Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken

Go down 
+37
Meow Wow
Grim
fateoffate
Prinny
Lewnatic
Cless Aileron
Naoshi
King Cat the Sixth
Roadie
Drake
AquaRimms
Dracos
Psypher
Zacewing
warriorangel01
Jazzeh
Bo Staff Katana
Chosen Zelos
DoubleL
Txn
Jean
VanSensei
Abicion
Dr. Casey
Tenshigami
BlazingFiddlesticks
Moontoon
DylDawg
Lloyzerdk
Harbinger
Arn
Venom
Taiyz
Slivendiferious
Samaël
Falcom
Suikoden
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMMon Mar 16, 2015 11:01 am

Pos: had a long chat with a friend yesterday. He's doing quite well, but unfortunately he has a hard time seeing it that way. There's a lot of pain and guilt from things that happened well over a year ago now that he's still slowly learning to let go of.

Neg: He was telling me about something he said to his girlfriend that pissed her off, and quite frankly if he had said the same about our friendship I would have been just as pissed.

It's not about what he's done - that's in the past, it doesn't matter anymore. It's not about whether he "deserves" to call me a friend. I'm his friend because I want to be.

I was there - I stuck with him through it. What happened, happened, and I don't blame him for it. I lost a friend out of it even, but it wasn't him, and it wasn't due to anything he had done. My judgement on those events has already passed,  and as far as I'm concerned he has nothing to feel guilty about.

There are a lot of people that really respect him and I wish he'd stop blinding himself to that.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMMon Mar 16, 2015 1:02 pm

Neg: I got shocked by a 200-something Volt pair of sensors while disassembling a coffee machine today.
Spent the following three hours walking (and cycling) from first aid post to first aid post until finally I was sent to the emergency GP office of my city...

WHICH WAS CLOSED UNTIL 5:00!

I called my own GP (different city) and got council through my phone.
I should be okay but as soon as I start to lose motor functions I need to call ASAP.

I have several (~11) small burn marks on both of my hands, and had severe muscle aches in my right upper arm and my upper legs. Also had a really spiky headache on the right side of my brain for a short moment. Almost fainted afterwards, but that was because of stress, probably.

The course coordinator for who we did this was shocked (not by electricity) and promised me that he was going to inform the other students of the dangers.

Fick: I was recording audio at the time (we needed to record a coffee machine without housing for the course) so my scream has been recorded. It is the creepiest and scariest scream I have ever heard. Movie- (and wilhelm) screams don't compare at all.

Neg: Still stressed out, very slowly relaxing. Very slowly...

Pos: I was lucky there was an emergency breaker in between the socket and the coffee maker, or things could've ended very differently. At the very least, the faculty would've lost all power. Chances are I wouldn't have been so lucky either.
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMMon Mar 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Fick. The New 3DS XL charging cradle I imported from Japan still isn't here yet. It shipped on February 22nd and tomorrow's the last day in the Estimated Delivery timeframe. Does receiving imported stuff always take forever? I've only done it a handful of times.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMMon Mar 16, 2015 2:33 pm

@Sliv holy cow I hope you're alright! You seem to be in well enough shape to provide at least one electrifying pun, which proves you've still got the energy for humor. So there's that.

Hopefully you're well grounded now and your condition remains stable!
Back to top Go down
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMMon Mar 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Negative: Canada Post is keeping my copy of Zestiria hostage until tomorrow I guess. >:
Back to top Go down
Lloyzerdk

Lloyzerdk

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMTue Mar 17, 2015 4:20 pm

Neg. My history mid-term will have to be hand-written instead of typed. I know the questions beforehand and have come up with answers for each one, but I don't know which question I'll be required to answer and whether or not I can memorize my answers.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMTue Mar 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
@Sliv holy cow I hope you're alright! You seem to be in well enough shape to provide at least one electrifying pun, which proves you've still got the energy for humor. So there's that.

Well, it was quite a shock...

But my condition has remained stable!
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMTue Mar 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
Tenshigami wrote:

Well, it was quite a shock...

But my condition has remained stable!

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 1sOGUmW
Back to top Go down
Falcom
School Idol
Falcom

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMWed Mar 18, 2015 12:30 am

Wow Sliv, how did ya type? Glad you're doing better tho :3

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 Tumblr_m055cwi7yq1qgzv18o1_500
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMWed Mar 18, 2015 3:51 am

Jesus christ Sliv. I'm glad you're okay, but I'm too much of an asshole to not link this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bCyf1AwOJ8&t=33s
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMWed Mar 18, 2015 7:34 pm

Thanks guys!

Neg: No new superpowers.

