around. Also ran into Uber-noobs that taught their Giratina's Cut but that comes with the territory.

Unrelated but Mega Pinsir is sweetest justice. Even if he has to... give up his bug type to do it.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMThu Aug 07, 2014 7:37 pm

Speaking of totally awesome pokémon, does anyone happen to have a Defiant Piplup?
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 08, 2014 3:18 am

Adamant 6IV Defiant Piplup with Feather Dance reporting in. Male though.

On another note, Prankster Quash is great.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles-149240040
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles-149881996

And as a bonus, here's Sableye end game solo stalling double battle like a boss.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles-149520922
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 08, 2014 5:03 am

Mega Salamence conirmed!!!! MY FAVE POKE GOT ITS MEGA!
Someone post a pic, I am on my Vita..... I have mixed feelings on its appearance.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 08, 2014 5:42 am

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 Corocoro-3
Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 Corocoro-1
Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 Corocoro-2

Megamence get Aerilate...shi-, oh wait, it doesn't have Extreme Speed, phew. I actually really love the design, less bulky more speedy. Salamence is frail enough anyway.

Wait what the hell, it's defense get a boost?

Megaltaria get Pixilate, and is Dragon/Fairy. Gonna be a great staller I guess, or Sylveon 2.0 with Hyper Voice. Mega Ampharos got a new challenger for the most fabulous hair.
zz Mega Lopunny is Normal/Fighting, and it get Scrappy. Welcome to the furry fighting club, inb4 Mega Zoroark Dark/Fighting.

Mega Nidoking when?

holy shit big picture
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 08, 2014 6:09 am

King Cat the Sixth wrote:
Beautiful!

What would you like in return?

Quote :
On another note, Prankster Quash is great.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles-149240040
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles-149881996

And as a bonus, here's Sableye end game solo stalling double battle like a boss.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogondoubles-149520922
I'll check these later today, you've made me curious.

Those Megavolutions look amazing. I fear Pixilate Altaria and Aerilite Salamence already.
If this makes Lopunny viable (against ghosts even), I'm very interested indeed.
Life Orb Lopunny is already a bit of a thread, but this might just make it amazing.

If Mega Zoroark is a thing, I would main it like there's no tomorrow.
Illusion Zoroark megavolve into Imposter Zoroark?

Let the mindgames begin.

I love Zoroark.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotsingles-149707584
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotsingles-149714451
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybattlespotsingles-149727339
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 08, 2014 6:56 am

Maybe Altaria can be usful now. Of course, if Smogon doens't ban it.
Back to top Go down
King Cat the Sixth

King Cat the Sixth

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 08, 2014 7:40 am

Slivendiferious wrote:
King Cat the Sixth wrote:
Beautiful!

What would you like in return?
I'm not particularly looking for anything, but if you have a Protean Froakie line, I'd take that.

That last Zoroark replay is legit funny.
Back to top Go down
Txn
You > Evil
Txn

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaMFri Aug 08, 2014 11:20 am

OH MY GOD! MEGA ALTARIA!!!

Altaria is my favorite dragon type, and I'm really happy it gets a mega. That thing is so fluffy~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon - HOENN EDITION   Pokémon - HOENN EDITION - Page 15 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Pokémon - HOENN EDITION
Page 15 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next