Tales of Reservia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US

Go down 
+25
Infernookami
Emil12345
Venom
Lord Yggdrasill
Harbinger
GroundhogDay
Bo Staff Katana
ShirleyVaga
Taiyz
Juanblue85
Suikoden
King Cat the Sixth
Saeko
Arn
DreamSword
Tenshigami
Zwei.0
TimeFactor
DylDawg
Yume Hanabi
Slivendiferious
Rekkuuzan
Samaël
Scrawlers
swordandshield
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMMon Aug 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Emil12345 wrote:
Arn wrote:
The choices make no fucking difference dude, also guides exists. This's no fuckign excuse to buy the game.
No need to drop the F-bomb. It's my OPINION. Everyone has them. I'll wait for Zesteria.
No dude, you are being really idiot by saying you won't buy the game because of X or Y reason and yet you make a post about an otaku game that the choices matter. And if you are going to wait start by writing Zestiria correct.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 1:16 am

Isn't it a rule on forum sites not to post anything offensive or hurtful?

Very well, I'll buy it, but I won't play it. Happy?
Back to top Go down
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 2:10 am

Well the cameo battle is up (Spoilers obviously):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEP2ndh2Qn0&index=79&list=PLMf_b78jbe81r7wrh2aJl4mkYWcHgCGmC

Just in case anyone cares. It doesn't sound like the old voice actors reprised their roles.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 4:37 am

You don't have to buy it if you don't want to play it.
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 8:21 am

Emil12345 wrote:
Isn't it a rule on forum sites not to post anything offensive or hurtful?

Very well, I'll buy it, but I won't play it. Happy?
 Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 41355646 I'm not telling you to buy the game bro. You came here, say that you wont buy the game because of the choice system and 30 minutes later you made the topic about an otaku game that have choices which change the course of the game plus your are obsessed with Symphonia which too have a choice system.
Back to top Go down
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 1:43 pm

GroundhogDay wrote:
Well the cameo battle is up (Spoilers obviously):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEP2ndh2Qn0&index=79&list=PLMf_b78jbe81r7wrh2aJl4mkYWcHgCGmC

Just in case anyone cares. It doesn't sound like the old voice actors reprised their roles.

I miss Liam.
Back to top Go down
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Huh, I didn't think anyone was a fan of his Stahn.

Cress is definitely Erik Kimerer, Mint is confirmed to be Kira Buckland, and Rutee sounds like Cristina Vee to me ( but it's hard to hear her). Don't know about Stahn, maybe Orion Acaba or Ben Diskin?
Back to top Go down
Dimentionalist

Dimentionalist

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 4:27 pm

>Kira Buckland and Cristina Vee

Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 Frustrated-muppets-headdesk-tv-funny

I miss Symphonia and Vesperia quality voice talent. Was worried the series would take the cheap Bang Zoom talent route eventually.

Then again, after flying all those VAs out to and from Texas they probably needed people who would work for free.

Jumping on the dual audio boat for Zestiria. A damn shame because I prefer dubs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EtherDimentionalist
DreamSword
Handsome Hobo
DreamSword

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 4:46 pm

I miss Eternia quality voice talent. Was worried the series would take the cheap fanwank pandering route eventually.

Then again, after getting all those VAs and leaving them all uncredited, I guess they decided they needed to actually put effort in.

Jumping off the dual audio boat for Zestiria. A damn shame because I prefer localizations that are actually good rather than those that run off the minds of dub haters.
Back to top Go down
DylDawg
Amazing Dawg Idol
DylDawg

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Smirk. Nice.

Spoiler:

If I can manage to play Star Ocean 4 in English, with both Sarah and Lymle (which I didn't really find bad) as party members, Dimentionalist can play English X2 as well.
Back to top Go down
Tenshigami
Hair Trigger Mage
Tenshigami

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Haven't played it as mine just shipped, but I'll just say this: would you rather they stuck to the same pool of voice talent every time? It might suck getting VAs that have been in everything under the sun that NISA has localized, but that's because NISA *does* stick to the same voice pool.

I'd rather have them bring in new/different voice talent than say "hey that's actor xyz who voiced one of the main cast in the past 3 games in the series! ...neat."

It's kind of a trade-off of good and bad really.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 5:30 pm

From the FB Tales group:

Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 7rEuVS8
Back to top Go down
Harbinger
Nephalem
Harbinger

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Yeah, I saw this pics Smile
Back to top Go down
Dimentionalist

Dimentionalist

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 9:24 pm

DreamSword wrote:
I miss Eternia quality voice talent. Was worried the series would take the cheap fanwank pandering route eventually.

Then again, after getting all those VAs and leaving them all uncredited, I guess they decided they needed to actually put effort in.

Jumping off the dual audio boat for Zestiria. A damn shame because I prefer localizations that are actually good rather than those that run off the minds of dub haters.

Wow, mature. Not once did I attack you or any other member of this forum with my statement about my personal opinion about the quality of the game's voice talent. Did I ever mock you for prefer Brian Beacock to Scott Menville back on the old boards? No. Why? Because you're entitled to your own opinion, as is everyone else. If you can't handle differing opinions on the net, well...

And for the record, I greatly prefer dubs to subs most of the time.