Neg: I'm not clear yet...
I most likely got zapped with an alternating current, so I'm going to have to pay close attention to any abnormalities in my heart rate for a couple of days.

Pos: So far so good!
I'm probably fine.

Neg: Electronics practical tomorrow.

Why must you taunt me so, electricity?! Why?!
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMWed Mar 18, 2015 10:31 pm

Fick: Our power suddenly went out around midnight last night and we later learned some drunk redneck knocked over a pole. Literally the second time this has happened in under a month. Wtf lol

Pos: There's something hilarious about a dog going about with a random piece of rice on their head.

Pos: Key Lime pie!

Pos: Going to go over the details of what work I can start doing tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMWed Mar 18, 2015 10:45 pm

Slivendiferious wrote:
Neg: I'm not clear yet...
I most likely got zapped with an alternating current, so I'm going to have to pay close attention to any abnormalities in my heart rate for a couple of days.
Eep! Hope nothing happens!

Slivendiferious wrote:
Neg: Electronics practical tomorrow.

Why must you taunt me so, electricity?! Why?!
You could try to be a little more positive about it. Time to show that practical watt for! You're the one who's in charge!

*dashes away before he's thunderbolted by a stray pikachu*
Back to top Go down
Jean

Jean

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMThu Mar 19, 2015 1:30 am

This is my second semester at university.

In all honesty, I've put in less effort than in my first semester

Yet.. my results are better! My average so far is 90%!

I'm heading for all A's excepted stats, which looks like a B so far.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMThu Mar 19, 2015 5:06 am

I just noticed my post count. Man, time flies, huh? It feels like this forum is only a couple months old still.

Dei wrote:
Negative: Canada Post is keeping my copy of Zestiria hostage until tomorrow I guess. >:
Tell me about it. Check this out:

USPS wrote:
March 18, 2015 , 5:17 pm
Departed
Miami, UNITED STATES
Your item departed a transfer airport in International, Miami, UNITED STATES on March 18, 2015 at 5:17 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

March 12, 2015 , 7:15 pm
Customs Clearance
CANADA

March 12, 2015 , 7:15 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
CANADA

March 12, 2015 , 6:54 am
Departed
Toronto, CANADA

March 12, 2015 , 5:43 am
Departed
Toronto, CANADA

March 12, 2015 , 4:17 am
Departed
Louisville, UNITED STATES

March 12, 2015 , 12:10 am
Departed
Louisville, UNITED STATES

March 11, 2015 , 9:51 pm
Departed
West Palm Beach, UNITED STATES

March 11, 2015 , 7:44 pm
Departed
West Palm Beach, UNITED STATES

March 11, 2015 , 3:56 pm
Arrived
Miami, UNITED STATES

March 11, 2015 , 1:13 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)

March 11, 2015 , 1:12 pm
Arrived at Sort Facility
ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)

March 10, 2015
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

Canada Post wrote:
2015/03/12 19:15  MISSISSAUGA Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
2015/03/11 13:13   USMIAA,USA International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
       13:12   USMIAA,USA International item processed in originating country
2015/03/10 14:56    37086,USA International item mailed in originating country

So for reference, most stuff (if it doesn't come from the west) comes through Toronto into Mississauga which is only 1-2 hours away from me, and reaches me the following day. I should have actually received this early, on Friday or Monday, but apparently they sent it back to goddamn Miami?

This is Final Fantasy Type-0 HD BTW. I'm just waiting for the ransom note to arrive so I can finally play the Final Fantasy May Cry demo.
Back to top Go down
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMThu Mar 19, 2015 5:57 pm

Great puns Tenshi!
Don't bolt! I haven't shown any resistance to them yet haven't I? Besides, they spark my interest.
I mean, without your current flow of puns, this topic and my stories in them would be quite static indeed!

And it's not like I can ground you if you don't conduct yourself properly or anything. ;)

Fick:

My arm twitched on its own today during a lecture in much the same way it did when I got shocked, minus the shock. Why yes, that is apparently a possible side effect within three days of the event...

Well, if that is everything I got away perfectly fine!

I'm gonna be extra careful for another two days but it looks like I can finally relax.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMThu Mar 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Pos: Life is...GREAT. Gonna be going through oooooooold archives for various reasons that would not only benefit the county I live in but local families as well. Thinking about doing such good feels damned great. No more shall I remain static, nay from now I shall be charged with ambition!

Pos: I've noticed I'm becomin' increasingly distracted at random times, smiling a lot and feels amplifying. This type of affliction that I've found myself under is not one I wish to be cured from...