DylDawg wrote:
Smirk. Nice.

Coming from Mr. "BYE-BYE TALES SERIES" and "rip tales"? You also blatantly spread misinformation about Hearts R and Baba earlier in the year here and elsewhere. You're in no position to whine about snark.

And another thing... just to let you know, you would have been banned from TSFG had you not left. And that's just not coming from me, either. Trust me Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EtherDimentionalist
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMTue Aug 19, 2014 11:33 pm

Now we have Mike McFarland and Joel McDonald as Bisley and
Spoiler:
respectively.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Aug 20, 2014 12:15 am

You guys are fighting over voice-acting? Tales never had decent ones, they were ok at best and mostly voices doesn't really fit the character plus the whole "read this text and I'll sync it into the game".

I still don't get why you guys are so obssessed with your glorious VA's, then again the blame should be on the lack of credit which is pretty terrible because I think voice acting is a cool job.

Also every time I read you guys saying that someone dub x or y character it's always the same name, plus it's like 1 VA for 16 different characters in one game.
Back to top Go down
Suikoden
Tired
Suikoden

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Aug 20, 2014 1:29 am

Alright guys, let's ease up on the tension going on here. So there's differing opinions on VAs. That in itself is not a problem but the drama behind it is.

Dimentionalist wrote:
And another thing... just to let you know, you would have been banned from TSFG had you not left. And that's just not coming from me, either. Trust me Wink
Not sure how this is relevant to the thread.
Back to top Go down
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Aug 20, 2014 1:35 am

Tales has had pretty decent dubs since Symphonia, never really too amazing, but with the exception of a character here and there they're pretty good. I don't think I've encountered a character where the voice didn't fit, except maybe Elize's voice, but I got used to it over time and it was never really jarring past the early parts of the game. Also, when dubbing for anime and probably more niche Japanese games like Tales, the voice actors have to match their voice to mouth flaps, not just talk and have the game changed around their lines.

Besides myself (I'm somewhat of a voice actor nerd), no one else really seems to be obsessing over any voice actors around here except Dimensionalist, and that's only because he dislikes a certain few voice actresses. The localization, including voice actors, is really the only to talk about with this game since it's been out for almost 2 years already and most people here have probably played it already. I also don't think anyone has been praising these voice actors as "glorious", that's more something you'd see when someone praises Japanese actors.

Your last statement is an obvious hyperbole, this game has a ton of voice actors completely new to Tales and most dubs I see around nowadays are filled with voice actors I've never even heard of before. I believe there's also a 3 (named) character limit for any show or game when it comes to how many you can voice, or so I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Arn
Tensoku Star
Arn

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Aug 20, 2014 10:08 am

No, I'm not talking about Xillia/2 specifically, I'm talking about it overall. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to attack anyone here, it's just that I'm an outsider(brazilian), and well, it kind of annoys me this whole talking about voice acting every time a game is released and you guys trying to figure out who voices who without waiting for a credit list or something.
Back to top Go down
GroundhogDay

GroundhogDay

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMWed Aug 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Yeah, I can get that. English voices must not matter at all for you, so I guess it's strange to see people talking about it so much.
Back to top Go down
Emil12345

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Aug 21, 2014 1:14 am

I like English voices, but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Taiyz
Admin Idol
Taiyz

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Aug 21, 2014 1:21 am

Jesus christ these last three pages are ridiculous. I don't want to restart the arguing by throwing my my (inevitably controversial) two cents, so I'm just gonna say that you guys should stop trying to smug it up, because ya'll're annoying each other, and that annoys everybody else.

Enjoy your fuggin' Tales cartoons and write fanfics about man love (you guys are still into that, right?) and stop fighting.

If you don't like 'em, don't try to spoil everybody else's second coming of Jesus Cress, the series is in a place where boycotting will just make things worse, anyway.

As a side note, I love the sound of Milla's actress from a couple bites I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Yume Hanabi
Yume Hanabi

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Aug 21, 2014 7:02 am

Yeah, I haven't heard much yet cuz I only watched a few videos on Youtube, but I like her a lot more now than in the first game. And is it me or is the "lisp" gone? It was a sound quality problem, right?

@Arn: I know the feeling. Everytime discussions about English VA come up I'm like, I wish we had French dubs... (and then all my fellow French speakers say I'm crazy, why whould anyone want that XD)
Back to top Go down
http://yume-x-hanabi.tumblr.com
Samaël
Kamen Rider
Samaël

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Aug 21, 2014 7:44 am

why talk about voice actors when we can talk about this
Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 Tumblr_nampd9jhAN1r05eyxo1_500
Back to top Go down
Juanblue85

Juanblue85

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaMThu Aug 21, 2014 2:44 pm

My ToX2 CE arrived today and I see amazon still likes to place the box on one side of the box instead of in the middle. I see my CE box is damaged on one lower corner but I'll live with it. Everything else arrived perfectly. I have my Ludger statue on the shelf and my game and steelbook on my game shelf. rollo plush will remain in the box so as to not let it get damage and dust same with the mirror pocketwatch (kinda wish it was a real watch though).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US   Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US - Page 6 07v2DaM

Back to top Go down

Its getting real close to Xillia 2's release date in the US
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next