Neg: Follow-up dentist appointment to deep clean the left side of my mouth next week. Gonna make a note to numb me a bit more before injecting with a needle. >.>;
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMFri Mar 20, 2015 12:22 am

Pos: Bought a WiiU finally.

Neg: It won't connect to the wifi no matter what I try entering into the setup. Gonna try bringing it upstairs to the room with the router tomorrow and hook it up to an old monitor and see if it will at least connect from that distance so I can get the firmware updated. Who the f*** doesn't put ethernet ports on a console in this day and age? Nintendo, apparently.

I knew I wasn't going to get to play it today because setup would take a while but this is NOT what I anticipated.

Morning Edit:

Pos: moved the WiiU upstairs into the same room as the router and it connected. I read a comment online that when someone updated their firmware it DRASTICALLY improved the wifi so here's hoping, otherwise I gotta get a LAN adapter and plug the WiiU into my laptop
Back to top Go down
Dannnnny

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMSat Mar 21, 2015 8:29 pm

hi

so did the old forums finally bite the dust and drift off into the great unknown??
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMMon Mar 23, 2015 10:38 am

Neg: Daaaamn yooooouuu winteeeeer! *shakes fist* Go away and let me enjoy spring!

Dannnnny wrote:
so did the old forums finally bite the dust and drift off into the great unknown??
The official TSF? Yes. There's a "Tales" section of the official bandai namco forum but it's tiny and dead and lumps the entire series into a single subsection of their forum.
Back to top Go down
Prochainezo

Prochainezo

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMMon Mar 23, 2015 7:45 pm

so let's give this another shot

pos/neg/fick: I was named the project manager for the translation of this one artsy movie, which will be shown at a movie fair in May. It's cool and all, but I really did not need this right now- I haven't even finished my second year of uni yet, for crying out loud. Not to mention all the other assignments piling up. I don't even feel like I'm capable of something like this, but it's not like I could refuse the offer either... At least I can mention this in my CV when it's done, haha.

pos: Last Thursday, I was kind of surprised when I was told I'd have to write a ~6 page essay on car ads by next week, but it's going surprisingly smooth so far. I'm still writing the rough draft, and I'm already at ~1700 words/5½ pages. I can't say I have ever had -this- problem before, geez...

Also can mods still change usernames here?
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Sakuyashii
Slivendiferious
Quilvius
Slivendiferious

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMMon Mar 23, 2015 8:34 pm

Tenshigami wrote:
Neg: Daaaamn yooooouuu winteeeeer! *shakes fist* Go away and let me enjoy spring!

Dannnnny wrote:
The official TSF? Yes. There's a "Tales" section of the official bandai namco forum but it's tiny and dead and lumps the entire series into a single subsection of their forum.
And it seems to be filled with people that don't seem to understand basic grammer, unfortunately :/
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMWed Mar 25, 2015 9:47 am

Neg: Getting stressed out and depressed again lately. I'm ok, but my mind keeps wandering stupid places it really shouldn't be going.

Pos: I only bought it for the potential to play it with friends, but I actually...kinda got into Mario Kart for the first time in years last night. I was actually having fun just playing MK8 single-player and unlocking tracks and characters. Still waiting for my WiiU Pro Controller to arrive tho because dear God is the gamepad bulky and awkward. As soon as I finished 50cc and moved on to 100cc the mistakes I make due to the awkwardness of the gamepad were readily apparent because in 100cc they actually start to matter.

Granted, some of this could be due to my Mario Kart skills being extremely rusty. Sometimes I think I've got the hang of slide-boosting around corners with the gamepad, then a few minutes later I just fail horribly and hit a wall, fall off the edge, or wind up in the dirt.

Scrubedge wrote:
Also can mods still change usernames here?
An Admin probably can - you might want to pm Taiyz, Moontoon, or Suikiwiden. There are more, but the three I just listed are the most active.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMThu Mar 26, 2015 1:22 am

Mario Kart 8 is no joke. It's easily the best one.

And yes we can modify usernames. PM one of us with the name you want!
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaMThu Mar 26, 2015 11:52 am

Neg: Just went to my second dental appointment to get the left side of my teeth deep cleaned and holy crap. Definitely more painful than last time especially when they did two shots in my lower jaw. First two on my upper didn't hurt as badly but wow. By the end I was crying somewhat and sorta shaking. The procedure itself was fine, but man those shots have to really go in deep and at odd angles... My jaw is sore. Sad

Quote :
TenshigamiNeg: Getting stressed out and depressed again lately. I'm ok, but my mind keeps wandering stupid places it really shouldn't be going

Watch ATLA and Korra. Avatar does a great job at keeping one positive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken   Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken - Page 35 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Positives, negatives and everything in between fickraken
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next